Luna Queen's Fury

Per Siberiantiggy

"How well can you know an abomination in sheep's clothing?" A chilling confession from a long-time hidden ene... Més

Preface
1 Too Late...
2 Uncharted Territory
3 Dreams that Never Were
4 Stubborn
5 Lalune Vitalis
6 Formidable
7 Inbetween
8 Idiot
9 It's Time
10 What Am I to You?
11 Oranges
12 Sugar
13 Rotten
15 Rusty
16 Roots
17 Gremlins
18 Ripple
19 Sage
20 Broken Barriers
21 Change Is In The Air...
22 Sick
23 Lurking
24 Nice Try
25 Preparation
26 The Little Things...
27 Little Fires
28 Never Too Busy For You
29 They're Coming
30 Imposters
31 Lies
32 Burn It Down
33 Play Nice...
34 House of Cards
35 What Could Go Wrong?
36 It's Time!
37 Breathe
38 At Last
39 Fairytale
40 Mommy!!!
Forgotten Christmas Bonus!

14 Pieces

10.2K 639 164
Per Siberiantiggy

Chris

"What do you mean, he doesn't know what's coming next!?" I growl, slamming my fist down on my desk. The thick wood groans under the force of impact but holds up.

"He was on reconnaissance," Derek grumbles, flipping through sheets on a clipboard. "He's given us a lot to go off of... I hate to say it but I believe him. They probably left him in the dark, knowing he was at high risk for capture."

"Three days, you've had him for three fucking days!" I palm my forehead, knotting my fingers in my hair as I wrestle with my temper. "Fuck man, putting Jess through that for nothing?!"

Outwardly, Jess looks the same as always, only adding to my concern. I watched her break, held her till she cried herself to sleep, then she's pulled on this mask.

How many times has she done this?

"He's not as clever as he thinks he is," Derek counters. "I think he's given away far more than he ever meant to. The information on what happened to Jess alone was worth it."

"Hearing the details of the abuse my MATE endured as they tried to find out what kind of supernatural she was is NOT worth it!" I snap. Cyrus ripples my skin, vying for control as his anger only adds to mine.

I need to shift and blow off some steam in the worst way possible but can't even do that. The moment I'm wild, he'll hijack control and finish what he started...

'Every breath that pitiful excuse for a man takes is one too many.'

"Maybe not to you, but for Nell to help Jess start to heal?" he asks, already knowing the answer.

I'd do anything for her, including keeping Cyrus on a short leash, so her sacrifice isn't in vain.

Jess has spent a lot of time with the vixens since the day she spoke with Tony. Overall, we try not to leave her alone with her thoughts, so when she's not with me or the Guardians she's with her friends.

"You said he let more slip than he meant to. Tell me you have something useful there at least." I drop back into my seat and lean my elbows on my desk, hoping for good news.

Derek grins, picks a paper out of his pile, and passes it to me. "They're behind it all," he announces. "I mean we thought the events were linked but now we know for sure."

I skim the paper, picking up key points about the attack in town when Jess was shopping, the Darklings, even the Golems. Hunters are known for their zealot approach to rooting out supernaturals, going to the extent of no matter the cost. Witches are their go-to conspirators, being on the outs with pretty much any others, but even then so many covens would just roast a hunter, not help them.

"Fucking Witches," I growl, pinching the bridge of my nose. "How can I protect Mira when Witches are helping the enemy like this?!"

Derek purses his lips and gives me a disapproving look. "The same way you protected rogues when they were also on Dimitri's side," he chides.

"Jess did that," I deadpan. At first, I wanted nothing to do with them, needing time and a little help from Willow to change my mind.

"So let her do it again," Derek replies with a shrug. "Your mate has the strength of a river in her. She can erode even the most stubborn of people with enough time."

"Except for those who refuse," I counter, glaring at him. He of all people should know how many people have come for her.

"And how'd that work out for them?" he asks with a sadistic smile.

"I do not want my pregnant mate having to kill people!" I snap, irritated by his nonchalant attitude. "Do I seriously need to spell it out?! Fucking twins no less! Doc said-"

"High risk, low stress, I know," he cuts in. "I understand, but you and I both know she's a magnet for trouble. That being said, she's got more protection than she's ever had before."

Guardians are glued to her twenty-four-seven now, all of us really. We each had our champion chosen before our coronation but knowing there's a real threat now just ups the ante.

Tony has admitted this is just the start, that there's a bigger plan at work. He may not know what, but he knows the end result is no more royal family.

"What's this?" I ask, flipping the page over to see a weird list. There are no names, just general descriptions of people.

"Informants," Derek growls. "Guards, omegas, warriors, and even someone holding an office, if you can believe it."

"What's not to believe?" I ask, laying the paper down and pointing to the list. "Guards? Like the ones slaughtered in the cell... Omegas? Take your pick, they weren't treated particularly well, I'm sure there are plenty that could be swayed."

Derek scoffs and rolls his eyes. "How the fuck does a pack get this rotten and no one notices?"

"They noticed," I huff. "It shrank by at least half... next to no one transferred in."

"Like rats fleeing a sinking ship," Derek grumbles.

We've spent a lot of time looking into the royal pack members. Xavier, more specifically, has spent countless hours combing through every scrap of data possible. The questionable things he's dug up has led to some hasty departures but we know there are far more that are better at hiding yet.

"So the hunters are working with the dark Witches, or witch I suppose," I mumble, thinking about the one we've already eliminated. "What about the Shadowman?"

Derek purses his lips and tilts his head as he considers my question. "That's harder to tell."

"So what? We sit around and wait for shit to happen?!" My head hurts from my no doubt skyrocketing blood pressure.

We have so many fires smouldering and no water in sight.

"I don't know that we have a choice on waiting," Derek starts. "But nothing says we need to sit idly by."

Derek has a glint in his eye, the same one he'd get before hatching scenes with me as a kid that either brought glory or ruin. I find myself leaning in like I did all those years ago, eager for the plan.

"Jess is certain the Shadowman is after Mira," he starts, eyes ablaze with determination.

"But why? I mean I know she's a powerful witch and all, but surely being part wolf, lessens her threat level?" I reason. My lack of understanding when it comes to the different classes and strengths of witches is embarrassing.

Derek shakes his head, looking lost in thought. "I don't think so... Garrick is convinced that if she truly embraced it and worked on her gift, she could easily challenge for a coven council chair... even contend for head."

I bark out a sarcastic laugh. "Yeah cause that's what she wants... Most days I'm pretty sure she doesn't even want to be here, let alone in witch bureaucracy."

"We're talking about capabilities, not desires," Derek chides. "Think about it brother, she's Marissa's heir. The magic required to alter the royal bond alone was next level, yet she figured it out with journals."

His words ring true and I think about the brief discussion in the cellar. She sees the magic woven around this place so clearly without effort. The display she did with the glowing runes alone screams competence and power.

"So you're suggesting in the meantime to hone Mira's skills," I muse, not imagining she'll appreciate that much.

"Jess has a point, if she's a target, it means she's a threat."

I nod, finding his logic sound. Somehow I doubt the royal pack will warm up to her seeing her practicing magic.

The silence stretches as we both get lost in thought before Derek finally speaks up. "How is she?" For as stoic as he normally is, he doesn't mask the concern in his voice.

I shake my head and sigh. "I don't even know. She broke, man... that fucker knew just where to target to break her then, poof the next morning, she's pulled herself back together?"

"She's always been good at that," he muses. "When we were in the flyer's dungeon, I was stunned at how level-headed she was. She said she'd fall apart later but right now she had work to do."

I scoff, fully picturing that. Jess does indeed soldier on until after the conflict is done. Memories of holding her in my arms as she cried in the shower after I got her back from the flayer comes to mind.

That was the first time I'd seen her cry... There have been far too many tears since then...

Derek pounds his fist on the table, drawing my attention to him. His gaze is locked on mine in challenge. "Whatever's running through your mind right now, forget it," he orders.

I glare at my brother irritated by his bluntness. There are few that can read me this well and even fewer who would dare call me out on it.

"You've brought that woman far more joy than sorrow and you two will have a long happy future together if I have anything to say about it." The defiance in his voice melts my temper, bringing me back to the task at hand.

"I'll hold you to that," I warn. "But in the meantime what?"

Derek nods and spares me a guarded look, warning that I'm not going to like his next topic. "Jess," he simply breathes out.

"No," I growl, feeling Cyrus get worked up.

"Brother you can't lock her away in a tower," he chides. "If anything, now is the time she needs to feel useful."

"I am not putting her and our pups in danger, fuck man," I snap, palming my face to keep from exploding.

"Letting her do nothing only puts her at more risk," he counters, unfazed by my outburst. "Not only will she think you have no confidence in her, she's the only one that can find the Shadowman."

"Find another way!"

"We've tried! There is no other way!" Derek snaps back before taking a deep breath. "Listen, I don't like it any more than you do but there's no way around it... She can do this. Just think about it."

I say nothing but he drops it, knowing he's made his point. Jess' gift is rare, rare enough that they haven't been able to find anyone else to slip into the dreamscape to find this guy.

Up to this point, her encounters have been accidental and Jess has had to play defence but they think it's time for offence. She may have dominion there and be capable of incredible feats, but sending her somewhere unprotected doesn't sit well with me.

"And what about the witch?" I ask, shifting topics.

"We're digging, along with the rest," Derek assures me. "Though Tony doesn't know who we're after he's given us enough to go off of."

My lips draw tight as I consider all that he's said. The small amount of information that we can corroborate makes it look like he's telling the truth but I can't help but think it's all too perfect. I shake my head, unable to shake the feeling.

"This is all too easy," I grumble. "This guy falls into our lap and five minutes with Jess and he's singing like a canary? I don't buy it."

"Neither do we," Derek replies with a dark grin. "He may have had some help along the way..."

"I'd expect no less, but he's being too helpful."

Derek chuckles. "Of course he is... Don't worry brother, I don't trust him one bit. He's still hiding something and when we find out what then we'll know what they're planning."

I nod, feeling some of the weight lift off my shoulders. We may not have all the details but this rough plan is a start.

We've been in the dark for far too long. It's time to bring the fight to them.

Cyrus salivates at the idea, eager for a target to release his pent-up rage on.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

217 34 30
They say the moon keeps people's secrets, but for Tessa it reveals them all. Tessa was never supposed to be the pack's next alpha, but fate had othe...
Mates Forever Per ninjaturtle

Literatura romàntica

41.8K 898 29
Have you ever had a secret? I mean, not like a, "honey, i secretly don't like your ties so I threw them all away," but a, "honey, I cheated on you wi...
316K 9.5K 54
He put more force in his grip on her cheeks and tilted her head up so she could look at him from her height. "Is that so, little rogue?" The King slo...
335K 12.6K 45
Secrets and lies were never a part of my life. Until, that is, I met him. Then, everything changed. Or, maybe things were always messed up, and meet...