Chapter 15

***

Once they had finished boarding and had received their good to go signal, they arrived in LA less than seven hours later.

"Hey Lis, what are you doing on New Year?" Jisoo asked when they parked up.

"Don't know. I've got so much still to do until the meeting in two weeks. I have to go to Boston at one point too. You?"

"Probably with Jen and her friends. You sure you don't want to hang out with us?"

"I don't know. Can we keep it spontaneous?"

"Yeah sure."

An hour later Lisa found Roseanne waiting at the gate.

"Hey." She greeted her smilingly. "The other's left without you?"

"I'm going home anyway." The blonde explained. "Was waiting for you."

"Why?"

"This might stretch our agreement to take it slow…" She stepped closer to Lisa. "… but I was wondering what you're doing for New Year?"

"Jisoo asked me already." Lisa swallowed the dry lump in her throat.

"And what did you tell Jisoo?"

"I haven't decided yet."

"And what are you telling me?" Brown eyes locked with hers and their bodies slowly gravitated towards each other. Roseanne reached out and interlaced their hands.

"Tell me when and where and I'll be there?" Lisa whispered; eyes focused on full red lips a few inches away from hers. She wanted to lean forward and close the distance between them, but the uncertainty of the correctness of their situation held her back.

"Is that a question or your answer?" The tempting cherry inked mouth was pulled into a smirk.

"My answer." Lisa nodded as if she needed to convince herself.

"As long as you're sure?" Roseanne grinned cheekily and finally stepped back out of Lisa's personal space. "I don't want to be held responsible for you missing your crazy party." Roseanne wanted to kiss her so badly, but she wanted Lisa to initiate it this time. She needed her to make the next step.

"I would stay home and go to bed. I'm not a big fan of the festivities." Lisa released the breath she had held in.

"Oh?" Roseanne furrowed her brow and cocked her head.

"I've got a lot on my plate, but I'll try to be there." Lisa evaded the question lurking in the interjection.

"I'll message you when I know where we'll be. Keep me posted as well?"

"Of course."

"Thanks for today. It was fun." Roseanne finally pulled completely away and Lisa missed her fingers between her own almost as badly as the blonde's lips on her mouth. They eventually turned towards the exit and separated when they reached the sliding doors.

...

New Year came and Lisa was stuck in Boston. She had flown over to meet with the board members who couldn't come to the official meeting in a week. She presented the facts and numbers and declared their aims for the New Year. She showed them a timeline of how she wanted to achieve that. By the time she was done, she had been told that all planes had been cancelled due to a snowstorm.

She had sighed longingly and had called Roseanne to inform her. The blonde had been disappointed, but understood without questioning why she had had to go to Boston to start with. Roseanne reasoned she had been on a scheduled flight, which was now cancelled. She hadn't bothered to study the flight plan, as she hadn't been on duty for the last day of the old year. If she had, she wouldn't have found Lisa's name on it. The pilot had been a passenger.