waves • jj maybank

By luvstarkey_

𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘰𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘸𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘴, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 �... More

intro
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four (bonus chapter)
thirty five (bonus chapter)
update!
new book is up!
!season 2!
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
fifty six
fifty seven
fifty eight
fifty nine
sixty
sixty one
sixty two
sixty three
sixty four
sixty five
sixty six
sixty seven
sixty eight
sixty nine
seventy
seventy one
seventy two
seventy three
seventy four (bonus chapter)
sequel!
thank you!

forty nine

5.5K 84 13
By luvstarkey_

~~~

"John Booker Routledge, pursuant to the North Carolina statute section 14, you are charged with the murder in the first degree with aggravated circumstances. if convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." the judge stated.

the five Pogues quickly sat up in shock not believing what they had just heard, Caroline held Sarah's hand tightly, the Pogues still in shock after hearing what the judge had said.

"your Honor, he's 17." JJ argued standing up yelling at the judge.

"J." Caroline stood up putting her hand on his chest.

"quiet."

"he's 17! are you kidding me?" JJ continued to argue.

"you're good." Pope started pulling JJ out.

"hey, John B, we're gonna figure it out." JJ tried getting out of his friends grips.

"John B! John B!" Sarah ran over to him.

"Kie-"

"i got her."

the Pogues walked out furious hearing everyone's comments on how John B deserved it all.

"is this a joke? like, are we in hell or...?" Kiara said walking down the steps.

"i should have never come home." Sarah sniffled.

"it's not your fault." Caroline linked her arm with Sarah's trying to comfort her.

"they're gonna kill him, guys. i know it." JJ turned around facing his friends.

"sorry for what you and your family have gone through. Thank God the system works." the five turned around seeing Ward and his Lawyers walking out of the courthouse.

"can you please shut up? of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you." Kiara snapped at them.

"he'll have his day in court. a jury will decide."

"he shouldn't even be in court! you should, 'cause you're a murderer. you have a lot of nerve showing up to court." Kiara argued looking right at Ward.

"i know you're upset. i understand you're upset, okay?" Ward approached Kiara, Caroline stepped over standing beside her.

"upset?" Kiara cried out.

"i know he's for you fooled. he's got you all fooled." Ward said.

"fooled!?" Caroline scoffed, "you know damn well i was there and you know damn well who exactly did it!" Caroline yelled right in Ward's face who froze in shock, "now you're scared. you know i'm right, it was you and your son that did all of this!" she loudly screamed making sure everyone heard.

"no, i'm not just upset!" Kiara screamed getting ready to go at Ward along with Caroline with Shoupe and Thomas pulled the two girls away.

"show some respect!" Ward yelled at the two girls.

"something you need to learn, you asshole!" Caroline yelled back at him when Thomas pulled Caroline away roughly.

"get off of me!" she screamed pushing him away as JJ grabbed her.

"muzzle your goddamned dog! and don't let him near my girlfriend!" JJ snapped at Shoupe holding Caroline by the waist.

"why don't you take the Kooks down for a change? Shoupe." JJ looked at him.

"you wanna get arrested? get out! you need to go." Shoupe told the five.

"this is bullshit." Kiara and Caroline muttered under their breath.

"come on. look, it's not worth it." Sarah turned the two girls away.

they overhead Plumb quickly turning back around not believing the deputies words.

"it's not a coincidence that your daughter's sitting with us." Kiara called out to Ward getting his attention.

"got something for you, Shoupe." JJ went to grab something quickly bringing his hand up flipping off the Sheriff.

"come on." Caroline interlocked their hands together leaving the courthouse.

"they still won't let you testify?" JJ quietly asked his girlfriend.

"no, they rather listen to Ward than me, i had to get something out with him now, you saw how scared he got." she whispered to him resting her other hand on his arm.

"he's gonna get in there eventually." JJ whispered tightening his hand onto hers.

"hoping for that." she whispered.

~~~

sitting in the Château the five sat in silence looking down at the rain trying to process everything that just happened just minutes ago at the court house.

"i'm gonna testify under oath. i was there. i just need to get a hold on my sister." Sarah spoke up, "Kie, do you have your phone?"

"sister?" JJ asked dumbfounded.

"Sarah, i was there too and they won't even let me testify! trust me, i tried the night i was taken in for questioning. it's his word against ours!" Caroline spoke from the couch looking at the blonde.

"Wheezie is the only other person that knows Rafe wasn't home that day. i don't know know what else to do. Ace, you know she can help." Sarah said, Caroline sighed covering her face hoping Sarah was right about Wheezie.

"Wheezie?"

"i got us into this mess. i'm gonna do my best to get us out." Sarah walked inside to get in contact with her sister.

"Wheezie? yeah, that will work." JJ scoffed, "well, she's right about one thing. we gotta do something. our boy is PO-dub right now, okay? he's held captive by the enemy right now, maybe even scheduled for execution. are we just gonna sit here?" he yelled turning to Kiara who stood up.

"what's the plan? we start by kidnapping Shoupe?" she argued with him.

"maybe, like, that's not the worst idea actually." JJ stated.

"this is his new thing?" Caroline asked looking at Pope who just shook his head.

"oh, it's not?"

"no!"

"that is actually the worst idea i've ever heard." Pope stepped into the conversation.

"i agree." Caroline sat up from the couch.

"it's pretty bad." Sarah said looking out from the window.

"you know? please, just stay out of this. okay, Pope, look, we've been doing everything your way, and how has that been working out? huh?" JJ asked turning his attention to Pope.

"okay, okay, so what's your plan? you gonna storm a jail, guns a-blazing?" Pope stood up looking down at JJ.

"look, Pope, all i'm trying to get you to understand is they got our boy. now are we just gonna sit here and do nothing? no! we're gonna go get his ass. we're gonna do something about it!" JJ yelled at Pope, Caroline stood running her hands through her hair frustratingly.

"JJ, we're not storming a jail. it's not happening." Pope told him for the second time.

"no, fine, man. sit in your comfy chair. do nothing. i'm gonna see what i can do. make something happen, even if i have to do it by myself." JJ looked at Caroline then walked out as Caroline followed behind him.

"J.." she rushed down the steps watching him get on his bike.

"no, you haven't said a word so i'm sure you think it's a bad idea as well." he pulled out his keys.

"yes it is! but listen, going to a jail and breaking him out is scary. what if you get caught? huh? i almost lost you once before and i can't almost lose you again. i'm gonna go home, i'm gonna use all the money i have to get him a lawyer or something to help him to make sure he comes back home," Caroline breathed out gripping his hand tightly.

"i love you and i just want you to be careful with what your planning, i'm gonna try again and try to testify with Sarah with Wheezie's help, okay? just promise me, you'll be careful with whatever plan you do." JJ nodded at her words putting his hand on her cheek pulling his lips to hers kissing her passionately.

Caroline kissed back resting her hand on the side of his neck missing the feeling of his lips on hers. JJ slowly pulled away pecking her lips repeatedly until he pulled away completely rubbing his thumb against her cheek.

"i love you, i'll be careful." she nodded at his words backing up as he started his bike driving off.

"need a ride home?" Kie asked from behind her.

"yes and no because i'm not ready to face my parents." Caroling blankly said.

Kie chuckled approaching her handing her, her stuff, "neither am i."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 21.4K 118
𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙤𝙪𝙨 𝘢𝘥𝘫. 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘤𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥, 𝘢𝘸𝘦...
5.4K 392 15
And you had to go, I know, I know, I know. JJ MAYBANK / FEM!OC KIARA CARRERA / FEM!OC OBX SEASON 3
9.8K 553 19
For the shame of being young, drunk, and alone. LOST AT SEA FROM JJ'S PERSPECTIVE FEM!OC / JJ MAYBANK OBX SEASON 1 BOOK 1 FIRST DRAFT ⸻ 12/10/21 → 12...
47.4K 1.1K 51
𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐋'𝐒 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃 ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙄'𝙢 𝙨𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚.❞ ❝𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙠𝙣𝙤𝙬, 𝙄 𝙙𝙤�...