thirty eight

~~~tw: this chapter will include anxiety attacks & talks of anxiety

~~~
tw: this chapter will include anxiety attacks & talks of anxiety.
note: to be clear i have been diagnosed with anxiety & what will be written is based off my experience with anxiety. if any of you feel anxious or need anyone to talk to please message a friend, a family member, someone you trust or message me. i love you all so much.
~~~

standing in the pouring rain the four Pogues stood behind a fence spotting Ward's truck, Pope dug out an old camera he had to capture the footage of Ward and Gavin to show Shoupe to prove that John B was innocent.

"nice camera. where'd you dig up that relic? why don't you just use your phone?" JJ asked Pope wondering why he needed the camera.

"well, first of all, i like my antique electronics. second of all, this is a telephoto. it allows me to get a close image from far away." Pope informed his friends.

"lord of the dorks." Kiara sarcastically said.

"for definitive proof of witness payoff, we're gonna need quality glass. there he is." Pope hushed watching Ward run into the empty building that was being built.

"yo, get down." JJ lowered himself and Caroline down so they wouldn't get caught.

"there's Gavin." Caroline whispered still being able to see the two men.

"where are you going, you son of a bitch? no, no, no, no. i'm losing him." Pope groaned, "shit. where's he going?"

"hold on." JJ ran off, Caroline turned her head going after him.

"what are you doing?" she questioned her boyfriend looking where he was.

"we can climb up there and get a better view of them." he whispered pointing up to the ladder.

"not a bad idea." she nodded going to the ladder.

"i always have good ideas." he grinned at her whistling to the Pope and Kie, "yo! hey. i found something. come here."

"gotta go up top."

the four climbed up as the rain started to pour down harder, Caroline clutched her back pack on tightly pulling the hood of her sweater over her head spotting Ward and Gavin.

"you rolling, Pope?" JJ asked.

"are you getting it?" Kiara asked next.

"yeah. yeah, i see them." Pope responded.

Caroline looked at JJ worriedly, he looked at her taking her hand holding it tightly kissing it gently.