A Bride To The Five

By RadheyPanchaali

Marriage, a union of two souls. However, that is not the case for the five pandav brothers, who are bound b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Book 2!

Chapter 59

3.8K 132 103
By RadheyPanchaali

A scream trapped in Draupadi's throat, she sat up, her heart hammered wildly, pumping with terror, figments of her nightmare still lingered in her mind.

She couldn't really recall every detail. Yet that feeling of complete darkness and emptiness was still heavily ingrained in her heart.

Terror that had blindsided her, still very much thumped through her. Reminding of something that was right there, yet not.

It all sounded so bizarre, yet the thumping organ in her chest spoke of a tale, unknown to her.

Taking in deep breaths, she tried to reign her fears in.

The soothing, cool air, doing nothing to erase the heaviness over her chest.

Isn't it ridiculous to to get scared of something that she couldn't even recall the details of?

Her eyes fell on her husbands, and that feeling of foreboding pulsed in the pit of her stomach, making it churn, her pulse thrum.

The sense of foreboding, settled there like a heavy stone, sinking deeper and deeper in deep dark abyss of her mind.

The monsters there tugging her in, sinking her deeper. A cold shiver passed down her spine, making her restless.

"Everything is fine." She mumbled to herself, over and over again.

But anxiety rose up, clawing down her throat, burning with a vengeance. Tearing her from within.

She hands opened and shut clutching the air, making her soul thrum.

Wrapping her fingers around her mangalsutr, she rubbed it.

Fidgetting.

With every passing second, her grip tightening around it. The cold feel of the intricate jewelry biting in her skin.

She's being ridiculous, she chastised herself.

She should take a walk. After all, not every nightmare means that things were going to go down soon.

But a small part of her told her, that it was more than that. The heaviness and restlessness in her chest made it impossible to sit still.

She chanted Krishn's name over and over again. Peace, that usually greeted her, did nothing to erase the burning anxiety clawing her windpipe, making it difficult to breath.

"Drau?" The gruff, smokey voice of Yudhisthir startled her enough to jump.

A frown settled on the handsome face of the eldest pandav, his eyes scanning his wife's pale face.

He set up, concern thrumming through him. The dim glow of the lantern, unable to hide the terrors swimming in her gaze.

"Are you alright?" Concern dripped off his words, turning his tone into a deeper baritone, that soothed her terrifying heart.

Like a warm caress on her soul. His voice promised her protection, security. One that she craved in this moment, more than her next breath.

Arya Yudhisthir would never let anything go wrong. She reminded herself, and her thought was comforting.

She believed it. The eldest son of Kunti, would fight the whole world, before something happened to his family, that she was sure of.

He traced her features, noticing beads of sweat on her forehead, her slight tremor didn't go unnoticed either.

The forced smile that spread on her lips, followed by her jerky nod, told him all, that he needed to know.

A nightmare.

He concluded, and by the looks of it, a really bad one.

"Come here." His deep voice commanded her, the underlying warmth and strength anchoring her.

He held his arm open, beckoning her closer. His handsome face held the same calmness, that silently promised her, everything would be fine.

She gazed up at him, her heart spiking up another beat. But instead of fear, it was anticipation and warmth of love.

She hesitated for a moment, before sliding ahead, wrapping her hands around his waist, pushing her head in his nape, breathing in his natural fragrance.

That rooted her more deeply to him, like his aura of calmness weaved with her terrified one, strengthening the pulsing heart.

Dim glow of the lanterns traced his features.

His face, a mask of calmness. Sehdev's breath played on her nape, his hand tightening on her waist, pulling her harder against his firm muscled chest.

Yudhisthir musk mixed with Sehdev's citrus scent, his ever changing fragrance, that only god knew how he acquired.

Always a mystery. The youngest pandav, hardly ever spoke around others, just a smile on his face.

Ever observing and protecting, the youngest pandav, her most sensitive and understanding husband.

Her eyes traced Yudhisthir's face. He reminded her so much of ocean, all calm and serene.

The base of all the creation, and in case of Yudhisthir, he was the base of his brothers. All too protective and providing.

Who smiled, when they laughed. Who felt satisfied, when they were fed. But the same ocean that held the calmness, was also an ageless graveyard.

And how ruthless the eldest pandav could be, it was no mystery to anyone. The tales of his valor, and protectiveness were well spread around Aryavart-

"Staring at someone is considered rude dear wife." Gruff sleepy voice of her first husband, had her heart hammering in her chest, jolting her out of her thoughts, her cheeks flushed.

He bit back a smirk, watching her cheeks turn a deep scarlet. The hue that he secretly enjoyed spreading over her.

One that enhanced her beauty, made his heart beat everytime.

"Not if that someone is your husband." The words were out before she could stop them, her heart picking up it's pace.

Where had that mischievous reply come from? Never had she dared to speak to him that way.

The others? Yes.

Arya Nakul and Bheem were funny, their constant teasing and jokes made it easier to be herself. Arya Arjun and Sehdev, were mischievous from time and again.

But Arya Yudhisthir?

He was almost like a magnanimous personality, that she heard all the great lores about.

A firm, and just, crowned prince. A man, who aimed perfection in every role, and duties, that he had in his life.

A man, who commanded respect and attention, just by a mere look.

Amusement sparkled in Yudhisthir, he bit back a laugh. With his calm mask in place, his gaze locked with hers.

Dark as a winter's night, and the golden cackling fiery orbs of warmth, were gazing at him. His heart thudded sharply, like it always did around her.

"Want to talk about it?"

And just like that the fear returned, the sense of foreboding intensifying.

"I don't really remember what it was." Listening to his rhythmic heart beat, eased her a bit, her fingers drawing patterns on his chest. .

The eldest pandav sighed, tightening his hand around her waist. Pulling her firmer against his chest. Rubbing his hand up and down her back.

"Than why are you so scared?"

"I don't know how to explain." She began softly, his lips pressed on her forehead, making warmth flush through her.

His eyes flickered to his, her beautiful face made his heart jolt once again.

What is it about you Drau that renders me completely speechless? He questioned himself.

What was it about her, that drew him so crazy? He hated seeing her so uncertain and scared.

"Why don't you start from what you are feeling?" He prompted, running his fingers through her dark long tresses, in a rhythmic, soothing motion.

The tightening he hadn't even noticed, around his heart, loosened. He could breath easier.

He loved his responsibilities, there were no doubts about it. But this little reprieve with her soothed him to no extend.

Reminding him that he indeed was a human, and not some perfect persona, he aims to be.

She grounded him, anchored him. Rooted him to reality.

He pressed his lips to her forehead.

"I had a nightmare." His soft voice caressed her heart, soothing it.

"I don't remember what it really was. But. . ." Her words faded, unable to express. Yudhisthir sighed, tightening his arms around her, giving her a hard squeezing hug.

"And the feeling of fear and foreboding just won't leave."

"How do you know?" The shock in her voice had his lips curving up. Draupadi looked up, her eyes tracing her husband's features.

He pretended to think, amusement shining under his mask of calmness. "Maybe because worrying about my younger ones, is one of the many things I do." He confessed.

The calmness that reflected on his face was different, almost like he was at complete ease.

"And that gives you nightmares?" The curiousity in her words had him smiling.

"This four right here." He began, his gaze tracing his brothers. "Are my life. My day begins with them and ends around them. The strong need to protect them is no secret."

"And that has it's pros and cons. I have my concerns, and there are times where I too have nightmares."

"But how's that possible? You're so. . .strong?"

An amused laughter passed through his lips, his eyes shutting on their own accord.

"God bless your heart Drau. You're too innocent. " He crooned cupping her cheeks, eyes lit with humor and adoration.

He grinned broadly, her heart skipped a beat, her breath hitched. He looked so handsome.

This one carefree smile, lit up his face like nothing before. He looked so relaxed, and so much more his age.

The constant weight of responsibilities that he carried, almost in that one moment seemed to disappear.

In that one moment, he was just her husband. A man. So this was what prince Yudhisthir of Hastinapur had been like if King Pandu was alive?

Was this how Prince Yudhisthir was before his father's death? She could see the little boy in those dark orbs, that had lost somewhere.

Looking after his brothers, the man had hid himself somewhere deep. Almost forgotten.

The thought broke her heart. She really wished, she could help.

"Did I say something wrong?" She whispered, changing the subject, pushing down the sadness, curious to know what made him laugh.

He shook his head smiling, his heart pulsing with warmth. Leaning in he pressed his lips to her nose.

The movement was so unexpected, she stiffened. Surpise locking up her muscles.

It took a moment for her to relax, blinking up at him, shock marring her features.

His chuckle deepened, "You look like, you just saw a ghost."

"Uh?"

She asked confused, blinking up at him. Trying to process, what just happened. His laughter doubled.

"You're adorable."

The answering frown on her face, had him biting back another chuckle.

In a blink of her eyes, his face hardened. Confusion marred her features, at the sudden tension in his posture.

"Wh-"

A scream left Panchaali's lips, as arms around her tightened. Yudhisthir flipped her under him, rolling over, her heart pulsed wildly.

Out of the corner of her eyes she watched as three arrows were pierced in the ground where she lay.

Terror sipped in her soul, tearing her from within. Men dressed complete black moved out of the shadows, her breathing coming out in harsh pants.

One moment she was on the floor, and the next she was surrounded by her husbands, their backs facing her, caging her in a circle.

Weapons clutched in their hands, like warrior gods born to slaughter. The speed with which they moved, reminded her so much of a panther.

Agile and deadly.

One moment they lay peacefully, the next they were wide awake. Postures ready to attack.

Tension strained in air, the environment tensed. She could almost feel the cold caress of death on her skin, as though warning her of the dance, it would begin.

A cold tremor passed down her spine, terror sitting heavily at the base of it. Her mouth dried, panic weaving in her heart, along with throngs of questions.

Who were they? Why were they here? How did they know them?

A man moved out of the corner of her eyes,

"Arya." The alarm in her voice, had the five stiffening.

"Stay in." Arjun snapped, his hand was twirling a sword. Eyes calculating the distance between each other, the speed required and his strategies needed.

He could almost feel the tension coming off in waves from all his brothers.

Fury burned through them, this men had dared enter their safe area. Dared to attack at night, like petty monsters, and he was just about to break every single born in their bodies.

They would regret ever stepping in. A tap from left, Nakul's signal of approval, one from right, Sehdev was ready.

Another two followed, signaling his brothers readiness.

"Who are you?" His voice rumbled with the threat, that he had every intention of delivering.

"Your death." The man roared.

Nakul snorted amused. "Delusional bastard." He taunted, another growled. "Dog would be a better term." Sehdev added, though it seemed humours, Arjun could hear, the death threat under his words.

Before anyone could react, roars of anger filled the place.

The five moved, too fast for human eyes, years of training kicked in. Almost as natural as one's breath.

Screams filled the air, chaos ensued. Roars and curses sailed through the air, death grinning broadly, waiting to embrace everyone.

And five seemed the incarnation of death itself. Nakul ducked as another attacked, his one hand holding his wife's wrist, shielding her behind him.

His sword clashed with another's, before he ducked and kicked. Passing her to Sehdev, as four men attacked him, reaching for her.

"Arya!" Draupadi screamed, Sehdev wrapped his arm around her waist pulling her hard against his chest.

"He can take care of himself." The youngest pandav assured, breathing heavily, as he aimed and attacked.

Yudhisthir took her another hand, pulling her towards the exist, passing her to Bheem.

Who wiped blood off his face, bodies crushed under his feet. "Take her!" The eldest commanded.

Running back in to help his brothers. Bheem tugged her behind him, just as another reached him.

The man toppled, Bheem's hand clutching his throat. Fury rumbling through him.

"DO. NOT. TOUCH. MY. WIFE!" With every word, he punched, the man tried to fight, but the second son of Kunti was too strong.

The sickening sound of bone crushing filled her air, his fist crushing the man to pulp.

Tears rained down Panchaali's cheek. Terror seeping in her heart. The darkness and fury on all her husbands' face was not something she had seen before.

Arjun thrusted his sword, slaughtering through one's stomach, scarlet soaking the ground.

Loud screams filled the air. Men kept pouring in.

"Drau! Run!" Nakul commanded, blocking throngs of men, they were too many.

The realisation sat like a heavy rock in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes scanned the cave.

Men in dark attire were everywhere. Almost like a bad omen surrounding the place.

Bheem let his mace swing, smashing the nearest man on the floor. Thick scarlet liquid splashed on his face.

Formidable.

Each of the five looked lethal. The sides she never saw. Her heart clutched.

Terror burning the last of oxygen in her lungs. A hand wrapped around her wrist tugging her, she screamed.

A loud roar of pain followed her scream, as she watched in horror, the sickening crunch of bones cracking filled her ears, sharp gliting blade, sliced the hand clean off it's forearm.

Drau gazed at Sehdev's murderous expression, he didn't wait.

Where shock paralyzed her. He didn't stop.

Marching down to her, his eyes almost menacle. The yougest prince of Hastinapur, wrapped his hand around his wife.

"Dare touch my wife, and I will make you regret the day you were born." The animalistic growl that passed through Sehdev's chest, had Draupadi jumping, blinking up at him.

Who was he? Where had the sensitive and sweet man disappeared?

His hand tugged hers, and pulled her out of the cave. She stumbled, shock shackling her down.

Nothing made sense, terror dominated her. Tears trekking down her cheeks, running behind her husband.

Different body parts lay everywhere. Dead bodies decorated the floor. Thick scarlet liquid flowing down the place.

Almost nurturing the soil with it's darkness. Blank vacant eyes of innocents brutally murdered gazed up at her.

People she never met. Yet, her heart hurt. Tears rained down her cheeks. Her heart weighed tons.

How could someone be so heartless? How could someone kill so many innocents? What had they done?

Memories after memories of the night filled her mind. He was here. She could almost sense him.

His evil, his darkness that poisoned the air, was right here.

He was here for her.

Her gazes landed on the wild blaze licking the once beautiful forest around her.

Burning everything to ashes. Screams pierced the sky, loud enough to tear one's heart.

Screams of terror and pain, of loss and of grieving. The horrendous symphony of cries weaved as one. Reverberating through the place.

People ran haphazardly, as the men in dark, slaughter the innocents. Painting the ground with their blood.

Some begged, others cried. But their end was all the same.

Death.

A startled scream left her lips, as she watched another group of men lunge at Sehdev.

He dodged and attacked. "RUN!" He commanded, turning back to dodge and slaughter.

His blade cutting and killing. He was merciless.

But it wasn't his voice that had her sprinting. No.

It was the cloaked figure, standing amidst the burning forest. . .

"Draupadi." He whispered, but to her it was almost like a shout. She didn't hesitate, her feet moving back, as he took a step towards him.

Confident and cruel. His sword lashed out, butchering innocents. Blood soaking his dark clothing.

The disgusting smell of coppery liquid, of blood had her stomach rolling. This couldn't be happening.

There was just no way.

"No!" She screamed, shaking her head. Her eyes could see him, but her heart and mind, refused to believe it.

There was just no way. No way in hell was he here! He couldn't be!

She screamed on top of her lungs, lifting her lehnga, and sprinting away.

His cruel laughter bounced off the forest.

"Oh yes, this is true. And your nightmare has returned." His dark words cackled through the sky, promising death and destruction. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Arjun raised his fist, smashing it down in the man's face. Blood gushed, the attacker's faced caved in, blood pouring out.

But the third son of Kunti didn't care. Fury pulsed through him, lighting up his every nerve, burning with a vigor that promised death.

"HELP!!!!" Screams filled the air, piercing through Arjun's murderous haze.

The world that had zeroed down on the now bleeding man, came into focus. Magnanimous scarlet and orange flames licked the forest, like a hungry monster devoring its prey.

"Draupadi." Terror gripped his chest, without a backward glance he bolted.

"Help!" A woman's scream reached his ears, and in this moment, he regretted keeping his Gandiv hidden.

His eyes scanned, heat of fire licked his skin, smoke darkening the sky. He had to get out.

Screams filled the place. Creating a crescendo of horror. Tents after tents were burning.

His gaze fell on a woman unconscious among all the chaos. Arjun jumped over a fallen tree, that burned like furnace.

"Hey! Wake up!" Urgency fueled his words, helping the woman up, as people ran around. Animals too following closer.

It was complete chaos. "Wake up!" He shook her awake. The woman coughed, blinking her eyes open.

Wrapping his arms around her, he picked her up. Bolting for the nearest clearing.

Running through the forest, he distantly heard shouts and screams. Dodging and running around the flames, the third son of Kunti broke through the burning forest.

"Oh thank God!" Yudhisthir rushed down towards Arjun, his concerned expression giving away to relief.

He rushed through the crowd, gathered around, looking over the burning forest.

Arjun lay the girl down, "Maya!" Someone shouted, and soon, people swarmed the girl.

He stepped back, the eldest Pandav wrapped his arms around his brother, pulling him hard against his chest.

"Oh thank God you are fine."

Arjun hugged his brother back, relief flooding his system. Heavy footfalls reached their ears, before a very familiar voice boomed.

"You scared me, you oaf!" Bheem grumbled walking up to his younger brother, slapping the back of his head, before tugging Arjun in his arms.

"The mighty Vrikodar gets scared?" The third son of Kunti teased.

"I so hate you brother! I thought I got a white hair or two worrying about you!" Nakul butted in, rushing through the crowd, throwing his arms around his brother, hugging the four.

"Why am I always left out?" Duryodhan grumbled, limping over. Blood marring him.

"You five look mighty handsome, with all the blood and gore." Pauravi tried to lighten the mood, Dhara and Bhanumati following her.

Dirt, blood and dark soot marred each and everyone, Arjun looked over his family.

"Where is Dushasan and Sugandha?"

"Jyest, they had some burns, so I put on some medicines. The guards we left at village borders are here, helping around, we are pitching in where we can." Nakul informed his voice unusually grim.

"Where is Drau? And where is Sehdev?"

"Must be in the crowd. We all just reached out." Dhara stated, her gazes looking over the crowd.

"Drau was with Dev, and I am certain, he should be here." Bheem gazed around, "Let's search for them." Yudhisthir ordered.

And just like that, the Kuruvanshi's broke away. Looking through the gathered crowd. People sat around the forest, being treated or helping.

Groans and grunts of pain filling the air. Yudhisthir's stomach clenched as people died around, their families screaming.

Who had attacked them? As fast as they had come, they had vanished, and with every passing second, his anxiety for his wife and brother was creeping through his heart.

"They are not here." Dhara' voice was laced with panic, where was her best friend. "I can't find them!" Bhanumati shouted in half panic.

"Not this way either!" Pauravi came running from another side. "They are not there in the medical camp!" Nakul rushed ahead, closely followed by Ayushman, who had a bandage around his abdomen.

"Oh my god! You should be resting!" Pauravi chastised. "Not when my sister is missing." He gritted out the words.

"Sister?" The pandavas choursed. "Not the time!" Duryodhan snapped. "If they are not here. . ."

The Kuruvanshi's turned towards the burning forest, dread settling in the pit of their stomach.

The pandavas shot out, like bats out of hell, panic pumping through their veins, the four bolting towards their wife and brother.

"Ayushman stay with Dhara, Bhanumati and Pauravi!" Duryodhan ordered, not waiting for a reply, he bolted after his brothers.

Heat slapped hard, the Kuruvanshi brothers rushing closer to the burning forest.

Smoke wafted off, making them cough and choke.

"Drau!"

"Sehdev!"

"Drau!"

"Sehdev!"

The five shouted, ducking through the flames. A huge tree crashed on the right, Nakul's heart speeding up.

As the time passed, the worry for the two escalated. Bheem's temper burned brighter, flarring up, nearly knocking every burning tree down.

What if something happened to the two? What if they lost. . .

The viscious circle of negative thoughts circled through the six, looking around.

"Sehdev!" Yudhisthir's panicked shout, had the others running towards him.

Surrounded by fire, in between the bodies lay the youngest pandav. Blood flowing from the back of his head, his face pale.

Terror gripped their hearts. "Dev!"

"Wake up!" Yudhisthir shook him, checking for his vitals. "Bheem carry him back. Nakul go along."

"But Drau-"

"No time! His pulse is low! We'll look for her." Yudhisthir snapped, the two nodded, their faces pale.

Bheem crouched down, pushing his angvastr on the back of his head, halting the blood flow.

Picking him up carefully, Bheem nodded, carrying Sehdev away. He wanted to stay, the need to stay back and look for his wife was strong.

But Sehdev's pailing face had his stomach dropping. His gaze met Yudhisthir's, whose lingered on his younger brother.

He wanted to be with Sehdev, they all did.

Bheem realised that they all were in the same boat, they wanted to stay with Sehdev, yet look for Drau as well.

"Go." Yudhisthir whispered, his voice nearly breaking, he ran his fingers through Sehdev's hair, concern fueling his terror.

Nakul nodded, and with a final nod, Bheem and him were out.

"Only god knows where Drau is." Duryodhan wanted to tug his hair out, restlessness clawing at his chest.

"She's fine." Yudhisthir mumbled.

"She has to be." Arjun whispered.

"Fuck this shit." Duryodhan roared, helplessness like this was not what he was used to. He hated being helpless.

"Please be fine." Yudhisthir pleaded, too soft to be heard.

"Hey Govind, look after my Drau." Arjun prayed,

"Let's go." Yudhisthir stated, his heard pumping hard, the three looked around at the burning forest, and their world that threatened to collapse. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Draupadi's POV:

The all too familiar terror pulse through my heart, making it difficult for me to breath.

The groaning and grunting of the nearby tree, had me jolting. My head shot up, eyes widening.

The flaming mass, that was once a tree swayed. Before zooming down towards earth.

Dread pulsed harder. Tears tracing down my cheeks.

"Draupadiii."

His voice sang, making my heart thud, pushing me back to that night. The night of death and destruction.

The night those innocent women were butchered, the night like today I was once again helpless.

"Come out!"

His menacle laughter, had goosebumps spreading throughout my body. A silver of tremor passing down my back.

I gazed around, fire was everywhere. I bit back a scream, bodies were burned. The odor of burning flesh and smoke, nearly chocking.

Consciousness was a concept, I was struggling to grasp. I had inhaled too much smoke.

Fire was everywhere.

This was my end. I knew it.

Exhaustion weighed heavy, making me feel like my body weighed a ton. I stumbled ahead, my feet aching, surroundings blurring.

A hand clamped around my throat, but all I could think was about my husbands. Their images fluttering through my mind.

"Caught you." His voice whispered in my ear, dread sparkling.

"You are a coward." I hated that my voice sounded so weak, the arm around my neck tightened, making it even more difficult to breath.

"Almost about to die, yet such a fiesty thing."

"Why are you doing this?" I really wanted to know, why was this monster doing this to me?!

What had I ever done to earn his disdain.

"Drau!"

Terror pummeled through my hears,  Arya Arjun's voice reached my ear.

He was here.

Oh no! No! No! No!

"Oh see we have guests over!" The sickening excitement in his voice, nearly paralyzed me.

"Pleaseee."

I know I sounded pathetic, that I shouldn't beg. But I was too weak to fight.

Agony pulsed through my body, blood flowing down my feet, where I had cut them from running barefoot.

Burns decorated various parts of my body, but what mattered, right this moment was my husband and his well being.

I wanted to shout, to scream, for him to run away from this monster. But I knew, it would have the opposite effect on him.

He will run towards me, and not away.

"Drau!"

"Ah! The crowned prince is here too! This is going to be so much fun!"

"Please don't do this."

"Scream Draupadi, call for your husbands." He commanded, his sickening voice making my stomach turn.

"I won't. " a vigorous cough rattled my body, the smoke making it difficult to breath.

A scream ripped through my mouth, burning pain flaming through my abdomen, scarlet liquid stained my hands, that now cupped over my stomach.

"Wrong answer." His voice taunted, making my vision blur.

Guilt punched my chest, terror sunk it's talons in my heart. The thundering of footsteps, along with panicked shouts of my name,  was all the cue I needed to know, they heard me.

"Drau!!"

And as expected Arya Arjun and Yudhisthir broke through the trees, a wall of fire separating us.

Their faces hardened. Wrath marring their features, but under the hardness, was concern and fear, under it was love.

Tears filled my eyes, tracing down my cheeks. I wanted to say something, but words died at my lips, my mouth dry.

Blood seeping down my hands.

"Drau!"

Their gaze settled on my stomach, and the fury that marred, terrified me, even thought it wasn't aimed at me.

"Don't even think about it." Snapped my attacker, "One step towards us, and I will end her life."

"I don't know who you are or why you are doing this. But, I swear on everything that is dear to me, that the moment I get my hands on you, you will be begging for death, and I won't grant it to you."

Menacle laughter followed Arya Arjun's threat, his face set in hard lines.

"Oh Prince! You crack amazing jokes. But guess what? I didn't like it."

My attacker snapped, a scream ripped out of my lips, white hot agony flaming through me, as his hands gripped my open wound clawing it.

"DRA-"

"STEP ANOTHER FOOT AHEAD AND I KILL HER!"

"Let her go!" Arya Yudhisthir snapped wrath filling his words, breaking through my pained haze.

He let go, relief flooded my system, but the beating agony of wound was reduced a tinge.

"Oh but why would I do that?"

"What do you want?"

"Ah! Prince Yudhisthir, you indeed are a smart man."

"Let our wife go."

"Oh Arjun, always so protective of what's yours. Aren't you? But guess what? This one ain't yours!"

"Shut up you pysch-"

A scream ripped out of my lips, pain throbbed through my stomach, his nails sinking in.

"Please!"

"Ah! Did I just hallucinate or are the mighty Pandavas pleading?"

Gasps passed through my lips, breathing heavily. Smoke filled my lungs, throwing me in a coughing fit.

"Please let her go." Through my blurred vision, I could see their faces.

Pure agony marred their features, tears filling their eyes. Concern for me reflecting through them.

"Let my wife go. Her wound is bleeding too much, whatever is it that you want, I will give it to you." Arya Arjun's had my heart sparkling in terror.

No!

They can't do that.

"Arya. . ."

"Drau, baby calm down."

"No Arya!"

"Let my brother and my wife leave-"

"But jyest-"

"No! She's bleeding. We need to hurry, she has inhaled too much smoke!"

And in that one moment, my heart shattered. The terror that rang through my husband's voice was enough to tear my heart.

He was afraid for me. He was willing to sacrifice himself for me.

"No jyest! You and her will leave! I will stay. Whatever you need I will do it, let my family go!" Arya Arjun insisted, his voice hardening.

"Ar-"

"Oh this brothers love! My heart is going to melt from all this warmth." My attacker faked a teary voice.

"But the thing is your wife, had a little time-"

His voice was cut off, as the world titled, my body slammed hard in the ground.

"Drau!" Two voice roared distantly, out of the corner of my eyes, I could see a very furious Duryodhan, who had tackled my attacker to the ground and was now pummeling him.

"Drau."

Arms wrapped around me, two different ones.

"Princess."

A watery voice crooned in my ears, my body firmly pressed in a hard chest. As another set of hands cupped my cheeks, the hard callous texture of Arya Yudhisthir's fingers were all too familiar and soothing.

A grunt passed through my lips, as hands pressed down my stomach.

"Keep your eyes open. Talk to me!"

Panic rang through Arya Yudhisthir's voice. The all too calm prince was anything but today.

Tears tracing down his cheeks, "Please talk to me."

It was struggle, and my hand trembled, I raised it, cupping his cheek. My thumb caressed over his wet cheeks, my gaze oscillating between the broken hazel onces,  and shattered dark ones.

"Please." They pleaded, almost cracking my heart.

"Do-" A coughing fit broke through my lips,  their hands rubbed my back, faces crumbling in panic.

"Don. . .don't cry." I pushed the words out.

They nodded, like little lost boys, fear and uncertainty clouding their features.

"Are you hurt?" My eyes traced their form, worry clutching my stomach.

A watery laugh passed through Arya Arjun's lips, his arms giving me a quick squeeze.

"You are the one bleeding, and yet you are worried we are hurt? Stop being so adorable before I kiss you." Arya Yudhisthir's words had me looking at him in shock.

My heart shuttered a beat, and than another.

"Oh you broke her." A laugh passed through Arya Arjun's lips, Arya Yudhisthir just smiled.

His face darkened, his eyes tracing the bleeding wound on my head.

"Hold our girl." He commanded, and with that he was off. My voice caught in my throat, as my all too calm, and composed husband marched as a predator up to where Duryodhan was still pummeling the man.

"You dare touch my sister! You bastard I will kill you!"

He roared, and my heart melted just a little. The familiar security that only a family could provide washing over me.

"This is going to hurt a little darling." Arya Arjun crooned in his melodic voice in my ears, making my heart skip a beat.

He replaced his hand with his white angvastr, tightening it around my stomach, I bit back my screams, doing my best to hold them in, as he tightened  the cloth.

"Arya." A whimper slipped past my lips.

"Shh sweetheart, almost done. I am so sorry baby." Arms wrapped around my body, pulling me hard against his hard chest.

His lips pressed on my forehead, soothing warmth pulsed through me.

"Everything is going to be alright. " His reassuring words, were drowned by screams.

"You dared put your filthy hands on my wife."

Never in my short life had I ever heard anyone as furious as my first husband.

Wrath had taken new definitions for me, his animalistic roar, had a tremor passing through me.

Arya Arjun's arms tightened around me, pulling me harder in his chest. His soothing warmth seeping in my body.

The tension in his body screamed just how much he wanted to join his brothers, but he held back.

His hands rubbing up and down my back, reassuringly. More for him, than me.

"You are safe princess."

All I could do was nod.

"Drau?"

Duryodhan's voice had me looking up, concern marred his face, as he lowered ahead of me.

"You okay?"

"Are you crying?" I pushed my voice in a teasing manner. "Oh you lady annoyance, don't you ever do that to me again."

"Or you will cry?" I poked further, he gave a watery laugh.

"Only in your dreams." He grumbled, pretending to be annoyed. But I could hear the concern in his voice, as he patted my head in a brotherly gesture.

"You're one hell of an annoyance. " His words held no heat, but a tang of concern and brotherly affection.

I nodded.

"You three do realise that this forest is burning right?" I asked instead, making the two chuckle.

"As long as I have you in my arms, my world is at peace. The whole world can be up in flames, and I won't give a damn." Arya Arjun whispered, making my heart skip a beat.

"Ew dude. You're literally flirting with my sister, and that is something I can live without seeing."

Duryodhan gave a full on body shudder, portraying his disgust, making Arya Arjun chuckle.

The screams of the man had me jolting, blood soaked Arya Yudhisthir,  making my heart pulse.

The man however just cackled.

"I say we end him!" Duryodhan growled.

"No! Death is not a mercy I want to show him." Darkness tainted my Arya Arjun's voice, making me tremble, his arms tightening, giving me a reassuring squeeze. 

His one hand traveled under my knees, another my back, and in a swift motion, like I weighed nothing, he picked me up bridal style.

Dark spots danced in my vision, my body screaming with agony, as I watched Duryodhan help Arya Yudhisthir drag the guy.

Fire licked the forest, flames growing wilder. Arya Arjun's arms tightening around me protectively, murmuring sweet nothings in my ear.

"It's going  to be alright princess. You are soon going to be in a warm bed, sleeping and resting."

I hummed.

"Talk to me Panchaali. Don't sleep please."

"I want to hear you play, Pauravi. . .told. . .you. . .Veena."

Forming sentences was becoming a struggle, I wanted to talk, but it felt like my tongue weighed tons.

"I'll play as long as you want. Only for you. Tell me what more."

His lips pressed on my forehead. Along with the blood, I felt somewhere that filter between my mind and tongue, had broken too.

Things that I usually would never dream saying, came pouring out.

"Will you dance with me?"

I felt his lips curving against my forehead. "Are you asking me if I'll dance, while we are walking down a burning forest."

I pouted, and he chuckled.

"Did I ever tell you, how adorable you are?"

"Not enough times, tell me now." My voice slurred, and he chuckled again.

"You are cute Panchaali."

"Just cute?" I asked, turning my head sideways, struggling to keep my eyes open.

Amusement sparkled on his face, a bright grin spreading on his face. "I never dreamed to flirt with my wife in a burning forest."

"You dream about me? I dream about you too."

His amused gaze held curiousity, "And what is that you dream about me?"

I gazed in his hazel orbs, the center of my world, and down at his lips. And for that one moment, everything around faded.

All that remained was him and me. "I dream about, how your lips would feel against mine. . ."

I whispered rubbing my thumb over his silk, velvety lips, those hazel orbs darkened, as he halted.

His eyes meeting mine. And the intensity they held, nearly knocked me out of my breath.

His lips slammed hard against mine, mashing them together. Sparks exploded through my system, as colour lightened my world.

The world faded, everything did. What remained, was my husband, my other half, the center of my world and me.

He pulled me under his spell, dazzling me with his love. Speaking a language through his lips, that only my soul spoke off.

His forehead pressed against mine, as his lips let mine go. "You drive me crazy." He whispered.

"The world around me is going up in flames literally, but with you? I don't care." He whispered, making my heart skip a beat, as I just blinked up at him.

Grunts and curses shattered the moment between us. The hard ground hit me hard.

Arms gave away from around me, Arya Arjun's scream pierced the sky.

Terror seeped in my soul, a sharp tug on my arm, and I was once again against the monster.

His menacle laughter filled the sky. Arms wrapped around my chest, panic pumped through my veins.

Duryodhan lay on the ground, blood flowing through the gapping wound in his chest.

"Du-"

Arya Yudhisthir lay beside him. Blood tracing down the corner of his head.

The tip of the dagger bit in my throat, "Arya!"

A wound gapped on Arya Arjun's back.

"Never trust a snake." My attacker spat. Arya Yudhisthir stumbled up standing, followed by Arya Arjun and Duryodhan. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Agony flared through Arjun, but wilder than that was his dread. His eyes flew open, moving towards his wife, who was once again in the bastard's arms.

"Let her go."

He growled, his brothers flanking him on either side.

His insane laughter bounced off the place.

"Oh Prince. You should have known better." The man sneered, his face darkening.

Draupadi's eyes struggled to keep open, tears tracing down her cheeks. His heart twisted in his chest, making his heart pulse with agony.

Protectiveness clawed down his chest, wrath shimmering under his skin.

"Draupadi."

The man's breathing was heavy, he wouldn't survive.

Yudhisthir nodded, out of the corner of his eyes. Arjun growled, just Yudhisthir tackled the man.

His hand wrapping around the attacker's, twisting it, his knees buckling.

The man feel on his knees grunting, Arjun wrapped his arms around Drau, before she could hit the ground.

Yudhisthir slammed the man against the flaming tree. The smell of charred meat reached his nose.

His screams reverberating off the place. He growled, insanity sparkling through his gaze.

He slammed his head against Yudhisthir's, pushing him back.

Everything happened to fast to be processed.

"If she cannot be mine! She'll be no one's!"

He roared, and before Arjun could process, the man kicked out, Arjun twisted around, letting his back take the hit.

He stumbled ahead.

Draupadi's eyes widened in terror, as nearby trees groaned. Cracking and falling down.

And with every last of her strength, she pushed Arjun's chest.

Arjun stumbled back, his arms failing back.

Her screams pierced off the sky, the flaming trees falling over her, a deafening silence following off her screams . . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The End!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Hi!

Thank you all for being with me, on this wonderful journey.

AND I am really sorry for all the late updates, and the wait, and for this cliffhanger too.

But I promise book 2 will be worth it.

And yes, this cliffhanger was needed.

I know I know!
And it's down right mean. But book 2 will be out soon!

Pandavas will return with their Panchaali in book 2!

Titled:

Bridal Crises

I will see you all soon. With book 2, and soon I'll update a sneak-a-peak too!

Take care!

Lots of Love,
-Nick!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.1K 2.6K 19
Wanan labari ne akan jarabawan ubangiji, yanason wata baiwar Allah mai suna Aisha ranan bikinsu ta mutu, bayan wani lokaci mai tsawo saiya hadu damai...
37.1K 3.4K 61
~ Dangerous Life Ahead ~ • Book 2 of LIFE OF PANCHALI TRILOGY • Panchali Rathore, Ex- CEO of Rathore Industries, now the Crown Princess of Hastinapur...
300K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
231K 5.7K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...