The Hell Of Men

By zardelia

I entered the novel I wrote. Novel instincts. Well, it's okay. It was possible. It is an era of regression an... More

DISCLAIMER
VOLUME 1
V1E1
V1E2
V1E3
V1E4
V1E5
V1E6
V1E7
V1E8
V1E9
V1E10
V1E11
V1E12
V1E14
V1E15
V1E16

V1E13

57 4 0
By zardelia

Volume 1 Episode 13

* * *

"By the way, what agreement did you make with His Majesty? It's the first time I've heard of it."

"Oh, well..."

Come to think of it, she didn't tell her Dad. It wasn't a secret anyway, so she dragged her Dad to a nearby drawing room and sat down and told him the story step by step.

"So the conclusion is, if you and him have a luncheon every Sunday, you'll give him permission. That's why he allowed it. Isn't that annoying?"

As with all immature daughters, the Emperor's backstory and facts were mixed together, but somehow the reaction from her Dad was unusual. The atmosphere makes it impossible for someone to laugh. She kept her mouth shut and looked at her Dad. There was no change in his expressionless face, but without him knowing, her Dad's fist was trembling.

...Oh, Siden is angry.

She took a bite of the apple slice she had put in her mouth without thinking. Gulp, this is a little scary.

"Ari, if you don't want it, tell me. I can run to His Majesty right now and file a petition. Just tell your Dad!"

Does he think that's what it's all about? No, he knew. She's sure he knew. She put on a slightly troubled face at her Dad's intense reaction. In fact, having lunch every Sunday was a bit of a hassle, but it wasn't difficult enough to bother her Dad. All she has to do is wait patiently and eat. Of course, it's a pain to have a meal with someone she's not close to.

Oh yes. Seriously, Siden is weak against Arietta. It's not just because she's the only daughter who was left behind by his truly dear wife, but his daughter is also his world. Siden's thoughts were certainly a bit radical. He used to just watch her as his daughter didn't want any help from him before, but now...

"It's alright, Dad."

She smiled and sat right in front of her Dad.

"Don't make that face. It's really okay."

Her Dad looked like he was about to cry. It was kind of funny for a grown man to be like this, but it hurts her because it was Siden.

"Arietta, if you're doing this because of me..."

"No, Dad. It's really fine. We're not even fiancés yet."

In fact, if he tried to force her to be his fiancé, she was seriously contemplating whether she would climb up to the Academy's rooftop and cause a suicidal commotion. She can't let that slide. Then it'll be published in a full-fledged foreign newspaper, right? It would be an Imperial disgrace. But she was willing to do so if she could humiliate him and kick him far away. This world is a men's hell anyway! She doesn't care if her reputation falls to the ground! It's the same as not getting married! But Siden, who didn't know what she was thinking, ended up covering his face with his hands.

"I'm sorry. Your Dad is not strong enough..."

He was frustrated because he didn't know what to do.

Dad, don't cry! It's not your fault. Why do you blame yourself so much?

And it was Siden who stopped Mikhazen from trying to kill Arietta, who in the past had been ruthlessly swept away by royalty and dukes, who were powerless. Her Dad is the one who had kept Arietta alive, even if he had to face Yuan who hates so much, and used himself as bait. What else is he trying to do?

He was really really sad.

Yes. Still, because she had such a lovely Siden, Arietta would not have been so unhappy. There's Siden, a man like this is her Dad, and there was no way that Mikhazen would only make her unhappy. She was a little relieved to realize that she didn't give Arietta misfortune. She had created a place where she can attach affection and breathe. That's why Arietta couldn't rely on Siden even more. Because Siden was already overdoing it.

"It's enough for Dad to be with me. Don't blame yourself."

She smiled broadly as she comforted her crying Dad. Dad took a deep breath and made a gloomy face.

Um, Dad...

"Dad, don't you think I've changed too much lately?"

"Huh?"

In fact, for the past week, she was a bit nervous even though she was being reckless. What if Siden finds out? Even though she couldn't play Arietta, it was even more so because she thought it would be quite difficult if her Dad found out and hated her. However, her Dad accepted her no matter how different she acted from Arietta before. She thought that good things were good, but she had always wondered why.

"Gid and the Emperor, they told me that I had changed, but my Dad didn't seem to mention anything."

Ah! Dad exclaimed briefly. And he smiles softly and places a big hand on her head.

"Whether you change or not, you are still my daughter."

Then her Dad smiled as if he remembered something.

"And when you were young, you were a huge tomboy."

Yes it was. It was such a setup.

It was after losing her mother that Arietta began to change. That was the starting point when the cracks in this harmonious family began to fall. Arietta, who was smiling, active and a bit of a fuss recently, had never been like that before, but only Siden remembered it.

"At some point, you stopped talking and became a grown-up, but your Dad still prefers you to be silly."

If you can lean on me, then lean on me.

There was no way that she could have known the lines that Siden swallowed. Without realizing it, the gentle touch of him stroking her head as if it was only natural, made her feel something she couldn't understand. She hung the tears in her eyes and held it in her Dad's arms.

"Dad!"

Siden gently held her in his arms. The kindness in his hand melted her heart. Anyways, this poor guy. She wonders why she only chooses now to do such lovely things, because she really likes her Dad so much that it brings tears to her eyes.

"Hehe."

"You like it?"

She nodded. And even her Dad laughed at the sound of her small laughter. She smiled softly and hugged him tighter.

"Dad's arms are warm."

It was really warm. It was warmer than just the warmth that envelops her.

Oh, what should I do...

She really likes Siden. Her dad is so good. She kept smiling foolishly, feeling like her body was melting in his warm and friendly arms.

"Ari, you can't sleep. You should go to bed after dinner."

"Just one minute..."

Dad, I'm really glad you're my father, really...

Falling asleep in that warm embrace, she kept repeating that thought.

She prayed that tomorrow would not come, but her heart didn't even know and the sun mercilessly lit up the world on Sunday morning. Ah, before she went to sleep yesterday, she prayed for all the gods she knew, such as God, Buddha, Allah, Jesus, Grandpa Dangun(1), Zeus, Aphrodite, Odin, and even Shiva in India, but there was no miracle of stopping time. Pathetic.

"I'm going to cry out in the morning. I pray for the power of Shiva, Shiva!"

God Shiva in India may not be able to take care of her even here, but since He was a God, He should hear her voice.

She got up from the bed, combed her tangled hair with a comb, washed her face in the bathroom connected to her bedroom, and went down to the second floor.

"Good morning!"

The smell of breakfast served on the second floor's terrace makes her hungry.

It is rice! Rice!

Rice is the best. Is this proof that someone is Korean? Although it doesn't have a side dish like soybean paste soup with white rice that she used to eat every day, she liked everything about food. Ah, it feels like the light is coming.

Is this the ecstatic feeling that you can feel when you come out of prison after years of rotting?

"Good morning, my daughter."

"Good morning, Lady."

She sat down, roughly greeted by her Dad and Jade. Her Dad has been holding the newspaper since morning. Today 's Panian Times! Of course it's her own nickname for it, and the newspaper read 'Panian Daily' as it was. She had never seen the newspaper before, so she's looking at it out of curiosity, but the only article she can see was a Marquis' wife's scandal. Also with very sensual photos.

But, Dad. Can you show this to your daughter? I'm still a fifteen-year-old minor. No, of course I don't mind if you show me.

Her Dad, who was reading the newspaper, looked puzzled as he felt that her expression was strangely rotting. Then he looked at the back of the newspaper, and he hurriedly crumpled it.

"Eherm! Eherm!"

Her Dad coughed awkwardly. She thought it was funny, but she just pretended not to know.

Ah, no matter how I think about it, I think I am a very good daughter.

"Shall we go to the Imperial Palace together later?"

"Why? Dad, it's your day off."

Holding a spoon, she asked back. All civil servants' day off was on Sundays. Of course, there was no concept of a Saturday holiday here, so they worked even on Saturdays. But they instead took a full break on Sundays and national holidays. Of course, things are messy.

Sounds wonderful.

Obviously, she asked the question while thinking of a setting she had made with her hand, but somehow, her Dad's response is unusual. His dilly-dallying form was like a puppy who had to go to the toilet. Now that she thinks about it, she realized why her Dad was being like this again.

"Oh, is it because of the Emperor?"

Her Dad's eyes widened in surprise. He looked like he was about to cry.

You can worry about me in moderation.

"It's alright. I'll act with moderation."

"However, His Majesty..."

"It's okay. Dad's daughter is no longer the daughter she used to be, I've evolved!"

She was no longer who she used to be. Her Dad gives her a sneaky glance as if his heart was still not relieved by her bluff. She brazenly dipped the bread into the cheese and smiled broadly. Her Dad's in a state of panic. Eventually, he sighed loudly.

"Eat a lot, Ari. If you go to the Palace, you won't be able to eat much."

"That's true. Jade!"

She looked at Jade as if saying to bring her more. Jade looked at her with a look of discontent.

"...Lady, you shouldn't eat too much!"

"Didn't you hear my Dad?"

In the end, Jade blinked her eyes in disappointment and sighed.

Oh yeah, I won!

"Yes, eat a lot."

Hearing Jade's declaration of surrender, she gave her a triumphant smile. Because this is the first time she had defeated Jade!

Oh yeah! It felt like a huge victory in my life.

————————————————————

When she came here before, she couldn't even look at it properly because she was so scared, but when she looked at it now, the Imperial Palace was truly magnificent. In her imagination, she roughly wrote, 'It was magnificent and cool.'

However, seeing it with her own eyes gave her a different feeling. It was a design that she had come up with, but she walked slowly through the Imperial Palace, even feeling curious about how it was actually built. Then, when she arrived at the Emperor's Palace, she felt like she was going to die.

I'd rather kill myself, that son of a b*tch.

This is an oasis of the week, golden Sundays, and what is this other than an arrogant plan that calls her on and threatens to torture her?

This was something she couldn't stand no matter how generous it was. Ha! But she hates being his fiancé!

"What do you want me to do, you son of a b*tch?!"

After screaming once, she exhaled a deep breath. Whoo. And looking at the magnificent building in front of her, she calmed her heart.

I'm an angel, I'm an angel, I'm an angel. I am an angel who can humbly accept anything that dog barks at me. Lord, allow me to be a righteous swindler!

"Alright, I'm ready!"

But her mental preparation was shattered in one step. Last time, it was like this after walking all the way down the hallway, but now it was already like this even before entering the building.

When can I give up?... Maybe next life.

"What are you doing there, Lady Arietta?"

Uh, it's the black screen.

When she turned her head to the low voice, she was able to meet an Oppa of great beauty who approached her with a welcoming expression. She admired Yuan's radiant beauty today.

Ha, you really shine with your beauty. You even have a halo with a background of flowers.

It was a sudden thought, but where did Yuan buy such an item? From a secret shop? Is the source the ultimate sub-space that only players in the game can go to?

Black screen, did you pay in cash?

"Hello, Yu... No, Sir Zibeludin."

When she was still writing, she always called him as black screen or Yuan, so she wasn't used to his last name Zibeludin. After contemplating for a moment if Zibeludin was right, she nodded again. Well, she guessed that's right. Yuan looked at her like that and smiled again. After that, of course, the flowers bloomed again.

Wow, that's a great effect.

"His Majesty is still in a meeting."

Ha. Look at him smiling. She made him like that, but he's really good.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°

T/N: Vocab time~~

1. 단군 할아버지 (Dangun Harabeoji) - is the founder of Korea's first kingdom Gojoseon (2333-108 B.C.E.) and is also worshipped as a deity in Korean folk religion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.5K 42
Jean's dream was to be able to graduate from a well known university and pursue his future career as a Professor.But what will happen when he suddenl...
377K 19.5K 116
"You are too overpowered. Your existence poses a great threat to my son and daughter of fate. I had no other choice but to kill you." This was the v...
102K 5.9K 22
I died a tragic death, but it made me happy. The next moment I opened my eyes, I was alive once again but in a different body and a different world...
54.8K 2.1K 13
Why does this always happen to him?? Kang Yoojin had dived in front of a car to save a child, and had died as a result. Then he woke up to find himse...