The Weirdo on Marple Street

Nancy, Barb and I were walking down the hall together

Barb was asking Nancy questions for our chem test and I was mumbling the answers to myself.

"When alpha particles go through gold foil, they become..." "Unoccupied space.",Nancy answered.

"A molecule that can-",Barb was interrupted by someone ripping her index cards out of her hands.

I sighed when I saw my dearest brother with an amused grin on his lips and his stupid friends Carol and Tommy H behind him.

"Hey!",Nancy exclaimed with a grin, obviously not as mad as she should be.

Steve grinned. "I don't know, I think you studied enough, Nance."

"Steve-",my best friend whined.

"I'm telling you, you know, you got this. Don't worry.",my brother encouraged the girl. "Now, on to more important matters."

I sighed. I could definitely tell where this was going.

Our parents had left town so he probably would want to throw one his famous parties and wohoo Nancy was invited.

"My dad has left town on a conference and my mom's gone with him, 'cause, you know, she doesn't trust him." "Good call.",Tommy interrupted Steve amused.

"Oh shut up, Tommy.",I exclaimed, feeling nothing but pure hate for that asshole.

"Oh, did I make the little princess upset?",he mocked me. "I hate to break it to you, sweetheart, but I don't think your daddy is doing business when he's traveling."

I got a few steps closer to Tommy and looked him firmly in the eye. "Call me "sweetheart" once again and see what happens, asshole."

He grinned like an idiot. "Uh, now I'm scared."

I clenched my fists and suppressed the urge to slap him in his stupid, stupid face.

Before anything could've happened that would make my school record look bad I turned around and walked away.

God I hated them so much.

I couldn't believe Nancy wanted to hang out with people like that.
They were such assholes.

Thank God, I saw Jonathan standing at the school entrance.

"Hey Jonathan.",I approached the boy with a smile and gave him a long hug.

"Hey, Sunflower.",he mumbled into my hair.