Pure Tears. Pure Love. Pure P...

By ameliabarnesx

When Y/n moves into Avengers Tower on the same day as Steve's best friend, you and Bucky become fast friends... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

2.8K 96 87
By ameliabarnesx

December 15th was round the corner quicker than you had expected. Suddenly, today was the last day before you and Bucky were left alone and you had no idea where the time had gone. From last week's argument, to spending everyday alone in your room to avoid him. And now Bruce was packing up his car and you were handing him his bags, and he was the last one to leave.

"Have fun in Canada!" you said, though your voice was honeyed as you spoke. "Don't have too much fun without me,"

Bruce smiled. "Don't worry I plan to catch up on some reading and watch tv. Maybe take some walks in the snow round the forest," you smiled, trying not to picture yourself doing that. It sounded so peaceful. Because here you were dreading going back inside when Bruce had gone because you would officially be alone.

When he had finished packing his bags, Bruce hugged you tightly. You held him back and didn't let go for a while. You didn't say anything as he let go and got in his car, you felt so completely and utterly alone. Like this tidal wave was washing over you and drowning you and you had absolutely no way to get up to the surface for air. It felt like Bucky had been your only air, and now the waves were dragging you down and he was nowhere to save you.

Bruce had driven away soon after, and you found yourself hesitating to go back inside. You could see Bucky's new girlfriend and her friends behind the desk, and one of them turned to stare at you. She waved at you mockingly and smiled sarcastically. You just looked away, you took your phone out your pocket to text Sam to ask about his offer but after typing out a message and hesitating over the send button you placed it back in the pocket of your jeans.

You opened the door to the tower, and noticed Bucky in reception. He was stood by the tree with his new girlfriend, his hands around her waist and smiling at her. You looked away, looking at the floor and blinking back tears.

Your phone rang as you waited by the elevator. You knew Bucky, his girlfriend and the girls at the desk had all turned to stare at you. You quickly answered, turning to look at the wall. "What's up?" Sam asked you as you answered. "Because you've started typing and sent no message about five times this morning alone,"

"Sam..." you stifled a cry as a tear rolled down your cheek. "I don't know what to do,"

"Come down and spend time with me and my family, they'll love you I promise. You can't stay at the tower, it's not good for you," Sam was so sweet it made you want to cry more. "You got that?"

You blinked back your tears, "thank you Sam," you whispered, smiling into your phone. You had no idea what you had done to deserve a friend like Sam but you knew that you would never let him go. He was there for you, time after time. And it was the sweetest thing anyone had ever done for you.

"Pack your bag, get your car and I'll text you the address," he said, "Ignore Bucky, Ignore the mean girls at the front desk and just come here. My nephews will love you,"

"Thank you," you said quietly again as the elevator doors opened. You stood by the back wall, studying the live picture of Times Square. It was still snowing, and trees were dusted white. Just as the doors started closing, a hand grabbed them. Please don't be Bucky. Please don't be Bucky.

It was in fact Bucky.

Him and his girlfriend to be specific. They both realised you were stood in the back corner when the doors opened properly. "Oh," Bucky said, as he shuffled closer to his girlfriend.

"I um..I didn't catch your name," you said to the girl, who clearly felt uncomfortable. "What was it?"

She looked at Bucky, before looking at you. Her eyes were narrowed, and a small smirk on her face. You shrugged, not bothering to fight back. "It's Rose," she said, turning to smile sweetly at Bucky.

"Ah," you responded, "Bucky your dating a 95 year old grandma," he glared at you, as the elevator stopped. "Nice talking to you Rose,"

When you got back to your room, you put a few items in a suitcase. Some hoodies, joggers, jeans, shoes and shirts. You found some make-up you hadn't opened in a while and chucked it in too. Once you had made your bed and tidied your room you made a coffee in the kitchen and grabbed the keys for your car.

Once you had thrown your bag into the back of the car and sat in the driver's seat you opened the text from Sam. You typed the address into your phone and drove away as the directions started. You were so focused on the road you didn't even notice the texts coming through from the team.

Tony
Y/N you sighed out for three weeks?

Nat
Everything okay?

Bucky
I saw her earlier but she seemed fine

Steve
What did you do?

Bucky
Nothing

Tony
That doesn't matter
Has anyone heard from her?

Sam
Before. This morning

Bruce
Maybe she's taking some space

Wanda
Why? Was she okay this morning?

Bruce
She seemed a little upset
Spacing out and anxious

Bucky
She seemed fine before

Nat
You talked to her?

Wanda
What did you say?

Bucky
I said nothing

Nat
That sounds like a lie

Bucky
She met rose

Tony
Who's rose?

Bucky
My girlfriend?

Nat
Oh yeah the desk bitch

Bucky
She's not a bitch
Your always taking y/ns side

Sam
Dude shut the fuck up

Nat
Let me know if anyone hears anything

Wanda
Same here

It got dark quickly, and you were still driving same as this morning. Your coffee had run out a couple hours back so you stopped for more and grabbed some food too. You felt peaceful when driving, no one was there to bother you but you were too distracted to get lost in your thoughts. Your music was loud and you hummed along as you swerved between traffic.

It was about 6am when you got to the address Sam had given you. It was a small town, located by the waters. Sam's sister's house was located a five minute drive away from the centre, and was near a small woods.

You parked the car behind two in the driveway and walked up to the front of the house. There was a porch with two bikes out front, and you knocked on the door. Sam opened quickly, and let you in without a word.

Two kids were sat at the kitchen table eating cereal as you walked in. Sam's sister was zipping up lunchboxes and smiled widely at you. "You must be y/n?" she said, shaking your hand as you stepped forward "I'm Sarah it's so nice to meet you,"

"Thank you for letting me stay," you replied, smiling brightly. "I really didn't mean to impose on your Christmas,"

She laughed, "nonsense," she handed her kids their lunch, "Unfortunately we don't have another guest room, so the couch may have to do,"

"It's no problem, I'm just grateful you're letting me stay here,"

"You can leave your bags in Sam's room and use his mirror and stuff, just let me know if you need anything?" you nodded gratefully as she said goodbye to her kids. They waved to you and Sam, before heading out the door. "Those are Cass and AJ, they're annoying but they'll be fine with you here. I have to head into town to grab some stuff, Sam said he would put the lights on the roof but hasn't yet, if you don't mind helping,"

You laughed as Sam scoffed, "that's fine, thank you again," you said, "oh I'll er grab my stuff and move my car before you leave,"

About an hour later you sat on the roof of Sarah's house, as Sam shouted up at you. There were so many tangled lights in your hands and all over the roof that you had lost track of what you were doing. Sam shouted to throw down half of the first set of lights, and you just pulled on a random set of lights. About three different types tumbled down and off the roof, you flinched.

"Fuck," you heard Sam say as they clattered to the ground. "How are we doing this wrong?" He shouted up at you.

"I've never put up Christmas lights before," you shouted back. "So technically, by process of elimination, this is all your fault," you moved out the way as a new box of lights was thrown at you. "This isn't solving anything Samuel,"

Wanda
Anyone heard from y/n yet?

Tony
Nope

Bucky
She's not come back to the tower
Since I last checked anyway

Nat
so about the last time we discussed this

Bucky
So kind

Steve
Tony can't you track the car?

Tony
No I take trackers off personal cars

Wanda
What

Tony
It's her car, not Stark Industries or Avengers

Nat
So we have no way of contacting her

Bucky
Checked her room, empty
Some clothes gone too

Nat
What could that mean?

Tony
What happened last time she took off

Wanda
She won't do that again

Bucky
Wouldn't put it past her

Nat
She came back because of you Bucky

Wanda
So now your gone? She might go too?

Nat
Okay has anyone heard from her yet

Tony
Has anyone heard from Sam either

Bucky
Why?

Tony
I don't know something he mentioned

Bucky
Which was...?

Tony
He invited her to stay with him and his family

Nat
He did what?

Bruce
That could be it
She seemed upset this morning

Wanda
Okay so she could be with Sam

Vision
Let's not worry
Wanda can we go to the beach now?

Wanda
Okay keep us updated

Nat
I'll keep calling before we head out

Tony
I'll see if I can override the cars system

Bruce
Try her phone

Tony
Switched off

Nat
Okay we'll keep us all updated

About two hours later you and Sam had managed to set up the fairy lights, which went around the trim of the roof. They also dangled from the trim, and another set wrapped around the windows of the top floor. Sam and you had even fixed little reindeers pulling a Santa in his sleigh across the top of the roof.

You were sat in front of the fire drinking coffee, Sam came in holding his phone. "Whole team is worried about where you are?" he threw you his phone and you read through the messages before responding to them all.

Sam
It's y/n. I'm okay guys ❤️

Because this time you truly felt okay.

Author's Note: sorry this took so long. I have mock exams in two weeks and I've been revising at every opportunity. Anyway I hope you liked the texting parts cos I wasn't sure about them. I'll try and keep a regular post schedule after my exams. Sorry to keep you all waiting 💖

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.1K 2.8K 26
"I kneel into a dream where I am good and loved. I am loved. My hands have made some good mistakes. They can always make better ones." - Natalie Wee ...
714K 17.5K 40
You are one badass assassin. The deadliest one alive. You're also Steve Rogers' long lost younger sister. When Steve and the Avengers find you single...
1.1M 28.9K 69
You're a 25-year-old girl living in Brooklyn along with your childhood best friends Steve and Bucky, and you're working at the SSR with your cousin P...
510K 11.5K 26
This is the sequel to 'The Billionaire's daughter' You had lost everything, and your life was slowly falling apart. The false hope that Bucky could...