Wholesome Deltarune Oneshots

By ThatDorkyIntrovert

(COMPLETE! Thanks ya'll for coming! :D) See the rules before requesting, thanks! All of these will be SFW, wi... More

Rules/Requests
Swatch- Fashion Forward
Spamton- Key To Your HeartShaped Object
Spamtom- Playing Arbitrator
K_K- Candy And Cakes
Kris- My Liege
~My Personal Spamton Headcanons~
Berdly- Everyone's A Critic
Spamton- Little Flower
Spamton- The Cuddles Deal
A/N To Keep An Eye On!!
Kris- Their Cape
~Ask The Author Answers~
Berdly- Unwanted Competition
Spamton- Short Lived
Cap'n- Going Out
Queen- Mysterious Locations
Sorry to disappoint, but it's an A/N not a oneshot 😆
Rouxls- College Student Supremeth
Berdly- Good Ol' Fashioned Gaming
Jevil- True Freedom
Noelle- My Christmas Star
A/N: Hello lovelies! It's been too long

Sweet- The Slip Up

1.2K 19 102
By ThatDorkyIntrovert

Request by: Berdly'sHusband

Thanks for the request! :D Now this one gets a liiiittle bit of angst, just because this was inspired by a prompt on the internet and I had to roll with it! With that, now onto the story!

~~~

You took in a deep breath, taking in the smells of the city. Your eyes kept getting glued to staring at the bright flashy lights around you, like a moth attracted to a flame. You couldn't help it. While Cyber City had some really big political problems, you had to admit there were lots of wonderful things about the place.

It was your home, after all. No controlling Queen was going to take that away from you!

A smile came over your face as you approached the delightfully familiar shop owned by Sweet, Cap'n, and K_K. They were almost like brothers to you, with how they always gave you such warm feelings and never went without making sure you were well fed. Plus, you always had a blast when you were with them. They never were the type for dull moments anyways. Close to the shop, now you could hear the booming bass from the speakers inside. 

The shop door made its usual creaking sound as you nudged it open, then your eyes set on the two robots behind the counter as usual; Cap'n and K_K. You only managed to walk in a few steps, about to ask where Sweet was, before Cap'n hopped over the counter and blocked your path.

"Whoa, hey, what's going on?" You asked in concern as Cap'n uncharacteristically darted behind you and began pushing you further inside.

"I'd give ya the usual greeting, Y/N, but we've got a real problem and need your help BIG TIME!" he exclaimed in brief explanation, even talking slightly faster than he usually did. Considering he is a fairly cool and calm individual, this alarmed you a bit, though you tried not to show it. Does... this have to do with Sweet? you wondered, a heavy feeling settling in your stomach at the thought. 

Cap'n pushed you along past the counter, where K_K had stood up straighter at your arrival. They gave you a warm smile and a friendly wave. You giggled (albeit a bit anxiously with concern for your friends) and returned the gesture, before they vanished from your view as Cap'n shoved you along past the speakers and towards the stairs.

"Could you please explain to me what this is about?" you asked him, heading up the stairs yourself, not wanting Cap'n to try shoving you up them. That, you knew, would not go well.

Cap'n followed in step close behind you, the stairs crying under both of your weight. "I'd tell ya, but you're going to find out real quick anyways," he replied.

As much as you loved him, this made you a little annoyed. Seriously Cap'n? Don't be cryptic with me now! I need to know if you guys are okay or not! You rolled your eyes. Sheesh, if this turns out to be a prank, I'll... I'll... Your thoughts trailed off as another series of sounds intercepted your ears. You could still here the bass from downstairs, but it was mixed in with a song that was... very unexpected to hear.

It was a sad romantic pop song. And it was mixed with the soft sounds of a voice.

You stopped in your tracks, but hardly realized it. You turned to look back at Cap'n, any annoyance replaced immediately with worry. Cap'n met you with a serious expression. Okay, this is definitely NOT a prank, you determined quickly. You opened your mouth, "Is Sweet...?"

"Sweet's been like this all day," Cap'n finally explained, frowning. "K_K and I tried getting 'em to come out, but they just wouldn't. They've been holed up in their room this whole time, and we don't know what to do."

You nodded in understanding, your eyes tearing up a little in spite of yourself. Just imagining Sweet being up there all alone and unhappy was enough to make your heart hurt. "I'll see what I can do," you whispered, blinking the tears away.

Cap'n nodded and gave you a thumbs up back. "I know you will. If anyone's gonna make Sweet open up, it's you."

That came to you as a surprise, and you blushed slightly at hearing it. "Really? But... you're all really close."

"Yeah, and you are too. Sweet really likes ya. I can tell," Cap'n mentioned, a little knowing smirk gracing his face. His confident look returning made you feel a little more confident too.

"Wish me luck then," you sighed softly, going up the last step and walking the very short distance to Sweet's room. You could almost pick out the lyrics to the blaring song about love and heartbreak. And the soft voice you had heard you could now tell was... sobs and sniffles. 

Your heart nearly snapped into pieces. 

Oh, Sweet... you thought sadly before knocking on the door. No response came. Must be loud in there, you realized, so you knocked a bit louder. Still, Sweet did not answer you. "Sweet...?" you called softly, standing close to the door. "Hey, can we talk?"

Sweet went quiet, then the music turned down just a couple bars. "Y/N...?" they asked hoarsely.

"Yeah, it's... me," you murmured softly. "Can... I come in?" There was no reply, and you almost tried asking again but then the door knob turned as it was opened just a crack from the other side. You opened the door some more so you could get in, then closed it quietly behind you. Sweet had retreated back to their bed while you had done that, laying on their side to stare at the wall. 

You had never actually been in their room before, and felt a bit saddened that this had to be the time to see it. You were sure Sweet would be all over talking about the posters covering every square inch of their walls. A couple book shelves covered in CDs was surprisingly clean, compared to the floor littered with crumpled up papers and tissues. Near the closet sat a stand that had their phone connected to a small speaker on top. That's where the music has been coming from... you realized. 

You walked over it to turn the music off, spotting the name of the playlist as you tapped the pause button on the screen. Oh geez, 'Heart Broken Music To Cry To'? You glanced over at Sweet. They hadn't looked at you at all yet... from what you were aware of.

"Did... something happen, Sweet?" you asked, stepping carefully across the messy floor and seating yourself down on the edge of the bed.

"Maybe," Sweet vaguely answered, their voice quiet.

You frowned. "I don't want to push you to talk about it, but Cap'n and K_K are really worried about you." You paused. "I'm really worried about you. And if you're struggling with something... I... We want to be able to help you. But we can't really help much if we don't know what's wrong." 

Sweet turned their head some, twisting their body a bit away from the wall to look at you. Their singular eye had a tear settled in it. You held out your arms to them. "Do you want a hug?" 

They nodded, sniffing and sitting up before you wrapped your arms around them and pulled them in close to you. Your arms came around their back, and their legs, as they had their knees curled up to their chest. They blushed, comforted by the warmth, but were also reminded of what was bothering them. They began crying again, hugging you tightly as you hugged them back. Your cheek rested on top of their cube-shaped head.

After staying in each other's arms like that for a long time without speaking, Sweet finally spoke up first. "It happened yesterday," they began to explain, sniffing a bit. "We were hanging out as usual in the shop. Cap'n and K_K were having a dance off. We were sitting on top of the counter... Remember?" 

The fresh memory came to your mind as they mentioned it. "Of course I remember," you told them. However, when you tried to think of what would have gone wrong during that time, you found yourself drawing a blank. You remembered just having fun. Everyone had... or so you had thought.

"We were talking about some things, and you..." They gulped. "You said you saw me like a brother."

Confusion and surprise hit you hard like a wave. You lifted your head off of theirs to look them in the eye. "Wh-... I did?" They nodded. "But... I thought that... was a good thing..." you objected, feeling your mouth go dry. "That... is a good thing... isn't it?" Sweet suddenly looked uncomfortable, breaking your eye contact. "Right??" you asked, a little louder and more confused than ever. You tried to meet their eye again, but they just pointedly looked further away from you.

"Not when... I like you more than that..." they mumbled.

Dead silence filled the room.

"I... didn't know you liked me that way," you admitted, voice cracking as your face reddened.

"I have..." Sweet confessed, cringing a bit at themself, blushing too. "... Forrrr a while now..."

"Did anyone else know?" you asked in disbelief.

They nodded. "Cap'n knew. He always can sniff something like that out. I think K_K knew too, but they never straight out mentioned it."

You gasped and covered your mouth with your hands. "Oh my gosh, and I just broke your heart by saying what I did so carelessly!" you exclaimed in realization. "No wonder you've been so sad!"

Sweet looked away. "Yeah. It... stung a little..." they admitted. "But I can't help it if you don't feel the same way towards me... I'll get over it... someday." The last part came out as the faintest whisper you had ever heard.

But you weren't about to let it stay like this. Taking their head in your hands, you turned their face to look at you again. "Sweet, wait," you said a tiny bit more firmly. "You can't just assume I don't love you by... a careless thing I said."

Sweet's eye widened and they blushed more in surprise. "Meaning...?" they warily prompted.

"I..."

"I love you, Sweet."

"More than I've ever loved anyone before." 

Their eye glimmered and your face went cherry red in embarassment. You added, "I just... um... said I saw you like a brother because... well, you and Cap'n and K_K are like... like my family to me... And I..." You looked down bashfully. "I didn't think you would ever like me... Romantically, I mean." You met their gaze again.

"I... think I'm offically feeling better now," Sweet murmured.

You smiled. "Yeah, me too." Both of you leaned in closer to each other (which didn't take much, considering you were still loosely in each other's arms), and it occured to you that you were about to kiss them.

On the mouth.

But they have no mouth.

You kissed Sweet right below their large eye, and their face went hot. It was a bit of a weird kiss, but then again, you didn't have any other kisses to compare it to. Besides, despite it being not what you expected, it was still really nice. It took a minute for you both to pull away, blushing deeply and beaming at each other.

Cap'n whistled from where he was peeking past the door.

Flustered, you grabbed Sweet's pillow and threw it at the door. He shut it before the pillow could hit him. You screamed, "CAP'N, OH MY GOSH!"

"GO AWAY!" Sweet chimed in, dying of embarrassment.

Cap'n laughed from the other side. "Glad to hear you're doing better, bro!" he said, then his footsteps retreated from the door, leaving both of you to look at each other in flustered messes of embarrassment.

You weren't sure when you started laughing, but the feeling had bubbled up in you, and you couldn't help but let it out. Sweet joined in too, just relieved that you did returned their feelings after all. It was one day for sure both of you knew you wouldn't ever forget.

~~~

A/N: Sorry for so much of Cap'n, BUT OUT OF THE TRIO HE'S MY FAV AND K_K (bless them-) ALREADY GOT THEIR OWN ONESHOT SO IT WAS ONLY FAIR! 😆 

Okay, I know I said it would be a Spamton one next, but I've really been struggling to write it. The past few days were really tough mental health wise, so I haven't been up for writing Spamton's trickier dialogue. I'm hoping to get it out soon, as well as update Itty Bitty Salesman, but it really all depends on where my head is at in the upcoming days. Also, requests are currently open so feel free to request something if you want!

Preferably not Spamton.

I love him sm, but he's too hard to write lately... 😅

Anyways, Sweet loves you, and I hope you have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 82 25
~Discontinued until further notice (Sorry :< )~ angst, fluff, ships, xreaders, (but mostly angst because haha Sans suffering go brrr) I'll do it all...
2.3K 104 15
And yes, first book on here! Hopefully it'll be good for all of you... ;w; You had feelings for that particular blue birb in your class, but what if...
2.6K 55 9
Just a funny story I thought of, this is just a joke, everything done and said doesn't effect the other stories. All character belong to Toby Fox. Ex...
1.7K 25 16
This is just a bunch of Undertale au oneshots to throw in my little fantasies. Requests are great! I will uh...t r y to write requests. I will have m...