Fragile Hearts❤️

By _Glittery_Hearts

We have seen stories where the love of a partner heals the other in a relationship, but what turn will destin... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Aesthetics
Chapter-01
Chapter-02
Chapter-03
Chapter-04
Chapter-05
Chapter-06
Chapter-07
Chapter-08
Chapter-09
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter-65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Chapter-68
Chapter-69
Chapter-70
Chapter-71
Chapter-72
Chapter-73
Chapter-74
Chapter-75
Epilogue
Feedbacks from the readers❤️
Coming Soon!
MaNan: Running Away
Bonus Chapter-01
Love's Resilience

Chapter-27

2.4K 181 64
By _Glittery_Hearts

Riya- Let's go down now. Guests bhi aa gaye honge.

[Riya- Let's go down now. The guests would have arrived too.]

Manik- Sure.

(They both go down where most of the guests have arrived, and Riya sighs in relief at not finding the Dixits. Manik then looks at Neyonika and smirks as she is extra sweet to all her friends.)

Manik (to Riya)- Just look at her face now and then after everyone's gone. Mujhe to kayi baar shak hota hai ki ye vahi insaan hai or is she possessed?

[Manik (to Riya)- Just look at her face now and then after everyone's gone. I sometimes doubt if she is the same person, or she gets possessed.]

Riya- Seriously Manik? At least jab tak vo log kuch nahi kar rahe tum bhi kuch mat karo naa.

[Riya- Seriously, Manik? Do nothing till the time they are doing nothing at least.]

Manik- Of course. Main to bas bol raha hoon yaar. Kuch kiya thodi hai maine. Tum aise hi darr jaati ho. Chill.

[Manik- Of course. I am just saying this. It's not like I have actually done something. You get scared for no reason. Chill.]

(They both then meet the guests and greet all of them. Just then, the Dixits enter the party, and Raj calls Manik and Riya to meet them. Manik holds Riya's hand, and she looks up at him, to which he blinks his eyes in assurance to her. They greet Anita and Ashwin, where Anita showers fake love on her and Ashwin is faking a big smile to her and Manik.)

Anita- Mrs. Malhotra, aaj Harshad ke saath Riya ka ek aur Bhai bhi aaya hai.

[Anita- Mrs Malhotra, we have Riya's second brother here with Harshad.]

Neyonika- Oh, Aryaman is back from The States? That's great. Where is he?

Ashwin- Oh. There he comes.

(Aryaman enters inside and greets Raj and Neyonika, but he doesn't look at Riya, to which she looks teary-eyed but quickly hides her tears. Manik looks confused at Aryaman, trying to study him when he comes forward to meet him.)

Aryaman- Hi. I am Aryaman Dixit.

Manik (in his aura)- Manik Malhotra.

(Aryaman comes forward to hug Manik, but Manik just holds out his hand for a handshake with him, which turns the situation awkward between them. Aryaman then lets out a dry chuckle and shakes hand with Manik.)

Raj- Please come in, everyone.

(They all start going inside when Aryaman looks at Riya with hatred in his eyes and whispers something in her ear.)

Aryaman- I can't believe you got married for money. How can you do this to your family?

(But Manik also overhears his words to Aryaman's lousy luck.)

Manik- And I can't believe that how can someone be so dumb? Jis ke saamne sab kuch ho raha ho aur usse dikhayi naa de raha ho. Itna bewakoof koyi kaise ho sakta hai? Haina Aryaman?

[Manik- And I can't believe that how can someone be so dumb? Everything is happening in front of your eyes, and you still can't see it. How can someone be such a fool? Right Aryaman?]

Aryaman- You cannot talk to me like that, Mr Manik Malhotra.

Manik- You cannot talk to my wife like that, Mr Aryaman Dixit.

(Manik looks at Riya, who looks teary-eyed at him and Aryaman, and takes her from there while Aryaman keeps watching.)

(Manik takes Riya to a side, and she just follows him.)

Manik- Listen, you don't have to worry, okay? I am here. Nothing will go wrong.

Riya (teary eyed)- I know Manik. I know. But I don't understand why he hates me so much. Why does my family hate me so much? I don't know what I have done to get so much hatred from their side.

Manik (sighing)- It's not at all your fault, okay? And you are not facing all this alone now. I am there for you, okay?

Riya- Hmm.

Manik- So now stop crying and wipe these tears. Come on. It's our first Diwali together.

Riya- Yes.

(She cleans her eyes, and he signs her to smile. She smiles a little, looking at him.)

Manik- Not this fake smile. The genuine smile. The big one. Umm... People get the one when they see their favourite ice cream in front of them.

Riya- Seriously Manik? Such lame jokes?

Manik- Ab tumhe hasane ke liye kuch to karna padega naa. Agar tum khud hi genuine smile de dogi to lame jokes se bhi bach jaogi.

[Manik- Now I have to make you laugh. If you wear a genuine smile, you will be saved from my lame jokes too.]

Riya (smiling)- Okay fine baba. I am smiling for real. Happy now?

Manik- That's great. Let's meet other people with a genuine smile.

Riya- Chalo.

(They both meet other people, and Manik introduces her as his wife to everyone.)

(Riya is arranging the diyas on the shelf when Manik sees her, and a smile comes on his face instantly as he sees her smiling brightly and her eyes shining in the light of the diya. He quickly clicks a picture of her on his phone and admires her.)Manik and Riya (together)- It's lovely.

(They both smile at each other, cherishing their gifts.)

Riya- Thank you Manik.

Manik- Thank you Riya.

(She sits on the bed to wear the anklets, but he stops her.)

Manik- Hey, wait.

(She looks confused as he bends down on his knees in front of her and keeps her foot on his knee, but she instantly backs off.)

Riya- What are you doing, Manik?

Manik- Shhhh.

(He keeps her foot on his knee and makes her wear the anklet. He does the same with her other foot and then gets up from the floor. She, too, stands up, and the anklets make a sound, on which they both smile, looking at each other. She then takes the brooch and makes him wear it while he keeps looking at her face close to his. When she is done, he looks at himself in the mirror and smiles, looking back at her through the mirror, and she is smiling as well.)

(PICTURE CREDITS- OWNER)

(He smiles and chuckles, looking at her. And as Manik leaves, Raj comes there and looks at Manik leaving. He was standing behind Manik and saw him clicking Riya's picture.)

Raj- Something is cooking between them. Are they falling for each other?

(He looks at Riya and Manik again and leaves from there. After some time, Neyonika comes to Riya.)

Neyonika- Riya pooja is about to start to ek baar saari preparations check kar lo. Mujhe kisi cheez mein koyi kami nahi chahiye.

[Neyonika- Riya, the pooja is about to start, so check all the preparations once. I want nothing lacking.]

Riya- Ji Mom.

[Riya- Yes Mom.]

(Riya goes to check everything needed for the pooja when Harshad arrives. Riya stiffens on him being this close to her, and when she is alone but acts normal and keeps doing her work.)

Harshad- So how's everything going, bitch? Malhotras ko apna asli rang dikhaya yaa nahi?

[Harshad- So how's everything going, bitch? Did you show your true colours to the Malhotras or not?]

(Riya ignores him, and he smirks, looking at her.)

Harshad- You know, bas kuch din aur. Uske baad main bhi iss ghar ka permanent member ban jaunga.

[Harshad- You know, just a few more days. After that, I too will become a permanent member of this house.]

(Riya looks on, shocked at him, and he laughs.)

Riya (a little scared)- Kai... Kaise?

[Riya (a little scared)- Ho... How?]

Harshad- Arey bohot easy hai. Your loving sister-in-law Mukti. She will be my entry pass to Malhotra Mansion. Aur uske baad to hum dono bhi aur close ho jayenge. Phir jab bhi tumhara mann kare you can come to me. Agar Manik ke saath reh kar tum khush nahi huyi to koyi baat nahi. Main to hoon hi. And Dad too. Tum hume khush rakho hum dono tumhe khush rakhenge.

[Harshad- Oh, it's effortless. Your loving sister-in-law Mukti. She will be my entry pass to Malhotra Mansion. And after that, both of us will become even more close. Then you can come to me whenever you want. It's okay if you are not happy with Manik. I am here. And Dad too. You keep us happy, and we both will keep you happy.]

(By now, Riya is shivering in fear, and her eyes are full of tears, but she controls herself from breaking down in front of him.)

Harshad- So tell me you curse. Are you ready?

Riya (in a choked voice)- I am not a curse.

Harshad- Acha? Kisne kaha tum se ye? Haan?

[Harshad- Oh really? Who said this to you? Hmm?]

(Harshad comes forward and tries to touch Riya, but she moves back, her body going numb with fear. The voices from the past are ringing in her ears, and she is trying her best to not think about them.)

-Bhaiya please mujhe chod do. Bohot dard ho raha hai.

[- Brother, please leave me. It is hurting a lot.]

- Mumma, please mujhe andar aane do. Bahar bohot thand hai Mumma, please.

[- Mom, please let me come in. It's freezing outside, Mom, please.]

-Mujhe acha nahi lag raha Dad please. Please let me go.

[- I am not feeling well, Dad, please. Please let me go.]

- You are just a bloody curse and nothing else. No one loves you.

- Tumhe to marr jaana chahiye.

[- You must die.]

Harshad- Oh, come on, baby. Let your brother have a Happy Diwali.

(She tries to go from there, but he comes and stands in her way. Harshad then smirks and steps forward to touch her when Manik comes there and stands in front of Riya, like her shield, and Harshad stops there. Riya instantly fists Manik's biceps from the back, and he takes her hand in his hand and clasps it.)

Manik (whispering angrily)- Himmat kaise huyi teri meri biwi ke paas aane ki?

[Manik (whispering angrily)- How dare you come to my wife?]

Harshad- Wow Manik Malhotra. Tumhari biwi hone se pehle vo meri behen...

[Harshad- Wow, Manik Malhotra. She is my sister before being your...]

Manik (angrily)- Thi. Teri behen thi. Aur ab vo meri biwi hai. Mrs. Riya Manik Malhotra naam hai uska ab. She is not a Dixit anymore. So uss ki izzat meri responsibility hai. And I won't let you harm her. Get that thing straight inside your head.

[Manik (angrily)- Was. She was your sister. She is my wife now. Her name is Mrs. Riya Manik Malhotra now. She is not a Dixit anymore. So her respect is my responsibility. And I won't let you harm her. Get that thing straight inside your head.]

Harshad- Oh ho ho. Itna gussa. Vo bhi for your wife of a few days? Aisa kya ho gaya in dino mein Mr. Malhotra zaraa explain karenge aap? Kahin black magic to nahi kar diya iss ne? Oh God! And also, she is just a characterless bitch. So don't attach your reputation or anything to her. That will just tarnish your image. That's it.

[Harshad- Wow. So much anger. That too for your wife of a few days? What has happened these days, Malhotra? Will you explain a bit? Has she done some black magic on you? Oh God! And also, she is just a characterless bitch. So don't attach your reputation or anything to her. That will just tarnish your image. That's it.]

(Manik clenches his fist in anger on hearing this. Manik then spots a diya on the shelf and smirks evilly. He picks up the diya and comes in front of Harshad.)

Harshad- What are you going to do with this?

(Manik just smirks at him and holds his hand up. And before Harshad could say something, Manik pours the hot oil from the diya on Harshad's hand, burning his skin. Harshad tries to take his hand away, but Manik keeps gripping it and pours the hot oil from 02 diyas on his hand. Riya looks at Manik, a little shocked, as it is the first time someone has taken a stand against her family's wrong deeds. At last, Manik leaves Harshad's hand and smiles evilly at seeing Harshad in pain.)

Manik- Ye sirf ek warning thi. Agli baar se Riya ke baare mein kuch bura socha bhi naa, to barbaad kar dunga main tujhe. Yaad rakhna iss incident ko, okay?

[Manik- This was just a warning. Don't even think bad about Riya next time. Otherwise, I will destroy you. Remember this incident, okay?]

(Saying this, Manik leaves from there with Riya, and Harshad stands there glaring at their leaving figures angrily.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 630 30
⚠️CAN'T BE READ AS A STAND ALONE BOOK⚠️ NIKHIL SINGHANIA He's the eldest son of the Singhanias, one of India's most successful and stinking rich fam...
15.1K 453 9
What if instead of Kusuo, there was Kuriko? When she was born, her gender had never transitioned from female to male and Kuriko Saiki was raised to b...
34.7K 3.3K 49
A writer by passion and a university student, she was everything men wanted in their women but not every family was filled with bustling happiness an...
322K 17K 35
•Arvi Arora• The princess of Arora's and one of the famous kid belonging to the 'Hexad'. The most calm, composed, cheerful and badass sassy queen you...