Dragon Kiss

By MeganHultz

My name is Tessa and I was forced into slavery when I was ten years old. Ten years ago the slavers of Dragos... More

Falling Snow
The Gray Dragon
The Dragon Dance
Lost Little Girl
The Ice Dragon Nest
The Call
The Search
Dragos Must Pay
The Priest Prince
What Are You
Looking Within
For Your Entertainment
The Gold Dragon
The Sacred Animals of Wintervale
Cost of Freedom
A Damning Claim
The Vile Woman
Not Yours To Keep
Regaining Strength
Kieran's First Concubine
An Old Friend
The History of Wintervale
The Law's Loopholes
The Room of The Dead
The Dragos Emperor
A Life Changing Offer
The Conquest of Freedom
Calling The Fire Dragons
Brothers Reunited
Legends of Legends
The Final Warning
I Will Not Compromise
Not A True Priest
Watching From The Shadows
God's We Have In Common
You Don't Understand
Strange Things
Through The Eyes of Madness

The Raid

33 6 0
By MeganHultz

Prologue Part Six

Isis. Who is that? The name echo's in my head over and over again. The growl I just heard I felt it go through me as if it were calling to a deep part of me, a part of me that is buried deep inside of me so deep that I am not myself when it comes forward. It sounds strange but that is the only explanation I can think of. But when everything went blank I felt like myself but at the same time I didn't. It just confused me even more; maybe grandfather will know what's happening to me and maybe he can help me understand it.

I feel wind on my face but the rest of me feel's hot. I open my eyes and I'm lying against someone. I look up and Zero is holding on to me. I'm covered in fur, so that's why I'm hot. I push the fur off of me. And I realize I don't remember getting on Neige or greeting him in anyway.

"Hey you ok?" Zero asks when he looks down at me.

"When did I get on Neige?"

"A few hours ago."

Ok now I'm really confused. Did I pass out or something? Neige starts heading to the ground and lands next to a large cave.

"What are we doing here?"

"We are going to take a small break so Neige can rest and we can eat."

Zero helps me down. I look around I feel like I've been here before.

"Tessa, come on."

I follow Zero inside. Now I know why I feel like I've been here before. Because I have, this is where Onyx brought me when he found me in the snow. I don't remember it being this hot though. Maybe it's because I've gotten so use to the cold.

"Hey are you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine it's hot in here is all. I don't remember it being this hot when I was here before."

"Wait you were here before."

"Yes a dragon found me in the snow and brought me here."

"Then how did you end up in the Dragon's Nest?"

"Oh, a different dragon brought me there after finding me here."

"I see."

"What's wrong?"

"The Dragon's Nest is forbidden. You shouldn't have been there."

"They welcomed me when I got there, I was home. I've never seen so many dragons before. It was so pretty you should have seen it Zero. Dragons were flying all over, I think they were dancing."

"Dancing" Zeros looked shocked and then he looked at me with curiosity in his eyes.

I'm guessing people aren't allowed to see something like that. But if the Elder Dragon didn't want me there she would have made me leave and not allowed me to watch the dragons dance through the sky. The silver and blue dragons didn't have to let me stay in their nest or with them at all they could have turned me away or even brought me back home. But they didn't, they let me stay in a place only meant for dragons and where humans are not allowed to be.

I wonder why they let me see the dragon dance and let me stay with them. I get the feeling they wouldn't do that for just anyone one. Maybe it's because I'm only ten years old and being the scared and merciful creatures they are they decided to take care of me until it was time for me to go home.

But none of that explains why I felt so at home in the Ice Dragon Nest. I really wish I could go back right now. The silver dragon was so upset when I left I wonder if she is ok now. Zero and I eat and drink while Neige rest's and catches the food I toss him he seems happy to see me. After about an hour we head home and this time we don't stop until we get there.

The village is quiet and I don't see any dragons or snow leopards around. I wonder where everyone is.

"They must not know your back yet I'll go get them and send everyone back" Zero said after I got off "Grandmother is inside waiting for you. Go on."

I head in side and Zero doesn't leave until I close the door.

"Tessa oh thank the gods you are alright" My grandmother pulls me into a bear hug.

"Gran I can't breathe. Please let me go."

"Oh sorry, come in and eat the others should be back soon now that your home."

"Tessa" Nao yelled running to me and throwing his arms around me "I missed you."

"I missed you to."

After dinner Nao and I are sitting listening to Gran tell us a story while we wait for everyone to return. I wonder what's taking everyone so long. Did they go that far from the village in order to find me? I don't have a good feeling right now it is way too quiet. I don't like it.

There's a loud crash outside.

"What was that?" Nao asked.

"I don't know you two stay here."

She gets up and heads for the door. I have a really bad feeling.

"No stay in here don't go out there."

I get up and run to the door blocking it.

"Tessa I need to see what's going on outside."

"It's not safe out there."

"Tessa someone might need help."

I shake my head. The door handle moves and someone outside tries to open it. I stand against it with all of my strength and force the door closed and latch the lock. There is no way I am letting whoever is on the other side into our house. I hear a scream it's far away it much be from one of the houses further away. After the one scream there is another and another until that's all I hear is screams from the outside. Something hard hits the door and it shakes I press myself harder against it. My grandmother does the same thing Nao even tries to help. But the banging is getting more and more violent.

"You two run and hid now."

"But you can't hold the door by yourself" I tell her.

"Do as I say Tessa. Take Nao and run. Go NOW."

The door starts to crack and I do as I am told. I grab Nao and run to my bedroom and lock the door. I push my wardrobe in front of the door and open the window. My window faces the nearby woods. If I can get Nao there we will be able to hide in one of the trees.

"Nao come on."

"What about Gran?"

"She said to run."

There's a loud smash from the front door followed by a loud roar. Mya must have been drawn to the sound. I help Nao out of the window. I hear people screaming and I see others heading for the woods only to be tackled by someone. I heard about the raids on some of the outer villages and how people came here to escape them. Whoever is doing this is quite brave for coming here with all of the Dragons and Snow Leopard around.

My blood turns cold. There are no dragons here right now and there are so few Snow Leopards here there might as well be none at all. They are all far away looking for me. This is my fault if I hadn't left home that night these people wouldn't be doing this now. I close my window, maybe it will slow them down. The snow is deep Nao won't be able to walk through it let alone run.

I grab my brother put him on my back and start running towards the forest. I run as fast as I can. Nao is choking me trying not to let go. I can't think about that right now though I have to keep running. The snow shouldn't be as deep in the forest and it should be easier to run. I have to hide Nao and go help Gran.

"Where do you think you're going" someone yelled I ignored them and kept running. I make it to the forest. The snow isn't as deep because of the trees blocked most of it when it was falling. It's easier to run. I speed up. I head for the path there are lots of footprints and mine will blend in and we should be able to hide. I speed up but that was a mistake my feet slide on ice and I accidently let go of Nao and we slide on the path into a large snow drift.

It takes me a moment to get out of the snow but when I do I see a man with his hands on Nao. I scream as loudly as I can. My scream turns into a roar that starts to echo in the forest.

"GET. YOUR. HANDS. OFF. OF. MY. BROTHER."

To be honest I'm not even sure I'm the one who is speaking anymore. I don't feel like myself anymore. Seeing that man trying to drag Nao away made something snap inside of me I don't know what it is but I like it. It's welcome if it can help save Nao.

I roar and start running at the man. I see his eyes widen in horror when I jump on him. He lets out a startled scream and releases Nao. All I feel right now is rage and I raise my hand and punch the man. I dig my fingers into him causing him to yell with pain.

"RUN" I growl at Nao.

Nao looks horrified when he looks into my eyes. But he does as I say and runs deeper into the woods.

"What the fuck are you. Get off of me."

I roar again I feel something taking over me completely. I raise my hand and with one movement all I see is the man's horrified expression. I give into my rage completely when I see more men coming. I hear a loud roar and the forest shakes. The dragons must have returned.

I let out my own roar and run at the men. I will not let them get to Nao. I jump on one of them and raise my hand. The more I give into my rage the less I am aware of my surrounding. They will not touch my brother. With another earth shaking roar I give into my rage fully.

Authors Note: Thank you all for so much for reading Dragon Kiss Prologue Part six. I hope you are all enjoying this story as much as I'm enjoying writing this story. If you like this story please let me know by leaving a like or a comment it lets me know I should keep working on this story.

Please Share this story with your firends as well.

Thank you all for reading don't forget to check out my Facebook Page Author Megan Hultz for more info on the release dates of my stories.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 1.9K 22
Aelar Vaelyreos was just 19 when the Doom happened put under protection from old and strong magic from his parents he and his dragon Arrax were put i...
727 97 11
"Oh, Sas... It's not just your obedience that I want." She ran her hand down my face, softly gripping my chin. Her dark gaze burnt a trail to the red...
6.9K 613 50
I've lived alone for eight and a half years, running from my past. That's a hell of a thing for a shifter to do. Eve Rutledge moves to a new town eve...
Watch By Loco Jo

Historical Fiction

271 29 15
COMPLETED STORY The agony is like nothing I have ever felt before, I slide in and out of consciousness, I feel the strange sway of the two legged's w...