The Upside Down

"Hey Jonathan

"Hey Jonathan.",I greeted my best friend with a wide grin and pulled him into a tight hug.

"Hey, Ems. What are you doing here?",the boy asked me.

It was Christmas Eve and I was standing with bags and presents in front of the Wheeler house.

I raised the several bags in my hands. "I have some gifts for everyone. Wait a sec. Here...this one's for you. It's from Steve and me."

"From you and Steve?",he asked with raised eyebrows.

I handed him the bag with a grin. "Come on, open it."

The boy smiled nervously and opened the bag.

My best friend's eyes widened. "Are you insane, Emma? I can't accept this."

"I insist, Jonathan. It's only fair since Steve broke your old camera. It's just a replacement for the old one.",I replied. (Let's pretend Nancy got him something else)

"A replacement?",Jonathan scoffed. "I am pretty sure that this camera is much better than my old one. The lens is incredible."

I smiled. "Well, than that's even better."

"You're insane, Emma Harrington.",my best friend said and pulled me into a tight hug.

"I know.",I answered with a grin.

"I-I didn't get you anything.",the Byers mumbled.

"That doesn't matter, Jonathan. Your friendship is enough for me.",I spoke.

"That's cheesy."

"EMMA!",the boys exclaimed when I entered the basement.

I scrunched my nose. "Have you guys been farting all day?"

Lucas chuckled. "That's just Dustin. He farted."

The Sinclair made some silly farting noises and laughed.

"Okay. Very mature, Lucas.",Dustin said annoyed.

"Anyway.",I mumbled. "I have gifts for you guys."

I was immediately surrounded by the boys.

"Careful, boys.",I chuckled and handed everyone their bags.

"Wow, Emma. Thank you so much.",Lucas exclaimed happily and looked at his new slingshot.

"I'm glad you like it."

"Emma.",Will suddenly exclaimed and nudged Mike next to him in his ribs. "We have something for you as well."

Mike quickly grabbed something from the table.
It was a jewel case.

"It's nothing special next to your awesome gifts.",Will mumbled timidly.

I took the jewel case and opened it.

"Wow.",I gasped. "It's beautiful."

It was a simple gold chain with a beautiful, beautiful sunflower pendant.