Fragile Hearts❤️

By _Glittery_Hearts

We have seen stories where the love of a partner heals the other in a relationship, but what turn will destin... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Aesthetics
Chapter-01
Chapter-02
Chapter-03
Chapter-04
Chapter-05
Chapter-06
Chapter-07
Chapter-08
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter-65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Chapter-68
Chapter-69
Chapter-70
Chapter-71
Chapter-72
Chapter-73
Chapter-74
Chapter-75
Epilogue
Feedbacks from the readers❤️
Coming Soon!
MaNan: Running Away
Bonus Chapter-01
Love's Resilience

Chapter-09

2.9K 215 40
By _Glittery_Hearts

(Riya is in her cabin, going through some patient's file, when the phone in the cabin rings. She picks up the call, still busy in her file.)

Riya- Yes.

Receptionist- Mam Mrs Neyonika Malhotra and Ms Mukti Malhotra are here to meet you. They say that it's a personal visit.

Riya: Yes, send them to my cabin. I am free.

Receptionist- Okay, mam.

(The receptionist asks Neyonika and Mukti to meet her in the cabin, and Neyonika doesn't like this.)

Neyonika- Her mother would have told her about us visiting. What is this attitude of asking us to come to her cabin?

Mukti- Come on, Mom, it's her workplace. Please adjust now kyunki aap ko hi jaldi thi ghar ki jagha yahan milne ki. Now you need to respect her work commitments as well. She is Asia's youngest, most successful neurosurgeon, so she will obviously be busy the whole day. You need to calm down, Mom.

[Mukti- Come on, Mom, it's her workplace. Please adjust now because you were only eager to meet her here instead of at home. Now you need to respect her work commitments as well. She is Asia's youngest, most successful neurosurgeon, so she will obviously be busy the whole day. You need to calm down, Mom.]

(Neyonika glares at Mukti angrily as she back answers her but stays mum because they have reached Riya's cabin. She knocks on the door, and Riya opens the door to let her in.)

Riya (smiling)- Namastey Aunty.

Neyonika- Namastey.

(Neyonika enters the cabin, and Mukti and Riya have a formal handshake. They all sit on the couch, and Riya gets water for them. Meanwhile, Neyonika is looking around her cabin, her awards and prizes for being such an excellent doctor. Riya serves them water and then sits in front of them to talk.)

Riya- Should I order coffee or something for you?

Mukti- No no that's okay. Please don't be formal. We are fine.

Neyonika- And we are here to talk about my son's marriage contract and to check if you are good enough for our family.

Riya- Of course, mam. Aap ko jo puchna hai puch lijiye. I will answer all your questions.

[Riya- Of course, mam. You can ask me whatever you want to. I will answer all your questions.]

(Riya gives Neyonika and Mukti an awkward smile while Mukti looks in disbelief at Neyonika, who completely ignores her.)

Neyonika- So I am here to warn you. Don't think that if you are our to-be daughter-in-law, then you can do anything. This is just a contract from both sides. I don't know about your relationship with Manik, but you must take care of our reputation in society.

Riya- Absolutely mam. I know aap ne kitni mehnat ki hai ye reputation banane mein. I would never intentionally try to defame you or your family in society. You have my word on that.

[Riya- Absolutely, mam. I know how hard you have worked to build up this reputation. I would never intentionally try to defame you or your family in society. You have my word on that.]

(Neyonika gives Riya a straight smile while Mukti shows Riya a thumbs up, to which she warmly smiles back.)

Neyonika- You don't have the privilege to take advantage of our name outside to get your work done. People think ki bada naam use kar ke apne kaam karva lo, but I won't let you do that. Are you clear about that?

[Neyonika- You don't have the privilege to take advantage of our name outside to get your work done. People think they can use someone's name to get their work done, but I won't let you do it. Are you clear about that?]

(Riya smiles at Neyonika and then answers her.)

Riya- One thing that I am very clear about is that YOUR name, YOUR reputation, YOUR image means a lot to you, Mrs Malhotra. But you don't have to worry about all this. Because I have MY name, MY reputation, and MY image established in society well enough that I don't need anyone else's help for anything.

(And here Neyonika gets dumbstruck with Riya's answer, and Mukti is smiling, looking at the girl sitting in front of her, who is the first person who has answers to all her mother's questions or taunts and is also not disrespectful towards her family.)

Riya (chuckling)- Well, I have never used my name or image to get something done, but if you say so, I will take care of that as well, Mrs Malhotra. You don't have to worry about your reputation in society at all.

Neyonika- The following warning I want to give you is about my son. Manik Malhotra. You would know about him, right? He is the youngest billionaire in the world.

(Riya sighs, looking at how Neyonika was just trying to show her superiority over her and is just trying to show off.)

Riya- I am so sorry, but I know little about him.

(Mukti tries to suppress her laugh after seeing Riya giving the correct answers to her mother.)

Neyonika- What do you mean you don't know about him? He is the richest...

Riya- No matter how rich he is, Mrs. Malhotra. Main aap ke bete ke paise se shaadi nahi karne wali hoon. Yaa aap ki image aur reputation se. I am going to be your son's wife and your daughter-in-law. Uss me paise, reputation, image, society vagera sab kahan se aa gaya?

[Riya- No matter how rich he is, Mrs. Malhotra. I am not getting married to your son's money. Or even to your image and reputation. I am going to be your son's wife and your daughter-in-law. And how did money, reputation, image, and society come in between.?]

(And here, Neyonika is left speechless, again.)

Riya- We are going to come together to form a new relationship. I will develop new relationships with everyone in your family and you with my family and me. Then what would money give us all in this? And I am sorry if it looks insulting to you, mam, but these are my opinions and views on everything you asked. I am not trying to make you feel bad at all, but I hope you don't make me feel bad, please.

Neyonika- Fine. So, are you ready for this marriage? For all the responsibilities and duties that come along?

Riya- I cannot promise you or guarantee you something, mam, but I will try my best to become someone you can be proud of. That's all I say now.

Mukti- Of course. Bilkul sahi keh rahi hain vo Mom. Ab to aap ne sab questions puch liye naa. Are you satisfied now?

[Mukti- Of course. She is absolutely right, mom. And now you have asked all your questions, right? Are you satisfied now?]

(Neyonika nods in yes, and Riya smiles to an already smiling Mukti, who gets up and hugs her tightly, excited and super happy.)

Mukti- I am so so happy. Finally, everything is decided. I can't wait to see you get married to Bhai.

Riya- I am also super excited to be with you all.

(Mukti smiles at Riya, which she warmly reverts, and Neyonika gets up from her seat.)

Neyonika- I think you and Manik should meet up as well. How about you and your family come to dinner at our house tomorrow? We can discuss more things there.

Riya- Sure, mam. Thank you so much.

Neyonika- So we will leave now. Goodbye.

Riya- Good bye mam.

(Neyonika leaves when Mukti quickly comes to Riya.)

Mukti- Aap please apna number mujhe de sakte ho? I will send you pictures of Bhai. Aapne unhe dekha nahi hoga naa. But he has seen your pictures already.

[Mukti- Can you please share your number with me? I will send you pictures of my brother. You must have not seen him, right? But he has seen your pictures already.]

Riya (smiling)- Yes, sure.

(Mukti and Riya exchange numbers and hug each other. Mukti then leaves with Neyonika, and Riya takes a sigh.)

(After 05 minutes, Riya receives some messages from Mukti, and there are some pictures as well. Riya chuckles and downloads the photos, but as soon as she does, she gets shocked.)

Riya (shocked)- He is Manik Malhotra? Shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...
393K 14.4K 29
Rayyan Ali Khan CEO of Khan Enterprises. Eldest son of the famous Khan Family. A perfect family man. Ayesha Siddiqui Daughter of Pakistan's famous H...
83.8K 6.6K 56
"I love you Ravi, I love you very much. From the day I saw you have took away my heart with you. I am the luckiest person on earth to get you as my w...
96.7K 5.1K 34
Vivaan and Sanvika have been betrothed since they were kids. Coming from two of the wealthiest business families in the country, the two had accepted...