chapter 23

Chapter Twenty-Three

EMMA’S POV

I knew it was my fault he acted so protective. I understood when one’s mate is pregnant the others mate will do whatever it takes to keep them protected and with them. I just never thought it would be like this. My arm was throbbing and it was probably bruised pretty badly by now.

“Emma?!”

I looked up and saw Tess running into the house.

“Oh my god Tess!”

We ran into each other’s arms and hugged until she

“Oh Emma, where have you been?”

“Around.”

She then pulled away and looked at me

“Oh my god look at you you’re PREGNANT!”

“Yeah.”

She placed her hand over my stomach just as the baby kicked.

“It it’s a kicker!”

“You mean her?”

Her eyes widened and we hugged again.

“I missed you.”

“It’s why I figured I’d come. Besides…”

She pulled away and took my hand.

“It’s not like I wasn’t going to come, come on. As soon as Zander told me you were found I jumped on the first plane over here, so here I am! I figured you would need a friend.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you.”

“I know, but don’t worry about it, shit happens.”

“You look really good though.”

“Of course I do!”

I rolled my eyes and laughed, she’s really getting a big head.

“Hey you made it!”

Zander walked in at that time to pick Tess up and spin her around.

“Put me down you gorilla!”

I laughed just as I saw something in Tess’s eyes especially when she put her cheek to his. 

‘Careful, I think she’s got a thing for you and we all know she’s not one of us, so lay off the lovey dovey stuff.’

He then quickly put her down and stepped away just as Xavier made himself known.

“Mr. DeSantos?!”

“Hello Tess, how are you?”

He made it down the stairs and came beside me, wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my belly with a kiss to my shoulder. 

“Wait… Oh my god, NO!”

I looked over at Zander then to Tess, shrugging my shoulders. Xavier laughed and turned my head, lifting my chin up to meet his eyes. My heartfelt the ping of pain because I just couldn’t look at him the same way anymore. I just wanted my life back before all of this happened.

‘Please don’t cry… I’m sorry for earlier. I just got so upset.’

I looked back at Tess and smiled.

“Told you.”

I couldn’t help the laugh that escaped my lips then.

“Yeah well I would have told you, but I couldn’t and after we got married…”