twenty one

when the girls were out of view JJ turned Pope's face to his romantically, "be safe

when the girls were out of view JJ turned Pope's face to his romantically, "be safe." JJ whispered.

"i'll be so safe." Pope held his arm. "i'll be safe for you." he whispered.

"can you guys stop? stop! i'm gonna kill you." John B said holding up one of the metal things at them.

"but how would that keep us safe?" Pope whispered.

"hey, uh, JJ what was that just now with Ace?" John B smirked at his friend.

"hey no don't start with me now" JJ said, "but if your asking then yes we're together now" the blonde added.

"we know, we just wanted to hear you say it" Pope said causing JJ to smile.

"i'm happy, man" JJ smiled.

meanwhile the girls got closer to the house looking for the box Sarah mentioned earlier when Kiara nudged Ace.

"you and JJ!" she whisper yelled excitedly.

"Kie, don't start please" Ace laughed.

"no, no, when did all this start?" Sarah asked.

"a while now" Ace smiled, "but hey i'm not single anymore" she adds causing the two girls to smile widely at her.

"okay come on" she laughed walking ahead of the girls moving some branches away.

"she must have a generator plugged into the main power supply." Kiara said as the girls walked up the steps quietly.

Kiara opened the box quietly while Ace and Sarah shines the flashlight not seeing the breakers.

"where are the breakers?" Sarah asked.

"what is this?" Kie whispered.

"no, no, no, no, no, no, no" Sarah whimpered.

"shit." Kie said following the chord.

"it goes inside." Ace says.

the girls walked to the door opening it quietly wondering why it was unlocked but who would be crazy enough to go inside the Crain house. meanwhile the boys were still hiding waiting for the light to turn off so they can go over to the basement.

"they said when Hollis disappeared-" JJ started to say turning to the boys but Pope quickly cut him off.

"that you should shut the eff up!" he whisper yelled, JJ looked at John B in shock and whistled not expecting that reaction from Pope.

the girls walked inside the house quietly looking around and following the chord when a cat hissed causing the three to get startled. the girls reached the power box smiling and laughing quietly shutting them off, the boys looked at the light then at each other.

"they did it. go time." John B whispered, all the boys brought up their masks getting ready.

"so let's do it." Pope whispered.

right as John B started to count JJ stood up walking towards the basement causing the other two to follow him. once they got in they set everything down getting ready to set it all up when JJ had a realization.

"holy crap, you what this is? it just hit me. Pope, look. this is C.H.U.D. full C.H.U.D." JJ smiled handing him the rope.

"what is he talking about?" John B asked.

"cannibalistic humanoid underground dwellers? have you guys not seen that film?" JJ asked.

"no." John B whispered.

"can't say i have, no." Pope said grabbing the rope from JJ.

"it's actually a good film. it's about cannibals that live in the sewers and under New York City, and it's like—"

"shut up! shut up!" John scolded the blonde. "all right. how deep do you think this is, Pope?"

Pope sighed looking down at the well, "i don't know."

the girls heard a whirl inside quickly hiding against the wall looking around as Pope lowered John B down in the basement.

"hey, boys i have one request." John B said.

"yeah?"

"don't drop me." he said.

JJ pretended to drop him making him and Pope laugh while John B scolded them. JJ ended up slipping as the rope lowered John B faster causing him to yell at the boys and waking Mrs. Crain from upstairs.

the old woman walked downstairs loudly as the girls heard her starting to freak out looking at each other. the boys lowered John B down in water looking around. meanwhile the girls held each other while Kiara and Ace covered their mouths, Ace felt her anxiety come rushing closing her eyes taking deep breaths.

"it's- it's late, Leon." the old woman said.

"you find any gold?" JJ asked John B.

"uh, nothin' yet." John B replied, "wait, i think i felt something with my foot." he added holding his breath going down in the water picking up the item quickly coming back up coughing out the water that went in his mouth.

he looked at the item quickly going into shock seeing what was in his hand, "Mr. Crain." he threw the part of the skeleton down starting to scream. "JJ! hey, pull me up! pull me up! come on, man! go!" John B screamed.

"pull him up! come on, pull him up!" Pope yelled.

the boys started to pull John B back up who kept screaming gripping the wall to attempt to climb up. seeing parts of the bricks fall into the water. he yelled at the boys to wait flashing the light into the hole letting the boys know he found something. John B crawled into the hole as the girls stayed as still as possible seeing Mrs. Crain walk right in front of them.

"i can hear you Leon, i've been waiting all night!" yelled the old woman causing the three girls to scream and run away from the woman.

the girls split up running in different directions, when Ace reached a room Mrs. Crain ended up scratching her leg with the fire poker, she cursed quietly ending up in a room shutting the door seeing Sarah, who grabbed her hand rushing out to see Kiara and Mrs. Crain.

Sarah took Ace to the other room quickly hitting the woman grabbing Kiara's hand running to the room shutting the door as the three leaned against it. Mrs. Crain ended up breaking the door down with the fire poker she had in her hands.

"this way! it goes underneath the house!" Sarah yelled grabbing the two girls' hands running down to the basement.