Connections

By awsmpants

[COMPLETED] "Its you and me. Us...forever. No matter the year, time, past...future." ... More

Prologue
Part 1: The First Avenger
1: Mission
2: Steve
3: Hit Me
4: Jump
5: Whips and Fiddle
6: You
7: Us, Forever
8: Last Mission
9: See You Again
10: The Return
11: Adjustments
Part II: Hydra
12: Taken
13: The Rules
14: Hotel Inessa
15: Off the Grid
16: Grim Reaper
17: Remembrance
18: A Plan
19: The Winter Soldier Program
20: Escape
Part III: Recovery
21: Forgotten
22: Comfort
23: Recall
24: Boxed
Part IV: The Winter Soldier
25: Museum
26: Fury
27: Run and Hide
28: Run
29: Falcon
30: Sitwell
31: Bucky
32: Memories
33: The Kind You Save
34: Find You Again
35: A New Path
Part V: Age Of Ultron
36: Celebration
37: Ultron
38: Reunited
39: Lost In Darkness
40: Pawns
Part VI: Civil War
41: The Search
42: The Sokovia Accords
43: Peggy Carter
44: Romania
45: Berlin
46: Not the Only One
47: Safe House
48: Little Calm
49: Helmut Zemo
49: The Truth
50: Wakanda
51: Tony Stark
53: Layla and the Time Stone
54: The Surprise
Epilogue
Authors Note

52: Doctor Strange

199 6 1
By awsmpants

I stood around emptiness. Complete silence and darkness surrounded me. I looked around thinking I could see something...anything by me. "Hello?" I called out. Thinking maybe someone would hear me.

No one responded.

I felt my nerves began to flow throughout my body. Wherever I was gave me a sense of uneasiness. For whatever reason it was.

I continued forward. Hopefully the pitch black surrounding me would lead me somewhere. Flipping my head back and forth. Looking for something. What I was looking for I never could figure out.

Suddenly a light began to illuminate the darkness ahead of me. Slowly becoming brighter and brighter. I lifted my arm over my head. Blocking the painful light. My eyes strained from it. As they began to adjust, my hand moved down slowly. Taking in the object creating it.

Six stones circled in front of me. Each on a different color. Two of the color I recognized immediately. Yellow, the mind stone. Then green, the time stone.

They were infinity stones.

⍟⍟⍟

I stood outside the large building in New York City. The familiar bronze plate by the door of 177a Bleecker Street reflected the sun. I took a deep breath, staring at my past from the bottom steps.

The dream I had were becoming reoccurring. Something that was making me feel uneasy. Especially after what Thor had told me. Someone was trying to collect the infinity stones and I felt somehow I was being warned about it.

Since Bucky was put to sleep, the dreams started up. The same one almost every night. At first it was just darkness, only till now were they showing me the infinity stones. I know if I kept trying to see more, I'd eventually stumble upon something I didn't want to see.

Death.

I left after the most recent one. Shuri and T'challa promising me to call if anything came up with Bucky. I hated leaving him. The thought that he would wake up while I was gone brought me nothing but guilt. However, I needed to understand why I was having these dreams.

There was only one person who could put my mind at ease.

I walked up the steps quickly. Just wanting to get this over with. It had been years since I'd been at the place I once called home. The day Shield brought me back was the last time I'd been home. Not even keeping in contact with my old masters.

As I reached the top step the blue door in front of me swung open. I figured as much. Knowing full well that The Ancient One probably already knew I was coming by.

I walked in and stopped in front of the wooden grand staircase. Looking around the room. Some things had changed since I'd last been here. Small differences in decorations. "Hello? Master? Wong?" I called out. Hoping someone would come down.

I circled my body around. Staring back at the door. Thinking how maybe I was overthinking and could just go home. I flipped forward once more, seeing the room had suddenly changed. Bookshelves and a desk stood in front of me instead. Obviously now in the study. I scrunched my face in confusion as a voice spoke out.

"Give me a minute." He said nonchalantly as he walked by. He was a tall man with brown hair mixed with white streaks and a beard. Blue robes that matched the normal attire here. The red cape, what I recognized as the Cloak of Levitation that was once put on display, now trailed behind him.

"I need a strand of your hair." He spoke up again.

"Excuse me?" I replied back. The man turned and looked at me before shaking his head.

"No not you." He waved his hand and a sudden crash emerged behind me. I turned around seeing a familiar bulky god standing by a pile of books that fell around him. The now broken that once held them on the floor as well from being used to try and keep him up.

"Thor?" I called out. Thor turned before a smile emerged on his face.

"Lady Black! What a pleasure to see you." He replied excitedly. A glass of beer in his hand sloshed around as he walked up to me quickly, spilling onto the floor. "What-why are you at the wizards?"

I opened my mouth to answer but before I could the man behind me spoke up again, "Touching reunion but like I said. I need a strand of your hair."

Thor stood boastfully, "Let me explain something. My hair is not to be muddle with-" Thor winced in pain suddenly as the man walked behind him and grabbed a strand. Thor rubbed his head as the man began to make intricate movements with his hands. As he did and orange light emerged in between his hands. Almost like a string of sparklers.

The room shifted once more as I felt my footing hit the staircase in the front foyer. The man changing our location again. Below me Thor fell to his knees. His body rolling down the steps. straight to the bottom of the staircase.

He quickly stood up. Adjusting his shirt. He looked over at the man before looking up at me as I stepped down to the floor. Face scrunching into confusion. Wondering how I didn't fall as well.

"What is he doing?" Thor asked me.

I watched his hands move, creating an intricate symbol with the orange light. I recognized it from the few studies I had with Wong.

"Making a portal for wherever your going." I said as I rubbed my forehead. I was just getting more and more confused. I shook off the incoming headache and looked up at Thor, "Wait why are you even here?"

Thor raised his eyebrows. Both of us realized that we never got to our reasons for coming here, "Oh that! Right I-"

The man wave two fingers in a circle. Creating a portal that entered into what seemed to be a grassy field. "He's waiting for you." He said straightforwardly. Cutting off our conversation once more, "Oh and don't forget your umbrella.

"Ah, yes." Thor said quietly, shooting his arm out beside him. A crash could be heard in the other room as we all stood there waiting for something to happen. Then a few more crashes. Then another...

"S...sorry." Thor said quietly as an umbrella shot across the room. I quickly moved myself out of the way. Cursing under my breath as the umbrella stopped in Thor's hand, nearly missing my head. He gave me a weary look, feeling bad for almost knocking me out.

"I suppose I'll need my brother back." Thor said, brushing glass off his umbrella.

The man quickly lifted his hand up with an "Oh". Realizing he forgot another person he began circling his fingers around, and creating another portal above us. A loud yell could be heard echoing through it. The voice became louder and louder until a man fell through the portal. Landing on the floor beside me, face down with a thud.

He had long slicked black hair, and a nice all black suit. He flipped his head up, causing the hair that fell around his face back.

"I have been falling...for thirty minutes!" He yelled as he stood back up. Brushing the dirt off his suit. He turned to us, looking at the three of us confused. My expression most definitely matching his.

"Oh, Lady Black. This is my brother, Loki. Loki this is one of my friends, Layla Black." Thor said as he gestured between the two of us.

I tilted my head, knowing full well who this was. Loki dipped his head down. Giving me a thin but annoyed smile, "Pleasure." He said but by his tone it was obvious that it wasn't pleasurable at all.

I crossed my arms over my chest. Eyeing him from head to toe, "So you're the reason the Avengers took a while to break me out of that hell hole Hydra prison." I gave him a fake smile.

Loki's face fell to pure confusion as he dipped his head forward once more, "I beg your pardon?"

Thor rested his hand onto Loki's shoulder, giving it a squeeze. It was obvious that it was a painful one judging by Loki's wince, "Ah yes, dear brother. When you decided to try to take over New York. It seemed to be the perfect distraction for Hydra...who are very bad people by the way...to kidnap Lady Black. And since we were busy dealing with you, Ms. Black, you see, was trapped there. Tortured, you know. All types of bad things. All...because of your brilliant plan."

Loki's eyes shifted from Thor. Then back to me. I just gave him a sly smirk as I glared. Making Loki shift a bit. He noticed the evil stare. Countering it with a quick smile.

"I'm sorry." He replied.

"Oh you will be." I said keeping my tall stance. Loki's smile faded and his eyes widened. However before he could say anything another portal appeared behind the two asgardians.

"Okay that's enough." The man said. Forcing the two through it. I watched the orange sparkle dim. Realizing I never got an answer as to why Thor was even here. Let alone his brother joining him.

The room shifted quickly once more. My body falling into a chair. Back in the study, the man sat down in front of me. Intertwining his fingers together that were covered by yellow gloves.

"Tea?" He asked.

I nodded my head, still wondering who this man even was. I felt something suddenly appear in my hand. Looking down at it, a simple tea cup now sat in the once empty hand.

"What can I do for you, Ms. Black?" He asked.

I furrowed my brows again, "Wait...who are you Mr-"

"Doctor" He replied quickly.

"Doctor?"

"Its Strange."

I paused. Staring at him. More confused now than ever before. "What?"

"Doctor. Stephen. Strange." He emphasized.

I took a sip of my drink. Now just annoyed. "You should just lead with that instead..." I muttered under my breath. I shook my head. Setting the cup down onto the end table beside my chair. Reminding myself why I was here.

"Where's the Ancient One. I need to speak with her."

Strange's head tilted a bit. A solome look now sitting on his face as he shifting in his seat, "Right...you wouldn't know." He said quietly, "She died."

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I fell back deeper into the chair. It was a shock. Knowing how long she had lived, I never thought there would be a day that she would be gone. I let out a small sigh. Disappointed in myself for not coming sooner. Or even staying in contact. "I'm sorry." I said to Strange but felt more as an outward apology to my old master.

Strange just nodded his head. Getting up from the chair and facing towards the large circular window at the end of the room. "I watch over the New York Sanctum now." H said and turned to me, "So I ask again. What can I help you with?"

I nodded my head. Sitting up from my seat. I explained the dreams. Every detail I could. Explaining the warning Thor had given us long ago. How mores stones have been appearing the past few years. Strange just sat quietly. Resting his head against his fingers and listened to my concern. He nodded his head when I finished.

Moving his hand the room shifted once more. The two of us walked down a small hallway. His cape flowing beside me, almost as if it was moving on its own.

"The time stone is protected by me." He said as we walked, "It's always stayed here. Is always with me wherever I go."

I stayed silent as we made our way to the end of the hallway. In the room in front of us stood a simple concrete pedestal. The Eye of Agamotto standing on top of it.

Strange held his arm out. Guiding me into the room. I walked in slowly. As if afraid to get close. Staring down the relic in front of us as he followed behind me. He moved towards it. Resting his hands on the pedestal. Giving me a simple smile.

"See? It's not going anywhere anytime soon." He said.

Suddenly, the Eye of Agamotto began to shake. I stepped back as Strange furrowed his brows towards me. Quickly shifting his eyes down towards the noise coming from the metal hitting the concrete.

"Whats happening?" I asked concerningly.

"I don't know." He answered, looking down at it worried. The gold necklace continued to shake. Each of us worried to interact with it in its current state.

It stopped suddenly and the intricate pieces on the necklace slid open. A bright green stone appearing inside of it. I tilted my head. Looking up at Strange as he watched the stone.

It slowly slid itself out of the necklace. Floating itself into the air in front of us. I stared as the green glowing rock slowly made its way towards me. I stared up as it floated in front of me. My breathing stopped as I cupped my hands together. Letting the stone fall into them.

"What the hell is this?" I asked Strange. My words shaking. He just stood there looking as confused as I was.

"Layla?" I heard a familiar voice call out to me. I turned around, stone still in hand. Seeing the familiar master emerging from a portal behind me.

Wong stood with a shocked expression on his face. His eyes shifting between Strange and I before finally landing on the stone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 351 36
Early 2024. America. Adelaide Lehnsherr, formerly Xavier, is now Adelaide Lehnsherr-Barnes. The world should be right - but when is it ever right wi...
34.9K 973 26
'𝘣𝘢𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘨𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘧 π˜ͺ𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨?' ...
15K 343 38
"You told me you would help me." "That was a long time ago." "So is that a no? Because I could really use a hand right now. Or a suture kit." In whic...
5.7K 96 44
Y/N and Bucky's time in Wakanda was needed and helpful after the previous months of chaos. After three months away, they decide it's time to return t...