Runaway

By PLCMD1

More

Runaway
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
Epilogue

chapter 21

422 14 0
By PLCMD1

Chapter twenty-one

EMMA’S POV

Oh god I was tired. I had been walking around the mall for hours when I finally just had enough and sat down. I pulled out my new phone and texted Zander and Cecilia letting them know this is where they could now reach. Soon after I got a call from Zander.

“Hey.”

“Where are you?”

“At the mall, I needed to get out, you?”

“Home, I was about o go see you to tell you I just spoke to Antonio.”

My body suddenly felt hot at the sound of his name with memories of what he had done to me before I left.

“Oh I didn’t know you two were friends.”

“Before we left I gave him my number and he called not too long ago asking how you were since he didn’t have your number.”

“What did you tell him?”

“I told him that I would come and see you. He asked that you call him.”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“He figured you would say that so he asked me to tell you that if he can’t talk to you then he’s going to come down here and see you.”

“No!”

I quickly covered my mouth watching as everyone looked at me like I was crazy or something.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to yell.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Please tell him not to come.”

“I think you should tell him.”

“I can’t.”

“Why not?’

“Because it’s not right.”

“Emma…”

“Please? I swear I will never ask anything of you again.”

“No Emma, I really think you should talk to him or I’m sure he will be here in a heartbeat if you don’t.”

I let out a breath and leaned against my purse on my lap.

“I can’t.”

“Try okay?”

“You don’t understand it’s not that I don’t want to…”

“Then what is it?”

“It means that if I start now I know I won’t be able to stop later and I can’t do that. I’m married and pregnant.”

“You love him?”

“I don’t think so, he’s just different. My body reacts to him in way that I’ve never thought I could and with just a mention of his name. I find myself dreaming about him and me… It’s not right and I know it’s just the hormones talking. I don’t want to hurt him, he deserves someone good and pure and not married and not pregnant.”

“I don’t think he cares and you are pure, so stop thinking you are not. What happened was not your fault.”

“Can you please just tell him?”

“He’s not going to listen o me.”

“Try?”

He let out a sigh and I knew I had him.

“Thank you, I owe you big.”

“Huge!”

“Bye.”

I hung up and gathered my things and went home to find him in the living room putting something together. He noticed me coming up and smiled that smile that use to make me weak in the knees, but I ignored it and kept walking until he got up and ran over to me, stopping me.

“Hi!”

He took my bags and put them to the side then took my hand pulling me into the living room.

“I got something.”

“I pulled my hand away and looked around, picking up the instructions lying around with wooden pieces scattered around the living room floor.

“Do you like it? It’s a crib for the baby!”

I nodded, dropping the instruction back onto the floor and stepped away, grabbing my bags once again.

“You don’t like it?”

“Does it matter?”

“Of course it matters.”

“Then you shouldn’t have bought it without me.”

I was just about to step up into the staircase when he grabbed my wrist.

“Like you told me that you went to the doctor to hear our daughter’s heartbeat and find out what she was?”

 ‘Daughter?’

I pushed my wolf back and snapped my hand away from him.

“Last time I checked you didn’t care where I went as long as you didn’t have to see me.”

“Emma…”

“Oh shut up. I can’t believe you went behind my back.”

“I had a right to know.”

“No you DON’T! You lost your right a long time ago, so take it back and everything else you bought, I don’t want it and I don’t need it.”

“I’m not taking anything back I have every right to buy her whatever she wants and needs.”

“Then I’ll burn it.”

I ran upstairs, but he stopped me as soon as I was in the room, wrapping his arms around me.

“Let go of me.”

“No not until you listen to me first.”

“I don’t care about anything you have to say!”

I tried to push him away, but he just turned me and kissed me. My body suddenly sparked, igniting the passion between us. The closeness of him sent shivers down my spine and the skin to skin contact was intense, but my heart was still broken which only caused me to cry.

 “I’m sorry, so sorry Emma.”

He pulled his lips away from mine and looked down at me.

“I was stupid and I wasn’t thinking, but I love you and that’s the truth.”

“Then why?”

“Because I’ve been in love with you for so long that I just thought you would have loved me the same. I’ve never loved anyone the way that I love you. I saw you grow up before my eyes and when you said those things to your sister they broke my heart.”

“But you wouldn’t even let me explain.”

“I know and that was the worst mistake I could have ever done. I pushed you away and I’m sorry. I’m sorry for everything and I know there’s no justification for my actions, but you have to know they meant nothing to me like you do.”

God did he have to go and mention them? I pulled away from him and turned around; I couldn’t even look at him.

“I will never be able to trust you again.”

“I know, but please just let me try to redeem myself. I was to prove to you, show you who I really an. I promise that I’ll be the best husband. I’ll take care of you; I’ll show you that I can be a good man to you and a great father to our baby.”

I shook my head, letting a sob escape from my mouth. This was too much for me, I wasn’t ready for this.

“I just don’t know if I can. There are just so many things that I can’t forgive. I went through four months of pain, sometimes to the point where I felt like our bond was ready to break and just the thought of you causing that with someone else is just…”

He tried to touch me, but I pulled my arm away.

“Don’t…”

“Emma please.”

“No! You don’t just get to force me back here and think that by giving me every promise and excuse in the book is just going to change that! I didn’t cheat on you that day, I didn’t leave you twelve hours after our wedding where you promised me that you would always be faithful and love me no matter what! I didn’t break my promises and I sure as hell didn’t go around trying to find someone to replace you every night! I gave you everything because I trusted you!”

“I know that, but we’re still married and we’re going to be a family! The lease you can do is try to forgive me!”

“How?! Put yourself in my shoes! What if I cheated on you?!”

I turned and looked at him

“But not just with one, but several others?”

“Is that what you want?”

I grunted and shoved him. 

“Get out of my face; I can’t do this, just get out!”

I got him far away from me and then started pacing back and forth rubbing my stomach because I knew I was getting myself worked up and stressing the baby out. I was so irritated with him and more at myself because I wanted him. I could feel myself want him more and more and being pregnant wasn’t helping either.

“I’m trying here, what is that you want from me?!”

“God, just get out.”

“No! I don’t want to live like this Emma! I love you and I want to make this work.”

“Then you should have thought about that before you screwed the entire town! I was perfectly happy where I was.”

“You mean Antonio?”

I stopped and looked up at him, shaking my head. He had no clue as to what he was talking about.

“You don’t know anything.”

“I know I could smell him all over you when I saw you and vice versa.”

“So what?! At least he was there and you should be thanking him because if it wasn’t for him you wouldn’t be having a kid right now. If it was up to me I wouldn’t be standing here trying to keep myself calm so I don’t hurt it because you don’t deserve it!”

“What’s going on here?”

I quickly turned around and took a deep breath, I didn’t want dad to see I was getting sick.

“Baby…”

“Don’t call me that.”

He signed and came up to me, but I stepped away as soon as I felt him reach out to me.

“And don’t touch me either.”

Just being near him was irritating me; this was so not the time to deal with him right now.

“Leave me alone.”

“I can’t do that, you’re my daughter.”

I smirked, looking up at him and realizing he wasn’t the father I thought he was.

“I hate you.”

“That’s fine.”

“Of course it is you’ll do anything to look good in front of everyone even if it meant hurting your own daughter in the process.”

“I’m doing what is best for you and this family.”

“Well I’d rather be a rogue then be your daughter.”

Next thing I knew his hand was flying across my cheek and lip, splitting it.

“You will NEVER speak to that way again! I am you FATHER and still Alpha of this PACK!

“YOU WILL NEVER SPEAK TO THAT WAY AGAIN! I AM YOUR FATHER AND STILL ALPHA OF THIS PACK!”

CECILIA’S POV

“Emma, I’m back!”

I made my way up the stairs when I heard the large slap.

“Oh my god Emma!”

Sure enough dad had slapped her right across the face which caused her lip to slip from how hard it was.

“Daddy, how could you?! She’s pregnant!”

I ran up to her, but she pulled away and ran into the bathroom.

“Emma!”

I looked back at dad 

“I can’t believe you just did that to her.”

“She needs to learn.”

“Learn?”

Oh I was tired of him always making it seem everything was for her own good when all he was doing was pushing her further away.

“Are you fucking kidding me right now? That’s all she’s been doing all her life is learn and from YOU! She looks up to you, admires you and this is how you treat her? After everything she’s been through the last thing she needs is her FATHER hitting her TOO, you might as well RAPE her too!”

I knew it was a mistake to throw that in his face, but I sick and tired of him pushing it aside like it was nothing. When he growled at me I stood my ground. I was dammed if he was going to kick me around too. 

“I would…”

“No, you did worse because you’re her father. The man who was always going to be there to protect her not hurt her.”

I shook my head and looked down then back at him.

“You were supposed to protect her and help her and all you’re doing is hurting her even more. Is your pride more important than your own daughter?”

“I love my daughter.”

His eyes were starting to well up, but I saw no regret and I knew he was faking it.

“I don’t think you do and I’m starting to believe you never did or Emma wouldn’t be there right now and he wouldn’t be here.”

I pointed at Xavier not daring to look at him or I would knock him out into next year.

“Look at him dad he didn’t even try to stop you before you stroked her! He doesn’t love her!”

“You don’t know that!”

I snapped my head and faced him feeling my wolf scratching, itching to come out and take care of him once and for all.

“Of course I do! I know everything you’ve been doing! This is a small town Xavier and small towns talk.”

“I don’t need to explain myself to you.”

“I would listen to you even if you tried because you’re just like your brother, a piece of SHIT!”

“I’M NOTHING LIKE MY BROTHER!”

“No you’re WORSE! At least your brother only stuck to one person unlike you, the whole town has had a piece of you!”

“Cecilia that’s ENOUGH!”

I laughed and looked back at dad, crossing my arms across my chest.

“Of course you would defend him, you’re just like him.”

He was about to raise his hand up to me when I stepped up to him.

“Go for it, I dare you. I’m not as naive as Emma; I know the truth of who you really are and what you’ve done. Mom forgave you only because she didn’t have anywhere else to go and because she loved you.

“And she will love Xavier the same way.”

“No she won’t because she’s already in love with someone else, someone worthy of her and I’m going to help her to get him.”

“You will NOT! I FORBID YOU!”

“You don’t tell me what to DO because you’re not my FATHER!

EMMA’S POV

I gasped as soon as it came out of her mouth. I jerked the door opened and came out.

“What did you just say?”

They all looked over at me while I went up to Cecilia.

“What did you say Cecilia?”

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, we were just arguing.”

“No, Sissy you promised never to lie to me, so tell me.”

I knew I had her when she looked down and sighed, letting her hands drop to each side of her. When she reached over to my stomach, she then looked at me with tears in her eyes.

“I’m your half sister; he’s not my real father.”

My heart dropped and I hugged her. It was basically the only think I could think of doing with a confession like that.

“I’m so sorry.”

Now I understood why dad always preferred me over her on everything. She had to work twice as hard, as for me I got everything handed to me.

“Hey, it’s okay.”

She wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek.

“Shhh… we’re still sisters no matter what and that baby is still my nephew or niece.”

“Niece.”

I pulled away and looked at her seeing fresh tears running down her face as she smiled.

“Niece?”

I nodded and we laughed.

“Oh that’s awesome Emma; you get to have a minnie me! Oh now we can go SHOPPING!”

 “Already did.”

“Without me?”

“I had to get out besides I went to see doctor Reece like you asked me to.”

“Good, I’m glad you’re doing the right thing.”

I shrugged, letting out a sigh.

“It’s going to okay, I’m here, and I promise I’ll be here for you.”

“I just…”

I sat on the bed and buried my face into my hands just as mom came in.

“What’s going on here? Why isn’t anyone ready, everyone is waiting?!”

Cecilia sat next to me handing me a tissue.

“Darlin’ we were just coming.”

I looked up at everyone and frowned. Where the hell was I going now?

“Going where?”

Cecilia sat next to me and wrapped her arm around me.

“Actually we weren’t, Emma isn’t feeling well and I don’t think she should be going out in the cold.”

“What’s wrong is the baby alright?”

I rolled my eyes, god does anyone care about how I feel? 

“She’s tired and it’s been a long day for her, she needs to take a nap.”

The baby was beginning to move and it kicked me hitting Cecilia at the same time making her gasp. I laughed and took her hand placing it on my stomach.

“Oh she’s a kicker.”

“She?”

“Yeah Emma and I are having a little baby girl.”

I looked at him and glared.

‘Wow, now you have something to say? I could have sworn you were hiding out back there.’

“OH HONEY CONGRATULATIONS!”

She made her way over to Xavier and hugged him.

‘At least someone’s happy.’

Then she made her way over to me, but I turned my face, getting up from the bed to get away from as much as possible.

“Oh my god Emma what happened to your face?”

She took a step to get closer, but I back away again.

“Can you not touch me, god you two are more alike than I thought.”

She snapped her head towards dad and growled.

“It was an accident.”

Yeah right!

“She has a split lip!”

“You are no better than me so don’t start with me Carolina!”

“Oh don’t you dare Carolina ME!”

The baby was really making a number to my organs and I knew it was because of all the yelling.

“Alright, stop it! You’re making the baby kick and it’s making me sick so just stop!”

Then she kicked my stomach and I ran to the restroom, letting everything out.

Cecilia immediately came to my aid and held my hair up for me.

“Emma…”

“Mom, get out.”

“She…”

“I got it, now go.”

“But what about the party? Everyone is waiting.”

“Will you just go, I’ll get her there just let her be for once, I got it.”

Once I got the baby to calm down she stopped kicking and I was able to breathe.

XAVIER’S POV

As soon as her mother came out and pointed for us to leave, I went into my room. I needed to process everything that just happened. This was going to be harder than I thought especially if everything Cecilia said about me was true. 

I might not have done what m y brother had done, but he at least did just stick to her and not to the entire town which wasn’t really true I mostly used Chelly to keep my company, but that didn’t mean I was sticking to just her either.

“GRRRR!!!”

I fisted my hands into my hair and sat down on my bed feeling lost and frustrated with everything. I could feel her agony and her turmoil running through her head and then there was when the baby kicked and I couldn’t even feel it. That was my baby too in there and I couldn’t even enjoy it.

God how could I be so stupid?! I was going to have a baby girl, my baby was having a baby and she hates me.

“God please tell me what to do.”

“She doesn’t deserve you.”

I looked up and back down.

“Is there something you need?”

“I was going to ask you the same thing. I don’t be mean to pride but…”

“Then don’t.”

My jaw tightened at the sound of her voice, but I kept my cool. If I was going to win Emma back I needed Cecilia’s help.

“Who‘s this?”

“I’m the new maid.”

“Really since when?”

“Since this morning when Mrs. DeSantos dropped me off and you are?”

“You’re worst nightmare.”

I looked up then and stood up.

“She’s my wife’s sister, Cecilia.”

Cecilia smirked and looked at me with accusing eyes. Of course you would.

“You screwing her too?”

Dalia gasped as she covered her mouth looking like it was the worst thing in the world.

“I beg your pardon?!”

“You heard me. Maids don’t walk around with what you are wearing and they certainly do not talk to their employers the way you do or did they not teach you that in maid school?”

“I was merely concerned.’

This was just stupid she was a maid for god sakes!

“Dalia, I’m fine you may go and please don’t come into this room again without permission.”

 “Yes Sir.”

She glared at Cecilia, who only smiles, then turned on her heel and left.

“So?”

“So what?”

“Are you screwing her or not?”

“No, I’m not so you can leave me alone now.”

“Oh I’m never going to leave you alone, not until your brother and you pay for what you’ve done to this family and my sister.”

“Believe me or not, but I love your sister.”

“You could have fooled me. From what I hear you’re quite the lay.”

My blood was beginning to boil and I don’t think I could handle anymore of her shit tonight.’

“Are you done?”

“Oh I’ve only started honey, be prepared because I’m going to make sure the whole town knows who you really are. I’d start packing up now if I were you.”

“You don’t scare me and if I go Emma goes with me.”

“Don’t bet on it.”

She then walked away leaving me with a sick feeling in my stomach. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
194M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...