Sick Child - MarkoxOC

By Woolfhoundss

"Santa Carla has always been a weird place - one of those places where you always had to be on the lookout, k... More

Content Warnings, Playlists, and Author's Notes
Part 1: Hey Little Girl
Part 2: Don't You Want Me
Part 3: I think we're alone now
Part 4: Kids in America
Part 5: Volcano
Part 6: Dear Prudence
Part 7: Someone Saved My Life Tonight
Part 8: Everything Zen
Part 9: I'll be your girl
Part 10: A little wicked
Part 11: This Way
Part 12: Try a little tenderness
Part 13: coming down
Part 14: turn me loose
Part 15: Closer
Part 16: Lovers in a dangerous time
Part 18: Seven Devils
Part 19: to the moon and back
Part 20: dangerous type
Part 21: only by the night
Part 22: firecracker
Part 23: something blue
Part 24: my one and only thrill
Part 25: modern love
Part 26: immortals
Part 27: hold on
Part 28: crush
Part 29: alone, together
Part 30: everybody wants to rule the world
Part 31: lucky you
Part 32: landslide
Part 33: hands down
Part 34: electric feel
Part 35: delicate
Part 36: soft shock
Part 37: hunger
Part 38: cardigan
Part 39: blue monday
Part 40: medicine
Part 41: how to make love stay
Part 42: near you always
Part 43: how to be a heartbreaker
Part 44: like knives
Part 45: volcano girls
Part 46: strange mercy
Part 47: royals
Part 48: surrounded
Part 49: tick tick boom
Part 50: exiled

Part 17: Hearts a mess

831 26 1
By Woolfhoundss

Do you think we should tell her about Kevin? Marko asks, glancing over at David. They've decided to talk telepathically just to be safe. This freak could be anywhere and neither of them wants to take the chance of him knowing any more details than he already does. David nods.

We can't waste time. We have to get her back to the hotel. Tonight.

Marko scoffs.

She's not going to like that.

David stops in front of the door, his expression icy.

"I don't give a shit what she likes," David whispers. "You're her sire. You say jump, she asks how high. That's how it goes."

"You don't know her," Marko murmurs. "Not like I do."

David turns on his heel and draws himself up to his full height. Marko resists the urge to roll his eyes. He always does this. It used to be intimidating, but over the years, it's just begun to piss Marko off.

"Control her, or I will."

Marko snarls and grabs David by the collar of his shirt. His brain can barely register his actions before he's slamming his sire up against the building, rage coursing through his body like wildfire. His eyes are yellow. He bares his fangs.

"She's mine," he hisses angrily.

David lets out a low, hollow laugh.

"I thought that would get you going."

He grips Marko's wrist and twists it violently, watching with glee as the younger vampire cries out and backs off. David brushes his coat off and heads toward the door. He glances over his shoulder and smirks. Instantly, Marko knows that all is forgiven.

"You coming?"

"Gimme a few minutes."

"Sure."

The door slams shut behind David as he disappears inside. Marko lights a cigarette, letting out an exhausted exhale as smoke unfurls around him. He slumps against the wall, his chest is heavy and pained. He loves her... or whatever the fuck this is called. He loves her so much that his chest aches, his throat clenches, and he wants to scream. He would do anything to protect her. Anything.

He has to tell her. He doesn't know why it's so hard to just say the words to her face. She rides on the back of his bike, she wears his ring, she became a monster for him. She would do the ritual if he asked, if he explained it to her. That knows for certain. Some vampires spend hundreds of years trying to find the right mate. Dwayne told him that he was lucky to find Sofie as quickly as he did. Marko sighs. He becomes so lost in a black hole of his own thoughts that he doesn't notice that his cigarette has burned all the way down to the filter. The cherry burns his fingers. He hisses and drops it, crushing it viciously with his boot.

"Fucker," he mumbles.

He has to tell her.

Fuck.

He grips the door handle and sucks in a deep breath. For the first time in his life as a vampire, he's terrified.

&&&

The bar is almost back to normal - well, as normal is it can be - once Marko and David return. Sofie and Matt are sweeping up broken glass when Marko barges through the door and makes a beeline for her. His expression is intense and there's a beautiful fire burning behind his bright blue eyes. He grabs her face with both hands and kisses her hard enough to take her breath away. Sofie squeaks and giggles, dropping the room and wrapping her arms around his neck. She's home. Marko pulls back and they both breathe hard.

"What was that for?"

"I love you," he whispers.

You could hear a pin drop. He looks so unbelievably vulnerable, like the wrong words uttered at the wrong time could shatter him completely. She's never seen him like this before. Everyone watches, slack-jawed with wide eyes... well, everyone except David. He's leaned against the doorway lighting a cigarette. Sofie grips the lapels of Marko's jacket and pulls him toward her. She presses her forehead against his.

"I love you too."

Marko's face lights up and he kisses her again. All of the air that had been sucked out of the room rushes back in as everyone breathes a collective sigh of relief. Matt, Kara, and Ben get back to work while Dwayne goes to check on Laddie, who is asleep in one of the booths. Marko wraps his arms around Sofie's waist and kisses her again, softly this time. Her lips tingle and a big smile spreads across her face.

Let's get out of here, she thinks.

Marko shakes his head. Sofie's jaw drops. She didn't think that would actually work. As she's about to let out a soft, excited squeal at the revelation of her new ability, she hears Marko's voice ringing in her head.

David and I have to talk to you. It's important.

She blinks as Marko takes her hand and leads her into the staff room, shutting the door behind them. David is sitting at the table holding a crumpled photograph in front of him. Marko gestures for her to sit and takes his place beside her. Sofie can't quite see the photo. David, yet again, is impossible to read. She looks to David, to Marko, and back again.

"What's going on?"

David slides the picture toward her and Sofie's blood runs cold. She knows it's her and Kevin, but the blonde girl with the shark-tooth grin smiling back at her feels like someone from another time, another universe. There are snippets of memories - screaming, sobbing, and covering bruises with long sleeves in the middle of the summer. It's only been three years since she slipped out of the apartment that they shared in the middle of the night and never looked back. Kevin never chased her. Until now. She should have known better. She feels Marko's hand on her knee.

"Where did you find this?"

"Underneath some smashed up chairs," David remarks. "He wanted you to find it."

She expects to feel fear, but the only thing bubbling in her chest is pure rage. He was here. He was here in her bar, destroying everything she and Matt had built.

"He killed Jim," Marko whispers. "David thinks he's a hunter."

Sofie stares at the photo. All she can feel is hot anger pulsing through her body.

"He tried to make it look like it was one of us, but his scent was all over Jim's apartment and it's all over the picture. The kinds of wounds he left... vampires don't do that."

David pulls on his cigarette and exhales sharply.

"We think he has friends and he's coming after you."

"And you," Sofie whispers.

David nods gravely and his eyes flick to Marko, who wraps an arm around her waist.

"We think you should stay with us."

"What about Ichabod?"

"Dwayne will pick him up," David replies.

"I don't want to lose my independence," Sofie whispers. "I like having my own space. No offense."

David gives a small shrug.

"None taken. You don't have to give it up. It's temporary."

"Until what?" She asks.

"Until we rip him apart," Marko snarls. David smirks.

Sofie's head whips around the face him.

"Marko," she murmurs. He immediately takes her face in his hands and presses his forehead against hers.

I won't let him touch you.

She closes her eyes and tears spill down her cheeks.

I'm not afraid of him.

"So?" David asks, firing up another cigarette. "What's it gonna be, princess?"

Sofie lets turns to him, reaches over the table, and snatches the cigarette out of his fingers. She presses it to her lips and takes a massive inhale. It tastes even better than she remembers. The nicotine rush goes straight to her brain and she is overcome by a beautiful, dizziness that makes her feel high. David and Marko stare at her in disbelief as the smoke swirls around her head and she lets out a massive exhale followed by a small groan of satisfaction.

"I'll go," she says softly, examining the cigarette in her fingers.

David pats the table and stands.

"Perfect."

He walks back into the bar, leaving Sofie in a daze and Marko staring at her like she's just slaughtered a baby on the table in front of him. She catches his eye and he laughs.

"I know this isn't the right time, but you look so fucking hot right now."

Sofie laughs and takes another drag. Marko leans in and his lips hover just inches from hers. Sofie lets the smoke seep out from between her lips. He inhales it and presses his lips softly against hers before plucking the cigarette from between her fingers.

"Does this mean you're going to start smoking?"

"I'm already dead. What harm could it possibly do?"

&&&

The boys help with the rest of the cleanup and they finish just after 2 am.

"You guys want a ride?"

"Sure, dude," Ben replies.

"I think I'm gonna walk," Kara says. "It's a pretty night. My parents have Charlie until tomorrow morning."

"You sure?" Matt asks, concern growing in his voice. "It doesn't seem safe."

"I've got pepper spray. I'm good."

"Kara..."

As she's about to speak, Dwayne steps forward, his eyes piercing as he studies Kara's face. She blushes and bites her lip.

"I could give you a ride," he offers.

"He's got a motorcycle," Sofie says with a grin.

Kara glances at her. She tosses the younger blonde a wink and looks at Marko who is staring at his shoes, grinning.

"Sure," Kara says, practically crimson. "That'd be cool."

She grabs her jacket and purse. Dwayne walks her out the front door toward his bike. Matt and Ben look nervous, but Paul saunters in between them, draping both arms over their shoulders.

"Dwayne's a good guy. You've got nothing to worry about."

"Sure," Matt whispers. He turns to Ben. "Let's go. Sof? Can you lock up?"

"What about the back door?" Sofie asks. "I thought Ke - they smashed the deadbolt."

"I put a padlock on it. There's a key on the bar."

"You got it."

She snatches the keys off of the bar and goes to scoop up Laddie from the booth. Paul puts a hand on her shoulder.

"I got him. Go with Marko."

They saunter out of the bar as a pack and climb onto their bikes. Sofie wraps one arm around Marko's waist while the other reaches up to push his hair away from his neck. She places a soft kiss just below his earlobe and he hums softly. In an instant, Marko's bike roars to life and takes off. The ride is smooth and quiet. There's not a soul on the streets and all Sofie can hear is the whooping and hollering of the boys as they race each other toward Hudson's Bluff. The cool breeze clears her head and she holds Marko close as he screams like a banshee after cutting Paul off.

When they reach the cave, Marko leaps off of his bike and makes a beeline for David. They talk quietly and intensely, the same way they did at the boardwalk the first night she met them. Marko beckons her over, takes her hand, and they head into the cave. The others follow a few minutes later as Marko is dragging her to a dark portion of the cave.

"Where are you taking me?" Sofie giggles.

"I made a bedroom for you - well, us."

Sofie's heart melts and her eyes well up with tears. She brushes them away with one hand before he notices. He leads her into a large bedroom at the back of the cave. There's no door, but he's hung thick dark blue curtains from the ceiling to give her some privacy. The space is beautiful. He's filled it with candles, dried flowers, faux skulls, and a variety of bookshelves. It seems like he's pilfered some of the books from her apartment. Her copy of Frankenstein is nestled beside an old battered copy of Wuthering Heights. Her heart soars and she gasps and giggles into her hands. Marko wraps his arms around her waist and presses his lips against her neck.

"You like it?"

She nods.

"It's beautiful," she hums. "You're so thoughtful."

"Anything for you, my love."

Sofie nuzzles against him, burying her face in his chest. The energy between them shifts. She can feel every emotion burning in him. Her fingers trace gentle circles on beneath his collarbone as she feels his cool skin next to hers. Marko looks down and flashes her a coy smile. He pulls her onto his lap and into a seated position at the edge of the bed. Sofie immediately wraps her legs around his waist. Their lips crash and they attempt to devour each other. Her chest swells and her adrenaline goes haywire as Marko tugs on her bottom lip with his teeth while he shrugs his jacket off and lets Sofie tear his shirt to pieces. She moans and runs her fingernails down his back, drawing small rivulets of blood from his skin. Marko groans and in an instant, she's flipped onto her back, her arms pinned above her head. She flashes him a devilish grin and her eyes flick toward her purse, which she's abandoned near the curtain. Marko glances over his shoulder and turns back to her, matching her smile.

"Babe, if you're worried about condoms, I have good news for you..."

Sofie rolls her eyes and chuckles.

"For someone who can read my mind, you sure are shitty at it some days."

"Well, nobody's perfect."

"Go look in the front pocket."

Marko huffs and lets out a small whine.

"Can't it wait? I'm... occupied."

"I promise you'll like it," she breathes.

Marko raises his eyebrows and rolls off of the bed.

"Well, now I'm intrigued," he mumbles, zipping open the bag. The claw marks on his back have already begun to heal. He looks up, confused and slightly defeated. "It's just your underwear in here. It's nice, but I prefer it on the floor... Wait, why do you have extra underwear in here?"

Sofie rolls her eyes.

"From the other night. They were in your pocket and I took them back."

Marko frowns.

"Those were expensive!" She laughs and gestures at him to keep going. "Check the bottom of the pocket."

He obliges and pulls two spools of rope from the bag. A loud laugh escapes his lips and he glances over at Sofie who beams proudly.

"I stole that from the supply closet tonight."

She slowly pulls her shirt over her head, tosses it at him, and shakes her hair out. Sofie rarely feels attractive, she's just good at faking it. But with Marko, she believes she's beautiful; ethereal. He sees it too. She can tell by the way he looks at her - not just now, but always. She licks her lips. He whimpers.

"You have no idea what you do to me."

She inches back toward the headboard and puts her arms out.

"Likewise," she replies, grinning.

Marko's eyes darken. Sofie tilts her head to the side and bites her lip. He tosses the rope onto the bed and carefully peels his jeans and boxer shorts off. Sofie could look at him all day. He's so hot, it's almost offensive. She giggles and he straddles her, slowly tying one wrist to the bedpost. He stops and kisses her. It's soft and sweet.

"Comfortable?"

She nods.

"Good."

He proceeds to tie her other wrist to the opposite post as Sofie draws in a shaky breath. Marko cups her face in his hands. His fangs have dropped and his golden eyes roam across her face, drinking in every inch of skin, every line, every detail. With anyone else, she would feel self-conscious, but with him, the connection is effortless. He ghosts his lips over her ear and bites down into the soft flesh. She moans and her legs threaten to twitch, but Marko holds them firmly in place beneath his thighs. He's in complete control, but she trusts him implicitly. Sofie's eyelids flutter open as his mouth moves down her neck to her shoulder, sucking and biting dark bruises onto her skin. He bites down. Hard. Sofie lets out a scream and her eyes roll back into their sockets as he drinks from her. There's no pain, just a beautiful jolt of electricity that makes her shudder against him. One of his hands is in her hair while the other traces delicate, soft circles down her abdomen. His finger circles her clit lightly, teasing soft whimpers from her lips. She bucks her hips, desperate for more direct pressure, but he denies her, pulling back. His cock is pressed against her, so, so close to her entrance. Her arousal coils to the point that she begins to feel a desperate, painful throbbing between her legs. She whimpers, sobs, and lets out soft, frustrated moans, only to be met by his mouth covering hers. His fingertips lightly tease her entrance and he lets out a low chuckle while a series of obscenities tumble from Sofie's lips.

"You know what I want," she hisses.

He sticks his bottom lip out in a mock pout.

"Do I?"

His voice is low, dangerous, and verging on the edge of mockery. She feels her fangs drop and she snarls. To appease her, he slowly slides two fingers into her heat, relishing the way her breath hitches. She moans, half with delight and half with relief and Marko watches every single muscle twitch in her face as he thrusts in and out of her. His pace is agonizingly slow, but every once in a while, he curls his beautiful fingers slightly upward, just barely grazing her g-spot. Sofie lets out small sobs and bucks her hips upward to meet his hand. Marko slows down even more and her eyes burn into his. She tries to pull her arms away from the bedposts. She wants to touch him, to stroke him, to feel every inch of his skin. Marko lets out a soft tut of disapproval and shakes his head.

"Be patient."

"I need..."

She trails off, unable to think, much less finish her sentence.

"I know, babydoll," he purrs. He leans forward and captures her lips with his own. They're soft against hers, and she can taste her own blood still lingering on the tip of his tongue. Another snarl escapes her throat and her body jerks in frustration at the fact that she can't grasp at fistfuls of his gorgeous golden hair. Marko's lips trail down her body, his fangs sinking into her neck, her breasts, and her thighs. Marking his territory and leaving dark bruises along the way. His fingers continue to pump in and out of her at an agonizing pace and hums into her inner thigh, teasing the wound with his tongue. Sofie can't take it anymore. In a moment of passion, she breaks free of her restraints, relief rushing over her at the sound of the ropes snapping. Marko looks up and laughs, pulling his fingers away, licking them clean. She bites her lip.

"You don't play fair."

Marko shrugs and his face breaks into a coy smile.

"So do something about it."

Sofie grunts and flips him onto his back. She pins him down with her thighs and reaches for the rope. Effortlessly, she binds both of his wrists and places them above his head. Marko watches, entirely passive, but his eyes are dark and full of lust. The way he looks at her tells her that he's been hoping for this.

"Fuck, I love you," he growls.

She strokes him slowly, pulling soft moans from his lips. When the ache between her legs returns, she positions herself just so and eases herself onto him as slowly as possible, stopping a few times to take in the sight of his eyes rolling into the back of his head. Sofie leans forward and grasps his chin, turning his head to face her. His eyes are still golden but clouded with desire. He's so fucking beautiful, she hopes she never gets tired of looking at him. He moans her name and it sends shivers down her spine. She lowers herself down completely and ghosts her lips across his jawline.

"I'm yours," she breathes.

He responds with a gasp and a loud groan as Sofie's hips begin to rock back and forth against his. The ache disappears and her skin tingles. She throws her head back and moans loudly.

"Look at me," Marko whispers.

She looks down, locking eyes with him as the pace of her hips quicken. He sucks in a shuddering breath and Sofie can sense that he's teetering on the edge. Her fingers make quick work of untying his binds and instantly, his hands are all over her body, setting her skin ablaze. She gasps and cries out as he twists her nipples in between his thumb and forefinger. Her fingers dive for his hair and grip hard as she feels herself hurtling toward her climax. He grips her waist so tightly that she can feel more bruises beginning to form on her skin. His hips rise up to meet hers and they set an animalistic, feverish pace, both of them moaning and snarling as they approach their orgasms.

"Marko, I'm -"

"That's it, baby," he urges. "Come on."

Sofie instantly begins to fall apart - her body writhes and shakes through her climax. Marko isn't far behind, slamming his hips into hers. She doesn't have time to come down from her high before he hits the soft bundle of nerves and she comes again, harder this time. She lets out a desperate howl and the sight of her head rolling back and her coming completely unraveled is enough for Marko to reach his own climax. He moans loudly, spilling into her as the pad of his thumb circles her clit. Sofie gasps and mewls. Their rhythm eventually stills. She comes back down to earth and looks down at him. Her poppy red lipstick is smeared across her mouth and up onto her cheek like warpaint. She laughs. Marko looks exhausted as he gazes at her through heavy-lids.

"Holy shit," she whispers. "I feel like we get better at this every time."

He laughs and pulls her down for a kiss. It's slow and sensual. He really does like to take his time.

"You were incredible."

"So were you."

She rolls off of him and nuzzles against his chest. Marko runs a hand through her hair and breathes deeply.

"Are we always going to be like this?" Sofie whispers.

"What do you mean?"

"What we have. Does it ever..."

"Fade?"

"Yeah."

"Our bond is strong, but it could be stronger."

"How?"

"There's a ritual. We're branded with silver, we drink from each other -"

"In front of Max and the others?"

Marko nods. She grins.

"So, it's like a wedding."

"Sort of. It's deeper than that."

A long silence settles between them. Marko gently strokes her head and she traces small circles on his chest with her fingertips. Suddenly, she feels the urge to cry. Sofie sits with the feeling, overwhelmed by all of the love that she has for this pure and perfect being lying beneath her. She's his entirely, and he's hers. She never wants to lose this. Sofie feels tears sting her eyes and begin to stream down her face. She lets the feeling wash over her like a wave and soft, quiet sobs wrack her body. Marko holds her tightly. Rather than push her tears away and tell her not to cry, he simply breathes with her and hums a song she's never heard before. His voice is like honey. Sofie focuses on the melody and, eventually, her tears stop. She looks up at him. He goes quiet.

"I'll do it." She whispers.

He looks surprised.

"You will?"

She kisses him.

"I want this forever."

"Me too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.2K 840 48
The Lost Boys fanfiction by BloodyWritingPen Now on Ao3 -- A bleak out look meets vampires, a girl and her family move to Santa Clara lets just see w...
74.3K 1.8K 24
"Turn on the night, yeah, I wanna feel this feeling getting stronger" - KISS Madeline Thompson was a teen mom. Her and her son, Laddie, traveled aro...
13.2K 304 19
17 years ago out in the middle of nowhere in Santa Carla, four boys who are creatures of the night kill a husband and wife who just happened to be in...
51.8K 1.6K 46
❝ I lost you in the silence, bleeding through the walls; a sorrow came that ceased to leave & took you from my arms... ❞ - Drac...