Gliding Through The Wind [Amb...

By SDeoNite

Who says cute girls don't just fall from the sky? As you start your new life as part of the Knights of the F... More

First Meeting
An Outrider
Believe They'll Return
Gliding Together
Outrider's Champion Steak
Sick Day
Outrider Training
Delusion [Part 1]
Delusion [Part 2]
Worries
Feeling Distant
Drinking With The Boys
Festival Preparations
The Windblume Date
First Day Together
You Need Strong Arms To Pull A Bow
It's a Blue Fishy
Oceanid Hunter
The Outrider Experience
Birthday Girl
šŸ‹ Late Night Fun šŸ‹
Family Visit
Sleeping Over At The Parent's
Storm Warning
Up The Mountain
Vengeance Is Sweet
Apartment Broke
Moving In
šŸ‹ We Have The Entire Night šŸ‹
During Jean's Surprise
During Jean's Surprise (2)
The Outrider's New Outfit
A Familiar Lonliness
A Passion That Makes You Restless
An Old Friend Shows up
This Is All A Scheme
The Truth Hurts
Push Me Off The Edge
Taking The Fall
Troy Fucking Dies
As My Soul Departs
Like The Wind That's By Your Side {END}
Gallery (1)
Gallery (2)

What a Bunch of Newlyweds

2.7K 63 42
By SDeoNite

As the sun rays hit the window into Amber's eyes. She squinted her eyes and groaned. Changing her position to face away from the window, she turned to the other side to face you. She took a few moments to stare at you peacefully snoring before she had to wake you up.

"Hey, (Y/N)... Its time... To get up..." She spoke in a soft voice.

Your eyes opened slightly to your girlfriend patting your arm. Her gold eyes being the first thing you see, you don't move your gaze at all.

"Come on." Amber nodded her head.

You still didn't say anything. Instead, you leaned over and took her lips for a second before wrapping your arms around her.

"... Five more minutes." You softly muttered before drifting back to sleep.

" Come on..." Amber tried to shake you away. "We're... Going To... Be... Late..."

She didn't really put a lot in her attempts to protest. Her voice slowly going softer, her pushes barely could move anything her head slowly going next to yours before her eyes eventually gave in.

•••••

"Good morning, Jean!" Lisa waved as she passed by the Acting Grandmaster on her way to the library.

"Good morning. Work hard today too..." Jean replied. She seemed to be standing in wait in the entrance.

"Are you waiting for someone?" Lisa asked curiously.

"Yes, I had finished briefing the knights but it seems like our Outriders are unusually tardy today..."

"Ara? The two of them? Hmm I wonder what they're up to." Lisa placed a hand on her cheek with a grin.

"... I'm sure it's nothing like what you're imagining." Jean shot a glance at the Librarian, a small shade of pink appearing on her cheeks.

It wasn't long till they saw the two of you finally arrived. Panicked and in a hurry as you ran up the stairs to get to the KoF headquarters. Jean stood arms crossed when you entered, making the two outriders freeze and stand straight.

"S-sorry... We overslept." Amber nervously said.

There was silence for a few seconds before Jean sighed in disappointment while Lisa just giggled.

"Well, since this isn't a first: I'll let the both of you off the hook. Just don't make a habit out of it." Jean explained. Though she had to restrain a small arc forming on the edge of her lips. "You may go."

You and Amber salute sheepishly before turning around to do your duties.

Amber looked at you and pouted. In a whispering shout "Geez, it's because you wouldn't wake up when I told you too!"

"Sorry sorry." You chuckled. "It's just pretty hard to get up when I wake up next to you."

Amber's face flushes. "If you keep that up we'll be scolded for real. Think about the time!"

"Yeah... I'll try not to hug you in bed so much." You sighed.

"... Well I didn't mean it like that..." Amber turned away from you. Knowing that after saying that you would just smirk at her.

"Ah if you say so..." You ended up getting a bit flustered too. Turning away at the other direction instead.

"My my. They're already flirting around first thing in the morning." Lisa covered her mouth from a giggle. The two of them hadn't really left where they were standing. "There's been a really pure aura floating around since Windblume, huh?"

"Well I don't have anything to say about it. As long as it's not affecting productivity, its fine..." Jean said. Already used to the Librarian's little tangents. "I'm sure you're satisfied that your... 'ship' has come to fruition."

"Hmm... Don't worry Jean. I'm still trying to get 'Jealuc' to happen so I'll still be busy."

The Acting Grandmaster's face instantly turned red as she turned back to Lisa. "Jea-!? Lisa please! Wh-what are you saying? P... Please just use your time doing actual work instead of... That! I hope you aren't bothering Sir Diluc with-"

"Oh don't worry I'm doing my duties properly while setting out flags!" Lisa rubbed Jean's shoulders. Whispering "Besides... As long as long as its related to you, I'm sure it doesn't bother him at at all..."

The usual serious facade of the Acting Grandmaster was no where to be seen as she stormed back into her office.

•••••

After a long days work, everyone who could end their shifts now began to return back to the headquarters while those with the night shift began to come in.

You yawned and stretched as you walked back with your knight friends. Meeting them on your back, it ended up being a more lively return.

"You know (Y/N), ever since you've became an Outrider we don't hang out a lot anymore." Hans mentioned.

"Of course he doesn't, his schedule is just already packed with Outrider duties... And Amber." Frank who started it like he was defending you, ended the sentence with a snarky glance.

"Ah indeed. He has very much gone pass a level we could never catch up to." Hans playfully nodded and sighed.

You groaned. "Come on guys. Just say the word, I'll hang. Besides, it's not like Amber's the first thing I think about the moment I get off work..."

You nervously laughed. It kinda made sense so the two were about to agree to it... That is until you saw Amber waiting for you at the headquarters. She waved at you before you hurriedly went to her.

"Ah well, I gotta go guys! See you tomorrow!" You waved goodbye at them. They didn't do anything else other than just stared blankly at you.

"... Well at least we'll always be comrades. Right, Hans?" Frank put a hand on his buddy's shoulder.

" Haha of course."

" Hey Hans, your shift over or what?" The two of them heard someone call. They looked back to see a girl impatiently waiting for him.

" Oh, Lina. Were you waiting? I could have just went over by myself." Hans walked over to her with a smile.

"..." Frank stared dumbfounded at him. With a stiff and nervous face he asked. "My my, Hans, Who is this? Your... Girlfriend mayhaps?"

Hans went red. "What? No no! Lina's just a friend! We knew each other since we were kids so our families are close! That's all!"

"Y-yeah!... We're... Nothing like that at all." Lina also added. But her face softened with a frown as she looked away somehow looking disappointed.

"... Archons damn it! You said you were my comrade!" Frank began to whine. "All this time you had a childhood friend! You didn't betray me... You were never in my side at all! What kind of gacha did you pull for that?!!"

"Come on Frank, calm down. We've been together since childhood. I don't think we'll ever develop a roman-"

"NO! Don't say another word. I don't wanna be blamed for a clichè romcom conflict!" Frank cried as he ran away.

•••••

"Welcome! How can I help you?" Blanche greeted as you and Amber entered the general goods store.

"Hey Amber, is there any food you dislike?" You asked.

"Hm? Well as long as it isn't bitter, I don't particularly mind anything."

"Hm well that doesn't really help on what I should make for dinner." You grinned.

"Why didn't you just ask for what I like?" Amber looked at you deadpan.

"Because you would just say 'Sticky Honey Roast' or something. We can't keep eating the same thing over and over."

"Hey! I try new things too you know!" She pouted.

"If you're looking for something new to make, how about some curry?" Blanche stepped in and suggested. Grabbing a small jar of some sort of powder from a box. "We got some stock of ingredients from Sumeru today. They're limited time only so if you're interested."

"Eh curry huh. Well I guess I can follow a recipe..." You took the jar and examined it. "So are you okay with carrots and potatoes, Amber?"

"How rude! Of course I am. I'm not a child! -ah I heard about sweet curry so can you make it like that?"

You snickered. "Your taste are still pretty childish though."

"That's not true! Some people just prefer sweet things!" She whined. "Ahh geez let's just buy it already!"

"Alright alright." You smiled.

"I wish these two would just hurry up. This bittersweet couple conversation is making me hurt." Blanche internally complained as she kept on her business smile.

•••••

Amber sat and leaned into the table. Her eyes fixated on your back as you faced the stove. An odd yet alluring smell of mixed spices fill the room that was enough for the Outrider to salivate in anticipation.

"(Y/NNN), Are you sure that you don't need my help?" She asked, kicking her legs around.

"Don't worry, it's fine!" You turned back to her with a smile. "It'll be ready in a second."

You took a pair of plates and utensils, opening a pot that was set aside to make the rice. Amber only really had the bare minimum of kitchen supplies, that meant only a single pot for cooking. thankfully you had a one which was salvaged from your old place.

You took a serving enough for each of you. Rice and toppled all over with the curry. You brought it over to the table, Amber eagerly taking a spoon and fork and indulging on top of the smoke from the newly cooked meal.

Amber takes a spoonful and huffs on it. She took a bite and her face instantly gleamed. A small humm as she savored the taste. Her cheeks puffed up as she chewed, its almost like there were sparkles around her blissful face.

As she was about to take another spoon she stopped to look at you. She looked quizzical.

"Hey, aren't you gonna eat too?" She asked.

You were brought back to your senses. Noticing how you were just staring at her for awhile now. You awkwardly cleared your throat as you took a spoon of your own.

"S-sorry. I was just thinking how much I like you." You casually explained as you began to eat.

Amber's face flushed red. "Eh? W-where did that come from!?"

You realized what you just said. Ditching the plan of chewing, you swallowed what you had in your mouth to speak. Choking a bit as you tried to spoke.

"I meant how much you like the food!" You grabbed a glass of water and downed it. "... You know I've been cooking for a long time now. But seeing someone enjoying your meals is really... Nice to see."

You shyly looked down on your food until Amber's soft laugh escapes her.

"Well I like you too... Your food, I mean." With a smirk in her face.

The two of you share a smile before continuing on the food silently. That is until Amber thought of something and spoke up.

"Ah-but I should cook every now and then too! I feel bad if you were the one preparing meals all the time!"

"Hmm... I guess I do want to eat your attempts from time to time too." You said, muttering the attempts part. "But you don't have to feel bad... If anything, I'm willing to cook for you everyday forever."

Amber leans onto you and giggles. "My my that sounds like a proposal."

"Geez, I didn't mean it like that!" You whined. "If it was I would have done it properly than doing something vague like that."

"Ehh... So you have a plan?"

"When the time's right..."

"Hehe... I'll be waiting."

"Seriously? You two are practically acting like newlyweds at this point! I chose the wrong window to perch on!"

Sinde there was no one else around. We gave the last punchline to the random bird on the window who happened to see everything.

•••••

Fun fact: This was the last chapter....

... Well Until I had even more ideas and thought: Yeah sure a few more chapters won't hurt. And it's probably better to give this story a proper ending.

So this will still be around for a few more updates! Hope everyone sticks around.

*Boop*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

875K 12.8K 45
{Genshin Impact Girls X Male! Reader} [10K VOTES!!] Just some scenarios from Genshin Impact the only gacha game I like. ToT undergoes constant change...
16.2K 381 18
Warning; Very confusing, super cringe. A remake coming soon! Update: "Everything For You", the remake is complete! Do not read this one please it's o...
3.9M 116K 97
š—šš—˜š—”š—¦š—›š—œš—” š—œš— š—£š—”š—–š—§ š—¢š—”š—˜š—¦š—›š—¢š—§š—¦ ā•°ā”€ āž¤ a collection of x fem! reader oneshots Ā©š˜ššš§š²š®š£š¢š¢ ā–ø Genshin Impact is owned by Mihoyo ā–ø Pl...