Friends For Life

excuse_my_charisma által

Several years have passed, as Max has tried to live without the comforting arms of her husband. She's managed... Több

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 22

492 32 2
excuse_my_charisma által

❃Max's POV❃

"Ooh, thanks for such a wonderful break girl!"

"Yess, we had so much fun! I love your house, and Cali is so beautiful."

"Thank you lovies!"

"We need to do this again real soon."

"Yess, but this time when it's warm enough to go swimming!" Taylor enthused.

I laughed a bit, before seeing my peoples off. I instructed them each to call me soon as they land back where they live, before I hopped in my car. Initially I wanted them all to stay until New Year's, but they were missing their children (and Jacob had to go back home for work), so I didn't hesitate to help then pack and take their flights.

I was pulling in my driveway, turning off my car when I stopped in my tracks. It was dark when I first left the house, now the sun is slightly peaking over the horizon. It was quiet on the street while everyone slept. A closed-mouth smile came to my lips as I realized my two sons AND husband were inside, all waiting to start their day as a family.

I felt giddy, as I hopped out the car and locked it before going inside. I set my keys on the counter and placed my purse on one of the kitchen chairs. After, I went upstairs and straight for my room, where I saw Ray knocked out on his side of the bed. He was lightly snoring, but I didn't care. I missed it. I unzipped my jacket and threw it on the floor, followed by my sweats. I had on shorts underneath, along with a t-shirt. I climbed in bed, next to my husband, laying my head on his chest. It felt good to feel his heartbeat and breathe in his scent, especially after a busy week.

⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜

I woke up five hours later. I could see the waves crash ashore outside with the sun shining super bright this morning. I was still laying on Ray's chest, and when I looked up I noticed his eye patch first. Of course, when I first saw it that day at the hospital, I wanted to know what it was. I just didn't want to be rude, or embarrass him. But we're alone now, so I'm thinking he'll be a little more comfortable.

Trying to be slick, I slowly reached up with my right hand, to take a peak and see what was underneath. It was lifted a bit, but Ray stopped me before I could see anything.

"You not slick..." he groaned, looking down at me. Damn. I just smiled through the child's play.

"But you still love me." I insisted, crawling up to his face and giving him a morning kiss. We may not have brushed our teeth, but did it matter?

"Why wouldn't I?"

He put his arms around me, and pressed for another kiss while turning us over so he was on top. We continued kissing, me wrapping my legs around his waist as his hands traveled up and down my thighs. Before I knew it, he was shirtless and I was pantsless. He pressed his lower half closer to mine and I knew it was about to go down. At least, until the phone rang.

Neither of us wanted to stop but it could've been important.

"Wait, let me answer it." I said, pushing Ray aside. He groaned and fell beside me, while I pressed the receiver to my ear.

"Hello?"

There was no response, so I initiated again. For a long time, there still wasn't a response, but I could hear the other person breathing. I started feeling weird, and Ray could tell.

"Who is it?"

I asked again, hoping to get an actual answer. But the caller hung up before I could. I looked at the phone, before putting it back on the hook.

"I don't know, they never said anything..."

Ray's eyebrow raised.

"...Maybe they had the wrong number."

"Who knows?" I shrugged. I kissed Ray's lips a few times, before getting out of bed headed for the bathroom.

"So I guess we not finishing what we started, huh?"

"Nah, we got too much work to do..." I played along, slowly teasing him. As bad as I wanted to stay in bed with him all day and do absolutely nothing, there were a few things that needed to be done around the house.

"Damn, just when I thought I was on vacation..." he stated, hopping off the bed and headed for the bathroom behind me.

"Ain't no vacation bih." I said in my best Plies voice. He laughed before starting to wash up.

✠Ray's POV✠

I was surprised the dogs didn't try to kill me. I was in their cage, pouring their food into their bowls while they circled around me. They were some big ass dogs, and they didn't seem to have a problem with me.

Once their bowls were full, I set the bag of dog food down and watched them eat for a minute. I headed back inside when I felt they would be fine for now. Next I was supposed to mow the lawn, but I wanted to get something to drink. Meanwhile, the phone rang and Max answered it.

"Hello?"

I minded my business, when Riley came downstairs with the vacuum cleaner.

"Mom."

Max put her finger up. She had a confused look on her face, as she just shook her head and hung up the phone.

"Who was it?"

"The same person from earlier. Playing on my damn phone..." She fussed.

"Mom!"

"What is it, Riley?"

"Rayan still sleep, and he won't help me clean the bathroom."

She groaned loudly, and begun to walk upstairs, but I stopped her.

"Hold on, I'll wake him up." I insisted.

"Thank you."

I walked upstairs, past Riley, who went to get the bucket and fill it with water. I knocked on Rayan's door before just walking in. The first thing that hit me was the smell, but I toughed it out and walked over to his bed, where he was knocked.

"Rayan....wake up son."

It took him a minute to get up, and when he did he gave me a lost look, before turning over.

"Rayan, I'm not playing. Wake up, you got chores."

"...Go away." He grunted.

Strike one.

I sighed, and just shook it off. I ripped the covers off his scrawny body and yanked him out the bed. He landed on the floor with a thud, and probably a sharp pain running through his backside.

"What the hell...?!"

"I told you to wake up, now go help ya brother clean the bathroom. It's disgusting..."

"That hurt, man!"

"Well after you clean up, ya mother can kiss it for you. Get in that bathroom." I lastly said, before walking back downstairs to mow the front lawn.

"What was that?"

"Nothing."

She looked at me, before going back to washing dishes. I headed into the garage to pull out the lawn mower. I brought it outside and pulled the lever to get it started. Out the corner of my eye I could see a red car cruising down the street. I had this weird feeling, but when it passed the driver was just some kid. I shook my head and went back to minding my business.

⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜⇝⇜

I sat on the living room couch, a cold drink in one hand and the remote in the other. After all this house work, a nigga was beat. I searching for something good to watch, when Max came in through the back door.

"You look how I feel." I said. She came and sat on the other side of the couch, putting her feet up on my lap.

"Gee thanks. What are you watching?"

"I don't know, some movie.

"Hmm. I'm so tired. I need a vacation from the vacation."

I slightly laughed, but somewhere off in the distance I heard a scuffle sound. I think Max heard it too, cause she turned around.

"What was that?"

"...I don't know. Probably one of the boys."

I had this skeptic feeling, but it went away when Max maneuvered herself on my lap. She had her arms around my neck as she straddled me.

"So how does it feel to finally be home?"

"Fantastic. After fourteen years, I been dreaming about this moment."

She planted her lips on mine, while I held onto her lower back, tossing the remote aside. She massaged her fingers through my locks, and things started getting heated real quick. That night in my mother's shed won't be shit compared to right now. Fourteen years of not being able to even touch my wife, and I was ready to let it all out and possibly get her pregnant again. But then the phone started ringing, for the fifth time today, and she tried to break away.

"Don't answer it..." I commanded. I tugged at her shirt, but was hesitant.

"But what if it's important?"

"Trust me, this is much more important."

I took off my shirt and she ignored the constant ringing. I'm surprised the boys didn't answer it, but then again I'm not surprised. The phone has rang all damn day, and whenever one of us picks it up to answer, the caller doesn't respond. All that could be heard is their light breathing, and maybe a clicking sound. We hang up after calling out three times, but this person has been persistent and I'm thinking about calling the police. But not for an hour or so.

I had lifted Max's shirt over her head, so she only had on her bra. She unzipped my pants and started playing in my boxers. I was about to do the same with her, but the phone started to ring again. We both became frustrated, and I finally decided I would end this by seeing who was playing on my phone, like they pay the bill. However, I relaxed when I realized who was on the other line. I quickly fixed my clothes, but it wasn't like she could see.

"Ray?"

"Mom? Hey, why you calling so late, isn't it-"

She started to sob, and I freaked out because I haven't really heard my mother cry the way she did. She sounded hurt, when usually she cries tears of joy.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

Max came over and leaned against my shoulder, trying to hear the conversation. She could probably hear the unsettledness in my voice.

"It's your father..." she uttered through her tears.

"What about him, what happened?"

"...He died, Ray."

My body went numb for a minute. my chest started to hurt and it became a little hard to breathe.

"When?"

"Last night, around two or three in the morning." Her crying stopped but she was sniffing like crazy.

I didn't really say anything.

"What happened?" Max asked, pulling her shirt over her head.

"...Ray?"

"Huh?"

"I was wondering if you, Max and the boys would be able to make it to the funeral in a week."

I took a deep breath.

"Yeah, I think we can do that."

"Okay, good. I'll take care of everything, so you don't have to worry."

"You sure, cause I ca-"

"Yes, I'm sure. I just need to see my family."

"I understand. Look ma, I'll call you back okay?"

"Okay. I love you Ray."

"Love you too, ma."

I hung up and looked at a puzzled Max.

"Baby, what happened?"

I pressed my back against the counter, cause it felt like my legs would give out any minute. My father and I had our falling outs for a whole chunk of my life, but we were just starting to see eye to eye. It didn't really make sense.

But then again, since when did death make sense...?

"That was my mom. She called to tell me my father just died."

Max covered her mouth in shock.

"Oh my god, h-how did he die?!"

"She didn't say, but she's already planning the funeral to be sometime next week."

"Ray, I'm so sorry."

She hugged me, burying her head into my chest. I wasn't on the verge of breaking down, but I also wasn't in a content mood.

"How are we gonna tell the boys?"

"We should probably wait until after New Year's."

"Good idea."

Eh, I was gonna write more but I changed my mind.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1.9K 65 34
Rayna has been physically, mentally, and verbally abused for years by the very people that should have kept her safe. What happened next sends Rayna...
149K 2K 34
Ali, normal teenager, 15 year old girl is a very talented pianist and is an only child. Her mother died at the age of two. It's just her and her Dad...
2K 55 40
Kid and Lo are used to doing jobs on their own so when the get a mission with a group of boys it throws them off. These two girls think its going to...
71.4K 991 61
A Mindless Behavior Story! A Sequel to my original story "The Young & The Mindless"! Melody and Travis are getting a little rocky. Prodigy may finall...