Kraving Kovacs (Vexing Vamp #...

By nikkilarousse

A MEETING ON A VACATION Gabriel Kovacs was so tired that he decided to go on a vacation with his beloved cous... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 7

2 0 0
By nikkilarousse

GABRIEL was cleaning up the table that he was having a dinner date with Bianca just now. A smile was plastered to his lips as he could not forgo the remark that she was giving after he said, lying in human timeline, of his age.

I thought you were ancient.

Gabriel smiled before he shook his head. Well, I think I will have such a good time with my mate later, he thought as the front door was burst open and Aaron was walking inside the room. He was whistling before he walked toward the table and picked up some of the meat that Gabriel cut earlier and ate them.

"Oh, this is amazing," Aaron said before Gabriel shook his head as well as rolled his eyes at her cousin. Then, he was putting the dirty plates for the housekeeping to be coming later on.

"So, how was your date?" Aaron asked Gabriel before he just shrugged at his cousin. Aaron snickered before he was shedding his long coat as he was out from his night stroll.

"Did you have fun tonight with your people-watching?" Gabriel asked before Aaron smirked at him.

"You would not believe what happened tonight," he said before Gabriel was arching his eyebrow.

"Really? So will you be sharing this information with me or are we just going to—"

"Fine! You asked for it. I went on a stroll with a woman," Aaron said as he was opening a water bottle before drinking it. Gabriel was blinking his eyes at his cousin for he never thought that Aaron would be going on a stroll with a woman, let alone a stranger that he did not know.

"Do I know her or—"

"I can assure you, cousin, that she was not someone that you knew but I will keep that bit for now," Aaron said before he took another meat strip and went out of the kitchen as Gabriel was coming after him.

"You scum! Tell me her name!" he barked as Aaron was laughing so hard while Gabriel was running after him in their hotel suite that night.

*****

Astrid opened her eyes when she felt like she was being watched but when she was looking around, she was still in her rented room in the hotel as the Vampire that she had to hunt and kill. She sighed before she rolled and then the noise continued to haunt her ears.

She looked at the special phone that was her contact for the Order. She got up from the bed and went to pick the phone while thinking who could be calling her in the middle of the night right now.

"Hello?" she said in Romanian before she cleared her throat as if she was not sleeping just now.

"Huntress. How is the hunt going right now?" the familiar, new voice was hitting her eardrum before Astrid was up and about in the room as His Holiness was asking about her report for the hunt of one Vampire.

Aaron Covaci.

"I am still in the first phase with the vampire. I cannot say that he has my trust just yet but I am working on it. But I did insert myself in his group this evening and apparently, he did not suspect a thing, Master," she said with confidence as His Holiness was humming at the end of the line.

"Hmm, interesting. And how did you do that even after 5 days of going to Sicily, Italy?" His Holiness said as Astrid was trying so much not to roll her eyes. She knew that her new Master was trying to make sure that she could do her job.

And Astrid damn well knew how to do her job.

"I found our common point and worked through my way from there, Master," she said as she was looking at the city lights that were shining on the town square of the island. She was gripping the phone as she was trying to control her emotions as she knew that something was off from the way that Aaron was not suspecting her of anything.

And that worried Astrid much more than getting scolded by His Holiness.

"Very well. Keep up the good work, Huntress. I will be asking for another report in 5 days," His Holiness said before he ended the call. Astrid pulled away from the phone from her ear as she was leaning against the glass window as she sighed.

She did not know that her work would be much more difficult than her training but to keep the world safe from the terrorizing vampires, she must do what she had to.

"I'm the Huntress of the Order and it is my job not to be led astray but some pretty face," she said before she turned away from the window and went to work out some of the pent-up energy that she got from the conversation with her Master.

*****

At first, Bianca was not sure if she was dreaming or if she was in a lucid dream as she was looking around her surroundings. She was not in the one-room apartment that she bought with her own money or the fact that she was in Italy as well. She was in a foreign country when she heard the conversation that was going on around her.

But what was weirder was that she understood everything that was being said.

She did not know what kind of language that they were talking to as the crowd was laughing, drinking, and having the best time of their lives. They were wearing something out of the Victorian London era with their bustles and crinoline as well as their lavish gowns that were sparkling under the candlelight that was gleaming on top of her head.

Bianca tried to come at someone and ask about her surrounding but something caught her eyes as he was walking around, a glass of red wine was in his hand.

He was laughing before he went to the other side of the ballroom as Bianca followed him. She felt the pull between them but the stranger was still unaware that she was following him.

He turned to the side and Bianca was looking at the side profile of the very man that she'd—

Then, the scene shifted as she was now falling in an abyss as she was stretching her hands to get a hold of something from her drop. Then, she was on the ground that was covered with moss and she was among the trees.

'Where am I?' she talked as her eyes were taking in every detail of the forest. Some fogs surrounded the ground as she was stepping on the moss. It was soft against her feet as Bianca was looking at her naked feet as well as the white, thin chemise that she had on her body. But she did not feel the cold, instead, she was burning hot.

'Bianca!'

She turned around when she heard her name. But there was no one around her as she was looking across the forest with fog clinging to her feet.

'Who's there?' she asked as she was trying to make sense of where she was but she was alone. And before she knew it, she was running toward something. What, she did not know but she knew that she had to go to the edge of the forest and that's what she knew when she arrived at some magical place as something inside was burning up and—

*****

The first thing that she smelled was the smoke that was curling around her nose. Bianca opened her eyes so suddenly and she saw that some smoke was penetrating her bedroom. She threw her covers away before she walked toward the source of the smoke.

It was her stove on fire and Bianca did everything that she could to make sure that the smoke—and the fire—was under control. She sighed before she turned off the stove that somehow turned on when she was sure that she had put it off before going to bed.

"How did it happen?" she asked herself as Bianca was trying to open the windows to let the smoke go away from her house. She did not install any fire alarm—which was a good thing—for she did not want the firefighters to come here without any fire burning any building.

Bianca leaned back against the window as the smoke drifted away from the house as a slight breeze from the shore was coming into her house. She sighed before Bianca felt the hot sensation that she had in her dream inside her body. She brushed her arms up and down before she was turned away from the window, wanting to forget the foreign dream that she had before, and went to bed as her shift would not be starting until dusk.

And she will not be seeing Gabriel during the morning for she will be sound asleep.

*****

Everything ached inside his chest. Aaron did not know that it was the normal reaction when she was not around him or he was having another psychic attack. It was one of those things or the fact that Aaron did not believe that Miss Larsen was his soulmate. He sighed as he was lying on the rooftop of the hotel that they were staying at before Aaron was sitting up. Then, Gabriel joined him.

"So, this is the place that you go to when you want to escape. It has a nice view as well," Gabriel said before Aaron was rolling his eyes.

"It's better than going to the bar for I hate crowds," he said before his cousin was chuckling softly.

"But really, why are you here, coz?" Gabriel said before Aaron turned to look at him. The wind tousled his brunette hair as Gabriel's blue eyes were focused on his face. I guess I have to tell him, he thought before Aaron sighed as he was rubbing the back of his neck.

"Promise you will not laugh at me?" he said before Gabriel was arching his eyebrow.

"And since when did I—"

"You always make fun of me when I am trying to be serious," Aaron said as he was rolling his eyes before Gabriel smirked.

"Well, you're my cousin. Of course, I would be making fun of you,"

"Asshole," Aaron mumbled before Gabriel laughed again.

"Prick,"

"Do you want to know what's bothering me or not?" he asked before Gabriel held his hands in surrender move.

"I think I found my soulmate," Aaron said before Gabriel perked up.

"Well, that's great—"

"The thing is, she's working for the enemy," Aaron added before Gabriel furrowed his eyebrow.

"What do you mean?"

Aaron sighed before he was looking at the moon that was shining in the skies right now. He knew that he was doomed to tell his cousin this but he had to. Or he would do something dramatic and Astrid Larsen will kill him for it. "I think...I think the Huntress of the Order is my soulmate,"

Everyone was quiet as Aaron let that statement sink into their consciousness. Gabriel, thankfully, kept his mouth shut as he did not comment anything about it. Until his cousin took a deep breath and released it. "Well, damn, Aaron. That is messed up," he said as Aaron was nodding at his statement. Yeah, Fate, loved to mess his life up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.3K 1.8K 36
The line between right and wrong had always been clear to FBI Agent Nikita Valance. As far as she was concerned, there was no in between. But that wo...
502 17 38
Book 2 of The Croesus' Brides series Because his long lost love was gone, Nicolas has determined to right the wrong of the world. But, someone has br...
5.7K 367 40
Hello my fellow readers this is in no connection to my other Mafia books. My Name is Aria Marie Cortez I am currently 28 years old , this story is ho...
11.3K 563 19
❝The FBI Agent with walls of steel and The Mafia Spy who couldn't feel.❞ 🎭 "Can you feel it?" "Feel what?" "My love for you." •♡• Kaya Skeats (real...