Blink

Από DeepBlueInk

In a world that literally holds the remnant of humanity, 5 people, have been given the opportunity to save hu... Περισσότερα

Author's note
Chapter 0: Genesis
Chapter 1: The Grim whale.
Chapter 2: The stranger
Chapter 3: The Grimwhale's contest
Chapter 5: The Guardian's creed.
Chapter 6: Blink.
Chapter 7: Aftermaths of the contest.
Chapter 8: An Unexpected Visitor.
Chapter 9: The Lights
Chapter 10: The Guardians.
Chapter 11: Shadow Writer.
Chapter 12: Many paths lead to mountain Green box's summit.
Chapter 13: Project Bravestar I.
Chapter 14: Project Bravestar II.
Chapter 15: Nobody is truly dead.
Chapter 16: Extraction I.
Chapter 17: Extraction II.
Chapter 18: Fire Girl.
Chapter 19: With great power, comes peace of mind.
Chapter 20: Back to school.
Chapter 21: Fake VS original
Chapter 22: Limits exist to be broken.
Chapter 23: "Your free trial has ended".
Chapter 24: The bout.
Chapter 25: The ghosts.
Chapter 26: The Red Fang Gang.
Chapter 27: Goodbye Private room 3.
Chapter 28: Port.
Chapter 29: Discord.
Chapter 30: People change when they are hurt.
Chapter 31: Birds of a feather flock together.
Chapter 32: A rocky start
Chapter 33: Another Encounter
Chapter 34: Echoes and Healing.

Chapter 4: The Grimwhale's contest II

49 15 17
Από DeepBlueInk

First of all, I want to thank you for reading till this point, it really means a lot to me 😊.

I just wanted to clarify something before we continued – the issue of the currency.

In order to relate to the value of the currency in the book, I've set up a conversion.

A dollar (1$) = 100 credits

So therefore, 5000 credits would be: 5000/100 = 50$.

Please, if you have any thoughts concerning the conversions, keep them coming in! 😉.

This chapter may be shorter than the previous chapters, I wrote it just to describe the mood and the thoughts of the people on land, during Iya's fight.

I hope you enjoy reading! 😊.

Groddy's POV.

"I have to do this, because it is standing in my way! It is going to stop me from fulfilling my dreams! Just this once, I'm so close to my dreams and you want me to give up? No! I won't give up! I advise you not to stand in my way, or you'll pay for it!" those words rang in my head as I paced around the spotter's headquarters, "I hope Iya survives this" I thought to myself while staring at the sea.

The spotters were people trained to track monsters, and for all the obvious reasons there were a lot of them in our town. The spotters had arrived at Dumbley about 10 years ago, when the government could no longer ignore the reports of the monster. Their initial intention at their arrival was to kill the Grimwhale. They came with large weapons and such, to kill the monster, but all their attempts failed, it was at that point they used what we all thought they were too crazy to use – a plasma pulsar. After celebrating their victory, the Grimwhale resurfaced, putting their efforts to shame. Some weeks later, they left the town, but they left their equipment and building to Dumbley, with the residents of the town they had trained. Few months later, the town started the Grimwhale contest, and the winner of the contest was promised 500 million credits from the spotters.

"Don't worry about your girlfriend, she's tough! I'm sure she'll be fine" I suddenly heard a voice say behind me, a voice I knew too well.

"How many times do I have to tell you! She isn't my girlfriend! We're just friends!" I shot back.

"That's what they all say" she said with a mocking tone.

"Delai, what are you really doing here though? Shouldn't you be watching the sea or something" I said.

"Of course! I knew that staring at the boring sea would be more important than talking to you" she said with a disappointing look. "However, I am here to just keep you company. The other spotters told Milo and I, that you were pacing aimlessly, between the beach and HQ. So, Milo asked me to keep you company, if it was going to help you stay calm".

"You didn't have to, I'm fine" I said staring at the cliff Iya jumped from.

"Well, but I did" Delai said

"So how is everything at the sea going?" I said, sighing.

"Finally, you asked! Iya seems to be doing fine, the sea seems calm and there are no significant temperature changes from the sea too. So let's just relax and hope for the best" she replied, her tone more serious than the cheery one she always carried around.

"Thank you, Delai" I replied.

"Whatever" she said in a dismissive tone.

After watching the sea with me for half an hour, the silence between us was suddenly interrupted by Delai's annoying ringtone, "sorry, I have to take this" she said as she walked away to answer the call. Few moments later she returned, "Sorry, but I have to leave for a bit, take care!" she said with her usual cheery tone. "Alright!" I replied her, and before I could say another word, she was gone.

"Crap, what's Iya still doing in there, this has to be the longest time anyone has taken" I thought to myself while walking towards the beach.

"What's up Groddy!" I heard someone yell behind me.

"Hey Jonah" I replied weakly.

"Don't be like that bro, I'm sure everything would be fine! Iya's tough!" Jonah replied me

"I know she's tough and all, but I'm still worried, that monster is dangerous" I replied

"Don't worry bro. By the way, have you seen her boyfriend?" Jonah replied

"Michael isn't her boyfriend! He hasn't been at the town for a long time now too" I shot back.

Jonah opened his mouth to reply me, but he was suddenly interrupted by a spotter that screamed "The Grimwhale was just spotted next to the cliff!"

Without thinking I sprinted towards the spotter HQ, busting through the front doors. On entering the building, I was met with Milo, "Groddy, you have to calm down, we're still assessing the situation" he said.

"What's the situation?" I asked him, regretting the desperation in my voice.

"The Grimwhale is trashing the cliff and, we really don't know why it's doing that" he replied.

"It means she found the air pocket!" I yelled, but my excitement was soon replaced with fear when I realized why did she go to the air pocket? "Did the Oxygen tank crack?" I thought to myself. "Milo! I suspect that her oxygen tank has cracked! Let me dive in to help her!" I yelled, walking towards him.

"I understand your concern, but that is something I cannot allow. Sorry Groddy" He replied walking away from me, towards the control center.

"You can't really stop me from going there! I'll just go there anyways!" I shouted behind him.

"I know I can't stop you from going on your own, but think to yourself... would Iya want you to do that? What if she survives and discovers you are dead?" he said with a stern tone. "As an extra precaution, I'll deploy some spotters at the cliff. Do the right thing, do what Iya would have told you to do! Stay calm, and hope for the best for her." He said narrowing his eyes at me.

"Okay, I get it" I said

"Good" he said before he walked into the control center.

"Like hell I would stand down" I said to myself, as I walked towards my truck where I had kept my extra diving gear, I had previously brought for Iya.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Mr. Simpson yell from the beach "Oh no!" and soon I understood why he shouted, the water was turning blue.

Not only was the water turning blue, but the temperature was also increasing, "this has to be the Grimwhale's great power" I muttered to myself. And before I knew what I was doing, I was running towards the cliff, I had to save her, even if it was the last thing I did.

"Stay strong Iya! I'm on my way" I yelled as I got closer to the cliff. My shout seemed to have let the spotters spot me and, they all ran towards me to restrain me. "I didn't think Milo would actually do this" I muttered as I ran towards the cliffs edge, but, before I could jump, I felt a tight grip behind my shirt, and before I could react, I was flung towards the spotters, it was Milo.

"I actually thought you were smarter than this! You wanted to jump into the water, without a suit, or an Oxygen tank! A...are you crazy?" He said.

"Sh...she needs help! Let me help her!" I shouted, trying to sprint towards the cliffs edge again, but, before I could move, the crashing weight of the spotters restrained me.

"LET ME GO!" I shouted, trying to escape from their grasp, but it was no use.

"Groddy you need to..." Milo started before he was interrupted by something, and in a moment, I understood what that was.

The Grimwhale had jumped out of the water with Iya crouching on its head, and when it began opening its jaws, displaying its rows of teeth, Iya jumped up, and shot the Grimwhale with her blaster, the blast blowing the Grimwhale to bits, but unfortunately, the force slammed her against the wall of the cliff, before she dropped into the water with a sickening splash

At that point, the grip around me had softened, I quickly ran off to the edge of the cliff and I jumped off, after her.

.

.

.

.

What did you think about this chapter? What are your thoughts concerning Groddy? What do you think about the mysterious Delai?

Keep those comments coming in! 😉.

Also, if you loved this chapter, consider voting for it (by clicking on that little star 🌟)

Thanks for reading!❤️

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

2.9K 371 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...
1.1K 108 39
There's not a lot that can freak me out in this world. Only large animals with sharp claws, too many people touching me, bullies, hives, horror mov...
376 31 21
What if everything that was perfect in your life started to crumble...("Its your grandma...Her health is getting worst") What if you were told that o...
•Shadows Into The Light• Από Jazzy K.

Επιστημονικής φαντασίας

227 2 3
•Zombie Sci-Fi, Erotica, And Romance• The world is nearly gone and ripped to shreds all thanks to the government. What the hell did they do? I really...