The Monster

The Bargain Store by Dolly Parton was playing on the radio

I was sitting in the corner of the little weapon shop downtown and tapped my foot to the beat of the song while Nancy and Jonathan were collecting all the things we needed for our monster hunt.

I stared walking around but stopped when I saw a few knives lying on the sales counter.

"How much for that?",I asked with interest and took one of the knives to give it a closer look.

"13 Dollar.",the man answered.

I grabbed my purse and handed him the money. "You can keep the rest."

Nancy and Jonathan quickly approached the counter and put everything on it.

"What you kids doin' whit all this?",the cashier asked us confused.

I would've asked that as well.
That was lots of stuff.

"Monster hunting.",Nancy replied in a serious tone.

The man scoffed but didn't seem to care.

Hopper should definitely check that guy up.
I don't think selling all that stuff to teenagers was legal.

"Monster hunting?",Jonathan asked with a smile as we approached his car.

"You know, last week I was shopping for a new top I thought Steve might like. It took Barb, Emmy and me all weekend. It seemed like life or death, you know?",Nancy started to talk.

I actually don't think Jonathan ever tried to impress Steve but yes, I think he got it.

"And...now-." "You're shopping for bear traps with Jonathan Byers and your best friend.",Jonathan finished the brunette's sentence with a small smile.

"Yeah."

I smiled. "But it's not that bad, right? We're great company."

"Yeah, totally."

"What's the weirdest part? Me or the bear trap?",asked Jonathan amused.

"You. It's definitely you.",Nancy giggled.

I chuckled. I mean, she was not wrong though.

A car horn honking got my attention.

It was Reed's car, a boy from school and, what a big suprise, a total douche.