Elation From Sudden Royalty (...

By four4ce

UNIVERSITY ROYALTIES #2 Isabella Alvarez, a Bachelor of Science in Psychology student from Cosmopolitan Unive... More

I. READ
II. ABOUT
III. CHARACTERS
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Elation From Sudden Royalty
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 30

710 23 0
By four4ce

Elation From Sudden Royalty (University Royalties #2) - Chapter 29

HIS POV

"Papakasalan kita, Chandra." 

I've been giving signals to Chandra, but she never seem to get it. I chose to be straight forward this time.

I gritted my teeth and bit my lip, I was freely doing so because we're only in a phone call. As much as I want to come to her, the royal family wouldn't allow me to leave the palace, I felt like I was in my own jail. 

"Ah, Austin..." Kinabahan ako sa sasabihin niya, para kasing nag-iisip siya. "Hindi tayo p'wede. Tsaka, bakit naman tayo ikakasal, bestfriends tayo 'di ba?" she laughed in the other line.

Kahit pala straight forward na, magagawa pa ring umiwas ng babaeng ito. Na-sobrahan sa pagka-manhid.

May sasabihin pa sana ako pero may kumatok sa pintuan ng kwarto ko. Bumukas ang pinto at dumungaw si Manang Melinda. "Your Highness, the King and Queen has something important to tell you. Please come with me."

Pinatay ko ang tawag na may halong inis. I knew what news was coming for me, yet I have no choice but to obey.

"We called for you because we think it's time for you to be ready for marriage."

I crossed my eyebrows when the king told me that, when I looked at lola, she seemed to be in favor of it as well. Wala na ba talaga akong takas?

"I think I'm not in the right age yet," palusot ko. "I have not even graduated college, there's still a lot in store for me, and I'd like to live my life that way."

I didn't know why they were insisting me to get married, si Ares dapat ang ikakasal. Bakit ako?

"Your future was already planned the day you were born to this family. You can't escape from that, Trevor," seryosong saad ng hari. "Besides, you said you didn't want your older brother hurting the succeeding Queen, that's why we chose you. You're the most decent one among the three, I know you will never disappoint us. Am I right?"

There was silence in the 4-walled room. I knew that this decision would affect my entire life, this is marriage for Christ's sake, but they're talking about it rashly as if they're just selling me in the wet market in exchange for power.

It sucks being an Arellano.

"Kumusta ka naman diyan, bro?" Isaac asked. I decided to call him because I was frustrated, I thought that maybe he could help me or give me advice, at least.

"Fuck, ikakasal ka?" he sounded shocked.

"Yeah, unfortunately," I answered.

"Paano na iyan? Paano na kayo ni Andrea?" he asked. My eye brows furrowed because of it.

"Andrea? Ano'ng paano kami? What does Andrea got to do with my arranged marriage?" 

"Mas okay siguro kung sa kaniya mo malalaman." I became confused because of Lucian Isaac's sudden change of tone. Parang playing safe.

Biglang tumawag si Andrea sa isa ko pang phone kaya nag-paalam na rin ako kay Isaac kaagad. Honestly, Andrea was like a sister to me, including Aurora and Nadia whom I've known since elementary. Isaac and Daniel were my main male friends when I entered college. While Chandra... was a different story. I wanted her to be more than just a friend, but no matter how many signals I give her, she never gives in to me. I assumed that she's not interested in love, or maybe she has her eyes set on someone else.

"You're marrying Isabella Alvarez? Who's that?" tanong ni Andrea mula sa kabilang linya.

"I don't know. I don't care too. I can't marry a girl I just met, but it's my lolo's orders. Even my parents want me to do this. I didn't want to be a prince, ayaw ko nito."

"You're a crown prince, Austin. Shouldn't you be happy? Not everyone has the chance to become a prince!" Andrea tried to cheer me up, but it didn't work. I know how to appreciate things, but it's just that, I only want a simple life, not a life that's grand yet full of pressure and expectations I needed to reach so that I would not disappoint anyone.

"It's just privilege, Andrea. Hindi ko kailangan ng kayamanan. And I don't need fame either. Fame and money doesn't last anyways. I'd rather be an ordinary man," I answered, trying to educate her as well. Andrea has always been materialistic, but I couldn't blame her for that because her parents were emotionally not present for her and even failed to appreciate her achievements, and they chose to give her material things to fill in the void. Unlike me, Andrea chose to appreciate the money and privilege she had, instead of complaining.

"So, what's your plan?"

 "I'm... I'm just going to follow what they want. I don't want to see my family sad, even if I have to give up my own happiness for it."

"When are you going to leave Arelle?" she asked.

"Mamaya," I lied. I've actually been here in the Philippines for almost a week, but I didn't tell anyone except Chandra. I wanted to make things sink in first.

***

"Sir, today we're going to your fiancée's home. It's a royal order made by the king," saad ng secretary ng hari na sumama sa akin ngayon. I just gave him a nod and looked at the car's window as we travelled.

I knew I was not marrying a rich heiress, but I did not expect that the woman I'm marrying was living in the residential area which has developed without legal claims to the land and/or permission from the concerned authorities to build, or in short- a squatter's area.

Though I did not feel disgusted or anything, wala namang nakaka-diri sa mga mahirap, I actually envied them because they can live the way they want, though they did not have the privilege to do other things so I pitied them as well.

The royal guard opened the limousine's door for me and escorted me out. I could see the people staring at me in awe in my peripheral view. They must be wondering why a prince is in their area.

I was bloodshot when I heard the sound of men inside my so-called fiancée's house which was a small home with a garage in front. Wala ring pintura ang bahay nila. It was enough to sleep and live at, so I guess their house is actually okay.

"The crown prince of Arelle, Prince Austin," the Royal Secretary bowed down to me and escorted me to the inside of their home. I raised my right hand to signal them silence.

"I'll pay," mahinahong sabi ko. I heard the men harrassing them to pay their debt. "Drop the amount. I'll pay all of their debts, lagyan mo pa ng interest. Just say the price, I'll pay. Now."

"Why are you here? Sino nagpa-tawag sa'yo dito? At tsaka, ba't ikaw ang mag-babayad? Sa tingin mo may nilalang pang gagawa niyan para sa ibang 'di naman niya kilala. Bigla-bigla kayong napasok sa bahay namin! Uutuin niyo pa kami!" Napailing na lang ako dahil sa babaeng ratraterang naka-luhod sa harapan ko. I bet she's the woman I'm marrying, since she's the only girl residing in this small house.

I glanced at her and honestly, maganda siya.  She has a slim build and has an almost-white skin tone. She has earthy colored eyes and dark hair. She has wonderful big eyes which look exceptionally engaging and long smooth hair. She has an exceptionally appealing character. Maingay nga lang at nakaka-irita ang boses.

"Ano bang kalokohan 'to? Prinsipe? Ikaw ba 'yong nasa balita kanina? Nakita ko 'yun, eh! 'Yong prinsipe. Kamukha mo," the bald guy stated which looked like their gang's leader. Hawak-hawak niya rin sa kwelyuhan ang babaeng papakasalan ko.

"Of course I look like that prince, I'm that prince. My time is being wasted. P'wede ba? Let's finish this business. Magkano ba? And, can you let go of them? It's pathetic to see men taking advantage of their strength to hurt other people," iritadong sabi ko.

Nag-labas ako ng card kasabay ng limpak-limpak na cash at tinapon iyon sa pag-mumukha noong kalbo. Hinawakan ko rin siya sa kwelyuhan upang gantihan. "The next time I see you will be your last breath. Papatayin kita at alam kong alam mo na kaya kong totohanin iyon," pag-babanta ko sa kanila. 

Kumawala naman ang kalbo at nag-tatakbo hawak ang pera na tinapon ko, pati ang mga alipores niya ay sumunod dahil sa takot. Napatingin naman ako sa pamilya nilang naka-luhod at nag-papagpag para tumayo. They were a family of four, her dad didn't have that much hair and white hair was also growing from his head, her mom looked so much like her, Isabella looked like the breadwinner of their family, and she has a younger brother... I think his name is Nathaniel from what my secretary mentioned. I actually have brief information about the family I'm marrying into even without meeting them in actual.

Nag-pagpag ako dahil sa dumi na nahawakan ko. The royal guard also sprayed alcohol on my hands and when I was done, tumalikod na ako at akmang lalabas na ng gate ng bahay nila. It's a pity that I have not introduced myself yet to the family I'm marrying into, but I just think it's the right time to do so. That's enough trouble for today.

"Anong kailangan mo? Bakit ka nandito?" Napalingon ako nang marinig ko na naman ang nakaka-iritang boses na iyon. "At isa pa, paano mo natukoy ang bahay namin? Anong kapalit ng pagbabayad mo ng mga pagkakautang namin? Imposibleng wala. Wala nang libre ngayon sa mundo—"

I sighed heavily. "Marry me, Isabella." 

Napa-atras ako nang biglang may nag-tatalon na manok sa harapan ni Isabella. Napa-iling na lang ako at nag-paalam na sa kaniya para umalis. I can't handle this environment anymore

***

"The royal family wants you to court the succeeding Crown Princess, Your Highness. They want you to do everything you can to make her fall for you," saad ng assistant na kasabay ko na naman sa sasakyan. 

I sighed. "Is that even necessary? She will end up marrying me no matter what, it's for their financial state anyway."

"Yes. It is necessary, Your Highness," the assistant opposed me. He was an old man, and his hair is turning white that's why I couldn't help but view him as a senior even if he was the one serving me. I also obeyed him just like how I obey the royalties. "Every girl wants to feel loved. That lady is offering her whole life to you even if she does not love you, she deserves at least the bare minimum," the assistant lectured me. 

"Stop the car," angil ko sa driver. "Just leave me here." 

They didn't know what I was up to, but the driver followed my order and the assistant also opened the limousine's door for me. I wore a black facemask when I was already outside to avoid people recognizing me and went inside of the Flower Shop I spotted.

"Give me the most expensive bouquet you have here," I commanded as I went inside. 

Napa-tingin sa'kin ang Flower Shop owner. "Good afternoon, sir! Sigurado po ba kayo?"

Tumango na lang ako at na-upo sa coach na nandoon sa Flower Shop. It smells like a mix of coffee and flowers here because this Flower Shop is also a Coffee Shop that's why it had an aesthetic vibe. Moon and Stars Flower Shop + Cafe.

"Sigurado po ba kayo na pinaka-mahal ang bibilhin niyo? If this is for your girlfriend, you should choose the most meaningful flowers, and not the most expensive ones." Ngumiti sa'kin ang Flower Shop owner. Napa-iwas na lang ako ng tingin, ayaw ba niya na kumita ng malaki?

"Then, prepare me the most meaningful flowers instead," I spoke. I closed my eyes while I was waiting. I couldn't care less about kind of flowers she will prepare, this is for the woman I just met, why would I even care?

Pagka-tapos kong kunin ang bulaklak mula sa babae, napatingin ako doon dahil sa kakaibang combination. It was a combination of red and purple tulips, it doesn't even look good to me. Ang sakit sa mata ng color combination. Ano naman ang meaning nito? Napa-iling na lang ako.

 Nag-bayad na ako kaagad sa owner. I didn't wait for the change and immediately walked out of the shop. Halos nasa tapat lang ng Flower Shop Cafe ang University kaya kaunting lakad lang, nakarating na rin ako agad sa harap ng CUA.

While waiting for Isabella's dismissal, I searched up online on the meaning of the flowers.

Red tulips means true love.

Purple tulips means royalty.

If you combine them together, it will be a true love out of royalty.

How did that Flower Shop woman knew that I was a royalty? Naka-suot naman ako ng facemask.

Napatingin ako sa gate ng University nang makitang kanina pa pala andoon si Isabella, pero may kausap siyang lalaki. The guy was wearing the uniform of the rival University of ours.

My eyebrows furrowed when Isabella was about to leave but the man hugged her from the back of her waist. I didn't know what was up to me but I was full of rage seeing it.

After I asked her to marry me, this is how she'll treat me back?

"Ay, ano 'to? Thank you." Binigay ko na lang ang bouquet na hawak ko sa isang babaeng palabas rin ng University at tumalikod na lang ako para umalis, I was really furious. 

"Bakit ka nagalit?" Tumawa si Isaac nang i-kwento ko sa kaniya. "Akala ko ba si Chandra ang gusto, pero bakit parang..."

"Hindi ko siya gusto, okay?" depensa ko agad bago pa tapusin ni Isaac ang sasabihin niya.

"I like Chandra..." binulong ko sa sarili ko, convincing myself. "Yeah, that's right. Hindi ko siya gusto."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

189 63 19
"Feed your spirit with God words."
4.3K 128 29
Luke Lavapiez's playboy's wife Cynthia Bautista. Luke has a different woman every day and is seen as a playboy. Luke's ex-girlfriend, who is also Cyn...
1.6M 93.8K 87
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
543K 58.3K 24
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...