Villainess! Your Father Wants...

By VitoDeCeniza

"If Heaven will give me a chance, I will take your hands and run away with you" Those were the last words tha... More

Villainess! Your Father Wants to Marry Me!
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Drastic Change
Chapter 2: Maria Eleonor
Chapter 3: White-Haired Daddy?!
Chapter 4: Happily Never After
Chapter 5: The Lost Heir
Chapter 6: Temporary Departure
Chapter 7: Sending Maria Off
Chapter 8: Master Of Merchants
Chapter 9: Chavez Household
Chapter 10: Gabriella's Cookies
Chapter 11: Children Of Antonio
Chapter 12: Hermanos Velasquez
Chapter 13: Ancient Artifact
Chapter 14: Family Dinner
Chapter 15: Misunderstanding
Chapter 16: The Invitation
Chapter 17: The Black Carriage
Chapter 18: A Wicked Witch
Chapter 19: I Never Loved Her
Chapter 20: The Sly Selena
Chapter 21: Family Meeting
Chapter 22: Don't Marry!
Chapter 23: I'm here, Let's Eat
Chapter 24: The Dragon's Letter
Chapter 25: PAK! PAK!
Chapter 26: Star Cookies
Chapter 27: Deepest Regret
Chapter 28: Crown Prince
Chapter 29: His Fiancée
Chapter 30: Childhood Song
Chapter 31: Unspoken Event
Chapter 32: Mana Storm
Chapter 33: Falling Lucius
Chapter 34: Mama
Chapter 35: Another Headache
Chapter 36: He and The Witch
Chapter 37: A Mission
Chapter 38: Who Is That?!
Chapter 40: Dragon's Cub
Chapter 41: Eyes Of Resentment
Chapter 42: The Great Lucius
Chapter 43: Yohan's Reward
Chapter 44: Reminiscence
Chapter 45: Say it If You Can
Chapter 46: Don't Mess With Me
Chapter 47: The Prisoner
Chapter 48: Lulu Is Doomed!
Chapter 49: Tyrant's Return
Chapter 50: Ahead To The Title!
Chapter 51: Villainess Of Chavez
Chapter 52: The Cold Duke
Chapter 54: Treason

Chapter 39: The Banquet

7.5K 457 82
By VitoDeCeniza

"The banquet of the house Velasquez must've started," Ian mumbled while staring at his carriage's window. He glanced at Yohan who was also looking at the stars up above. "I hope that uncle Evan is still there."

Ian took a deep sigh while massaging his temple. 

It's been days since the problem on the magical border of the mystical forest had a crack. The monsters residing in the mystical forest were using this opportunity to destroy the barrier, which might become a bigger problem in the future.

But that wasn't the biggest threat to the kingdom of Ibanez.

What King Ian feared the most is the person who was imprisoned inside the mystical forest. If that person escapes from that place, another war might break out and it will cause a huge disaster to his people.

That person was non-other than his father. The previous king who ruled with tyranny for decades. If Duke Evan did not choose to help him, that person must still be sitting on his throne while driving his kingdom into ruin.

In the original novel of 'You Shall Pay', The previous king was described as a greedy, lecherous, and perverted man. However, despite those characteristics, he was also intelligent and manipulative. 

His mana and his power are not something that you can belittle. It took them a great and invincible plan to drag him out of his position. Without Duke Evan's help,  they will never succeed, that's why he respected the Duke so much.

"Uncwle said that you're not allowed to cwall him uncwle anymore," Yohan reminded his father. 

Ian remained silent when his son pointed that out. 

Since when did his son and him started to talk with each other like this? It's been only days, but since the day that he sang the song 'Twinkle twinkle little stars' to Yohan, he started to visit him in his palace to ask about astronomy.

This change made his pregnant wife who is Queen Cheska happier.

Now, he was invited to the celebration of the Velasquez manor, because of the return of Marquis Mikhail's children. He wasn't planning to attend. 

However, Yohan came to his palace, telling him that the Duke of Chavez and his daughter would attend that banquet. Yohan told him that he wanted to see the 'Future father of his future wife' before the Duke departs to the border of the mystical forest.

Because of this, King Ian agreed to attend with his son to the banquet.

After all, he was also curious about the children of Marquis Mikhail.

Why did the Duke of the Chavez household who doesn't like attending banquets would go to a party with the Velaquez's? Ian wanted to know.

"Unclwe's bride's name is pwetty and long. I wonder what will be the name of Auntie's daughter?" Yohan mumbled while humming his favorite nursery rhyme. 

King Ian raised his brows when he heard Yohan.

Could it be that the woman who gave Yohan that cookies are one of the lost children of the Marquis?

"What's her name?" Ian asked his son.

"It's Gabriella Elizwabetha Liwz Vwelasquez," Yohan replied. He tried to prevent his tongue from stammering but he miserably failed. "

However, It doesn't matter because Ian understood Yohan's words.

"Gabriella Elizabetha Liz Velasquez..." He mumbled. 

A Velasquez...

With the name of 'Gabriella.'

The king rubbed his chin when he remembered the girl whom he proposed to when he was a kid. 

His lips parted for a moment. 

"I see," Ian nodded his head with a smile. He realized something that puzzled him for a decade. "So you were the daughter of the Marquis, Sister Gabriella."

••••••••

"Thank you for the wonderful dance, Your Grace," Gabriella smiled before showing her graceful etiquette with him by lifting her beautiful gown and bending her knees slightly. "Ahem, thank you for guiding my steps, I almost tripped off a while ago," She suddenly whispered.

Gabriella could feel glances from the other people, however, she decided to ignore them.

Although this incident could be the start of rumors between her and the Duke, she knows that it will immediately die when they announce the marriage of Her brother and Maria to the public. In short, this is not a problem.

Gabriella glanced in the direction of Maria who was currently frowning. The truth is she's glaring at her own father. When Maria glanced in Gabriella's direction, her face suddenly brightened with a smile.

Gabriella giggled when she saw Selena who always had a mysterious smile on her lips and  Melissa who was sitting beside Maria, stiffed. 

"I was the one who insisted on dancing with you, I do not mind," Evan replied to her. 

While the crowd is busy taking over the stage while dancing with their partners. Gabriella and the Duke decided to sneak out and elope--escape the party. 

She's sure a lot of Ladies would soon invite the Duke for a dance or a talk. Although Evan has a cold and stiff face, no one would deny that he's handsome and extremely powerful.

It's better to put some AHEM-- boundaries before those young ladies could start to bother the Duke.

"Maria and Gabriel's relationship was about to be announced later, it also means that Your Grace was about to leave," Gabriella suddenly spoke while walking beside the Duke. "Although we both know that Maria won't even say a word to you, Please bid her a goodbye."

The Duke stiffened for a while before nodding his head. "I will," He said as if an obedient child. 

Gabriella became silent when the atmosphere became awkward. In this type of situation, it is better to just appreciate the silence. 

Or maybe not.

Because the Duke suddenly spoke.

"Gabriella," Evan said while staring at Gabriella's face. "I have a request to make if I came back after replenishing the crack from the border between the mystical forest and our kingdom," He said with a serious look on his face.

"Ah? Yes? What is it? As long as I can do it I'll do it," Gabriella replied.

"You should call me by my name."

...

.....

Gabriella suddenly became speechless because of the Duke's request. The truth is she doesn't know how to react to it.

'He said to call him by his name... To call him Evan? or to call him Uncle Evan?' Gabriella thought bizarrely. 'I mean by this world's law, he's basically old as my father, but it's weird to call him uncle since he looks younger than his age.'

'Haiz, this is the reason why I'd rather call him Duke or Your Grace.'

Nevermind.

Gabriella smiled at the as she was about to reply, however, she suddenly felt someone tugging her gown. Her eyes went to the child who did that. 

Gabriella's eyes went wide when she saw the cute little boy with dazzling golden hair.

"Auntie," The boy uttered with gleaming eyes. 

"Yohan..." Gabriella uttered with a surprised tone. 

Gabriella knows that her father invited the king out of respect, but she also knows that the probability of the king, attending the banquet is low. That's why it's surprising to see the prince at the banquet.

Perhaps they are here for the Duke?

Or maybe the king found out that Maria is marrying her brother?

She's kinda worried for Maria right now, she'll surely encounter the king.

No, scratch that, she's more worried for her brother. Who knows if he suddenly attacked him?

Nonetheless, Gabriella shook her head to erase her thoughts. She immediately greeted the young prince with respect. "I greet the Crown Prince," She said. 

Yohan's eyes went wide before tugging Gabriella's skirt. "Auntwie you're really unclwe's bride," He said before looking at the Duke. 

Gabriella cough when she heard from Yohan. She glanced at the Duke who was also silenced by the child's remark, this suddenly made Gabriella nervous.

'Damn, I should really clear the misunderstanding,' she thought.

Gabriella really wanted to clear the misunderstanding right now, however...

Luck wasn't on her side.

"What bride? She's my mom!" Gabriella became stiff when a raven-haired boy slapped Yohan's hand away from her gown. "Don't touch her!" There was a deep frown on his forehead.

"Lulu?" Gabriella uttered in shock.

No one noticed but the jewel in Lucius' forehead turned bright red. The child-like entity glared at the golden-haired boy especially the dragon insignia on Yohan's clothes. He secretly gritted his teeth.

'I hate Golden Dragons,' Lucius thought.

Yohan tilted his head while staring at the boy hugging Gabriella. Although he could feel the glares of the other kid, it doesn't really matter to him. "Gabriella's child?" He mumbled with confusion.

The boy looks like Gabriella, however...

"You're not a girl."

••••••••

I'm not confident about writing this novel anymore, I might drop this if my writer's block continued 😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 69.2K 29
After a disastrous first season in London, Rose Wilde finds herself torn between two men who love her -- but who both hide secrets that could ruin he...