Blink

Av DeepBlueInk

In a world that literally holds the remnant of humanity, 5 people, have been given the opportunity to save hu... Mer

Author's note
Chapter 0: Genesis
Chapter 1: The Grim whale.
Chapter 2: The stranger
Chapter 3: The Grimwhale's contest
Chapter 4: The Grimwhale's contest II
Chapter 6: Blink.
Chapter 7: Aftermaths of the contest.
Chapter 8: An Unexpected Visitor.
Chapter 9: The Lights
Chapter 10: The Guardians.
Chapter 11: Shadow Writer.
Chapter 12: Many paths lead to mountain Green box's summit.
Chapter 13: Project Bravestar I.
Chapter 14: Project Bravestar II.
Chapter 15: Nobody is truly dead.
Chapter 16: Extraction I.
Chapter 17: Extraction II.
Chapter 18: Fire Girl.
Chapter 19: With great power, comes peace of mind.
Chapter 20: Back to school.
Chapter 21: Fake VS original
Chapter 22: Limits exist to be broken.
Chapter 23: "Your free trial has ended".
Chapter 24: The bout.
Chapter 25: The ghosts.
Chapter 26: The Red Fang Gang.
Chapter 27: Goodbye Private room 3.
Chapter 28: Port.
Chapter 29: Discord.
Chapter 30: People change when they are hurt.
Chapter 31: Birds of a feather flock together.
Chapter 32: A rocky start
Chapter 33: Another Encounter
Chapter 34: Echoes and Healing.

Chapter 5: The Guardian's creed.

50 11 8
Av DeepBlueInk

Michael's POV.

The barrier I jumped through didn't seem special in any way, except for the fact that it looked like a wall. But still, I couldn't help going through the barrier over and over again, just for the thrills.

"If you go through that veil again, I'll knock you out and drag you away!" I heard Ryuuki scream just as I was about to step through the barrier again.

"We don't have enough time on our hands boys! Let's move!" Delai said in her usual cheery tone, walking towards a door.

"Okay" I said walking towards the group, "at least they would be better than those wolves" I thought to myself.

"Ryuuki, try to be more competent though, I had to stop doing my stuff to come here" Delai said, her tone cheery yet stern.

"Sure! I'll just knock the kid out and drag him to Vivian next time!" Ryuuki shot back.

"Hmph, whatever, let's just get this over with" she replied.

"Hello Eddy, please could you open the doors? We have to take someone to Vivian" Delai said to a masked figure sitting at the doors.

"Oh Delai! Is that him?" the masked figure replied.

"Yup, its him! Take your mask off though, we don't want him thinking he's being lured into a cult or something" she replied.

"Nahhh, I have a cold, I can't take off the mask" the masked figure replied.

"I'm sorry to hear that! Get well soon! Fall in love right after! Now would you just open the doors?" Ryuuki replied in a sarcastic tone.

"So, he's still like this?" the masked figure said sighing at Delai.

"Unfortunately, he is" Delai replied.

The masked person replied with a sigh and hit a red button, letting the door open. "Take care then! Tell Vivian that gate duty is getting too boring for me!" the stranger called from behind us as we entered into a corridor with bright white lights leading towards an elevator.

On entering the elevator, "I don't think we should stop on the way to talk with Ritchie and the others, I think we should go to Vivian first, is that okay by you?" Delai asked Ryuuki, who responded with a nod. "Very well then, let's go" she said after pressing a button with "28" written on it

"Welcome to our secret base, Michael!" Delai said in a chirpy tone, as the elevator started moving upwards.

"Okay, but don't you think it would have been smarter for the base to be below the ground?" I asked Delai.

"That would have been a bad idea" Ryuuki cut in, surprisingly with a calm voice.

"Why is that?" I replied him.

"Well, if we were below ground, that would have taken a lot of maintenance, like patching leaks and all, we also needed a reliable base, that would be well hidden from the government." Ryuuki replied.

"Okay, that makes sense. But how did you people hide something of 28..." and then I realized it. The tall tree that towered the hut was the building, they had somehow managed to hide the building within it.

"Good, you were smart enough to figure it out" Ryuuki replied.

"Well, let's go see Vivian, I need to sleep" he announced leaving stepping out the elevator leading to the 28th floor.

"Hello Delai!" We suddenly heard behind us in the corridor.

"Why is she here!" I heard Ryuuki mutter to himself.

"I heard that Ryuuki!" the girl said, pointing towards Ryuuki.

"Is that him?" the girl paused, staring at me.

"Yeah, its him" Delai replied.

"I expected him to be a bit taller, or more muscular though" the girl replied.

"I'll like you to stop talking like I'm not here!" I said to the girl.

"So, he's a sensitive one!" she announced with mocking laughter.

"I really hate this girl" I heard Ryuuki muttering under his breath.

"Emma, I think that's enough, please leave!" Delai said to her in a stern tone.

"I'm so sorry ma'am" the girl said in a sarcastic tone walking away. "I'm Emma by the way!" she yelled as she took a right turn, disappearing at the end of the corridor.

"Delai, I think we should do something about Emma's behavior" Ryuuki said with a concerned tone.

"Yeah, I think so too, we've put up with this for too long. I think we should find out what she loves most and take it from her" Delai said with an enthusiastic tone.

"I was just thinking of beating her to frustration at training, but that works too though" Ryuuki said with a smile, extending his hand towards Delai.

"That also sounds like a great idea, we'll do both!" Delai said, shaking Ryuuki's hands.

It was really weird watching the two of them communicate well, after watching them disagree since they met at the hut, over something like hurting someone else. "Who are this people" I muttered.

"Well, we got carried away a bit, let's drop this dude at Vivian's office, so we can go and make our plans" Delai said walking towards the end of the corridor.

"I totally agree, it's been a really long day" Ryuuki replied, earning a nod from Delai.

"It hurts more that we'll need to go through this again... four more times" Delai said with a sigh.

"Exactly" Ryuuki replied.

We suddenly stopped at a circular door, an actual circular door at the end of the corridor. "Is it just me, or is a circular door not weird? It makes the entrance look like a safe or something" I muttered while Delai was knocking.

"I agree with you, we have begged Vivian to change this door severally, but she has refused to change it." Ryuuki said with an exasperated look.

"Delai! Ryuuki! Is that you?" I heard a voice say from the other side of the door.

"Yeah! We are also with the golden goose!" Delai said.

"What is that supposed to -", "We told you, we don't answer the questions around here" Ryuuki cut in.

"Welcome! I'm so glad you're all okay!" I heard a woman yell, overshadowing the loud creaking of the door.

"You must be Michael! I'm Vivian! Welcome to the guardian's creed" she said opening the door, motioning with her hands for the three of us to enter her office.

Vivian looked totally different from what I had previously envisioned. I had imagined her to be an old woman, with lots of grey hair and a bad temper. But she looked very different, she looked probably as old as Delai, only that she seemed nicer and not terrifying.

"You all should take your seats! We have to let Michael know why he is here, don't you think?" she said, pointing towards 3 seats in front of a large screen.

"Michael, thank you for coming here today, all of us are grateful. I hope Ryuuki and Delai didn't give you too much issues during the journey though"

"They actually-" I started, but I was cut off by the death glares coming from Delai and Ryuuki "-treated me very well" I completed. "How do these two stay with this woman?" I thought to myself.

"Very well then!" Vivian said, turning on the screen.

"Michael, have you heard of the word, or should I say the action, called Blink?" Vivian said, introducing a deafening silence into the room.

.

.

.

.

What did you think about this chapter? What are your thoughts concerning Vivian? What do you think "Blink" means?

Keep those comments coming in! 😉.

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star 🌟)

Thanks for reading!❤️

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

566 63 23
The story of 4 best friends surviving the end of the world. They survive through great things that regular teenagers would die doing. Through the ent...
55 1 18
Please feel free to contact me with any discretions in grammar. This was my first book ever written, so I expect there to be flaws and would love inp...
585 105 31
'No matter what happens, we stick together as a team, friends and most importantly, as a family always. Let's save the city and bring back lives aga...
267 47 11
New Years Eve 2018 is one that will go down in history, that is if anyone survives to see 2019. Alice Cunningham is living her dream college life in...