The Upside Down

"Remember

"Remember...-" "Straight into Will's room. And-." "Don't step on the trap." "Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then we'll light this place up.",I muttered.

"All right.",Jonathan mumbled. "You guys ready?"

Nancy and I looked at each other.

"Ready."

I grabbed the knife the Byers gave me and took a deep breath.

"On three.",the boy said.

"One..."

"Two..."

"You don't have to do this-.",Jonathan tried to say.

I groaned. "Jonathan, shut up and don't be a freaking chicken right now."

"I'm just saying, you don't have to-.",he continued but I interrupted him by yelling "Three".

I closed my eyes and sliced with no hesitation into the palm of my hand.

"Did you hear that?"

"It's just the wind, Nance.",I mumbled.

"Don't worry.",Jonathan spoke up. "My mom, she said the light speak when it comes."

"Speak?",Nancy and I asked confused.

"Blink.",he corrected himself. "Think of them as alarms."

I looked at my bandaged hand and grinned a bit. "That's gonna be such an awesome scar. We can tell everyone we fought some demons or shit."

Nancy rolled her eyes with a small smile. "I wish we didn't have them in the first place."

"You have no imagination, Nancy.",I mumbled and turned around to look at the baseball bat in my hand.

Jonathan hammered some nail in it and if you were asking me it looked really dope.
Like I was a dragon slayer or something.

I really hoped that this was enough to fight this creature.

Loud banging on the door scared the hell out of me.

Nancy and Jonathan gasped in union and grabbed each other's hands.

I raised my brow and looked at their intertwined hands.
Nancy and I definitely needed to talk.

"Jonathan?",a voice yelled. "Are you there, man? It's...it's Steve."

My eyes widened. "What the actually fuck?"

"Listen, I just want to talk.",my brother said and the banging continued.

"I'm gonna handle this.",I muttered and got up from the sofa.

I opened the door. "Steve- Jesus you look like shit, listen eh- you need to leave, alright?"