My IAS Husband

By Aadya137

Ria is a loving-chirpy girl who is going abroad for a job. Her whole life got hitched when she gets married t... More

Author's Note
Chapter1: Proposal
Chapter 2: Celebration
Chapter 3: Niharika surprises well!
Chapter 4: Ria's bucket list
Chapter 5: Nishita 's Truth
Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping
Chapter 7 : Baking lessons
Chapter 8: Noida
Chapter 9: Sukhi Dandi
Chapter 10: Not Meant for Me
Chapter 11: Rishi's Lessons
Chapter 12: What if I do?
Chapter 13: Last minute preparations
Chapter 14: Rishi is back
Chapter 15: Tilak
Chapter 17: First Meet
Chapter 18: Finally it's happening!
Chapter 19: The Wedding Function
Chapter 20: Engagement
Chapter 21: First Date
Chapter 22: The Hidden Past
Chapter 23: Mending hearts
Chapter 24: Mehendi
Chapter 25: Bachelor's Party
Chapter 26 : Saath Feere
Chapter 27: First day
Chapter 28 : Haridwar
Chapter 29: Back to Benaras!
Chapter 30: Rishi is back
Chapter 31: Ria in Noida!
Chapter 32: Get Together

Chapter 16: Plan failed

2.6K 120 3
By Aadya137

In the next morning, Ria's Ma and Mausi were together preparing morning tea along with the breakfast.

"Please try and understand if Malik saw that I let his sisters cook breakfast for him...then he will take no time to fire me!"Prakash told them to save his job.

"You are still quite afraid of bhaiya as before... Don't worry, he won't scold you. If you want to help then just cut those fruits kept on the table." Her mausi asked him.

"Even after Bhabhi passed away due to cancer still Bhaiya has kept the kothi the way she used to keep. Nothing is changed. Even the gardens are well looked after as before." Ria's Ma told with amazement.

"After Malkin's demise, it was not easy for Malik to continue his normal life. He used to avoid talking, eat less and suffered from insomnia for many nights." Prakash said while slicing apples.

He continued,"Arjun baba and we were very helpless but within a month everything came back to track after Malik joined a spiritual group. He learnt meditation along with many exercises that helped him to again live his life in normal way." He forwarded the plate of freshly sliced fruits to them.

He went on,"It was Malik's wish that everything should be managed in the same way as it was done when Malikin used to live, so we had some more servants to look after the whole kothi."

"By the way Prakash, when is Arjun going to come back to Benaras? It's been a long time to see him." Her Mausi asked Prakash.

"After seeing Malik in much better condition, he went back U.S to resume his job. He will be coming back within two days." He informed them.

"The tea is prepared, call Bhaiya to courtyard."Her mausi ordered Prakash.

"Bhaiya, you are finally here. Would you like to have some tea?" Her Ma asked him.

"Why did you two bothered?" I told this Prakash...Prakash.." he called him.

"It's totally fine, bhaiya. We wanted to prepare this by our own." Her mausi stopped him.

"That's so sweet of my sisters. What favour do you need?" He asked with a smirk.

"Bhaiya, you are getting us wrong. Don't you think we are quite old to play such tricks? We wanted to know what do you think, does Ria has attained a proper age of getting married?" Her Ma asked him.

"For me, still both of you are my little sisters as it was earlier. Talking about Ria, if I m not wrong, she is just 24... How is it right at this age? Besides that don't say you also got a proposal for her..?" He asked them.

"Bhaiya, but listen na... The boy is from a good family and also works abroad. Will this not help Ria?" Her Mausi argued.

It reminds him of last night when he had a coffee with Ria in the balcony and she expressed her wish to join the job abroad and aslo shared her desire to manage her dowry by her own but she did not mention about the proposal.

"Anita,did Ria agreed to it?" He asked her Mausi. She nodded in negative.

"Then, what makes you think that she will agree to it then? Give her some time. May be she will agree next time." His sisters let out a deep sigh out of disappointment.

"All I m saying is if she is destined to get married at age of 24 then no one will be able to stop this but if she is not destined then no one can get her married. So, better decline the proposal politely saying she is not ready yet." He tried to convince them.

"Bhaiya, this time, I am leaving her for your sake but next time if I get a good proposal then I will not listen to her." Her Ma said in discontentment.

"Sunita, don't you think... You should be little bit easy on your daughter?" He asked her gently.

"She is your daughter. She hardly listens to me!" She replied with a grin.

He replied, "In that case, we are all supporting Ria for her decision. Cheers!"

They thought it would be easy to persuade their elder brother but both of them got highly disappointed as in return they themselves got convinced.

"Plan failed..."

It was clearly seen from their face for what they were sighing for. He clearly understood their state of minds and cheered them up by saying," By the way the tea prepared by both of you tastes good as usual."

They went on reminiscing their old times when they were together. Later, when their husbands came along with the kids then the whole family sat together to have their breakfast.

In afternoon, there Rishi was having hard time, explaining his cousins how he got the day off for tomorrow's function arrangement.

Suresh asked, " No, tell me exactly what happened, bhai? We all got different jobs to do for haldi and you are set free, how's that possible?"

He said," I heard you all listening to Tayaji. Ram got charge of catering and Suresh got the responsibility of decoration. Isn't it?"

They nodded. He carried on, " I was there listening from a distance while having food. After finishing my food, I went straight away to meet Tayaji. Although Tayaji is not that easy person to deal with but I also had made up my mind to politely ask him without thinking much about the results."

"So, did he straight away refused?" Ram could not keep up the patience.

"Wait, hold on Ram... Let me carry on." He answered quickly.

He went on,"I took no time and quickly bended down to take his blessings. To which he first asked me to get up and then asked about my well-being in Noida. Then, I reluctantly asked him for taking my friends to show Benaras. To much surprise, he agreed immediately."

"I can't believe that Bhai, that's Tayaji, we are talking about..." Suresh exclaimed.

He replied,"Since, I was too surprised like you all so I asked him how will he manage wedding arrangements. He asked me not to worry about that and laughed while saying then what you all would do there then... Saying so, he left for some work as he was being called someone last night."

"That's so kind of Tayaji. Isn't it?" Rishi asked him.

"Since childhood, Bhai has been always the most obedient child and now since, he is an IAS, he is considered as the most responsible and dearest to the family." Ram answered.

"Common, that is not what you should think...Don't tire your minds. He only let me go because you all were with him. How about I treat you all for helping me with khassta khachori along with jalebi..?" Rishi wanted to divert their minds.

"Fine, that's sounds great. Let's go!" They agreed readily.

"Bhai, let us go to Ghats too. It's been a long time boating together." Ram added.

"Deal, you guys go on. I 'll be just be back in few minutes." Rishi informed.

After all his cousins went, he dialled Niharika. He was thinking that he was so occupied that he did not get time to contact her for once after his arrival.

He said, "Hi, have you reached Benaras?"

She replied,"I just reached last night. Why are you asking? Where are you, man?"

"Benaras..." He answered.

"That's great. So, do you remember the plan or forgot??" She asked.

"I do remember, Niharika. How about tomorrow? Will that be fine?" He asked.

"Tomorrow..." She paused for some time to think and then replied, "Cool, the plan is on!"

"Great, then make sure you and your friend are ready before 4am. I will pick both of you. Also, don't forget to text your address to me." He instructed her.

She replied with excitement,"Okay sir, as you say, see you tomorrow. I m hanging up, now."

She called off. The next person she called quickly was none other than Ria.

"Where are you staying, babe?" She asked quickly.

"It's my Mamaji's kothi." She answered back.

"Stupid, I m asking address details..." She cleared her.

"Oh, what's the matter? Are you sending me something??" She asked curiously.

"How about having a day out with me and visiting tourist attractions of Benaras?" She asked her back.

"That sounds not bad either but when Nihharika?" She asked her.

"How about tomorrow? What say, babe?" She wanted to know her view.

"Done. Now, All I need is to convince my parents." She replied.

"I know you will surely manage it. Be ready at 4am outside your maingate. I 'll pick you up. Alright?" She wanted to confirm.

"Yup...don't worry. I 'll be there." She confirmed.

It's really difficult to spent life without your near and dear one in the family.💔

Finally, Ria's Ma and Mausi's plan got failed. How many happy about that?😊

Did anybody got the idea of their first meet?

The next chapter is on the way. I 'll be back with new chapter before this week till then make sure you vote and comment if you like reading this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 89.7K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
833K 6.2K 17
Only sample chapters are here on WATTPAD https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09421TTNQ/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=spark+of+love&qid=1620104967&sr=8-10 "Riti...
261K 8.8K 13
Riya and Pratik are all set to get married. Where Riya is head over heels in love with Pratik, Pratik on the other hand still hasnt got over his past...
7K 322 18
Rudra set out on a voyage to the mesmerizing city of Banaras to attend the wedding festivities of his friend's highly respected elder sister. Upon hi...