Chapter 4

***

They walked up the gangway and entered the cool airport building. All of them were breathing in relief upon feeling the A/C hitting their bodies.

Jisoo had caught up with Jennie and had placed her arm around the woman, whispering something into her ear. The brunette laughed and shook her head.

Roseanne walked behind them with Irene and Bobby observing the two in their carefree behaviour.

She knew from Jennie the relationship wasn’t easy with both flying more often than not on different routes. They always tried to get flights together, so they would be able to spend their downtime with each other, but more often than not, they found their schedules didn’t align. It was hard to see Jennie sad, because she was their 'Ray of light', but they’d all been there. It had been one of the reasons Roseanne’s relationship with Suzy had been strained from the beginning.

They reached the exit of Honolulu International Airport and quickly scanned the area for their crew bus to transport them to the hotel. Soon enough, it arrived and shortly after they found themselves being driven away from the airport. The ride to the hotel was spent in silence. Jisoo and Jennie whispered with each other, Irene and Lisa had their eyes fixed on the road, sucking in the beauty that was Hawaii. Roseanne took out her headphones, relaxed in the seat and closed her eyes. Music was her retreat when life became too difficult or too demanding or too painful or simply too much. Her run in with Suzy this morning and the way Lisa had managed to get into her head had taken its subconscious toll on her.

Lisa turned her head slightly to look over her shoulder, watching Roseanne getting lost in her own world. She quickly scanned the bus, but no one regarded her with any attention, so she chanced another glance at her, after shifting her mirrored aviator glasses from the top of her head down onto her nose.

Her eyes landed first on the blonde’s closed ones, shadowed by long eyelashes. Lisa smiled softly and slowly let her gaze wander down the perfect nose, stopping at the little beauty spot below Roseanne's lower lip. ‘This dot was worth its name’, Lisa thought and dared to lower her eyes further down onto tantalising pink lips, slightly glistening and a tiny bit separated. She breathed in deeply, feeling her heart rate rising and bit down on her own. She didn’t see anything beyond the mouth in front of her. It had been so long since Lisa had let herself feel anything. After her last miserable relationship, she had prevented anything from even slightly scraping at the concrete of the walls around her heart.

However, since the death of her parents, the walls were even higher and thicker. It surprised her to no extent how quickly she had let the blonde in and allowed her to settle permanently on her mind. She couldn’t let that happen, she needed her whole focus on work. At least not until her undercover project was finished and she could tell Roseanne, who she really was.

Lisa finally averted her intense stare from Roseanne’s lips and back up to the blonde’s still closed eyes.

‘Would it change anything if Roseanne knew who I really was?’ She furrowed her brows, deeply in thought. ‘Did I want Roseanne to know, who I really am?’ She absentmindedly stared a few more moments at the perfect face, before finally diverting her attention back to the landscape passing by.

She didn’t want to admit to anyone, and certainly not to herself, but the pilot was looking forward to spending more time with Roseanne. By not acknowledging this fact, she also avoided coming to terms with the other point; that she was scared to her bones about wanting to get to know her. There was something about Roseanne beyond her beauty, sincerity and humour, which had Lisa utterly captivated.

This is not good at all’, the brunette concluded silently, shaking her head slightly, and closing her eyes, missing the knowing smirk on Jisoo and Jennie’s faces, who had watched her for the last minutes.