The Body

"Hi Karen, is Mike here?"

I was standing in front of the Wheeler house and smiled at Mike's mom.

I quickly made my way to his house and hoped to meet the rest of the boys there as well.

Karen gave me a small smile. "He's in the basement with Lucas and Dustin. Come on in. It's cold outside, honey."

I stepped into the house and watched Karen putting on her shoes.

"I'm gonna go now so you're in charge if that's okay with you.",the woman informed me.

I nodded. "Yes, of course. Bye Karen."

I quickly approached the basement door and knocked a few times. "Mike? It's me, Emma."

"Come in.",his voice yelled through the door.

I opened the door and went downstairs where the boys and Eleven were sitting.

"Emma, thank God you are here!",Mike exclaimed relieved. "We called at your house but no one picked up the phone. We really need your help. Will's alive."

"Mike...What are you talking about?",I frowned. "We saw his body being pulled out of the water yesterday."

"Eleven found him. She channeled him on my Walkie-Talkie. We heard him.",Mike argued.

"But- I was just at the Coroner with Jonathan and Joyce. They definitely identified his body. How could he still be alive?"

"That must be the wrong Will. Maybe it's a dummy or something.",the boy replied.

I sighed and looked at Eleven who was fiddling around on the Walkie-Talkie in her hands.

So many strange things have happened lately. Maybe the little girl was really able to find Will.

I just didn't want to accept that he's dead.
He can't be.
Not my little Will Byers.

"How can I help?"

"Okay...don't freak out. This is a brush. You can apply this-",I pointed at the red blush in my hands. "with it. It doesn't hurt. If Nancy bought some good products it will actually be really smooth and might tickle a bit."

Eleven looked at me with her big eyes and slowly nodded.

We decided to sneak into middle school and use the Heathkit because it had a higher frequency, which meant that there was a greater chance for Eleven to find Will with it.

But since we would attract everyone's attention with a little girl with a buzzcut the boys and I decided to dress her up with one of Nancy's old dresses and a blonde wig we used to play with.

I carefully brought the brush up to her cheek and swiped it over.
Eleven flinched a bit but quickly got used to the feeling.

I smiled softly when she closed her eyes, seeing how relaxed she was.