The End of Summer

By _Iristpwk

"I'm still living for you, love." 89 unforgettable summer nights 2 years later Different soul same comfort... More

- Note
- One
- Two
- Three
- Four
- Five
- Six
- Seven
- Eight
- Nine
- Ten
- Eleven
- Tweleve
- Thirteen
- Fourteen
- Fifteen
- Seventeen
- Eighteen
- Nineteen
- Twenty
- Twenty One
- Twenty two
- Twenty Three
- Twenty Four
- Twenty Five
- Twenty Six
- Twenty Seven
- Twenty Eight
- Twenty Nine
- Thirty
- Thirty One
- Thirty Two
- Thirty Three

- Sixteen

182 5 7
By _Iristpwk

Adisyn's Journal

I'm in love.

I'm in love and it's not your typical love story because for In fact it is far from your typical love story.

When you hear the words I'm in love, you usually always think of your typical romance novels but love can be anything.

You can love autumn over spring, you can love vanilla ice cream, you can love the smell of new books, you can love the rain, and you can even love a specific shirt. You can absolutely anything in this world even your stuffed animal.

But, unfortunately they're different. And unfortunately just how you can stop loving my stuffed animal and just how you can stop loving vanilla ice cream, you can never simply stop loving someone.

•••

He hasn't responded to a single letter I have sent him

In shorter words, I hid all of our stuff in my closet. It's for the best, if I want to make progress I can't be attached to him for the rest of my life. I love him I do love him but I also love my friends and myself.

•••

I want cake but Reed has me trapped in my office since his friends are at his!

Screw Reed and his friends!

Update - I got cake

•••

I don't think I am even a tiny bit ready.

I have goosebumps going down my spine and I
still cannot seem comprehend where I'm heading out too.

"You look gorgeous," Jade says leaning on the boarder of the door.

I look behind me to look at her "Thank you," I thank her smiling back and looking at myself back in the mirror. I plat down my dress taking off the tiny wrinkles.

"Don't doubt yourself, especially not tonight. You're gonna do amazing as always, I'm proud of you, Addi." She mouths the last part while her voice breaks a little.

She sucks up her tears and sniffles. "No crying tonight! From anybody! Even if its tears of joy we do not accept crying in this household!"

I smile at her and she gives me a small hug that turns into a hug where you swing side to side. "I'm supposed to do your makeup so let's go do that before we start crying," She says in a voice that is slightly breaking.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not getting married!" She looks so sad like she's a bridesmaid and she's sad I'm going to get married tonight?

"If you ever get married I will be your maid on honor and I have no main idea how to do that so I think I will have to get married first if I ever do so you can represent what a maid on honor does," She says brushing out my hair.

I try to recall my memories from when I was a maid of honor.

I think as she continues to brush out my hair "I mean, make sure everyone is on point, help the bride, compliment the bride, be there for the bride, help the family out, and I was also kinda like the unprofessional photographer?"

"That's a lot of work but for you I will do it,"

"I'm not getting married though, not even in a relationship."

"But soon you will! And you'll be an amazing girlfriend, and then if you decide to get married, you'll be an amazing wife."

"You and Leo seem to be doing great?"

"You know how Halloween is one of my favorite holidays?" She adds a random comment which starts to worry me. Usually whenever I talk about something and that something is going badly she changes the subject and this is a great example.

She gulps and doesn't wait for my response. "I told him that and I believe he's ghosting me as a way to show me how much he loves me," She adds humor to her situation with Leo. My heart feels like it just got shattered. It got shattered into a billion little pieces!

"Oh Jade," She smiles a little "I'm sorry! He's an asshole for that and ima kill him if I see him and—"

She smiles and breathes a laugh "Let's not do something that will make us have to get you a lawyer,"

"I'm sorry, Jay, he's an ass!"

She shrugs "Doesn't matter, I mean it does hurt but nothing that won't go away in a few days! Now tell me, how are things going with you and Reed?"

I look at her through the mirror and she looks at me too as she grabs the straighter. "What do you mean?" I ask confused by her question.

"You never finished telling me about the sleepover?"

Oh.

Yeah...

"He gave me the books I've been wanting to read, I'm borrowing them! I thought it was really nice of him?"

"He's a gentleman apparently," Ezra says bringing in a bag of makeup along with Ivy looking absolutely stunning!

Her hair is all up in a bun and she has small pieces of her bangs sticking out and she puts on her coat as she looks at my dress. "I gotta tell Reed thanks for the dress," Reed bought her a dress. A very beautiful one I must say!

"So he's a gentleman?"

"I said he was acting like a gentleman for some parts of the evening while other parts he was an asshole like always," I told Ezra he was acting like a gentleman throughout times.

Ivy began to laugh so we all looked at her wondering why she was laughing "Adisyn please do not hate me, do not hit me, do not throw anything at me, do not argue with me but... The first thing I thought of was an enemies to—"

"Don't finish that sentence, we do not talk nor mention that while talking about people we hate! It is an unspoken rule and I believe that would apply to Jade and Ben—"

"Hey when did I get involved?" Jade looks confused as she curls my hair marking sure it's curled enough "Don't bring me into your argument,"

"They're not wrong..." Ezra says holding the tub of chocolate ice cream.

"Ezra!"

"Someone's moody today,"

•••

There's this guy with a tuxedo walking in front of us?

He walks in and tells us to wait outside so we do, we wait and we wonder why we have to wait and I'm sure that the way we're dead silent is because both of us are to anxious to say anything!

I see the guy with the tuxedo starts to come back but right behind him is Reed.

His walk is confident and straight. His steps looks so amazing?

He looks so confident as he was towards us with a small smile on his face after greeting people. He greets a guy who seems to be around 50 and tells him to give him a minute.

I get goosebumps as he walks outside looking at me.

His smile twisted into a smirk when he saw Ivy and I standing outside.

He looks tall and firm, his hair is more fixed up then usual.

He's wearing some dress pants and a black button up shirt with a black belt and it has two golden letters in the middle as the buckle. He's no longer wearing his typical coats but instead changed into a complete suit.

He's still wearing his usual bracelets and watch but he looks so much more different? Even the smile he has on his lips is so much more different then usual?

"You look great, Wise." He says with a sincere smile and looks at Ivy "And I must say Evans, the dress looks lovely on you." He admits with a smile looking at Ivy.

Ivy shows not much emotion and greets him with a smile "Thank you, I really do appreciate the dress."

He looks at me one final time and views me up and down. "Told you I was an amazing dress picker," We look at each other for what seems to be like a minute or two? He breaks eye contact and looks inside "We should get going,"

He walks in opening the door for us and creeps up behind my ear "Be respectful but charming, it's very important to know who you are talking to. And our code stays the same except this time no means to shut the fuck up." His last few words were a lot more stricter than the voice he was putting up just a couple of seconds ago.

He walks over to a tall guy. Curly black hair, define jawline, deep dark brown eyes, nice nose shape and a gorgeous smile! He's laughing a little with two more guys drinking champagne "Theo, this is Wise and Evans."

Theo's eyes turn to Ivy and he smiles at her. He turns to me and smiles again "It is such a pleasure to meet you both," He grabs my hand leans in to place a kiss on it. He grabs Ivy's hand and places a kiss as well.

I look up to Reed and he looks amused? Not sure by what but I'm guessing he's amused by the fact that his friend had me over the moon once he placed that delicate kiss on my hand!

"Adisyn Kay Wise,"

"Ivory Evans."

"Theodore Vale, it is such an honor to meet such beautiful ladies like you two." He sure is charming!

"Come on, let's go find somebody."

"Do you have champagne?" Ivy is so direct with Reed it makes him smile. He points to where it is and Ivy whispers in my ear to call if I need anything and I do the same.

"Just you and me, Adisyn." He says my name a lot more relaxed than his past voice while presenting me to Theo? This voice is more delicate and calm.

"Just you and me, Auclair." I say his last name and he quickly stops walking and spins around to me.

He looks confused by the random act of me saying his last name. "Are we back to last name terms? What did I miss?" He looks a little confused. And by a little I mean a lot!

"You called me Wise so I assumed we were,"

He realizes what I realized "I wasn't sure if you were comfortable calling each other first name terms around your friends?"

"Well, I don't think they would mind and I certainly don't mind but of course if you do mind—" I begin to ramble.

He breathes a laugh "I don't mind anymore than you do, and I did mean it — you look stunning." I smile and he just stares at me and I do the same. We keep eye contact looking at each other up and down as if we hadn't seen each other in years?

He gulps before breaking eye contact.

God how I wish I could read his mind.

"As I was saying, there is somebody I'd like for you to meet." He leans out his hand to walk with our arms linked "To at least make it look like we enjoy being around each other,"

I breathe a laugh and link my arm to his. I take a deep breath before we began walking up the stairs, he lets go of my arm when we walk up to a guy.

"Alessandro! È fantastico rivederti!" Reed says in what I believe is Italian? I look at him immediately completely shocked he spoke Italian! He spoke it so fluently?

The guy quickly looks back and he smiles as he makes his way to us leaving his champagne glass to the waitress. "Oh Reed! Pensavo di non rivederti mai più!" The guy says looking up and down at us.

He makes his way to Reed and shakes his hand before bringing it into a hug making Reed fake a light chuckle. "E chi è questa splendida signora che hai stasera?" He says looking at me?

I look over at Reed and he looks back at me "Adisyn Kay Wise," He says my name in a not Italian accent. "È la ragazza che avevo menzionato," He says looking at me one more time before finally breaking eye contact to look at him.

"Oh you're Adisyn," The guy says in English. "I'm Alessandro, it is such an honor to finally meet the lady Reed has hope in, I must say you are the first."

Hope?

Are we sure we're talking about the same Reed here? Or maybe even if the same Adisyn here?

I don't know what to say so I just whisper thank you. He smiles and looks at me up and down "And I must say you look absolutely gorgeous in that dress,"

I smile and continue to look at him and he continues to look at me. I can as well feel Reed's stare at not just him but me?

His stare is like — deadly or something?

I can feel him deep staring me?

I take in a deep breath before finally breaking eye contact "Oh right, Adisyn I must say I have been amazed by your past work. Reed has mentioned to me how excellent you are and I had to come see it for myself," Okay yeah we most definitely have the wrong person here... Me? Reed? No, doesn't sound right.

"Adisyn, I would love to come see your work for the show, you have my word. Reed and I go way back!"

Reed chuckles and smiles and nods and god he looks so pathetic? It all looks like a horrible act! Even Liam's 5th grade act was better than this.

"Alessandro and I used to be childhood friends,"

"Which I'm guessing was in Italy?"

Alessandro smiles and nods "Yes it was, Italy and then our families moved to London for a year before Reed left to the states."

"We broke contact for a couple of years,"

"And now 9 years later we're CEO's of successful companies!" Alessandro finishes the sentence and looks back at Reed. I can tell their friendship is an act, at least for Reed it is.

"Alessandro!" A woman from the back shouts out his name.

"sorry to say I must stop this conversation for now, but I would love to continue a good talk."

I smile "I'd love the same too," He hands me his card before leaving.

"I will see you later Reed," Reed gives him one nod and doesn't look at me.

He starts walking making me walk rapidly to catch up to him. "I'm wearing heels that really hurt to run in so have some consideration for tonight,"

He doesn't do anything and keeps walking.

I follow him around as we get to the bar. "Champagne," He asks and then looks at me waiting for me to answer.

"Champagne too,"

The bartender gives us each a glass of champagne. "Don't flirt too much with him, he's going to believe you want him. His ego is big enough,"

"I wasn't flirting? And he wasn't either?"

He looks at me and scoffs "I know you need glasses but didn't know you needed them badly." He takes a sip looking down at me.

"I was not flirting and that was not my intention?"

"Sure did seem like it. Champagne again," He asks the bartender who refills his glass.

"And why should you care? After all if I get with him that sounds like a me problem."

He looks at me in disbelief. "That man sleeps with every woman who charms the hell out of him? You should care. I at least suggest you get with someone who at least appreciates you and not just your body." He looks at me up and down.

I look at him in disbelief.

"Honestly Auclair, I really didn't have to come. You and I both know that this may be a boost for my career but it sure isn't necessary so I can leave if I'd like," I say spinning the champagne in the glass and taking a final sip. "If you'd excuse me I have too—"

"You're not excused."

"I believe that is not up to you."

"Sure is if I'm your boss."

I have nothing to say in response.

"I won't apologize cause I haven't said anything wrong, I am right about Alessandro he's an asshole. He doesn't want you he just wants somebody to have sex with for tonight,"

•••

I look at him and laugh at his small little jokes.

He looks entertained by my talking but I take a break from talking just to look at his perfect little features. His pink light lips, his perfect green eyes, his perfect smile, his perfect hair, his perfect suit, his perfect jaw, and his perfect smile that may just be a bonus.

I begin to fix my hair and he helps me by tucking some of my hair behind my ear. I lick my lips and thank him and I watch as his eyes go straight to my lips.

I began to play with my hair because for some reason that attracts guys? It's attractive to them— and there it is! He gulps and clenches his jaw.

"Tell me, Adisyn, what brought you into this industry?"

"I think we've talked more than enough about me, tell me more about you, Andrew." He looks more than happy to be talking to me "Oh that is a beautiful watch,"

He looks at his watch "Thank you, you know it's actually inherited. It was my grandfathers."

"Oh well they had incredible taste," It's actually a really nice watch "You know, I've always wanted to learn French." I may be boosting his rich boy ego but it's okay. He's an amazing investor for us, he's actually pretty nice talking to just has a huge ego.

•••
Reed Auclair

She's playing with her hair.

She's laughing at every small little thing he says and blushing god she's flirting with him? She has that little glow in her eyes that she gets when she's happy.

She's playing with her hair knowing exactly what she's doing to Andrew! And he falls straight in the trap by tucking her hair behind her eww god what the fuck is wrong with her?

Andrew has been doing this long enough to be a charmer and he is one! He's great with words and when I mean great I mean he can get a girl on his bed with just words! He's got his good looks. He easily charms girls with his smiles. And he's good at making conversation.

They're literally made for each other, that would be a great way to put it but honestly they aren't... As I said, he can get a girl in his bed by just using words.

He doesn't know how to love.

I can hear her light laugh as she looks at him continuing their talk. She grabs the champagne glasses and makes her way to the bar.

"Not to brag or anything but three guys told me they would love to come to the show and Andrew adores me! He's honestly a great guy and I got his personal number!" She smiles so proudly it makes my blood boil. Reece was right, she falls easily which makes her an idiot.

"Good for you,"

She looks at me and I can tell how confused she is. "You should be proud of me?"

I hum in response.

"Fine, if you wanna play like that!"

"I'm not playing games?"

"Yes you—"

"Adisyn, I am not playing any games now go get heartbroken by Andrew."

•••

I stare at her as she continues to talk to him so giggly and happy? Ew.

"Mr, Auclair, are you listening to me?" The blonde in front of me repeats herself one more time and I nod but my attention is far away from her.

All my attention is at her.

She's hurt enough to have to go through fucking Andrew Giles.

He's far from what he makes himself be and it's killing me to know that all his traps are working so well. I feel such a bad urge to walk up to him and punch him in the face till he regrets making Adisyn swoon for him!

If anything happens to Adisyn because of Andrew fucking Giles, I'll kill him.

"I'm sorry but I need to interrupt." Ro says grabbing my hand as my attention is still at Adisyn.

She leads me to the side away from people.

"Reed," I hum still looking at how much he's making her laugh. "Reed!" She repeats herself. "Oh god do I have to be Adisyn so you can pay attention to me?" I finally look at her.

"Why is she with him—"

"Ask Anastasia, I told her what harm he will do and all she said was how smart Adisyn was and how she doesn't fall for guys like that?"

"You better watch her, she's not going to be another of Andrew's flings! She's too good for him," She thinks about it "She's too good for anyone," Trust me Aurora, I know. Reece was exactly what she needs. . .

•••

"Where's your boyfriend?" She's sitting on the bar by herself grabbing herself a glass of champagne drinking out of it. Her phone in her hand scrolling and texting.

She looks at me confused until she understands. "He left... upstairs. So you were right,"

Fuck yeah I'm right! "I hate the term I told you so, but I told you so." She scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"You never told me you spoke Italian?"

I shrug "Isn't important but yes I do, I speak many languages." She looks at me in wow. "Do you speak anything else?"

"Spanish,"

I nod "That's nice,"

"It's my first language,"

"I didn't know that?" I didn't know that actually. I didn't know that was her first language but I won't lie, it makes sense because she's got a light accent to her words.

"As you said, it isn't important."

I look at her and see how tired she looks. I look at the time on my watch, it's 11.

"How long is this?"

I shrug "Probably on for another hour?"

She looks even more exhausted when she finds out the time. It's been a long day.

It's been tiring on both her side and my side. I feel like laying in bed and sleeping all day long because honestly I can't deal standing in a room filled with the people I hate the most. Everyone here dislikes each other so much. They can try to hide it all they want but we all know how much they hate each other.

"Are you hungry?"

She nods "Yeah but the food here is so elegant and I honestly want something fulfilling."

I look at the time and yawn. "I know a place with some good food nearby," I suggest but she doesn't get the hint. She just nods and spins the light gold liquid sitting on her glass.

I stand beside her waiting for her to get the hint. God she's such an idiot for these things isn't she?

"Adisyn, you're an idiot."

"And you're an asshole." She says so casually after yawning.

I roll my eyes "I'm asking if you want to leave to get food?"

She looks at me like I made her day? "We can leave?"

Yup. She's an idiot.

"I'm not forced to be here and you aren't either."

She gasps "Well you could've started it at that!" She looks so happy to know we can leave! "Let's go!" She grabs me by my coat and starts pulling me down stairs to the exit and doesn't even care to say goodbye to the rest.

"What about your friend?" I say speaking about whatever her name is as she pulls me out of the building.

"She left with a girl," She said and once again, her voice was filled with impatience.

I feel like I keep being closer to her?

A little too close.

"Okay, where's this place?"

"It's a couple of minutes away, we can walk there if you want? Get you some fresh air?" I say the last part referring to how heavy she is breathing.

She reminds me a lot of me? I was just like her. Impatient. Especially at these events where it feels like you're trapped at every moment. It feels like you can't escape? But you can. Well at least I can. I have every right to leave.

I didn't know if she wanted to continue being there considering all night long she has been so close to Andrew. She's been talking to him all night giggling and flirting around with him clearly grabbing his attention!

Adisyn is charming to talk too when she isn't mad. That's just a plain bonus actually? And it is no doubt that she is clearly attractive. In other words — Adisyn can simply charm people in an instant! And to say the least — Adisyn charmed Andrew a little too much.

And I know that if Andrew had came back down she would've continued to talk to Andrew and he would only want her even more. Technically, I saved her. I saved her from a guy like Andrew and yet she was mad at me?

She's too confusing.

That's her number one flaw.

She's too confusing to be with. And I'm sure all her ex's can confirm that.

•••
Adisyn

He walks with his hands in the pockets of his coat and I do the same. We walk silently and the only noise in between us are cars, cars and people walking and laughing.

"What are your plans for tomorrow?" I blurt out trying to break the tension there is in between us.

"Why do you want to be apart of them or something?" He looks at me and I can tell how confused he is by the sudden question.

"That's the last thing I want," I admit and he looks at me waiting for me to continue. "I'm asking so I know where to avoid going,"

He scoffs "Not sure. I have a lot of paperwork to finish so I will probably be in my office all day. You?"

I shrug "It's my day off. Not sure,"

"Any plans this weekend?"

I take a deep breath and yawn before answering. "No? Not that I know of? I mean I'm off on Saturday and I work Sunday and Monday so I'm not quite sure. You?"

"I have a dinner party on Sunday, and Saturday I'm probably going out with a few friends,"

I nod stuffing my hands into the pockets of my coat. "What made you move to New York?"

He looks at me and shrugs. "Honestly I don't know? I don't even think I knew when I came here, I really just wanted a change of scenery and I was becoming CEO and I would rather be here than be in Seattle."

We stay silent for a couple of minutes until I kick a rock making at least somewhat noise in between us?

"I didn't know you spoke Spanish." He brought back out half conversation from earlier.

I nod "Yeah umm it's my first language... I always wanted to learn Italian or French,"

"So why didn't you?"

I'm not telling him why. He doesn't get to know every small detail about my childhood. "Don't know," The lie falling out of my lips and I believe he believed it so well he didn't insist to ask any further questions.

"Say something in Spanish," He looks at me waiting for a response.

I breathe a laugh "Like what?

He shrugs "whatever you want to say?" I think. "Whatever firstly comes to your mind say it in Spanish."

"Te odio, pero hoy es diferente y en realidad estoy disfrutando esta noche. No eres el peor." [I hate you but today is different and in reality I'm enjoying tonight. You're not the worst]

He nods "And that means?"

"I hate you so much I wish I never ever had to work with you again but unfortunately I don't receive what I wish for," I say half the truth. "Now you say something in Italian,"

"Nemmeno tu sei il peggiore, tesoro. Sei bella stasera" [You're not the worst either, darling. You look beautiful tonight] He says slowly smiling.

Before I could say anything else he continues "Capisco perché ti ha amato così tanto, ma non puoi nemmeno sapere niente di tutto questo." [I understand why he loved you so much. But you can't know that] He doesn't smile though. Instead that smile fades as he says those words.

"And that means?"

"I hate you a lot too and I wish I didn't have to work with you but as you said I don't always revive what I want. I also believe you're annoying and you irritate me a lot and I wish you the best but far away from me where I never have to see you again,"

I start to laugh. "That's a lot more tougher than what I said but fair enough," He nods and it looks like he's forcing a smile?

Authors Note

Next chapter starts drama :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 25K 38
"Sunsets, small town, I'm out of time. Will you still love me when I shine from words and not from beauty?" Copyright © 2017 by Rose A. ( @azurenight...
15.4K 490 30
i never thought of telling people my secret, but somehow i did and it wasn't the end of the world because he told me it was okay. he was my first.
12.9K 2K 70
poems for you. poems for the ex best friends and the lost 'forevers'. poems for the memories that burn and fade before burning again. poems for the e...
497 15 9
❝I'll love her till my dying end❞ {Will the lives of two girls-one who loves summer and the other who resents it-change for the better or for the wor...