My Werewolf Neighbours

By MissLulu004

When Melissa and her mother move into a new town, they do not expect to have such otherworldly neighbours. We... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 9

125 6 0
By MissLulu004

"Thank you for breakfast, it was very delicious." Anne happily chirped from where we stood at the patio, away from the scorching sunlight.

"It was our pleasure, right Gracie?" I cooed at the little angel in my arms.

Grace all but nodded in agreement as she smiled a toothy smile at me,"Yes Papa." She enthusiastically replied even though I doubt she even heard what I said.

"By the way, do you by any chance know where we could find a good and hopefully affordable salon nearby? I need to take Mel before she starts university tomorrow." Anne asked with hopefilled eyes.

"Actually I do. I'm planning on going there myself later on," I earnestly replied. "I can take her with, if you'd like? " I offered.

'Best thing you've said yet, my friend.' Alex happily approved.

'Of course you'd say that.' I internally chuckled, 'Now let's hope they agree. '

'You had to be a spoil sport, didn't you?' He softly complained.

"If Mel is comfortable with it, I'm good." Anna replied, snapping me out of the internal conversation I was having with my wolf.

"I really wouldn't want to be a bother." My sweet mate nervously murmured as she nervously smiled up at me.

"You wouldn't be, I promise. Besides, it's the same place so no extra costs would be incurred, right?" I reassured my Love.

"Papa, Gwacie go to Meli." Grace demanded from my side as she vigorously wiggled in my arms.

"Grace," I warningly chastised the little toddler in my arms," No wiggling. You'll fall."

"But Papa..." She whined as she reached out for Melissa in front of us.

"It's alright, I can hold her." Melissa immediately came to the rescue as she reached out for the small toddler in my arms. I obediently obliged to her wishes and handed her my overly fussy niece who surprisingly sighed in contentment the minute her head laid on my mate's shoulder.

"So what about it? We can leave in about two hours?" I asked.

"Okay, if you're okay with me tagging along, I'm all for it. Thank you." My mate grinned at me, all the nervousness from a few seconds ago no longer visible.

"Alright, I'll come get you when it's time to go." I informed.

"That sounds good," She nodded at me before softly cooing at Grace, "Are you ready to go back to Papa?"

Grace immediately shook her head as she tightened her hold around Melissa's neck.

"Would it be alright if I take her with? You can fetch her when you come get me." Melissa asked even as her eyes remained glued to Grace's small figure in her arms.

"That's alright with me, as long as it's alright with you and your mom?" I lightly chuckled.

"I miss having a toddler around, so I'm good." Anne wholeheartedly approved.

"Okay, will we need anything? Does she get a snack or...?" Melissa eagerly asked with genuine excitement lacing her words.

"I think she'll be good for a while. Her snack time is in a few hours time so I'd say she's good to go for now." I reassured.

As if realisation dawned on my mate's features, her features grew calmer as a soft smile replaced her once excitement filled grin,"Please wish Zane a speedy recovery for me."

To say my heart skipped a beat in surprise from her words would be truthful, but at the same time, a warm and fuzzy feeling nestled itself in my chest as I warmly responded,"I'll pass on the message."

"Thank you," She shyly smiled before speedily saying,"Anyway, Grace and I will be going now. Say bye to Papa, Gracie Pie." She cooed at the little princess in her arms.

Grace didn't waste a second as she turned to me and happily waved with a cute toothy grin, "Bye Bye, Papa!"

"Won't you miss me?" I pouted at her.

"No!" She cheerfully giggled before digging her small face back into Melissa's neck.

From the corner of my eye, I caught Anne silently mouth, 'lies' with a raised eyebrow in amusement. With one last wave, they were walking away and I was reluctantly closing the door behind me.

The minute I turned from the door, the cold feeling of loneliness settled into my chest, making a sigh leave my lips as I ran my hand through my hair. Here we go again.

I wordlessly made my way to the kitchen to find a shirtless Zane lazily playing a game on his phone as he stuck some crisps into his mouth.

"When did you come down?" I curiously raised an eyebrow as I made my way to the cupboards to grab a glass so I could have some cold water.

"The minute I heard the door close." He shrugged as he grabbed his glass of soda and took a sip.

"So you've been eavesdropping? " I smirked.

"Nope," He casually denied," Just listening in on a conversation. " He lazily smirked at me.

"Hahaha," I feigned laughter," So hilarious. "

"I'm glad you think so, Brother." Zane raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"By the way, Anne and Melissa have Grace," I cautiously informed," I hope you're alright with that."

Zane merely shrugged as he responded, "I trust your judgment on people, so I'm good. Besides, they seem like very nice people. I find myself having a sort of trust when it comes to them being involved with my daughter and anyways, they are only next door not in the next town." He reassured.

If only he knew how much relief his words gave me.

As much as I know Zane trusts me with Grace, Grace is his daughter not mine so when her safety and happiness is concerned, I always seek his approval first. If he had said he didn't feel comfortable comfortable with my mate and her mother having his daughter, I would find an excuse to get her out of there and back here. Mate or no mate.

"Anyway, I'm gonna go freshen up again so I can be ready to go," I sighed as I made my way to leave the kitchen, my craving for water now completely gone."By the way, Melissa wanted me to tell you that she wishes you a speedy recovery. " I smirked.

I didn't miss the shock that shone from his eyes alongside something that looked like happiness. I honestly couldn't tell his second emotion, but if it really is happiness. That would be odd, because I'd expect amusement from him.

I lightly shook my head as a way to shake the conflicting thoughts in my mind that had me more confused than I ever have been in my life. But, what I was sure about was that Zane was hiding something from me and I couldn't help the lingering feeling inside of me that said it was something big. Something that would be as life changing as finding your mate.

*****

Melissa's POV

"You wanna go back to Daddy and Papa now?" I cooed at the toddler in my arms as she laid her head comfortably on my shoulder, allowing her warm breaths to tickle my naked neck."

"Aha." She quietly mumbled without removing her head from where it laid on my shoulder.

I lightly bounced her in my arms as I made my way to the kitchen where Mom was taking a sip of her tea while reading something from her silver laptop.

"Mom," I called, receiving a hum in response before she tore her eyes away from the bright screen and smiled at me and the little munchkin in my arms."I'm going to take Grace back home. I think she's suffering from a bit of homesickness now." I pouted.

"Awe," Mom cooed,"Probably is. I know you never liked staying away from me for long when you were her age." She happily sighed, no doubt going down memory lane.

"Mommm..."I pouted as I made my way to the door.

"What?" She innocently smiled at me."It's the truth." She shrugged.

"I'm sure it is." I dramatically sighed in defeat.

"By the way, I don't think that that little angel in your arms was homesick at all," Mom smiled at me with a raised eyebrow in amusement, "She had the sleepies. "

Realisation suddenly dawned on me as I noticed the rhythmic breathing that still tickled at my neck like a feather. Look at that.

"Aweeee," I cooed as I rubbed my one hand down her back and surprisingly, even in her fast sleep state, a sigh of contentment left her little figure as she dug her face further into my neck. "I better take her back home so she can have a more comfortable place to sleep."

Mom gave me a nod in agreement," That's a good idea." She replied.

"Okay, I'll be back soon." I reassured to which she hummed in response before her eyes went back to whatever she was doing on her phone. I took that as my key to leave and made my way out of the house just to be greeted by the scorching, bright sun above.

I gently moved Grace's little face further into my neck before fast walking out of the sunlight to it wouldn't interrupt her sleep. Once she was fine, I started the short walk over to Nolan and Zane's which didn't even take three minutes.

Before I could raise my hand to knock, the door opened to a smiling, barely surprised Nolan.

"Hi," I greeted with a smile of my own. "Little Grace fell asleep so we thought she'd be more comfortable on her own bed."

"Great timing too, I was just about to come get you. Are you ready?" Nolan asked as he opened the door to let me walk in with the sleeping toddler in my arms.

"Yeah, I'm ready. I just need to get Mom's card. Do they swipe?" I nervously asked. Mom didn't have any physical cash on hand and nor did I. I would hate to reschedule when school opens in a few days and knowing Mom, she'll be a bit too busy.

"Yes, they do," He reassured as if he could sense my inner panic."May I?" He indicated to Grace.

"Of course," I smiled as I gently passed the little girl over to her uncle and to my surprise, she lightly whimpered and clutched at my dress. Her small face scrunched in disapproval. Awe, she's just too cute. "Shhh." I gently cooed as I rubbed her small back until I felt her relax again, before attempting to pass her over to her uncle again. This time she only scrunched her small features, but remained silent through the exchange. "There you go." I whispered.

"You must be good with children for Grace to like you this much." Nolan sweetly smiled at me as he gently rubbed his niece's back in soothing circles.

"I'm not quite sure about that," I lightly laughed,"It's the first time I'm around a child so young. All my cousins are either older than me or around the same age as me. "

"Well, now you know," He smiled," Besides, children are good at sensing where they are wanted and unwanted and from differentiating good people from bad people and you must fall in the good compartment for Grace. It's good."

"Thanks." I shyly responded as I played with my fingers.

"Anyway, let me go put her down then you and I can head out. You can make yourself comfortable in the meantime." He gestured towards the bar stools that lined the island.

"I should go grab my phone and mom's card. I wouldn't want to keep you waiting when you're already done." I suggested.

"That works too. I'll come by in a sec then?" He responded as he turned towards the door and opened it for me. Chivalrous, I see.

"Sounds good with me," I agreed," Thank you for allowing me to tag along. It means a lot."

"Please, it's a pleasure." He brushed me off with a wave of his hand.

"Still," I giggled, surprising myself as I cleared my throat," I'm gonna go." I squeaked out.

He merely nodded with an amused smile before I all but bolted back home with my embarrassment chasing me.

I'm gonna be the death of ME!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

818 4 22
What happens, when someone is left with a broken heart, then someone comes and fills in the pieces with his love? Well, it's hard to explain. Espical...
31.7K 1.1K 40
All wolves find their mates eventually, willingly or otherwise. Jenna has been dreading the moment she meets hers for as long as she can remember. To...
3.4K 185 11
Andrew is a beta werewolf who has just turned 18. Now he can find his mate. Caroline is a sweet girl who has been crushing on Andrew since she was ol...
363K 16.9K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...