Chapter 14

***

Roseanne furrowed her brows at the woman who had effectively stirred her out of her silent study of Lisa's face after she had kissed her. The brunette had been standing completely still, eyes hidden behind closed lids concealing any sign of how she'd felt, but Roseanne had seen quick puffs of air leaving the sinful, plush lips, which had mesmerized her.

'I've stolen her breath.' Roseanne had wished for another chance to breathe it back in, but Lisa had finally moved and glared wrathfully at the intruder.

"Miyeon."

All eyes were fixed on the stranger, but when Lisa revealed the identity, Jisoo stormed forward and pushed between her friend and the enemy.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jisoo growled between clenched teeth.

"Oh wow. Who are you? Her guard dog?" Miyeon raised an eyebrow but stepped backwards.

"No, but someone who knows who you are. Get the hell out of here."

"Jisoo." Lisa put her hand on the older woman's shoulder, and with a soft squeeze moved her out of her way. "I can fight my own battles." She explained to her friend who eyed her confusedly. She smiled, but when she turned back to Miyeon it fell immediately and was replaced by an icy mask.

"What do you want?"

"Lisa." The woman breathed almost intimately. "I just saw you and wanted to say hi."

"Bullshit." Lisa spat out in disgust. "I don't wish to talk to you and you know that."

"I'm sorry for your loss." If she was offended by the open hate rolling off of Lisa, Miyeon didn't show it and soldiered on. "Please. Give me a chance to talk? Coffee? Dinner? Boston or LA?"

The skin on Roseanne's forehead wrinkled more and more showing remarkable creases along with an impressively clenched jaw.

'Who was this woman? What had been the deal between her and Lisa? How long ago was it?'

"Don't -" Lisa stopped, quickly turned around and smiled apologetically at the group letting her gaze linger a second longer on Roseanne. "I'll see you guys later. Text me."

"Lisa?" Roseanne stepped forward in confusion.

"Lisa!" Jisoo raised her voice in protest.

"Jisoo, please." They looked at each other for a moment, before the older nodded holding up her hands in defeat.

"Fine."

Lisa looked at Roseanne and smiled. "Later." She promised and turned around and walked off with Miyeon following her closely.

"Jisoo? Who was that?"

Once Lisa had stormed off, they'd decided to go back to the hotel and enjoy a few drinks at the bar. Bobby and Loren had left them with some lame excuse of not having seen enough of 'Christmassy New York'.

Roseanne had been silent on their way back, but now that everyone had settled she finally asked the question she had had on her mind since the encounter.

"She's Lisa's past."

"Ex-Girlfriend?" Roseanne whispered dreading.

"Long time ago." Jisoo nodded. "The split hadn't been fluffy."

Roseanne nodded and remained silent, sipping at her drink and Jisoo didn't dare to console her in case she'd slip something. She hadn't had a chance to ask Lisa about their afternoon. How much did Roseanne now know?