Spartans never die (Male Read...

By Snowballgamerz

After being a lone wolf you end up joining the noble team as their new noble 6. This story is based through o... More

Introduction
Harem
Noble Actual (Halo-Reach)
Winter Contingency (Halo-Reach)
ONI: Sword Base (Halo-Reach)
Nightfall (Halo-Reach)
Tip of the Spear (Halo-Reach)
Harem Update
Long Night of Solace (Halo-Reach)
Exodus (Halo-Reach)
I NEED HELP
New Alexandria (Halo-Reach)
The Package (Halo-Reach)
The Pilar of Autumn (Halo-Reach) Final
The Pillar of Autumn (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Halo (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Truth and Reconciliation (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Silent Cartographer (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Assault on the Control Room (Halo-Combat Evolved)
343 Guilty Spark (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Library (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Two Betrayals (Halo-Combat Evolved)
Keyes (Halo-Combat Evolved)
The Maw (Halo-Combat Evolved) Final
The Heretic (Halo 2)
The Armory (Halo 2)
Cairco Station (Halo 2)
Outskirts (Halo 2)
Metropolis (Halo 2)
The Arbiter (Halo 2)
The Oracle (Halo 2)
Delta Halo (Halo 2)
Regret (Halo 2)
Scared Icon (Halo 2)
Quarantine Zone (Halo 2)
Question
Uprising (Halo 2)
High Charity (Halo 2)
The Great Journey (Halo 2) Final
Arrival (Halo 3)
Sierra 117 (Halo 3)
Crow's Nest (Halo 3)
Tsavo Highway (Halo 3)
Another Harem Update
The Storm (Halo 3)
Floodgate (Halo 3)
The Ark (Halo 3)
The Covenant (Halo 3)
Cortana (Halo 3)
Another Fantastic Question
Halo (Halo 3) Final
Prologue (Halo 4)
Dawn (Halo 4)
Requiem (Halo 4)
Forerunner (Halo 4)
Infinity (Halo 4)
Reclaimer (Halo 4)
Shutdown (Halo 4)
Update once again
Composer (Halo 4)
Tiny announcement and vote
Midnight (Halo 4)
Epilogue (Halo 4) Final
Teams for Halo 5 (Updated)
Confession (Halo 4.5)
The Night With The Chief (Halo 4.5) 18+
Love Between Alien and Human (Halo 4.5) 18+
The Lustful Nobles (Halo 4.5) 18+
My Commander (Halo 4.5) 18+
Training the rookies (Halo 4.5) Final
Prologue (Halo 5)
Osiris (Halo 5)
Another Announcement
IM BACK
Next Book/Story Description/Preview
Blue Team (Halo 5)
Glassed (Halo 5)
Meridian Station (Halo 5)
Unconfirmed (Halo 5)
Evacuation (Halo 5)
Reunion (Halo 5)
Swords of Sanghelios (Halo 5)
Alliance (Halo 5)
Enemy Lines (Halo 5)
Before the Storm (Halo 5)
Battle of Sunaion (Halo 5)
Genesis (Halo 5)
The Breaking (Halo 5)
Guardians (Halo 5) Final
Aftermath (Halo 5.6)
The Loving AI Companion (Halo 5.6) 18+

Gravemind (Halo 2)

3.3K 89 22
By Snowballgamerz

(Before this chapter begins I want to say thank you for everyone who commented about the question if I should do a rewrite or continue on what I'm doing. After hearing what some of you had to say and with such kind words also, you guys wanted me to continue on what I'm already doing. So I hope you enjoy this chapter as it might be one of the more longer chapters I have wrote bring a total of '2942' words.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You begin to wake up, and sees a red circle of lights on the ceiling of some underground area. You see that your being held aloft by a tentacle. You are then brought towards the head of a massive creature...the Gravemind.

Cortana: "What...is that?"

Y/N L/N: "It sure is ugly whatever it is."

You are held in front of Gravemind's head, the head being one giant mouth made from separate parts, somewhat similar to an Elite's.

Gravemind: "I...? I am a monument to all your sins."

As Gravemind talks, he breathes out Flood Spores. Two tentacles bring forth a struggling Thelya 'Vadamee.

Y/N L/N: "Relax. I'd rather not piss this thing off."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Demon!"

Y/N L/N: "So that's what you guys call me...how sweet."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "If you humans didn't kill my bothers then we would not need to call you 'Demon' Demon."

Y/N L/N: "Call me Demon one more time I dare you."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "But Demon is such a fitting name for you."

Thelya couldn't tell right now because of the helmet but right now you were pissed.

Y/N L/N: "I swear once I'm out of this ugly vermin's grasp lets just say you better be running."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Try it and you will never see the light of day again."

Before this argument can go on any longer with a loud tone the Gravemind tightened his grasp on both of you so it can shut the both of you up. The Gravemind makes loud huffing sounds, and indicates towards you.

Gravemind: "This one is machine and nerve, and has its mind concluded." (a tentacle wraps around your head, then indicates 'Vadamee) "This one is but flesh and faith, and is the more deluded."(turns 'Vadamee upside down)

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Kill me or release me, parasite. But do not waste my time with talk!"

Gravemind: "There is much talk. And I have listened. Through rock and metal and time. Now I shall talk, and you shall listen."

He raises two tentacles, one wrapped around a red Monitor, the other merged with an infected Prophet of Regret

2401 Penitent Tangent: "Greetings! I am 2401 Penitent Tangent. I am the Monitor of Installation 05."

Prophet of Regret: "And I am the Prophet of Regret, Councillor most High... Hierarch of the Covenant!"

2401 Penitent Tangent sees you.

2401 Penitent Tangent: "A Reclaimer? Here? At last! We have much to do. This facility must be activated if we are to control this outbreak!"

Prophet of Regret: "Stay where you are! Nothing can be done until my sermon is complete!"

2401 Penitent Tangent: "Not true. This installation has a successful utilization record of 1.2 trillion simulated and one actual. It is ready to fire on demand."

Prophet of Regret: (to the Arbiter) "Of all the objects our Lords left behind, there are none so worthless as these Oracles!" (yells) "They know nothing of the Great Journey!"

2401 Penitent Tangent: "And you know nothing about containment! You have demonstrated a complete disregard to even the most basic protocols!"

Gravemind: "This one's 'containment'..." (gives a disgusted huff) "And this one's 'Great Journey'... are the same."

He lowers his tentacles, and Regret shrieks in fear.

Gravemind: (to 'Vadamee) "Your Prophets have promised you freedom from a doomed existence, but you will find no salvation on this ring. Those who built this place knew what they wrought. Do not mistake their intent, or all will perish as they did before."

At this moment, 'Vadamee stops struggling against the tentacles. She stares somewhat curiously at the Gravemind.

Y/N L/N: "This thing is right. Halo is a weapon. Your Prophets are making a big mistake."

Thelya 'Vadamee: "Your ignorance already destroyed one of the sacred rings, Demon. You shall not harm another."

Gravemind: "If you will not hear the truth, then I will show it to you. There is still time to stop the key from turning, but first it must be found." (indicates each in turn) "You will search one likely spot, and you will search another. Fate had us meet as foes, but this ring will make us...brothers."

You and 'Vadamee disappear in teleportation rings. Fade to black, fade in on High Charity.

A swarm of Covenant ships attack each other outside of High Charity. Fade in on the walkway outside the Council Chamber, Honour Guard Brutes guard the gates from Grunt and Jackal rioters.

Prophet of Truth: "We are, all of us, gravely concerned."

Cut to Council Chamber. A line of Honour Guard Brutes stand at attention. A cameraman Grunt focuses a holographic camera on Truth as he delivers his propaganda, while the Prophet of Mercy watches from aside.

Prophet of Truth: "The release of the parasite was unexpected, unfortunate. But, there is no need to panic. In truth, this is a time to rejoice. A moment that all the Covenant should savour." (raises the Index) "For the Sacred Icon has been found. With it, our path is clear, our entry into the Divine Beyond guaranteed! The Great Journey is nigh..." (the Grunt notices you appearing out of thin air behind him) "...and nothing, not even the Flood, can stop it!"

You look down at the shocked Grunt.

Y/N L/N: "Boo."

The Grunt yelps, throws up his Needler, and flees. You catch the Needler and aims it at Truth. Two Brute Honour Guards shield the Prophets with their pikes.

Prophet of Truth: "Kill the Demon!"

Y/N L/N: "I swear if one more person calls me Demon then im taking this whole ship down and everyone on it."

The Prophets and some Brutes escape through a gravity lift, leaving two Brutes behind.

Cortana: "Brutes! The faster you can kill these Brutes, the better."

The first Brute came running towards you. You jump over it which made the Brute fall onto the floor. Before it can get up you quickly turned your body and shot a needle for the Needler into the Brutes head.

Cortana: "They don't have shield generators, but take them out before... it's berserking!"

The Second Brute came at you just like the first but you raised your weapon behind you while your back is turned from the running Brute, you put pressure onto the trigger as multiply needles flew out of the gun and into the body of the Brute. Just then a door opened and more Covenant entered the room. You didn't waste anytime killing them.

Tartarus (Loudspeaker): "The Demon has infiltrated the Council Chamber?! Protect the Hierarchs! Seal the exits!"

Cortana: "Oh, I don't think so."

Even more Covenant entered the room as you fend them off. After you finish clearing the room of Covenant.

Cortana: "Put me down on one of the pedestals near the door."

Before you approach the pedestal you walked towards where Truth was sitting before.

Cortana: "They've locked it from below. There's a door at the other end of the chamber."

You approached the door, and proceed to place Cortana into the pedestal. Cortana's hologram then appears.

Cortana: "That Prophet, Truth. He has the Index! You've got to take it from him. Let me get these doors. (You reaches for the pedestal) Go! It will be easier to track Truth if I stay in the network."

You look towards Cortana with a concern look.

Cortana: "Don't worry. You can pick me up later."

With more enemies coming towards you firing their weapons at you which in respond you either dodged or taken cover then proceeded to fire your own weapon towards the attackers. You fought your way to the ledge where Thelya 'Vadamee was tortured.

Cortana (COM): "Watch out for the Captain, it's got a Brute Shot!"

You stared towards the Captain as it stared back. You both circled each other waiting for the other to attack. Without wasting time the both of you ran towards each other. You took out your weapon as it has taken out his and both proceeded to open fire on each other. You both dodged each other shots in response. Knowing weapons wont work, you put your weapon away and leaped towards the Captain tackling it down with brute strength. Over and over again you punched it which seemed to be working but not before the Captain pushed you off. The both of you got up trading punches and kicks to one another.

Cortana: "Stop wasting time and end it already."

Captain: "Come at me Demon."

After the Captain said that the atmosphere began to get colder. You looked up and even tho your helmet was on the Captain could tell how angry you were. With quick speed you ran towards the Captain taking out your energy sword. Before the Captain could respond in anyway your pieced your sword though the chest. The Captain fell onto the floor as it body was lying their lifeless.

Cortana: "Truth is moving through the lower levels of the tower. I'll reverse this Grav Lift. Drop down, try to cut him off."

You jumped into the Grav lift which proceed to take you down into the lower levels.

Tartarus (Loudspeaker): "Reinforce all approaches to the holding pens. Slay the Demon on sight!"

Cortana: "They're beefing up their patrols. Stay sharp."

After exiting the Grav life you came face to face with more Covenant. You took out your weapon and proceeded to slaughter them.

Cortana (COM): "Wait a minute! I'm reading Marine IFF transponders. The signals are originating somewhere below your position."

Cortana: "There's another lift in the next room."

Fighting though more Covenant enemy you made your way towards the lift.

Cortana: "Here, Noble. Jump in."

You take the Grav Lift down.

Cortana (COM): "There are two groups of Marines in the detention block. I'll zero in on their locations, you neutralize the guards... quietly."

You then kill the Covenant forces on the top level.

Cortana: "Noble, come to the lower level. The Marines are just inside, careful of the guards."

You enter the brig, and kills the guards. You pressed a switch as the brig doors unlatch, and the Marine POWs arm themselves with dropped Covenant weapons.

Cortana: "Listen up, Marines! Noble Six is hunting a Prophet, and you're gonna help him kill it."

Marine: "Affirmative!"

Marine 2: "No sense sticking around here!"

Cortana: "One more group of Marines to go, Noble."

Cortana: "Spartan, come to the middle level. More guards, get ready."

You and the Marines exited the first level and made you way towards the middle level. You and the Marines gunned down the enemy who were stationed on the middle level as you made you way towards the second detention block. You entered the detention block and like before you take out the guards, then freed the other Marines.

Cortana: "That's all the Marines, Noble. Good work."

Cortana (COM): "We'll get out of here the same way we came in - the central Grav Lift... Reinforcements, coming down the lift!"

You and the Marines kill the reinforcements who tried to get in your way but failed.

Cortana: "The lift is clear. Step on in."

You and the Marines who were still alive after that attack, stepped into the lift as it takes you towards the higher floors.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Fear not, my brothers! The Sacred Icon is secure. It was Tartarus and his Brutes who took the Icon from the Flood, and for that they have our thanks."

Cortana (COM): "Excellent! Truth is broadcasting on the move. It'll make him much easier to track."

You and the remaining Marines ran into more Covenant. The Covenant managed to kill the remaining Marines who were helping you but you managed to get revenge and killed them.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "The Elites have failed to protect the Prophets, and in doing so, have put all our lives at risk. Let no warrior forget his oath, 'Thou, in faith, shall keep us safe, whilst we find the Path.'"

Cortana (COM): "I've got a fix on Truth, just outside this tower, Noble. There's an exit nearby. Hurry!"

Fighting though more Covenant you rushed towards the nearby exit.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "With my blessing, the Brutes now lead our fleets! They ask for your allegiance, and you shall give it."

Cortana (COM): "You wouldn't believe the number of kill-systems the Covenant are throwing down around me. Not to worry, it's pretty sloppy stuff. I guess they never expected a hostile intelligence to penetrate their networks from the inside."

You kept running into more Covenant who tried to kill you but instead you killed them. As they were dying their screams filled the atmosphere which gave you quite the head ache.

Cortana (COM): "The Covenant just destroyed two of their own ships! And I'm hearing reports of small arms fire throughout their fleet."

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Creatures of the Covenant! The path is broad, and we shall walk it side by side."

After beating up more Covenant you heard Cortana speak up.

Cortana: "Slipspace rupture... It's In Amber Clad!"

You look towards the In Amber Clad as it flies by overhead.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Be glad! A reward for all your toil and all your sacrifices in the year at hand."

Cortana: "Hailing...no response. She's crashed into another tower ahead of our position. I'll keep trying to make contact, but I'm not registering any human vital signs."

You can hear the In Amber Clad crash. With out wasting more time your ran across the bridge  towards Truth's location.

Prophet of Truth (loudspeaker): "At this moment, the Council is gathered on Halo, to see the Icon secured."

Tartarus (Loudspeaker): "Rise, my brothers! Cast down the Elites!"

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "There are those who said this day would never come. What have they to say now?"

Tartarus (Loudspeaker): "Once the towers are clear, we'll drive them from the lower district."

You kept making your way towards Truth at a fast pace, fighting though the Covenant who was in your way to stopping Truth. You took out your energy sword and started slashing the Covenant into pieces. Some screamed in agony while others ran away screaming with the look of fear in their eyes.

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "I have listened to the Oracle, and it confirmed our deepest hope. The Great Journey begins with Halo."

Tartarus (Loudspeaker): "The Elites are falling back to the Mausoleum. Fools! Their Arbiter can do nothing for them now!"

Prophet of Truth (Loudspeaker): "Who would doubt the Prophets? What have they foretold that has not come to pass?"

The Covenant tried to stop you but they couldn't. You where a killing machine and nothing was going to stop you.

Cortana (COM): "If we're going to catch Truth, we'll need to take a shortcut, straight through the Mausoleum. Look on the bright side: for now, they seem much more interested in killing each other."

You approached a very large fight in the Mausoleum.

Cortana: "You might consider sitting this one out."

You tried to walk around them while they fought it out but you accidently kicked a piece of metal. The enemy stopped attacking each other and looked towards your direction.

You then walked out of the room away from the dead bodies of people who dared to define you.

Cortana: "Hang on, I'm picking up two more transponders. It's the Commander and Johnson! They're closing on Truth's position Noble! They'll need your help! This way, Noble."

The exit opens, with several cloaked Elites and an Honour Guard Councillor running out. You killed them.

Cortana (COM): "...This isn't good. I'm getting confirmed reports of Flood leaving the In Amber Clad's wreckage. Let's get the Index and find a way out of here, before things get really ugly!"

Tartarus and his Brutes take Keyes, Johnson and 343 Guilty Spark toward a platform where the Prophets of Truth and Mercy wait for them, with three Phantoms

Tartarus: "Split them up. One in each Phantom."

Three Brutes do so rather brutishly. Keyes notices In Amber Clad in the tower before being pushed into the Phantom. The two Phantoms take off. Tartarus kneels before the Prophets.

Prophet of Truth: "The hopes of all the Covenant rest on your shoulders, Chieftain."

Prophet of Truth hands Tartarus the Index.

Tartarus: "My faith is strong. I will not fail."

Infection Forms spring up and rush them. The Brutes spot them and they get ready. The Brute Honour Guards throw their pikes aside and stomp on several of them. Tartarus flattens one with the Fist of Rukt. The Brutes manage to shoot or crush most of them, but one gets through and lodges itself to Mercy's throat, knocking him off his throne.

Prophet of Mercy: (screams in agony)

Tartarus moves to remove the Infection Form.

Prophet of Truth: "Let him be."

Tartarus turns to Truth in surprise.

Prophet of Truth: "The Great Journey waits for no one, brother...not even you."

Prophet of Truth boards the Phantom and the Honour Guard Brutes follow immediately, but Tartarus hesitates at the dying Prophet of Mercy. He looks at the Index, makes his decision, and turns away from Mercy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 123 15
This will be a Lemon story so if you are not 18+, Please don't read this. I don't want to get in trouble lol. Now this wont be a story where there's...
4K 86 41
Noble Six comes alive as we meet the man behind the visor. Spartan B-312 is Mike Nantz, a man trying to live down a family legacy and his lone wolf r...
19K 385 7
SPARTAN-B312, Noble 6, also known as Y/N, The Lone Wolf of Noble Team. Has successfully delivered the package to the Pillar of Autumn and saved NOBLE...
2.6K 160 11
Halo, but with an oddity. With the Master Chief and Noble Six off world, the duty of protecting Earth has fallen onto the shoulders of the ODSTs, the...