thirty

Kiara stepped out of the car with Pope while JJ and Ace sat in the back seat watching the two

"perfectly focused." Pope whispered.

"you sure this is a good idea?" JJ asked.

"she's the only one who can clear John B." Kiara jumping over the stone wall followed by Pope who struggled to climb over.

"last place they'll look because of how stupid it is." JJ argued.

"okay enough." Ace mumbles leaning back playing with her bracelets.

"i just don't know why you can't clear his name" JJ looked back at her.

"do you really think they'll believe me? they know i'm always with you guys and will believe Sarah more" she replied. "even if i tried, Ward told them i was there when it happened and made something up. Plumb told me to go to her when i walked into the station to get away from John B."

JJ sighed throwing his hat to the floor of the car, Ace reached for his hand holding it tightly. she sat on his lap wrapping her arms around him hugging him tightly, he wrapped his arms around her waist kissing her cheek softly. the two sat quietly waiting for Pope and Kiara to return holding each other quietly.

"do you think he's gonna be okay?" Ace whispered.

"i don't know, baby" JJ sighed rubbing his thumb against her waist. "i hope so" he added.

"remember that time, in sixth grade when we all freaked about middle school and ditched to go surf?" she smiled remembering the memory of the three of them.

"Pope didn't wanna ditch no matter how many times we tried to convince him." JJ laughed holding her tighter.

"those were the best waves there was that day." she replied.

"that was the day i realized i was in love with you, well i've always had a crush but that day, i just knew i loved you and kept picturing you in my life forever." he smiled at her.

"really?" she smiled as he nodded kissing her softly.

"i love you so much, you know that?" Ace mumbled against his lips.

"i know, but did you know i love you more?" he smirked, she laughed and nodded.

"i'd do anything to go back to that day." he looked at her.

"me too" she looked at him, kissing him gently.

the four slept at the wreck the night before, the next morning JJ was the first one up looking out the window playing with his lighter, Pope was the second to wake up as Kiara and Ace were still asleep on the bench hugging each other.

Pope looked at Kiara still upset about what happened between the two last night when he confessed his love to her and she denied it. Pope walked over to JJ looking out the window as well.

"he's pinched for sure, man." JJ said flicking his lighter on and off.

"no. they wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him." Pope replied looking at the blonde.

"let's hope." JJ replied.

"you know, we were in that car. they're probably looking for us, too." Kiara said sitting up as she woke up making the boys look over at her.

"shh i'm still trying to sleep." Ace mumbled waving her hand up turning around falling on the ground landing with a thud. "ow."

"well, if we're gonna be outlaws we might as well help John B." Pope ignored Kiara looking back at JJ walking to his back pack.

"so, find him before they do?" JJ asked. "Pope?"

"i'm gonna get gas for the boat." Pope said making his way to the door.

"hey, you be careful." Kiara told him, "okay?"

Ace was still on the floor watching quietly sitting up slowly rubbing her eyes, she stood up walking over to JJ hugging him tightly as he kissed her forehead.

"meet me at the dock at three. don't be late." Pope yet again ignored Kiara looking at JJ walking out.

JJ and Ace looked at Kiara in confusion wondering what had happened between them. Kiara followed Pope while JJ and Ace followed behind slowly.

"i love arguments right in the morning." she yawned leaning against the railing once the couple stepped outside.

"okay, what is your problem?" Kiara asked following Pope.

"no problem, Officer. i'm just doing my job." Pope said getting on the bike.

"look, i'm sorry i hurt your feelings." Kiara stood next to him as he started revving the bike.

"what was that?" Pope asked.

"look, i didn't mean to." Kiara said as Pope once again revved the bike so he wouldn't hear her.

"sorry, i can't hear you. what was that?" he repeated.

"Pope, i'm being serious- i'm trying to talk to you!" Kiara yelled as Pope drove off.

Kiara made her way back to the JJ and Ace as they all heard a helicopter fly over them and landing a bit far from the wreck making the three look over.

"what the hell?" Ace asked standing straight.

"who the hell is that?" JJ asked.

the SBI helicopter landed causing the three to look at each other even more worried then they already were.