seventy two

~~~

~~~

"repeat. all hands and passengers report to the tween forward hull immediately."

"they took the bridge." John B whispered in excitement.

"that's our boy. once they're all in the hull, Ace and i will lock them inside." JJ informed John B.

"Kie and i will find Sarah and get that lifeboat." John b whispered as Kiara nodded at his plan.

"we'll meet you, load the cross and get outta here." Caroline looked at JJ who nodded at her words.

"let's roll."

JJ was the first to climb out of the container followed by John B, Kiara was next climbing out and then Caroline and off they went their separate ways.

"be careful." Caroline told John B and Kiara.

"always." Kiara smiled at her, JJ took Caroline's hand making their way to the hull immediately hiding.

JJ leaned up against one wall and Caroline on the other trying to be as quiet as they could when they heard crew members.

"hey, what the hell is this all about?" Caroline heard men approaching, she slowly turned her head looking over.

"this doesn't have to do with that stowaway, does it?"

"guess we'll find out."

"psst. how many?" JJ whispered to Caroline.

she looked back at him holding up three fingers.

"it's got something to do with that cross. i'm telling you, it's cursed. we're making God angry."

Caroline slowly made her way to the entry way seeing the men walk into where the captain told them to go. more people were approaching as Caroline looked over seeing Wheezie, Rafe and Rose going to the same spot as Wheezie asked questions.

she looked again through the entry way and quickly leaned back seeing Rafe had stopped walking noticing something. silence filled the area for a few minutes and nobody else was coming, Caroline turned to JJ who was already looking at her.

"that's all of the crew." she whispered.

"except Ward. we need Ward." JJ whispered back.

"we can't wait." she shook her head.

JJ nodded his head for her to go to the door as Caroline made a run for it quickly shutting the door. the men inside quickly tried getting the door to open as Caroline groaned at all the pressure. JJ stood behind her pressing his chest against her back helping shut the door as much as they could.

Caroline got the door to shut as JJ locked it up quickly, "there's another door! there's another door!"

the couple quickly ran back as JJ quickly shut the door while Caroline locked it. they looked at each other and chuckled lightly making their way down to the cross, Caroline jumped off the ladder following JJ who started removing the blankets revealing the cross.