His Favorite Piece Of Art

By _ColorMePurple_

"πΏπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘ 𝑖𝑠 π‘’π‘Žπ‘ π‘¦ π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’, π‘ β„Žπ‘œπ‘€ π‘šπ‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘˜π‘›π‘’π‘ π‘ " - 𝑅. 𝑄𝑒𝑒𝑒𝑛 ____________... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Main Character's Aesthetics
Chapter 1 | Alexander Hart
Chapter 2 | Stop crying, yeah?
Chapter 3 | Call me
Chapter 4 | A little wine won't hurt
Chapter 6 | The contract
Chapter 7 | Look at me
Chapter 8 | I can help with that
Chapter 9 | Skilful fingers
Chapter 10 | Late night messages
Chapter 11 | Hot sexy pants
Chapter 12 | Dance with me
Chapter 13 | Nude
Chapter 14 | Piece of me
Chapter 15 | Taste of you
Chapter 16 | My drug
Chapter 17 | Date night
Chapter 18 | Dream of you
Chapter 19 | Under the stars
Chapter 20 | Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus
Chapter 21 | Dramarama
Chapter 22 | Fate?
Chapter 23 | Let you in
Chapter 24 | Fireworks
Chapter 25 | Shape of you
Chapter 26 | Final goodbye
Chapter 27 | Machiavellian
Chapter 28 | Handcuffs?
Chapter 29 | Karma is a bitch
Chapter 30 | Bella Moore
Epilogue

Chapter 5 | You again

2K 57 4
By _ColorMePurple_

"Bella?"

She freezes at the sound of a familiar voice and slowly looks up to meet the guy she never wanted to see ever again. Her ex.

"Noah..." Bella quietly lets out, surprised that she saw him again, but the surprise isn't pleasant.

"Hey, how are you? We didn't see each other for so long." Noah smiles at her but Bella looks away. Everything that happened between them is running through her mind and she just wants to run out of the restaurant so she doesn't have to face him.

"Yeah, I'm good. You?" She reluctantly asks so she doesn't seem unpolite.

"I'm good as well, just came here to have some lunch with-" He turns around and only then Bella notices that there is someone behind him. "With Jessica." He finishes his sentence as a redhead girl stands next to him.

Jessica. A girl with who he cheated on Bella.

Bella can only nod as she feels anger and sadness travel through her body. It's been almost a year since they broke up, but seeing him again and plus with her, doesn't make it any easier no matter how much time already passed.

She really didn't need this today, or ever.

Alexander can tell that Bella is feeling uneasy about those two, but doesn't know how to help her. He is a bit awkward and doesn't know how to console someone since no one ever cared for him that much, which resulted in him being confused about human feelings and what he should do about it.

But for some reason, he wanted to try and make those two people go away. He didn't know why but it bothered him to see Bella so uncomfortable.

As he was about to speak, Noah spoke before him and interrupted him. "Since we are all here to have lunch maybe we can catch up." Noah was already eyeing the table next to them and was trying to get the attention of the waiter so they can put their tables together.

But Alexander saw how Bella's eyes widened and her body language was telling him that she doesn't want that to happen and that she just wants to be left alone. So he quickly spoke.

"I'm sorry but we came here to enjoy our lunch by ourselves. We don't want any company." For better effect, Alexander took Bella's hand in his and Noah's eye immediately focused on their intertwined hands that lay on the top of their table.

Both Bella and Noah were shocked but Bella felt grateful that the man she barely knows tried to help her from this situation. She gave a small smile to Alexander and he smiled back while his thumb caressed the back of her hand gently.

"Oh alright, I understand. Well, I guess we'll leave you two. It was nice seeing you again Bella."

Bella only nodded and sighed in relief when they left their table.

"Who are those two? If you don't mind me asking." Alexander was curious and he couldn't stop himself from wanting to know. He could only guess but he wanted to make sure.

"Uh...he's my ex and that's his girlfriend. He um...cheated on me with her when we were together..."

Bella didn't know why she even told him. He didn't have to know, plus they weren't that close and this seemed like a private matter. But for some reason, she wanted to tell him, and she had to admit it felt good to finally say it. It's like she just came to terms with it, and she's okay with that.

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." Alexander's expression softened as his thumb unconsciously caressed her hand.

"Please don't say that, it's not you who needs to apologize. And besides, I'm fine now, I moved on."

Alexander nods as Bella gives him a small smile, both oblivious that they're still holding hands until George comes back with two plates filled with food. Both of them cough awkwardly as they finally pull away so George can put the plates down while trying to hide his smile.

He will definitely tease Alexander about this.

"Enjoy," George smirks and his smile only widens when Alexander glares at him knowingly. Bella is too focused on her delicious meal to notice the silent exchange between the two men again. Steak au poivre. The meat is so tender and it almost melts on her tongue. The red wine Alexander ordered for them goes really nicely with it and she savors every bite just so she can enjoy it longer.

"Do you like it?"

Bella can only nod a couple of times and smile as her mouth is full and she doesn't want to wait to swallow so she can answer him. Alexander looks down to hide his smile before he takes a bite. 

She's so cute.

They spend their lunch in silence as they both enjoy it before George comes to take their empty plates and offers them a dessert. Both of them decline because they are full.

As Bella twirls her glass gently, a little wine left in it, she takes her last sip as Alexander watches her before he speaks. "So, what is making your decision difficult to make?"

Bella looks at him for a second before looking down again. Her finger traces the stem of the glass as she holds it with both of her hands, her eyes focused on her actions as she tries to explain it to him.

"I um...I saw what kind of photographs you sometimes take and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it." Bella bites her lip nervously as she still keeps her eyes everywhere but him.

The silence engulfs them for a couple of seconds and Alexanders just watches her. He understands what she is trying to say and he has to admit he is surprised. Pleasantly.

Usually, when he proposes an offer to someone, usually women, they don't even wait for a second to say yes, especially if it's expected from them to pose naked. He doesn't mind that because he needs it for work, but what bothers him is that usually those women say yes and don't have a problem with being naked only because they want to seduce him.

That's not why he asked them to work for him, he could care less. He doesn't want someone who will just try to get in his pants because he's famous, has money or they think he looks good. He also doesn't care if you look like a supermodel or not. For him, that's not important. He thinks everyone is beautiful, everyone has special qualities and that's what he wants to bring out through his art.

"First of all," Alexander speaks and leans closer over the table. He puts two fingers under Bella's chin to make her look at him. "I don't like it when someone doesn't look me in the eyes while I'm speaking to them."

Bella gulps as she looks at him and he tries to hide his smile at her nervousness. He likes eye contact while talking to someone, especially if that someone has beautiful eyes like her.

"Second of all, I understand why you are worried. You are scared to be naked in front of a camera and you're probably even more scared if someone sees those photos. Yes?"

Bella nods, too shocked as he speaks. He read her like an open book. "That's also what I don't like. Nonverbal comunication."

"Oh, sorry." Bella looks away for a second before she remembers he doesn't like that either. She is a little bit surprised by his sudden seriousness and his dominant behavior. And she hates to admit it, but she likes it.

"I mean yes." She looks at him and his lips pull at the corner as his fingers leave her soft skin.

"I understand. But you don't have to worry. When you pose naked, your most intimate parts will be hidden. I don't take pictures of naked bodies just so I could show nudity, I do it just so it fulfills the story I want to tell and to awaken the imagination of the viewers. That's actually my next project I'm working on and I would like for you to be a part of it."

"Why me?" Bella is honored to be asked by a well-known artist to work for him, but she doesn't understand what's so special about her for him to ask her. She is sure there are more beautiful women out there that would look just perfect. That's insecurities speaking for her but she can't help but feel curious. Why her?

"Because you are beautiful," Bella blushes and looks down hoping that a few seconds of not looking at him will stop her cheeks from heating up. "And because I think your way of portraying photography is similar to mine. You impressed me in that class."

Bella looks at him as he smiles at her. "I won't pressure you into accepting my offer, that's the last thing I want to do. But think of the good parts for you. You can always ask me if you need advice for your photography, you can get exposure of your name and maybe your art if you agree on putting your photos out for the public, and also you will get paid if somebody buys my art at the exhibition."

Alexander watches her as she's in deep thought. He hopes she will say yes. She's perfect for his next project but deep down he knows that's not the only reason. He just wants to keep seeing her and working together would be a great opportunity for it.

"Okay. I accept." She snaps him back from his daze and he smiles at her answer. "Are you sure?" He wants to confirm. She smiles as she nods her head. "Yes."

"Great. We can start from tomorrow if that's fine with you."

"It is." Bella smiles and Alexander nods his head as he pulls his phone out and gives it to her. "Put your phone number down so I can text you the details for tomorrow."

Bella does just that and then gives him his phone back. Alexander then calls George over so he can pay for their meal before they stand up to leave. George bids goodbye to the girl that captured Alexander's eye before he throws a knowing look at the said man who only shakes his head. When they leave the restaurant Alexander opens his car door for her and then goes to his driver's seat so he can drop her off at her dorm.

...

"I'll wait for you at the nearest cafe, just text me when you're done and I'll send you the address," Caroline says as she stops her car in front of Alexander's building. It's the next day and she offered to drive her best friend to her first photoshoot.

"Alright, I'll see you later, bye." They kiss each other on the cheek before Bella gets out of the car. Caroline drives off leaving her standing alone for a few seconds as she just looks at the tall glass building.

She takes a deep breath before she moves towards the door. As she makes it inside she noticed a man in a suit, seated behind a receptions desk. The said man looks up at the sound of the footsteps and politely greets Bella. "Good evening miss, how can I help you?"

The man in his fifties smiles warmly at her and Bella's nerves ease a bit. Even though he is a complete stranger, he has that happy and warm aura that makes her feel welcomed. "Um hello. I'm looking for Mr. Hart." She walks closer to the man, surprised that there is a receptionist since this is only a building and not a hotel. But the building looks fancy and it looks like not everybody can come in here.

"Oh, you're looking for Mr. Hart? Are you a fan of his?"

Bella shakes her head and replies quickly. "No, no. I'm supposed to work for him."

The man nods as his lips form an 'o' shape in realization. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry for asking you that but there is a lot of girls coming here because of him so I have to check who I let in." He chuckles and shakes his head as Bella nods in understanding.

"You can go to the 11th floor. His door is on your right when you leave the elevator." He leads Bella towards the elevator that is facing the entrance door of this building and presses the button to call it.

Bella thanks him as she walk in and he smiles again before walking back towards his desk. When she reaches the 11th floor she steps out in the hallway and looks to the right. There is only one door on that side and two on the left. She walks to the right and heaves a sigh before she rings the doorbell. Nervousness traveling through her body.

After some seconds the door finally opens. "You again."

_______________________

Hey guys!

So here's the new chapter!

If there are any spelling or grammar mistakes, please let me know in the comments

If you liked this chapter, please vote

Have a good day/night 💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20M 557K 55
"You just have no idea." His voice was thick with restraint. "W-what," I breathed. His gaze flicked to my lips as his thumb stroked again. The call...
1.7M 53.2K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
96.1K 3.4K 32
(LOVE'S SPECTRUM BOOK ONE) I've been awake for a few minutes, I'm just lying there loving the feeling of my angel in my arms. I feel her move and her...
129K 2.4K 21
"Nobody can find out how wet I make your pussy, Is that what you're saying?" "I don't even know you for gods sake." He laughed, "Maybe not but you wa...