Sunflower Girl [1]

By _nirvana_lover_

In which Emma Harrington, Steve Harrington's little sister, had to deal with the disappearance of her best fr... More

Sunflower Girl
Cast
The Vanishing of Will Byers
The Weirdo on Marple Street
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
Holly, Jolly
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Body
The Flea and the Acrobat
The Flea and The Acrobat
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Monster
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Bathtub
The Upside Down
The Upside Down
Sunflower Girl [2]

The Upside Down

357 7 0
By _nirvana_lover_

"Hey Jonathan.",I greeted my best friend with a wide grin and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hey, Ems. What are you doing here?",the boy asked me.

It was Christmas Eve and I was standing with bags and presents in front of the Wheeler house.

I raised the several bags in my hands. "I have some gifts for everyone. Wait a sec. Here...this one's for you. It's from Steve and me."

"From you and Steve?",he asked with raised eyebrows.

I handed him the bag with a grin. "Come on, open it."

The boy smiled nervously and opened the bag.

My best friend's eyes widened. "Are you insane, Emma? I can't accept this."

"I insist, Jonathan. It's only fair since Steve broke your old camera. It's just a replacement for the old one.",I replied. (Let's pretend Nancy got him something else)

"A replacement?",Jonathan scoffed. "I am pretty sure that this camera is much better than my old one. The lens is incredible."

I smiled. "Well, than that's even better."

"You're insane, Emma Harrington.",my best friend said and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I know.",I answered with a grin.

"I-I didn't get you anything.",the Byers mumbled.

"That doesn't matter, Jonathan. Your friendship is enough for me.",I spoke.

"That's cheesy."

"EMMA!",the boys exclaimed when I entered the basement.

I scrunched my nose. "Have you guys been farting all day?"

Lucas chuckled. "That's just Dustin. He farted."

The Sinclair made some silly farting noises and laughed.

"Okay. Very mature, Lucas.",Dustin said annoyed.

"Anyway.",I mumbled. "I have gifts for you guys."

I was immediately surrounded by the boys.

"Careful, boys.",I chuckled and handed everyone their bags.

"Wow, Emma. Thank you so much.",Lucas exclaimed happily and looked at his new slingshot.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Emma.",Will suddenly exclaimed and nudged Mike next to him in his ribs. "We have something for you as well."

Mike quickly grabbed something from the table.
It was a jewel case.

"It's nothing special next to your awesome gifts.",Will mumbled timidly.

I took the jewel case and opened it.

"Wow.",I gasped. "It's beautiful."

It was a simple gold chain with a beautiful, beautiful sunflower pendant.

I gently stroked over it with my fingertips.

"I love it.",I mumbled. "It's one of the best gifts I've ever got."

I pulled the guys into a tight group hug.

"Thank you.",I muttered. "I love you guys."

"We love you too.",they replied in union.

Jonathan behind us cleared his throat. "We have to go now, Will."

The boy nodded and grabbed his backpack. "Bye, guys."

"Bye, Will."

"I'm coming with you guys.",I exclaimed. "I just wanted to drop the gifts off anyway."

"You don't stay here? Steve's gonna be here all night. Where will you spend Christmas Eve?",Mike asked confused.

"Little Lord Fauntleroy is waiting for me. You know I watch that every year since it came out.",I replied with a smile. "I'm gonna be fine. My parents aren't at home so it's gonna be pretty chill."

Mike shrugged his shoulders. "Alright. Well, have a good night, Sunny."

Jonathan and Will were already upstairs in the kitchen with Mrs. Wheeler when I approached them.

I put the bag in, which the gift for her and Mr. Wheeler was, on the table.

"Hi Karen. This is for you and Ted. My parents drink that wine a lot so I thought you might like it as well.",I spoke to the woman.

"Oh Emma, that wouldn't have been necessary. Thank you, honey.",the woman exclaimed and pulled me into a hug.

I smiled. "I have to go now. Merry Christmas, Karen."

"Merry Christmas.",she replied.

I walked into the hallway and saw Nancy who was waving at Jonathan and Will who were leaving the house.

"Nance.",I called her name.

She turned around with a confused expression. "Emmy, what are you doing here?"

I gave her the last bag in my hand. "This is for you. Merry Christmas."

She smiled at me. "Wait here."

She quickly rushed upstairs to probably get my gift.

I smiled to myself and thought about what amazing friends I had.

But I was also a bit sad.

This was the first Christmas without Barb.

Nancy, me and her would always call each other after we got our gifts and talk about them.
Then we would meet up and watch movies and eat cookies but now...

Nancy and I haven't really talked about the whole Barbara thing.
I think she tried to cope with the whole situation by simply not talking about it and pretending that Barb wasn't dead, but something told me that Nancy would explode under this burden at some point.

My thoughts were interrupted when the girl returned with something in her hands.

"Merry Christmas, Emmy.",she said and pulled me into a hug.

"Shall we open them together?",I asked with a smile.

"Open yours first.",she demanded.

I unwrapped the gift and started to smile.

Nancy got me a book I wanted to read for ages and a mixtape.

"I know Jonathan usually does the mixtapes but I wanted you to have something that reminds you of me when you see it or in this case listen to it.",Nancy explained.

I smiled at her widely. "It's amazing, Nance. Thank you so much. I love it!"

Now it was Nancy's turn.

I bought her this dress that she always looked at when we were shopping, but never bought it because it wasn't exactly cheap and surprise, surprise, a mixtape.

"Oh my God.",Nancy gasped. "You didn't!"

I chuckled. "I know how much you wanted it. I bet it will look fantastic on you."

"Thank you, Emmy.",she mumbled.

"You're welcome."

"Tell Steve I gave the gift to Jonathan when he arrives, alright?",I said to her when I put on my coat.

"I will. Merry Christmas, Emmy."

"Merry Christmas."

My cheeks were bright red when I arrived at Mirkwood and hopped off my bike.

I smiled when I saw the familiar car and approached it.

"Hey Hops.",I said and entered the car.

"Hey kid. I've got some cookies from the department. You want some?",Hopper offered.

We were doing this for some time now.

Meeting here at Mirkwood and dropping off some cookies or eggos in the forest.

We just hoped that Eleven was still out there and save.

"I already ate at home.",I replied and then reached into my coat pocket. "I have something for you though."

I gave him a small present and watched him unwrap it.

"I know you already own one but I thought you might think of me when you look at it.",I explained.

It was a knife.
I saw it when I was at the weapon shop with Nancy and Jonathan.

"Thank you, Emma.",the man mumbled with a smile while looking at his new pocket knife.

"You're welcome. Merry Christmas, Hops."

"Merry Christmas, Emma."

Ahhhhh the last chapter

Thank you for reading Emma's journey in season 1!!!

I'm so excited that on Friday we will get vol.1 of season 4 CAN'T WAIT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 558 17
𝐀 π’π­π«πšπ§π πžπ« 𝐓𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 π’π­πžπ―πž π‡πšπ«π«π’π§π π­π¨π§ 𝐱 πŽπ‚ π’πžπšπ¬π¨π§ 𝟐 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 π˜πŽπ”π‘ πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍...
443K 11.1K 18
[COMPLETED] *set AFTER the events of season three!* an unexpected guest arrives in hawkins, making mike wheeler reconsider his entire life. he starts...
389 8 9
α΄›Κœα΄‡ Κ™α΄€Κ™Κκœ±Ιͺα΄›α΄›α΄‡Κ€κœ± || κœ±α΄›α΄‡α΄ α΄‡ Κœα΄€Κ€Κ€Ιͺɴɒᴛᴏɴ uoΚ‡Ι“uıɹɹɐH ΗΚŒΗΚ‡S || sɹǝʇʇısʎqɐᙠ ǝΙ₯βŠ₯ Stranger Things Steve Harrington Steve Harrington x Reader Steve Harrington...
12 0 3
β€’strangerthingsβ€’ Smiles fake and laughs dull She can never be the same It will just never end β€’strangerthingsβ€’