Love Is In The Air

By chaelisabestgirlsx

Lisa Manoban is a pilot with a secret. Roseanne Park is an experienced flight attendant who finds herself on... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 12

1.7K 109 16
By chaelisabestgirlsx

***

Roseanne and Lisa had bid their farewell early in the afternoon. Jennie had messaged her while she had been with the brunette and had asked if she wanted to come over to watch a movie. Roseanne had felt guilty for how she had treated her friends the previous night and had agreed to meet with them.

"So?" Irene asked as soon as Roseanne had stepped through the door. "Where were you this morning?"

"What?" The blonde looked at her puzzled. "What happened to 'hello' as a greeting?"

"Stop deflecting." Irene grinned. "I dropped by yours to check on you, but you weren't home." She poked her playfully in the shoulder "Or were you avoiding me?"

"Um, I didn't avoid you." Roseanne admitted rubbing her shoulder absently. "Did you invite me to interrogate me?"

"No." Irene answered quickly; the cheeky smile replaced by a soft one. "We're worried is all."

Roseanne nodded her understanding, and Irene asked a heartbeat later "So where have you been?"

"Lisa texted last night and asked me to meet up with her. She wanted to explain herself."

Jennie ran from the kitchen where she had been busy preparing snacks, when she'd heard Roseanne's admission. "And you agreed?"

"Well, I wanted to know what the hell is wrong with me that she couldn't kiss me." Roseanne huffed out; annoyed to have to explain the whole ordeal once more.

"She what…?" Jennie and Irene said at the same time.

"Well, ok." Roseanne raked her hand through her hair and sat down on the couch before continuing.

"As you are aware, Lisa and I had a good time dancing with each other last night at the bar." The two friends nodded. "But before I had a chance to kiss her, she said she 'I can't' and that's when I took off without giving her time to explain."

"Ah, that's why you thought she didn't want you." Irene decoded the cryptic message from the previous night.

"Wouldn't you?" Roseanne leaned back into the couch and put her feet up onto the coffee table accepting the beer offered from Jennie.

"So how was the meeting with her this morning then?" Jennie steered back to their original topic, sitting down next to the blonde, mirroring her position.

"Good." Roseanne offered with a nod. "Yeah, good actually." She smiled happily.

Irene and Jennie shared a look before the latter spoke up again. "And by good you mean you guys talked it out or had sex?"

"Oh my god!" Roseanne exclaimed loudly and slapped her friend's arm. "Of course it means we talked. Who do you think I am?"

"Um…" Jennie laughed at the glare the blonde sent her. "So?"

"So?" Roseanne repeated.

"What was the talk about? How did she explain her reaction?" Jennie asked impatiently.

Roseanne looked at her before shaking her head slightly. "I don't think Lisa would like me to share. It's rather personal."

Both of her friends looked at her secrecy in surprise, but neither dug any further. "Fair enough, as long as you're ok?"

"I am." Roseanne smiled shyly and averted her eyes.

"So, where are you guys standing now?" Jennie asked with a naughty grin on her face. "Dating? Friends with benefits? Friends? What do you want it to be?"

"Hey." She pointed to the stack of newspaper, advertisement and letters on Jennie's couch table.

"Look what was in the post." She fished for the beige coloured envelope with the LM Airline logo printed on it and held it out to her friend. "You guys made such a big deal out of it, I'm surprised you haven't open it yet."

"Irene brought it upstairs. Must have been delivered this morning."

She tore the paper open and carefully extracted the card out of its confines. It was red with lots of different winter and Christmas related symbols such as snowmen and flakes, candles and socks, a Santa hat and a church window.

"Well, that's modern." Roseanne pointed out.

"Yeah, what happened to baby Jesus in his crib?" Irene laughed.

"Shut up and read morons."

At the close of this challenging and turbulent year I gratefully pause to wish you a warm and happy Christmas. My sincere gratefulness goes to all of you for your goodwill and loyalty throughout this confusing time.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you all in the New Year.

L. Manoban

"Wow, that's kind." Irene mumbled.

"Well the email already proved their benevolence." Roseanne pointed out.

"It's nice to hear, but -" Jennie slapped the card back on the table and pointed at Roseanne. "Don't think for a minute I hadn't sniffed out your change of topic. Come on Park. You and Lisa?"

Roseanne smiled bashfully, but shook her head pulling her mouth in a thin line, before saying. "No, for now I'll be keeping this to myself."

The trio bickered for a few more minutes, but Roseanne wouldn't tell them anything. Although Lisa had never said to remain silent about it, the blonde felt it was a sensitive subject and she didn't
want to damage Lisa's trust.

They eventually relaxed on the couch with their snacks and enjoyed the evening together.

....

The days until Christmas just vanished in a blur for Lisa. She had been busy with profit calculations and salary amendments as well as board meetings and future advertisement campaigns.

She had not been able to fly anywhere and therefore had not seen Roseanne at all. It had only been four days, but Lisa missed her. The blonde had messaged her and had asked if she was ok, because she hadn't been scheduled for any flights. Lisa had smiled at the concern and had called her instead of writing back. They had talked for a little while, mainly Roseanne complaining about rude passengers and Lisa letting her rant, but eventually the flight attendant had had to go. Lisa couldn't wait to see her.

....

Christmas day finally came around and she got up way too early for her own liking, but the only air traffic control slot she had been able to secure for her flight was at six in the morning. She went through her routine, donned her uniform and made her way over to the airport. She'd only organised two flights for the Airline today; one to Honolulu, for people who liked it warm and one to New York for the opposite reason. The Honolulu-Crew had been luckier; the flight had been scheduled at ten in the morning. Lisa envied them for the longer rest, but overall she had always liked the winter more for Christmas, and growing up in Boston had brought a lot of snowy holidays. She was looking forward to being in the cold again.

She walked down the gangway to their airplane and spotted her favourite person crouching in front of a row of trolleys checking the contents.

"Hi Roseanne." Lisa slowly walked towards her with a bright smile. "Merry Christmas."

"Lisa. Hi. Merry Christmas to you too." Roseanne smiled but turned her attention back to the task at hand. "I'm sorry, I just have to finish these before the food delivery guy runs off again. It's so hectic this morning. You wouldn't believe." She laughed.

"It's ok. I'm sorry for this."

"Not your fault, and you have to work as well."

"Well. I didn't know better…" If Roseanne hadn't been so distracted she might have caught on to Lisa who looked truly guilty for having planned the flight. "But anyway." The pilot quickly raised her voice again. "New York will be beautiful."

"Yeah?" Roseanne answered, standing up and fixing a strand of hair behind her ear. "Have you been?"

"Not at Christmas, but in winter." Lisa's eyes lit up at seeing Roseanne's smile. "It can be magical." She added with a bright smile of her own.

"Ok. I am definitely looking forward to it now."

"I'm glad."

They stared at each other for another moment, before Lisa cleared her throat. "I've got to start the procedure, but I'd love a coffee with you if you have time before take-off?"

"I probably won't have time, but I'll bring you and Jisoo one in a little bit." She answered and started walking backwards down the middle of the plane, eyes trained on the pilot a smile playing on her lips. Lisa was eagerly watching her every move when Jisoo walked into the plane.

"Your gay is showing." She whispered, pressing herself past Lisa into the cockpit and effectively breaking the eye contact between the two.

"Happy whatever to you too." Lisa said and with a last glance and a smile at Roseanne, she turned and closed the door.

Jisoo grinned at her. "You've been MIA since you called after you guys had your talk."

"Been occupied with company stuff."

"Company stuff?" Jisoo wriggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Yes." Lisa laughed.

"Ah, so no news on the Roseanne front?"

"She messaged when she saw I hadn't been scheduled for flights. We talked a little. It was nice."

"So without any doubt she understands you're momentarily too occupied for pursuing a relationship, but makes it clear she waits for you?" Jisoo asked with a smile. "Seems like she thinks you're worth it."

"She never said anything like that." Lisa answered.

"She didn't have to. You can see it in her eyes."

The brunette didn't reply, sitting perfectly still lost in her own world.

"Just do me one favour?" Jisoo pulled her back to reality. "Don't make me regret helping you get back into her good graces. She's too precious to be played."

"I won't hurt her again, I promised you already." Lisa huffed out, but a sombre expression replaced her annoyance almost immediately.

"Good." Jisoo nodded. "Oh! Jennie asked me what's going on between the two of you. My sweet girlfriend was outraged to be left in the dark because apparently Roseanne wouldn't tell them anything."

"She didn't?"

"Not a word. Jennie said, Roseanne had said it was personal and she wanted to keep it to herself."

"Oh." Lisa looked at her and whispered more to herself than for Jisoo to hear. "She's too good to be true."

"She's good for you." Jisoo said before a knock at the door announced their coffees.

The flight itself was bumpy due to the winter conditions and both pilots were only focused on doing the job. Two hours into the flight Jisoo had addressed the cabin and asked for everyone to remain seated as they were expecting turbulence at any time. The cockpit remained silent for the rest of the flight leaving the entertainment to the cabin crew.

Once Lisa had landed the plane safely, they breathed out in relief.

"What a flight. I'm knackered." Jisoo said but took over from Lisa to park the plane.

"Tell me about it. Never been that hard."

"Well, don't fly at Christmas at an ungodly hour. Santa doesn't like it." Jisoo joked whilst Lisa leaned back in her seat and closed her eyes for a minute.

"Never again, if I can help it. It's not worth it. I see that now. My parents were right." She mumbled.

They parked up and the passengers were eager to start their holidays, quickly leaving the crew to be the only ones left.

"So…" Jisoo stepped out of the cockpit, hugging Jennie slightly, who looked at her sympathetically.

"Rough one?" She asked the pilot pulling her closer.

"Mmm…" Jisoo purred, leaning into the embrace.

"Don't know what you guys are doing, but I'm
heading over to the hotel to take a nap. You with me babe?"

"Sure."

"Which hotel are we in?" Loren asked.

"Probably the usual one… The Marriott just around the corner…" Bobby replied with a shrug.

"Yeah, but you've never been to the 'Big Apple' at Christmas." Jisoo piped up with a grin.

"Oh you guys made some comment in the club." Irene remembered. "So tell us then. This is ridiculous that we don't know already."

"It was meant as a 'thank you for your work' from the CEO." Lisa finally offered and all eyes zoomed in on her. "The rooms are in the Waldorf Astoria." She revealed with a small smile.

She'd really wanted to give the crew she had stolen Christmas from, a chance at a memorable holiday despite their work schedule. She had done the same for the employees who had had to fly to Honolulu.

"The Waldorf Astoria?" Jennie asked surprised, stressing the 'the'.

"Is there another one?" Lisa laughed.

"Ok, we're leaving right now 'cos I want to enjoy all this hotel has to offer." Irene walked off and everyone but Roseanne followed, which made Lisa stop as well.

"What's wrong?"

"You think this gesture was because we complained so badly about having to work? I feel bad for causing such trouble to the CEO."

Lisa melted a bit more at the concern in Roseanne's voice. "I'm sure she didn't mind and can afford it."

"It's a woman?" Roseanne looked at her in astonishment.

"Um." Lisa looked uncertain. It surprised her that even her gender had remained out of the spotlight. "Yeah the Manoban's had a daughter."

"Oh, I didn't know. Everyone always talked about 'the child' or 'sole heir' I assumed it must be a man."

"As you do." Lisa cringed.

"Have you met her?"

"Rosie, Lisa you coming or not?" Jennie hollered back to them and Lisa sighed in relief, leaving the plane quickly and walking to join the rest of the crew. To answer that question would have been awkward to say the least.

....

"Oh wow. They have a Spa and Fitness centre." Irene gushed once they had entered the hotel and she had studied the amenities. "Shall we meet up later for dinner?"

They agreed on a time and place, before Jennie and Jisoo walked off as soon as they had their room key. Bobby and Loren vanished just as quickly leaving the remaining three women alone at the reception desk.

"What about you?" Irene turned to Roseanne. "You with me?"

"Sure, but I won't go to the fitness with you." She glared at her friend.

"Fine." The smaller brunette rolled her eyes in good measurement. "Spa it is."

Lisa chuckled to herself about the exchange between the two.

"What are you doing until dinner?" Roseanne asked her.

"Don't know." She laughed. She had been so busy lately the prospect of a few hours without a meeting or conference or reading material left her uninspired.

Roseanne looked at her in understanding, but before she could say anything the reception staff demanded her attention. "Your keys Ms. Park." He handed her the card and Irene pulled the blonde along to finally get upstairs.

"Watch a movie or sleep?" Roseanne suggested before she was out of earshot.

"Maybe." She smiled back and watched them step into the elevator before she turned back to the desk and waited for her key.

.....

"We should go out and see the city." Roseanne said; gaze fixed on the Chrysler Building she could see from the window. She had quickly dumped her bag and had changed into warm comfortable clothes.

"I don't want to. It's cold and look it's started snowing." Irene pouted. "What happened to the Spa?"

"It's not really snowing it's more like a flutter." Roseanne argued but turned around to face her roommate. "I'm not in the mood for it, but you should go. I'll ask Lisa if she wants to tag along."

She mumbled quietly. She'd contemplated, from the moment she'd learned Lisa had no plans, whether she should use her chance to spend time with her or let the brunette relax.

"Ah, wanna spend time with 'Hottie'?" Irene teased her knowingly.

"Well… What's wrong with getting to know her?"

"Nothing's wrong." The brunette shrugged. "Have fun."

"Will you be ok on your own?"

"Rosie, stop worrying about others and focus on yourself. Message Lisa and see what she says. If she doesn't want to join, you could meet me in the Spa." Irene proposed.

...

Roseanne (16:00): Hey. This might be a little forward, but I was wondering, since you said you had nothing to do, if you fancied some sightseeing?

Lisa had just changed out of her uniform and had freshened up, when she heard her phone signalling a new text message. Her face brightened immediately when she read the few words.

Lisa (16:01): I'm all yours. Where do you want to go?

Roseanne (16:01): You're the one who's been to NY. Show me?

....

"You're off the hook. Lisa agreed to come with me." Roseanne hollered through their spacious room to Irene who was in the bathroom.

"Ok. Don't be late for dinner."

"We'll meet you there."

"Laters."

Lisa (16:01): Meet me in the lobby in five. It's cold outside, wear something warm.

Roseanne grinned, pulled out her scarf and beanie, shrugged into her jacket and quickly made her way to the entrance hall. She spotted Lisa waiting for her at the big staircase. She looked absolutely beautiful in her dark jeans and warm coat. She wore a long, red scarf, which she had wrapped around her neck and let hang loose over her shoulder. She smiled softly when she spotted Roseanne.

"Thanks for joining me." The blonde said once she was close enough.

"My pleasure."

They both smiled brightly at each other.

"I'm glad you're not busy today."

"It's Christmas after all."

Roseanne nodded with a grin. "Shall we?"

"For real?" Roseanne looked puzzled at Lisa. They had walked down Madison Avenue from the hotel to the south entrance of Central Park and had strolled leisurely to the Wollman Rink and were
currently watching people ice-skate.

"Yup." Lisa smiled, thoroughly enjoying the uninhibited joy and bemusement on Roseanne's face.

"People joke that if you see two women dressed in Victorian fashion on the ice in Central Park, you must call a ghost buster." She grinned and followed the blonde's gaze back to the people on the ice.

"Where does the tale come from?" Roseanne asked, looking back at Lisa again unable to spot anyone meeting the description of the ghosts.

"Um…" She was taken aback by the beauty in front of her. Roseanne's blonde hair was half hidden under a blue-grey beanie and her scarf covered the lower half of her face, but her eyes revealed the hidden smile. They looked at each other for another moment; curious eyes wandered over facial features until Roseanne cleared her throat and nudged Lisa.

"You there?" She asked the brunette.

"Yeah… yes. Sorry." Lisa's blush wasn't visible as her cheeks were red from the cold. "If I remember correctly the ghosts were two sisters who'd lived close by and loved skating ever since World War I." She finally finished the story.

"Have you -"

"- Seen them?"

Roseanne nodded staring intensely at Lisa waiting for the answer.

She started to shake her head. "No never."

The blonde laughed out loud. "I wouldn't have believed you anyway."

"You're not the only one and real party-poopers love to point out that the rink was built in 1949."

"Oh no." Roseanne was still laughing. "Someone should tell the sisters."

"Do you skate?" Lisa asked a moment later and watched the smile slowly disappear.

"When I was younger my dad used to take me to the Pershing Square. I haven't been in ages." Roseanne answered and tried to keep unaffected by her memory.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to…" Lisa reached out and took the blonde's hand, caressing her softly.

"No worries. As I said it's been ages." The blonde answered gaze lowered on their clasped hands.

"Doesn't mean you're over it." Lisa mumbled, and squeezed Roseanne's hand once more before letting go of her.

"I'm fine." She said with more conviction and looked up again; a small smile supported the trueness of her statement. "Do you skate?" She added.

"Ice-Hockey State Champion in High school and College."

"Of course you are." Roseanne shook her head in disbelief, a grin growing on her face. "Anything you're not good at?"

With a shrug and a grin, Roseanne couldn't help but swoon. The easiness between the two women settled back.

"Wanna give it a try?" Lisa asked nodding in the direction of the rink.

"If you want to see an impression of a potato sack on ice, sure let's do it."

"You'd look good even as a potato sack." Lisa said quietly, but Roseanne heard her anyway and smiled bashfully at the brunette's words.

"Well, let's do it then."

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.8K 956 10
Jennie Kim is a photographer living in New York City. Roseanne Park is a dancer who works at a strip club to pay for rent and school. Jennie finds h...
45.9K 2.4K 21
Lisa Manoban is a hard-working professional. After breaking up with her long-time girlfriend, she spends an obscene number of hours working in her ac...
22.5K 773 27
Roseanne, a busy kpop star falls in love at first sight when she meets a chef at a restaurant she visits. She is immediately taken by the woman's bea...
48.1K 2.3K 24
The same girl who turned into the teenager whose heart I broke years ago. The same teenager who's now a woman with a hardass personality to match. I...