His Favorite Piece Of Art

By _ColorMePurple_

"πΏπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘ 𝑖𝑠 π‘’π‘Žπ‘ π‘¦ π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘€ π‘šπ‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘˜π‘›π‘’π‘ π‘ " - 𝑅. 𝑄𝑒𝑒𝑒𝑛 ____________... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Main Character's Aesthetics
Chapter 1 | Alexander Hart
Chapter 2 | Stop crying, yeah?
Chapter 3 | Call me
Chapter 4 | A little wine won't hurt
Chapter 5 | You again
Chapter 6 | The contract
Chapter 7 | Look at me
Chapter 8 | I can help with that
Chapter 9 | Skilful fingers
Chapter 11 | Hot sexy pants
Chapter 12 | Dance with me
Chapter 13 | Nude
Chapter 14 | Piece of me
Chapter 15 | Taste of you
Chapter 16 | My drug
Chapter 17 | Date night
Chapter 18 | Dream of you
Chapter 19 | Under the stars
Chapter 20 | Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
Chapter 21 | Dramarama
Chapter 22 | Fate?
Chapter 23 | Let you in
Chapter 24 | Fireworks
Chapter 25 | Shape of you
Chapter 26 | Final goodbye
Chapter 27 | Machiavellian
Chapter 28 | Handcuffs?
Chapter 29 | Karma is a bitch
Chapter 30 | Bella Moore
Epilogue

Chapter 10 | Late night messages

1.7K 56 7
By _ColorMePurple_

 Is everything okay? >

He does the same thing as he did just minutes ago. He sees the message but doesn't reply, leaving her on seen. He hopes that she doesn't take it in the wrong way, that she isn't thinking that he doesn't want to talk to her because he wants to, but for some reason, he can't.

Are you okay, Mr. Hart? >

His heart tugs at her next message. She is asking if he's okay. He doesn't know how to answer that question and that only already tells that he isn't okay. He's not okay but he won't tell her that.

< Everything is fine, love. I'm fine.

He lies, even though he didn't want to, but he has to. He likes to believe that she is genuinely asking, that she is actually caring about how he feels, just like the other day at their photoshoot.

He could hear the sincerity in her voice, but he has to be careful because people would always give him false hope, making him believe that they actually care but then it turns out they only wanted something from him and that they only played to be nice so they can get closer to him and all for wrong reasons.

Okay. But if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here. >

His heart doesn't ease up on him as it clenches at her heartwarming message and his fingers twitch to move, to answer her, to tell her all his problems. But he can't. He is scared.

< Why are you so sweet? Caring about a man that has shit load of issues. But I won't bother you with my problems love, and plus it's late, you should sleep.

He may have had a glass filled with alcohol so he didn't hold up from cursing even though it's only in messages. But he never talks to her like that and he hopes she won't mind the slip-up.

You won't bother me, Mr. Hart. If you need to get something off your chest, please do. It will make you feel better and don't worry, I won't judge you about anything in any way if that's what you're concerned about. >

Bella is surprised that she's even saying this to him, that she's actually having this conversation, but she can tell that something is wrong since that phone call and if she can help in some way then she is willing to listen.

< Why do you care?

He is genuinely curious as to why she would waste her time on him, especially this late when she should be sleeping. He knows that she has classes tomorrow and plus they will have another session and all of that can get tiring. The last thing he wants to do is take her sleep away.

I don't know, I just do. I know that we don't know each other that well or for that long, but I can tell that something is wrong and I want you to know that if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here and I'm all ears. >

As he reads her message he can feel himself softening and he is close to telling her everything. His fingers hover over his screen, contemplating if he should really do it, but then another message pops up from the sweet girl he thinks too much about lately, and he reads it.

I care because I know that it means a lot when someone asks you how you feel, that it means a lot when someone cares. And maybe I wish someone would ask me that too sometimes. >

He frowns at her message, reading it over and over again, especially the last sentence. He didn't expect her to open up to him. Even though she didn't tell him anything yet, that last sentence was enough for him to see that she feels exactly like he does.

Now feeling more relaxed, he tries to go on with this conversation and see where it will take them. Now with a lot less fear running through his body.

< Are you okay, love?

There is a couple of minutes that pass before he sees the three dots appear, indicating that she is typing. He could guess that she didn't expect him to ask her that and that she also doesn't know if she should really reply and tell him how she feels. He had that same dilemma just moments ago.

Sometimes I am and sometimes I'm not...there are moments when I would like to go back to a certain period of my life, when everything was better but I can't, and that hurts. >

It's safe to say that he is shocked as he reads her message. He did not expect for her to actually tell him anything, but he is more than glad and feels content to know that she felt comfortable enough with him to say something so personal like her feelings.

< I understand how you feel. Except, I don't have a period in my life I would like to go back to.

It was a small peek through his tall walls and even though he might have risen her curiosity even more now, he didn't care because telling her that only felt so relieving and like a weight was lifted off his chest.

He could guess that she might be trying to speculate what he's trying to say, and his thought gets confirmed when she sends him another message.

What do you mean by that? >

< I'm afraid I can't tell you that, love. At least not tonight.

Tsk tsk tsk. That's not fair Mr. Hart. >

She could tell that it took him a lot of courage to even tell her that and she knows that she won't get anything more for tonight. But she was okay with it. She knows how hard it is to let someone in and she was willing to wait as long as she needs. That is if he even wants her to be the one he will confide in.

Since it was getting late, she wanted to light up the mood so they don't end their conversation on a gloomy note. That's why she sent that teasing message to which he is currently replying.

< I know, love, I'm sorry...

Alexander really felt bad. She shared something with him and he can't do it back. But maybe one day he will, maybe he will share everything. Because for some crazy reason, this girl gave him more comfort and reassurance with just mere words than anyone else did. 

And it might be the right push for him to open up in the future. And maybe he wants her to be that one person that knows every little thing about him. But not tonight. He's not ready. And she understands that.

Don't be sorry, Mr. Hart. When you're ready, just know that you have someone who will listen. >

Alexander can't help the small smile that pulls at his lips. His chest fills with warmth as he reads her text and he only hopes that she will stay around him long enough to get to know him and for him to get to know her.

I should go and sleep now. I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Hart. Goodnight. >

As he types his reply, Alexander feels a little down because their conversing is over but he understands that Bella needs rest so he won't keep her up.

< Goodnight, love. Sweet dreams.

He heaves a sigh as he locks his phone and closes his eyes. His body slowly shuts down with the last thoughts being the girl he will work with tomorrow. The girl that's slowly making her way into his heart and awakens the emotions he never felt before.

__________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer

Tell me what you think about it in the comments

Also if you notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, please do tell me

And please vote if you liked this chapter

I hope you have an amazing week ahead of you

Have a good day/night 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 53.1K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
303K 10.4K 34
"Maybe it's time we stopped trying to stay away from each other," I said, surprising myself with my confidence. A tiny smirk of a smile skittered acr...
1.5M 25.9K 24
[COMPLETED] As I was beginning to relax, a new terror coursed through my body at his next word, "Strip." "Ex-excuse me?" I blurted out. I wasn't get...
137K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...