Wholesome Deltarune Oneshots

By ThatDorkyIntrovert

(COMPLETE! Thanks ya'll for coming! :D) See the rules before requesting, thanks! All of these will be SFW, wi... More

Rules/Requests
Swatch- Fashion Forward
Spamton- Key To Your HeartShaped Object
Spamtom- Playing Arbitrator
K_K- Candy And Cakes
Kris- My Liege
~My Personal Spamton Headcanons~
Berdly- Everyone's A Critic
Spamton- Little Flower
Spamton- The Cuddles Deal
A/N To Keep An Eye On!!
Kris- Their Cape
Sweet- The Slip Up
~Ask The Author Answers~
Berdly- Unwanted Competition
Spamton- Short Lived
Queen- Mysterious Locations
Sorry to disappoint, but it's an A/N not a oneshot 😆
Rouxls- College Student Supremeth
Berdly- Good Ol' Fashioned Gaming
Jevil- True Freedom
Noelle- My Christmas Star
A/N: Hello lovelies! It's been too long

Cap'n- Going Out

1K 27 260
By ThatDorkyIntrovert

Requested by: Kurie_The_Dreamer

Thank you for gifting me the ability to complete the trilogy! 🙏 Now onto the story!

~~~

Cap'n stared at his reflection in the mirror, leaning forwards slightly to stare intently at himself. His hands were balled into nervous fists against the countertop. When you had called him asking if he wanted to go out and get candy apples at the new shop in the city, he had happily and eagerly agreed to it... while his limbs had been shaking anxiously so much he almost dropped the phone a few times. 

Now, however, he had been getting ready before being hit with the sharp bolt of realization that he didn't know whether you had meant it like going to hang out or going out... like on a date. The thought of the latter made his insides flip even at just thinking about it.

He dropped his head a bit. "Be cool, play it cool," he sighed to himself in front of the mirror, peering to meet his own eyes overtop of his dark glasses. 

He straightened, clearing his throat and stepping back a little from the mirror. "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put 'U' and 'I' together." He smirked at the mirror, then he groaned. "Too cheesy, too cheesy!"

"Do I know you? Because you look like my next significant other." Cap'n made a face at himself. "Ick, that just sounds creepy. And it implies I have an ex... which I don't."

"I've seemed to have lost my phone number... Can I have yours?" he attempted, wiggling his eyebrows. After a moment of silence, he blinked in realization. "Wait, I already have their phone number..." He laughed, groaning in agony at the same time. "How else could Y/N have called me earlier?! Argh! Stupiiiid!"

"Hey Cap'n, you okay in there?" called Sweet from outside the bathroom, making Cap'n choke in surprise.

"Yeah, I'm greeeeaaaat!" he replied, laughing weakly as he lay his head and arms on the counter in defeat.

"Alright, if you... say so?" Sweet replied, their footsteps shuffling away.

Cap'n waited until he knew Sweet was definitely gone before trying again, "Are you French? Because Eiffel-" He couldn't even finish his line before laughing hysterically, sliding to the floor and deciding to lay there while wheezing. 

Arms rested on his chest, he stared up at the bathroom light with a small frown on his face. "Guess I'll just... have to make do without any cool pickup lines." He sighed sadly. "Why is this so hard...?" he mumbled softly.

You hummed a song softly to yourself as you waited, sitting on the step of your house. You could see your breath a bit in the air, signalling another chilly day in Cyber City. You clutched a mixtape you were fond of in your bare hands, which were beginning to feel a bit numb from the cold. Where is he? He said he would be driving here... you wondered, hoping Cap'n hadn't forgotten.

Just as you thought this, a car turned onto your street and pulled up at your house. You perked up as Cap'n stepped out. He grinned and gave you a goofy wave. "What's up, Y/N?" he called.

 You giggled and waved wildly back to him. "Hey!" The two of you met each other halfway across the yard. "Cap'n, I didn't know you owned a car!" you began, surprised. You thought he was just planning on picking you up in a taxi.

He smiled. "I don't. But I figured I would rent one for tonight... You know, since it's getting dark and I figured we wouldn't want to wait on a cab, and... yeah." His smile widened at your beaming expression.

"Whoa, isn't that kinda expensive though?" You asked him as you two walked up to it.

Cap'n shrugged casually. "Eh, it's nothing really." He immediately recalled getting down on his hands and knees, begging K_K and Sweet to lend him some money. He grinned nervously. Luckily for him, you didn't notice, since you had made it over to the passenger door, which Cap'n quickly held open for you.

"Oh! Thanks!" you told him in pleased surprise.

"Of course!" he replied. He rushed around the vehicle and climbed into the driver's seat.

"Hey Cap'n," you piped up. He looked at you. "I've got something perfect for this too!" You held up the mixtape in your hands.

His eyes went wide, breath catching. "That's- That's the one I made you for..."

"For my birthday, mhm!" you finished for him with a grin. "I thought we could listen to it together while we drive there!"

Excitement bubbled up in him. "Yeah! Go for it!" he said eagerly, his heart pounding a bit. He didn't know you still had kept it years later. 

The familiar sounds of the first song came on, and you both smiled as he drove down the road, listening to it fondly. "Oh man," he said, laughing a little in embarrassment. "This song is so old... It was one of the first ones I had ever made, y'know?"

"Really?" you asked, then giggled. "So that's why you're slightly off pitch in some spots!"

Cap'n flushed. "H-Hey! It was my first ever recorded song!" He chuckled awkwardly, still smiling as he averted his eyes to check the closest rear view mirror. "Give me a break..."

You laughed. "Hey, it's okay! I don't mind it!" you told him, grinning a bit. "It's cute!"

His face went hot and his posture stiffened. "C-C-Cute-?"

"Oh, wait Cap'n, we need to turn left here," you cut him off quickly. 

He did as you said, then smiled over at you. "That was almost a close one."

"Yeah," you chuckled, recalling that road leading to the palace. "We almost ended up visiting the Queen!"

"Oh gosh," he groaned, and you laughed heartily in response.

Finally, the two of you arrived at the candy apple shop. Cap'n pulled up next to the sidewalk, then put the car into park. The windows were rolled down, so you could take a deep breath of the evening air. "Mmm! Cap'n, can you smell that? Even the air here smells like candy apples!" You exclaimed, feeling your mouth already begin to water.

"Yeah, though not like there would be any other smell here. It IS a candy apple shop," he teased. You nudged him a few times playfully. "Oww," he chuckled, taking hold of your arm to stop you. "Quit it!" he laughed.

"Okay, okay," you chuckled, blushing softly. He let go of your arm when you surrendered before you undid your seatbelt and climbed out of the car. Cap'n followed you outside. 

The shop was pretty cute and small, with a small window in the front and a lively pink and yellow colored interior. A couple steps led up to the front door. The two of you headed up them and went inside, being met by warmth and the source of the tasty smells. "Hello!" greeted a kind looking Darkener at the counter. "You two are in for a lovely treat here! What can I get you?"

You hummed in consideration, looking at the menu on the wall. "I didn't know there would be enough different flavors to have a whole menu for it!" you whispered.

"Me neither," Cap'n agreed.

"You know what, I'm a simple person, I'll just get a classic candy apple please!" you ordered. The cashier nodded, smiling as they typed in your order. "Anything else?" You looked at Cap'n.

There's so many kinds to choose from... Cap'n thought, feeling a little overwhelmed. What would Y/N think is cool? And if I get something different... would that be better or worse? "You know... I think I'll get one of those too," he finally said after the silence had gone on just a tiny bit too long, grinning sheepishly. 

The cashier looked unphased, typing it in as well. "Is that all?"

"Yep!" you chirped, about to pull out your wallet. Cap'n stopped you.

"Whoa, hey, I'm paying," he assured you, and you looked at him in shock.

"But... I was the one who offered to go here, it only is right if I pay," you told him, flattered by his offer.

He shook his head, holding up a hand. "Don't even try to stop me! I worked extra on the weekend just for this!"

You blushed. He put in extra work... just to pay for this? And on top of renting a car? you thought, a smile spreading over your face. "Thanks, Cap'n, you're the best!"

He blushed too. "I sure try to be!"

Both of you got your candy apples, heading outside when you suggested eating them in the park. Cap'n gladly agreed. Now, both of you were sitting on the jungle gym side by side, taking bites of your sticky treats. You glanced over at Cap'n as he was struggling a bit to take a bite of his, since the candy was beginning to freeze a bit from the cold. "How can you see in the dark?" you asked him.

He stopped in his attempts and looked over at you. "Hm?"

"Your glasses," you explained. "I've never even been able to see your eyes with how dark they are. I get how you might be able to see in the day with them, but how the heck do you see anything at night?"

He grinned. "Magic~!" He wiggled his fingers mysteriously.

You pushed him lightly, making him chuckle. "Cap'nnn!" you whined. "That's not an answer and you know it!"

He laughed, blushing lightly. "Magic so is a valid answer!"

You pouted playfully. "I don't think so. Do you have night vision eyes or something then?" you asked him. You blinked. "Wait, do you even have eyes?"

"Yeah, 'course I do," he said like it was obvious, making you all embarrassed and flustered, which got him laughing some more. So cute... Man, if I could work up the courage to actually them that though... he thought, smiling.

"I-It really isn't obvious though! I've never seen your actual eyes!" you cried. Then a mischevious glint came to your eyes. You lunged at him, tackling the guy and reaching for his glasses. "Surrender, Cap'n! I will find out how you can see or so help me!"

"Hey, nooo!" he laughed, trying to half heartedly push you away. However, he felt like he could almost explode from how close you were to him.

"Gimme... your... glasses!" you cried.

He lightly slapped at your hands. "No! They must remain a secret!" he teased. However, somehow, you managed to swipe his glasses from him. "Alright, alright, you win I guess... Satisfied?" he asked you. He opened his eyes, and your eyes met his warm amber ones. 

That was when you noticed how incredibly close to him you were, and just how hot he looked without his glasses. 

All confidence drained out of you in a second, and your face reddened as you began getting flustered. Cap'n began getting flustered at you getting flustered, leaving both of you in embarrassed messes. Both of you jolted away from each other.

"H-Here! Take your glasses back! Your eyes are too powerful!" you stammered, covering your face with one hand and holding out his glasses to him with the other.

"Th-Thanks..." he murmured, taking his glasses back and putting them on. Both of you were quiet as you tried composing yourselves again. Once you were calm, Cap'n broke the silence with, "So... What did you mean by my eyes being 'powerful'?"

"N-Nothing!" you cried, flustered and blushing again. Cap'n laughed, though he couldn't help but continue mulling it over in his head what you meant.

Once you finished your candy apples at last, the two of you headed back to the car. Your eyes widened a bit to see a piece of paper sticking out of the windshield wipers. "Oh no, is that-?" you began before dashing over to the car. He followed you at a much less hurried pace, peering around you at the parking ticket that was there. You looked around in question of why this was a thing, until your eyes met a 'No Parking' sign nearby.

Cap'n was quiet as you began freaking out. "Are you a parking ticket?" he began.

"There's one on your car!" you cried.

"Because you have fine written all over you," Cap'n finished calmly.

A pin could have been dropped and heard at the stunned silence you were put in. Then, you started laughing and blushing. "W-Wait, what? W-Was... Was that a pick up line?"

His eyes were wide in surprise at even himself, his mind too busy exclaiming, YOOOO, THAT WAS ACTUALLY PRETTY SMOOTH?? "Uh, yep," he admitted after a silent minute, blushing.

You started laughing, your face going red. "How long did you have that planned?"

"Uh, well... just now," he said, chuckling nervously.

"Seriously?" you replied in surprise, coming up to him. "That was pretty smooth, Cap'n." You kissed him on the cheek and his face went hot in an instant. "Let's go out again soon, okay?" you asked him, smiling.

"W-Wait," he stuttered, watching as you headed for the passenger door of the car. "Was this supposed to be a hangout or a date?!"

You laughed. "You choose!"

He smiled, getting in the car when you did. "A date then," he decided.

"That's cool with me," you told him, both of you leaning closer to each other before kissing. You broke away, catching your breaths before you looked at the parking ticket in your hands. "We probably should pay this now."

"Yeah..." Cap'n sighed.

"Oh, by the way, I'm paying this time."

"You can't?! It's my car!"

~~~

A/N: I like to think Cap'n is kinda the smooth, cool, flirty type... but really, when it comes to actually flirting with someone he really likes, he's just like knees weak, arms spaghetti- 😂 And do I overuse the 'date pays for your food and insists it no questions asked' trope? YES, YES I DO! 😆 But I can't help it, it's just such a nice gesture...!

Alright, my insanely busy h*ll is going to start in a day, so unfortunately this might be the last oneshot for a little while- I know, I know! I'm sad about it too! 🥺 But we got some fun ones coming up next... a Rouxls Kaard one and a Queen one (she is so great honestly XD)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 134 200
So some people wanted to see my art, and I decided why not? Also I've been coming up with some AU's lately, so I decided to kill two birds with one s...
69.1K 1.8K 21
Art by: InviSeri on Deviant art Cover made by me! Characters from Deltarune: By Toby Fox . . . You are a (insert your species, being human, demon, or...
2K 82 25
~Discontinued until further notice (Sorry :< )~ angst, fluff, ships, xreaders, (but mostly angst because haha Sans suffering go brrr) I'll do it all...
1.7K 25 16
This is just a bunch of Undertale au oneshots to throw in my little fantasies. Requests are great! I will uh...t r y to write requests. I will have m...