(English ver) You Are (Not) M...

By xzmayfzx

Happiness... who can predict about happiness? About how long we can be happy? Farewell... who has ever feel s... More

Prologue & Cast Trailers
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 1
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 2
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 3
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 4
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 5
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 6
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 7
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 8
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 9
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 10
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 11
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 12
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 13
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 14
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 15
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 16
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 17
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 18
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 19
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 20
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 21
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 22
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 23
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 24
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 25
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 26
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 27
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 28
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 29
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 30
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 31
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 32
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 33
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 34
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 35
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 36
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 37
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 38
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 39
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 40
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 41
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 42
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 43
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 44
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 45
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 46
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 47
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 48
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 49
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 50
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 51
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 53
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 54
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 55
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 56
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 57
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 58
You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 59
You Are (Not) My Destiny [60]

You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 52

13 1 0
By xzmayfzx

Set up your music player, find the song and listen to it while you read the story part of this novel. Set up your music player, find the song and listen while you read the part of the story of this novel.

1. Kim Jaehwan – Some Days

2. N. FLYING – Spring Memories

3. THE BOYZ – Spring Snow

4. Doyoung & Sejeong – Star Blossom

5. UP10TION – Still with You

6. Ha Sungwoon – Think of You

7. Bolbbalgan4 – To My Youth

8. EXO - Wait

9. ASTRO – We Still

10. Jeong Sewoon – When You Call My Name

MIN DONGSUN'S POV

"What is this?"

Donghyun voiced what was in my head too. Donghyun and I just arrived at Choeun noona's apartment. My activities finished at 8 pm and Choeun noona said she was cooking something and wanted us to stop by her apartment for a "very late" meal, Eunyul noona was also there. But as soon as we opened the door to her apartment, apart from being greeted by the faces of the two women we loved, there were two winged animals perched in one big white cage. The cage is very conspicuous because it is placed opposite the front door.

"Aren't they beautiful?"

I don't know what the definition of "beautiful" is that Choeun noona mentioned. Eunyul noona sat on the sofa and looked at the contents of the cage with a gaze full of love. Donghyun had come to his senses from his shock, I guess because he was a vet, he quickly controlled himself and investigated the contents of the cage. There were two owls in the cage, they were still quite small (just a little bigger than 10 cm I think), both white with black spots on the top of their heads, and from mid-chest down. Their eyes looked alert and looked probingly at the humans who were busy observing them as well. Yes, their white fur is indeed... beautiful, to borrow Choeun noona's term.

"This is Milo, the male, I will take care of him, and the female Rubi, will be raised by Eunyul eonni."

"How do you tell the difference?" I asked confused.

"Milo's eyes are very narrow, look, when he smiles, his eyes disappear. He reminds me of Donghyun."

I don't understand how an owl can smile.

"Wait, take a look at this. Milo ya, Milo ya!"

As if hearing Choeun noona's call, the owl that seemed to be a little bigger turned towards its master and... gosh, is he really smiling? The owl opened its beak and its eyes disappeared. Donghyun laughed.

"Okay, I admit his eyes look like mine when he's like that," laughed Donghyun, "but now noona is comparing me to a snow owl? Noona used to compare me to a dog, and now an owl? When will noona consider me as a normal human?"

"If Donghyun hugs me, I will consider you a normal human," Choeun noona replied shyly.

Donghyun then came forward to give her a backhug accompanied by laughter. Me and Eunyul noona can only look at each other resignedly. Eunyul noona got up and took my hand towards the dining room. On the dining table was a large bowl of still warm tteokbokki (there was a piece of chili floating around that made me shudder) and there were a few skewers of odeng in the bowl as well. Eunyul noona sat down and I sat next to her.

"What's wrong, why is Choeun noona suddenly cooking this much?" I asked confused, "anyone's birthday?"

"No, she just wanted to meet you guys, and celebrate Milo and Rubi's arrival."

"I didn't expect you to like owls... noona didn't even tell me you were going to adopt them."

Eunyul noona laughed after swallowing the bitten odeng.

"We've been obsessed with owls for a long time, but it was only recently when we went to the pet store that we were able to get the babies. They are unique right? We want to nurture something different than anyone else."

"Yeah, I thought you were going to have dogs. Choeun noona really likes dogs right?" I asked as I filled the bowl with tteokbokki.

"Oh yeah, I really like dogs and will raise dogs," replied Choeun noona who suddenly joined us at the dinner table with Donghyun, "but my apartment is often empty, so I thought I'd have a dog at Million Stars."

"Yeah, let's go to the dog shelter tomorrow and we'll take it from there," said Donghyun.

"You must be happy, Donghyun, you already have a special patient."

"Yes, I can practice faster."

"Don't make them experimental animals, okay?" Choeun noona warned.

"Don't worry, I won't dare. I knew noona would kill me if I did that."

"Oh yeah by the way, I almost forgot. I met Chungdae at the agency," I said after taking a stick of odeng, "he said his schedule would be empty next month, so he asked if we could choose a free day to get together."

"The last time we got together in full, it was New Year's last year, right," said Eunyul noona, "I really miss all of us too."

"I can make time any time. It just depends on you artists," Choeun noona said calmly, "and my content creator."

Choeun noona said her last sentence while pinching Donghyun's nose. Donghyun just smirked while still chewing on the tteokbokki. Donghyun is getting more and more famous now, he has even started getting paid to do several endorsements, mostly fashion brands, food and once there are also skincare products (yes, Donghyun's skin looks healthy). But I'm relieved that behind his busy schedule, Donghyun can make time for Choeun noona. I hope that they can continue to have a good relationship, even though their relationship is only as long as the age of corn until now.

"The other cage is for Rubi right?" asked Eunyul noona.

My girlfriend is also funny, she is not the same as women in general. I think that's also one of the reasons why I like Hwan Eunyul so much.

***

HWAN EUNYUL'S POV

"Tomorrow?"

"Yes, this is sudden, but what can I do... the village's head will only be able to meet us tomorrow."

Just two days ago our first part of the Outing Event was over, Hyunbin oppa and I were busy moving on to the second part. Indeed, we surveyed the second village last week, but several times we wanted to meet the village's head, but we didn't get the chance. But indeed we have to hurry to meet the village's head, so that the second part is quickly completed and we may be able to finish the third part at least next month. My principle and Hyunbin oppa's are the same, which is better to finish quickly.

"Oh yes, okay oppa. So what time will we be there tomorrow?"

"Let's leave at 8 am, maybe we can go home before night," replied Hyunbin oppa on the phone line, "I'll pick you up."

"Yeah okay, oppa. See you tomorrow."

Actually what disappointed me was not that I had to suddenly work on Saturday, but because tomorrow Dongsun and I were supposed to go on a date. We've been planning our date since last week. He's been very busy lately, because earlier this month he just received an advertising contract from a well-known cosmetic brand, and last week he started preparing for his commercial shoot and photoshoot. Actually, he was lucky enough to be able to attend the Outing Event yesterday, and as soon as he got home he was immediately busy again, but tomorrow, as he saw in his schedule, he would be given another rest. So we were already planning a date: we will going to the movies, eating, shopping, basically spending time together outside. But now I have to cancel that plan. He must be very disappointed... I tried to reach him by phone, but he didn't pick up the phone. Most likely he is still busy with his artist affairs. Finally, as he often suggested to me, I'd better leave him a message. So I messaged him.

Dongsun-ah... are you busy?

Sorry, looks like I have to cancel our date tomorrow...

Or, we can meet in the evening, but I still don't know what time I can get home...

Suddenly I have to meet the village's head for the second part of the Outing Event...

Please reply me as soon as you read this message

Actually, it didn't feel good to wait for a reply to a message, especially since I'm sure Dongsun would be just as disappointed as I was. And I waited so long for the message to finally get a reply, even I was already in bed at that time.

Yes noona, I just took some photos

Oh I see. Alright... it's okay noona

Let's just plan next time when I'm off again

We still texted a few times after that, but he didn't reply to my last message, I think he fell asleep because he was too tired. I ended up sleeping too, feeling disappointed.

I woke up early the next day, and I tried to call Dongsun to say goodbye to him before I left the apartment, but he didn't answer my call. Yes, maybe Dongsun is still sleeping, after all it's Saturday and it's still quite early. He must be tired, he needs a lot of rest. I went with Hyunbin oppa with a bad feeling, but I tried to concentrate fully on planning activities well.

"Oh, the village's head is so friendly, I don't feel comfortable refusing his dinner."

"Yes oppa... I also know oppa will not refuse."

"Let's go home now, it's getting late."

I got into Hyunbin oppa's car, and after starting the car engine, I realized that it was already more than 6 pm. I took out my cell phone, and I just realized I haven't touched it since I last called Dongsun, then put it in my bag. As soon as I touched my phone, I saw that there were several messages that came from Dongsun. I quickly opened it and read it.

Noona, sorry I just woke up

I feel a bit dizzy today

I'll just rest at home

Today's apartment is empty, Donghyun is out to create content, I didn't see him when I woke up

Eomma and appa are also out for church business

I gasped as soon as I read the message, and I checked the watch it sent me a message: 10am, then the last two messages it sent at 1pm. I quickly called him, but he didn't answer me again.

"Why Eunyul? You look panicked."

"Ah sorry oppa, can you take me to Dongsun's apartment?"

"Sure, no problem. But our journey was a bit hampered..."

The roads do look a bit congested, so Hyunbin oppa can't drive fast.

"Dongsun is sick and he's alone at home, so I'm worried about him," I said, trying to call Dongsun again.

"I think his new job is making him tired. During our outing yesterday, I saw that he was a bit skinny. He also rarely comes to class. But what amazes me about him, he definitely finishes his tasks right away," said Hyunbin oppa whose eyes were concentrating on the road in front of him while chatting, "he really is a hard worker, isn't he."

"He's a perfectionist, oppa."

"I already guessed. I'll try to find an alternative way so we can go faster, okay?"

"Thank you, oppa."

It took us an hour and a half to reach Dongsun's apartment. I said goodbye in a hurry to Hyunbin oppa and ran towards the elevator and after getting out of the elevator. I rang the bell and waited... but there was no reaction. I then pressed the bell again... but still no sound. Is Dongsun sleeping? Or is it... Ah, stop thinking about negative things, Eunyul! I punched in the code and just walked into their apartment, and the apartment was dark. Meaning that most likely, Dongsun was still alone. I tried to check the kitchen, but the kitchen seemed deserted. I knocked softly on his door, but there was no sound. I finally decided to just go into his room, and I was a little relieved, seeing Dongsun sleeping on his bed. I sat on the bed and rocked him slowly.

"Dongsun-ah..."

But Dongsun didn't move. He's asleep with his back to me, so I'm not sure if he's awake or not. I put my palm on his forehead, but he doesn't seem to have a fever.

"Dongsun-ah...let's get up. Let's talk. Are you mad at me?"

At a glance, I saw him move, even though he was moving very slowly, only his arms were moving. Okay, I think he's actually awake. So, chances are, he's mad at me. That means I have to persuade him.

"Oppa, mianhae..."

I was forced to do aegyo, even though I'm really not the type to do aegyo, especially to the point of needing to call him oppa. But my strategy worked, because he finally turned around, though he was still frowning.

"Noona is so mean, noona is so busy that she doesn't read my message."

"Yeah I'm sorry, I was too focused on my work... well you know what I'm like."

"Then noona also came home very late. Don't you love me anymore?"

"What's wrong Dongsun?" I asked laughing, "sorry, okay. The road was a bit congested earlier and well, it's my fault that I didn't have my phone on at all... so I didn't know you were sick. As soon as I got in the car, I immediately read your message. Look, I'm right here right."

"So noona still loves me or not?"

"What do you think? Would I have come here if I didn't love you anymore?"

"Yeah... that's right."

Dongsun made me want to laugh even more, because his current behavior wasn't like his usual self, he looked like a kid now. Sometimes I understand what Choeun means by "dating with a kid" (she experienced it with Chungdae and Donghyun also not much difference). I didn't expect Dongsun to be like this too.

"So what sickness did you have Dongsun?" I put my palm on his forehead once again, "You don't have a fever."

Dongsun then sat up, he was still frowning, "Yeah, actually I'm just a little dizzy, it's not painful to worry about. But... I feel annoyed with noona. Since noona has been busy working with Park Gyosunim, noona has often been indifferent to me. My messages take a long time to be replied to, my phone sometimes doesn't picked up too."

"Well, it's like you don't even know me. It's not only when I work with Hyunbin oppa that I'm like this. Yes, I admit that I am much more focused on this work because I want to prove myself, that as a teacher assistant I also can successfully run this event... yes, basically, I'm sorry if you feel I'm a bit indifferent to you. I'm just too busy."

네게 딱 어울리는 나야

I'm just right for you
바람같이 주위를 항상

Like the wind, I'm always looking up for you
계속 함께하고 싶단 말이야

It means I wanna be with you always
반쪽을 채워 주고 싶단 말이야

It means I wanna fill your other half

우린 둘같이 서로를 나눴고

We shared each other
이해라는 단어에 안겨

Embraced each other with understanding
굳어가는 맘을 녹이는 중이야

Our hardened hearts are melting
매번 그럴 것처럼

Every time

우린 낙엽처럼 물들어가는 꿈

We're a dream that is colored with leaves
하얀 풍차처럼 돌아가려는 중

Going around like a white windmill

둥둥 떠 있는 반쪽짜리 달이

The half moon that's floating
눈부신 봄에 활짝 피지

Blossoms in the dazzling spring
넌지시 넌 내가 되고 싶다며

As you say you wanna be me

꾹꾹 채워 넣자 서로를 비운 자리

Let's fill each other's empty spots
내가 널 위로해줄 테니 그때 우리처럼

I'll comfort you just like we did back then

봄 부신 날에

On that spring dazzling day

()

"Noona doesn't know noona makes me jealous!"

"So you're blindly jealous?" I rolled my eyes, "So you just pretended to be sick and lied to me huh? You're so mean..."

I felt like I wanted revenge on Dongsun, so I left him and headed for the kitchen. I smiled when I heard Dongsun's footsteps behind me.

"Noona... noona I'm sorry. Is noona angry now? Noona, what are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm going to do when I'm in the kitchen. Of course I want to cook. You definitely haven't eaten, have you? I'm hungry again too. Actually I ate in the village earlier... but persuading you drained my strength, so I'm hungry again."

Finally we both put on aprons and I was busy checking the fridge, there are any ingredients that can be cooked. Turns out there were several frozen tteokbokki packets in there. I decided I would cook the tteokbokki, so I grabbed some vegetables and got busy cutting them. Then suddenly, Dongsun hugged me from behind and I almost cut my finger.

"Dongsun! What the hell are you doing? I almost cut my finger here!"

Just as suddenly as he hugged me, he then turned me around and he put his hands on the kitchen table and locked me.

"Well, what do you want? I'm already hungry, so let me cook, okay?"

Dongsun looked silent and serious as he looked me straight in the eye. I feel so nervous right now.

"Do you want to fight with me again? I already apologized that I was busy these days..."

"Mianhae noona," he said slowly in a calm and deep voice, "I'm sorry I was blindly jealous. I'm also sorry that I lied to noona. I just want noona to pay more attention to me... I miss noona."

Turns out he wasn't asking me to fight. He even brought his face closer to mine... and he kissed my lips softly. Don't you know that I miss you too, Dongsun? Is it just because I never said it, you don't even know I miss you? I just didn't want to bother you and your new job, so I never said that. But I think this is a good opportunity for me to reveal it to you. His kisses were deep and demanding, and I could feel him saying "I miss you" with each kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and I kissed him back intensely. I miss you, Dongsun... I miss you too. I don't know how long we kissed until I finally stopped him. He's still looking me in the eye and I'm still so nervous that I feel my cheeks heat up.

"How about we just order?"

We ended up actually ordering food, and we ate quite a lot by then. It was almost 9 when we finished eating.

"Oh yeah, noona haven't seen the cosmetic products I advertised, have you?"

"Not yet. I don't even know what product you're going to advertise yet."

"I have the stuff in the room. Come on, I'll show noona."

Finally we went into his room again, and Dongsun sat on his bed and checked his cell phone. I looked around the room.

"Where's the cosmetics?" I asked confused.

"It's on my desk. Still in the box."

I thought the cosmetic box was big, but it turned out to be a pretty cute box, and I saw a row of lip tint of various colors there.

"Wow, this lip tint huh? I hear this is quite the wait. I heard it from Choeun, she said she wanted to buy one too."

"Oh, I can give it to Choeun noona later. I just took a picture with this lip tint."

Dongsun finally got up and approached me, then he took one of the lip tint from the box.

"This lip tint tastes like strawberry. Here, I'll show you how my poses were for the photo shoot earlier."

It feels so good to be able to see my boyfriend as if doing a photoshoot in front of me. I remember Dongsun being very shy, but I heard from Joonki and Chungdae, his shyness has lessened since he took a photo shoot for the Student's Autumn Festival event. I guess Haneul-ssi had a hand in this too, maybe I should thank her? I can now feel his model aura hypnotizing me, even his gaze makes me feel melt.

"Wow, my boyfriend is so cool," I said, clapping my hands excitedly.

I was so enchanted by Dongsun's appearance, I even forgot that I was just standing there.

"It is said this lip tint can soften lips, noona."

"Oh really? May I give it a try?"

Dongsun walked up to me, "I'll just put it on."

"Huh? Oh no, just let me, I can do it."

Somehow, I'm a little nervous with Dongsun today. His mood changes very quickly and he often looks at me intently and deeply. And seeing him walk towards me, made me back away slowly, and finally my back hit the door. I can't go back anymore. Dongsun is already very close to me. Aaaaaaaaaaa... I feel like screaming.

처음 같진 않지만 언제나 눈부셨던 너

It won't be like the first time but you're always dazzling
거짓말 같지 같은 날에 우리

It's like magic, on the same day
영원히 봄이 부시게

So spring can eternally dazzle

처음 같진 않지만 언제나 눈부셨던 봄

It won't be like the first time but spring is always dazzling
거짓말 같지 같은 날에 우리

It's like magic, on the same day
영원히 봄에

Forever in spring

둥둥 떠 있는 반쪽짜리 달이

The half moon that's floating
눈부신 봄에 활짝 피지

Blossoms in the dazzling spring
넌지시 넌 내가 되고 싶다며

As you say you wanna be me

꾹꾹 채워 넣자 서로를 비운 자리

Let's fill each other's empty spots
내가 널 위로해줄 테니 그때 우리처럼

I'll comfort you just like we did back then

봄 부신 날에

On that spring dazzling day

(N. FLYING – Spring Memories)

"Here noona, just use it."

I breathed a sigh of relief when I took the lip tint from his hand.

"Ah, the lip tint smells good."

I opened the lid of the lip tint and sniffed it, but before I could put it on my lips, all of a sudden, Dongsun kissed my lips softly. Again I was bewitched... I couldn't resist his kiss. But not long after, he stopped the kiss.

"I told you... let me just put it on."

"Uh... yes... hmm... the lip tint is good."

I was shocked when my cell phone which I kept in my pants pocket rang. I picked it up (and because I was too nervous I almost dropped it) and apparently there was a message from Hyunbin oppa.

"What's wrong noona?"

"Oh, Hyunbin oppa asked me to check the documents... can I borrow your laptop?"

"Yes, please noona. My laptop is in the living room."

Finally I was busy editing documents with Dongsun's laptop, meanwhile Dongsun was lying on my lap reading a textbook. I thought it would only take me a minute to edit the document, but when I finally closed the laptop, it was past 10pm by then. I'm starting to feel achy, because I really haven't been lying down since I woke up at 6 this morning.

"Oh my gosh, it's already late. I think I should go home now," I said as I stretched my body.

Dongsun got up and sat next to me.

"Go home? Why should you go home? It's late, I won't let noona go home."

"Oh, why not? Then how about it? I'm tired."

"Noona just sleep here."

"Hah? But how... won't it be nice if Donghyun and your parents come home later."

"Why must it be bad? Noona is my fiancé."

"But I haven't even showered and I didn't bring a change of clothes..."

"I'll lend you my clothes."

"But..."

"No more buts. Noona doesn't want me to sulk again, right? Wait here, I'll get my clothes."

Oh no, what else is Dongsun planning now? I know my body aches not only because I'm busy today, but I keep feeling nervous and it's also very tiring.

***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.7K 1K 25
"I've been in love with someone that didn't love me back, and I've been loved by someone that I didn't love back. And I don't know which is worse: to...
1.3M 62.5K 39
My heart ached when I saw him with the princess. She was his fiancée. The pain was unbearable. I knew all too well that I would never be in her posit...
17.5K 439 55
No matter what happen between two hearts, if it's meant to be then it will find its way back to each other again. And even a change of desire wouldn'...
9.5K 1K 20
"𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘧𝘶𝘭. 𝘔𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥. 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯𝘵 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨...