Kraving Kovacs (Vexing Vamp #...

By nikkilarousse

A MEETING ON A VACATION Gabriel Kovacs was so tired that he decided to go on a vacation with his beloved cous... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 22

4 0 0
By nikkilarousse

BIANCA furrowed her eyebrows. "What the hell is Blue Blood? Pure? What are you talking about Gabe? I am a normal Sicilian human that just found out that my birth parents were in that village that I—" she gulped, "burned," she whispered before Bianca was getting up from her seat, pacing back and forth in front of him.

Gabriel clenched his jaws, staring into the flames as Bianca was waiting for his explanation. Then, he sighed. "Blue blood is a state where you're not a Vampire yet you have the strength and speed of that species. It is required from eating a fruit which was known as Forbidden Fruit.

"It looks like a common apple but it has tiny stripes that usually get overlooked and grow in this pine forest of Lacul Rosu," Gabriel looked at his wife as he arched his eyebrow.

"You don't happen to be eating one of those when you're in the village, did you?" he asked. Bianca smiled sheepishly.

"Well... I did pick one and had them for dessert, I think," she said as she was rubbing her throbbing temple.

"But I cannot be sure what this apple had to do with the fire that I created in the forest," she said as Gabriel smiled.

"I'm getting to that. The Forbidden Fruit can slow our aging process to look young and sometimes, it can be used as a cataclysm to some powerful Blue Blood lineage.

"They have powers, Elemental class, and Psychic Class. The more powerful the lineage, sometimes, the Blue Blood can control both classes," he explained. Bianca's eyebrows arched.

"Elemental Class? Are you talking about basic elements that can be controlled such as water, earth, fire, and wind?" she asked Gabriel as he nodded at her. He smiled.

"You forgot one more element. Lightning," he said as Bianca was rolling her eyes with a smile on her lips.

"Okay, smart ass," she replied, her husband smirking. Then, she settled next to him as she wanted to know more about this.

"What about the Psychic Class? What are they?" she asked as Gabriel looked at the fire.

"The Psychic Class consists of powers that are controlled by the mind. For example, my cousin Aaron has telepathy and telekinesis which both are in Psychic Class. It's is rare for Blue Blood to have more than one power but Aaron is a special case," Gabriel stated as Bianca was arching her eyebrow at him.

"And why is that?" she asked.

Her husband smirked. "His lineage goes back to the founder of Blue Blood. Let's just say that he's related to the royalty of our species," Gabriel said as Bianca nodded.

Then, he continued his lecture on their lineage. "So, the common Blue Blood felt threatened by those who had more than one power, meaning that most powerful Blue Blood, which we're referred to as Pure Blood, must go into hiding. But you were exposed that day and was caught the Huntress," he explained as Bianca was trying to remember who the hell was the Huntress.

Then it hit her mind.

She snapped her fingers. "It was that woman, the one that fought with Aaron, right?" she asked as Gabriel nodded grimly.

"Unfortunately, yes. That is her, Astrid Larsen, the hunter from the Order of Holy and it seems that she's the strongest vampire hunter in the world right now, hence she debuted as The Huntress of the Order," he explained again as she stared at him.

Bianca blinked her eyes. "Vampire hunter? I thought we're not vampires. Yet anyway. You said we're Blue Blood!" she exclaimed before Gabriel turned and gripped her arms. She bared her teeth at her husband.

"No! Don't touch me," she said as she was running away from the campsite. Bianca just can't be in her husband's presence anymore.

Not after that lecture. I'm a Blue Blood? Hah! Jokes on you, Gabriel Kovacs for I am a human and my parents are humans. We're not Blue Blood or Pure Blood or whatever! Bianca mused as she was running in the dark pine forest.

She felt like she had been here before that it was like a déjà vu.

She heard her husband was calling after her. "Bianca!" Gabriel shouted.

Bianca harrumphed as she was walking aimlessly on the moist, soft ground. "Just leave me alone!" she replied before Gabriel materialized in front of her. She gasped before her husband gripped her arms. His brilliant blue eyes were shining under the moonlight. He shook his head.

"You're burning up, my love. It's not safe for you to let your emotions get the best of you, Bianca. Control it, my love," Gabriel spoke to her as Bianca felt something was burning inside her, dying to be unleashed to the world.

Yes, let it out. You are not to be contained anymore, the thing that dwelled inside Bianca whispered before she felt something was twitching in her eyes. She blinked a few times before Bianca saw her husband, Gabriel, in a different light. That's when she knew she was a dying cause.

*****

Shit! Gabriel thought as he was looking at Bianca's glowing amber eyes. I'm supposed to stop this from happening again. But what did my big mouth do? I told her the truth and now she cannot accept it. I have to find another way.

Gabriel stepped forward as Bianca was looking at him with those uncanny glowing eyes, a smirk was plastered at her lips. He can feel that her Darker Side was having fun right now when Bianca let it control her. He held out his hand toward her.

"Bianca, do not let the fire control you. You control it," he said to her as his wife was blinking her eyes at him, stumbling backward. She was rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands a few more times. Then, she was looking at him as Gabriel knew what had happened. Bloody hell!

Her eyes were no longer the whiskey that Gabriel was used to knowing. It was no longer the glowing orange from before but they had turned pure obsidian which meant that her fire, Bianca's Darker Side, was controlling her now.

Gabriel stepped forward. "Bianca!"

His wife bared her teeth to him. "Back off!" she shouted before Gabriel was being blasted with fireballs. It would seem that my mate is an Elemental class and controls Pyrokinesis, Gabriel mused before he shielded himself with an ice shield.

Fate loved to play with its matchmaking. While Bianca Belmonte was a Pyrokinesis and spewed fireballs and flames from her hands, Gabriel Kovacs was a Cyrokinesis and created frost and ice. I can still tame her if I can, Gabriel mused as he counterattacked his mate.

"Bianca, this is not who you are," he said as Gabriel was looking at his mate before Bianca was floating from the ground, her body glowed as her aura was burning with fire that did not burn her clothes magically.

She was looking at him with her obsidian eyes. "You are done being my husband and I am done being controlled by you. Step aside or get burned from within," she warned him before Gabriel straightened up in his steed and faced her, knowing that no matter what happened, he would not turn his back on her.

Bianca Belmonte is my mate and I will take her no matter her flaws and mistakes that she made, Gabriel mused as he stepped forward.

He stared at her. "I will not leave you anymore. Not like last time," he said before Bianca smirked at him, then she laughed maniacally. She floated higher in the air as her aura was lighting up the dark pine forest. Gabriel was sure that anyone in their right mind would not be coming here.

Or they would because the public was stupid that way, too curious for their own good.

Bianca's obsidian eyes were staring at him, a smirk was plastered to her lips. Then, she arched her eyebrow. "You and with what army? You cannot even control me when I'm unconscious deep within. You have to use medicine to control me!" she said, holding her hands out and the flame started to ignite.

Gabriel was gritting his teeth before he was pulling his ice shield around him, holding his ground and not wanting to give Bianca any advantage to his position.

Gabriel tried to stall for time as he made his mate talked. "Do you know what's the most surprising thing that I found out recently?" he asked her before Bianca was tilting her head, waiting for him to continue. She narrowed her eyes as flame continued to melt his ice shield.

Damn it, she's strong for a fledgling, Gabriel mused as he smirked. She must be the Pure Blood lineage then.

His mate tsked as Bianca was waiting for him. "What?" she asked, trying to hold her anger as her flame was getting stronger. Apparently, she still controls her powers based on her emotions. I could work with that, Gabriel mused, smirking before he was holding his hands up toward her. Bianca was still igniting flame as Gabriel was trying to counterattack her.

"That you forgot my Elemental power is the opposite of you and I can defeat you, Bianca. Just you wait and see," Gabriel said before sharp ice shards started to form from the ground as he was aiming at his mate, wanting to pin her down. The shards started to fly into the air, attacking his supposed wife. Bianca deflected them nicely as if she has been practicing, perhaps in her dream.

How can anyone, let alone a fledgling, deflect that? It was my signature move! Gabriel thought as he was moving around, following Bianca to ensure that she was contained in the pine forest and not away from him. His mate blocked his advances as easily as she would bat a fly. Gabriel was gritting his teeth as his strength was depleting because he was forming the ice shards that took a lot of energy.

"Damn," he whispered under his breath as Gabriel was forming more ice shards, losing more of his energy. He cannot help it since Gabriel just had one blood pack when he was visiting his cousin that one time while Bianca... well, she did not eat anything since she was in a coma.

Then, how can she be so strong than me? Gabriel thought as his ice shield was starting to melt more than it was building itself up.

Bianca smirked. "Why are you so weak? I thought you're a powerful Blue Blood, perhaps a Pure Blood," she taunted Gabriel as she was sending more fireballs and flame that he had to retreat for covers among the pine trees.

Such a shame that I, who was a great warrior once upon a time, have to retreat from my fledgling mate, Gabriel thought as he was concealing himself among the shadows, making a new strategy on how to attack Bianca.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 161 33
Growing up in foster care never knowing who his real parents are or where he comes from has always been hard for Kason especially with his mind and b...
1M 30.9K 82
This is a story of two broken souls who were brought together by one's lust and other's fear. Sophia She was young, innocent, loving and pretty with...
334K 8.1K 50
Carter Romano is tired of the mafia life. To get his freedom, his father makes a deal with him to kill their biggest enemy, Rossi. In searching for t...
4.4K 314 38
She's formidable. He's resolute. Hailing from starkly contrasting backgrounds and families with unexpected values and priorities. Despite daunting ob...