Princess of the dawn

By Anjali9090

Teri meri, meri teri prem kahani hai mushkil. Do lafzon mein yeh bayaan na ho paye... A story of love, hatre... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The journey
Chapter 2 - Delhi
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Note
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Authors note
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Authors note
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Authors note
Chapter 68
Authors note
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Author's note
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Author's note
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76

Chapter 49

413 35 19
By Anjali9090

Jodha ran into her room with Moti!

"Moti, you can go!"

"But what happened? You are completely dissolved! Has he been pestering you?" she asked worried?

"No, he ... I ...! Please leave me alone!"

"Are you sure?"

Jodha just nodded!

"What happened" Moti thought worried and reluctantly left the room.

Jodha sat on the bed and reached for the rose in her hair. Deeply she sucked in the sweet fragrance. She looked dreamily at the rose in her hand and gently caressed the petals. Again she felt Jalal's lips on the back of her hand and the burning mark they had left behind. She blushed heavily. A tingling sensation crept down her spine and her heart pounded wildly. What had happened in the garden? Was it the magic of the rings? But it couldn't be! It was impossible! Gently she put the rose in a mug of water. What were those feelings that seemed to be deep inside her? She couldn't place it! She sighed loudly and went to sleep. As soon as she closed her eyes she saw Jalal and felt his lips on her hand again! At some point she fell into a restless sleep.

_____________________________________________________________

In the garden, Jalal was pondering his thoughts. She was gone! Cold spreads inside him. The warmth he had just felt was gone. When his lips touched Jodha's soft skin, something touched his heart! Huh, his heart? What a thought that was! He shook his head. "Hamaare paas dil nahin hai!" he muttered. He was only attracted to her! No more and no less! She was a beauty, just another toy he wanted in his harem! A political alliance. He felt a deep pain in his chest, and surprised, he touched there. His heart throbbed painfully against the wall, the prison he had built around it. He couldn't figure out the odd feeling.

_____________________________________________________________

In the faint light of a candle, a shadow hung grimly at his thoughts. Action was necessary!

"Huzoor! Why are you sitting in the dark?" More candles were lit.

"Shut up! Do not bother me! I am thinking!"

"Think about what?"

"Think about what's going on in this fort."

"Aren't you always informed about everything?"

"It doesn't seem like it! But you will help me find out! Listen ...!"

_____________________________________________________________

"Shubh prabhaat Jodha! Did you sleep well? Moti asked cheerfully.

"Ahh, is it morning already?" Sleepily she opened her eyes.

"You slept late today, I'm not used to that from you!"

"I could not fall asleep for a long time."

"Is it maybe the meeting with the emperor to blame?" Moti teased her.

"Oh what you always think!" said Jodha angrily. "Help me get dressed!"

Moti rummaged about the clothes chest and saw the dagger lying on the stool next to it.
"What kind of dagger is that?" Moti asked curiously.

The dagger! "Registaan ka gulaab" whispered Jodha and blushed!

"What did you say?"

"Nn ... nothing!"

"Jodha! What was in the garden yesterday?" Moti couldn't control her curiosity anymore. The dagger must have had something to do with it!

"Uh ... the dagger! He gifted it to me!"

"Another valuable gift? You must really have made an impression on him!" she giggled.
"The dagger is worked beautifully!"

"Mhh!"

"Now tell me!"

She told Moti of the attraction he exerted on her, of the unknown feelings she felt inside her in his presence, that he had the dagger made especially for her and had called her registaan ka gulab. Her cheeks burned with embarrassment. Moti just smiled faintly and kept her thoughts to herself.

"And then ... then ...!"

"What and then?" She asked breathlessly.

"Then, then he kissed my hand!" Jodha turned dark red and bowed her head uncomfortably. Moti's smile deepened but suddenly she became serious! There were clearly feelings floating in the room here! Hey Kanha!

"You don't say anything!"

"When I say what I think, won't you ram the dagger in my back either?" Moti asked uncomfortably.

"Moti!"

"Jodha, do you feel anything for the emperor?" she asked softly.

"Uh ......! Of course not!" she said quickly. "He is a ... friend!"

"So ... a friend ... well! The day after tomorrow is the wedding! After that we will certainly leave soon. In Amer, your daily chores will soon bring you to other thoughts."
"At least I hope so!" she thought worriedly.

"You are right! Will you bring me some fruit, please?"

"Pakka!"

Moti opened the door and ran into a servant who was busy outside Jodha's room. Torches fell from her arm to the floor.

"Can't you pay attention?" she snapped at Moti.

"I can ask you the same thing! What are you doing in front of the Rajkumari's room?" Moti asked suspiciously.

"I'll do my work and swap the torches." She sullenly pointed to the torches on the floor and the holders on the wall.

"Oh wait, I'll help you pick it up."

The servant put a new torch in the holder and went on with her work.

_____________________________________________________________

Fadhil was on the way to Atgah Khan on behalf of Jalal. "Ah today is my lucky day" he thought happily.

"Moti Bai!"

Moti looked around confused when a voice called her name.

"Moti Bai!"

A memory stirred in the back of her mind. She quickly pulled her dupatta over her face. The handsome fellow who brought the emperor's message to Amer! A smile crossed her face and unnoticed she let her eyes wander admiringly over Fadhil.

"What do you want?" she asked perchly.

"Umm ... I'm glad that we meet again in Agra!" he said lame.

"Good for you! You are stealing my precious time. The Rajkumari is waiting for me! Phir milenge!" She turned her back on him and left him puzzled.

Fadhil looked after her in consternation. She had rejected him! He cursed himself, because he couldn't say anything better. Dejected, he continued on his way to Atgah Khan.

_____________________________________________________________

The harem was buzzing with anticipation for the mehndi ceremony! Little by little the ladies gathered in a large room in the fort. Precious carpets were spread out on the floor. There were stools and soft cushions everywhere, inviting you to sit down. Sheets of fine fabric were stretched between the pillars which gently waved back and forth. A large throne-like chair with cushions had been provided for Bakshi. There she sat surrounded by girls and women who chatted excitedly and giggled. Vessels of henna paste were ready and the ladies watched as fine floral, peacock and mango patterns were painted on Bakshi's hands and feet.

"The 'S', you still have to hide the 'S'!" Ruqaya shouted eagerly to the maid. Bakshi giggled.

"Hide it well that he has to look for a long time!" Everyone laughed!

"You all have to get your hands painted too!" shouted Bakshi excitedly. "Jodha, you too! Maid, paint her hands!" Jodha laughed and held out her hands.

"Huzoor, what is your husband's name? Then I'll hide the first letter of his name!" said the maid mischievously.

"I'm not married! But you can draw the first letter of my name on it. A 'J'!"

"Jo hukum huzoor!" She exclaimed cheerfully and continued to paint Jodha's hands.

"'J' for Jalal!"  it echoed in Jodha's head. "Huh ...! Nooo! That voice again." Jodha shook her head to banish the voice from her head. "Fate has decided!" Jodha closed her eyes and saw Jalal kissing her hand. Her heart began to pound wildly.

"Moti, will you bring me a mug of water?" she asked uncomfortably.

"You look pale. Is everything ok?"

"Yes, everything is fine. I feel warm, I'm thirsty!"

The orchestra in the background played soft music to entertain the ladies. The elder ones sang happily to the melodies and clapped their hands. It was a happy, exuberant mood. Even Ruqaya laughed and joked with the other girls. Slowly the paste dried and a couple of girls started dancing to the music. Others beat the daf to the beat. Delicious food and sweets were served and cool Sharbat was given. Hamida's gaze rested on Bakshi's happy face. She was glad that she had found her way out of grief and was able to laugh again. "May Allah bless their union!" she thought.

"Rani Padmavati! Any more Sharbat?" Maham Anga beckoned a maid with a carafe.

"Gladly!"

"How nice it is to watch the youth dance, isn't it? Your daughters look adorable!" said Maham Anga sweetly.

"Dhanyavaad Maham Anga! Yes it is a pleasure. They are both so well-mannered. We will surely find a good husband for them!" Padmati was flattered.

"Sure Rani Sa. What about Rajkumari Jodha? Is there no husband in sight?"

"No! You must know that the Kunwar from Bikaner did not want to marry her!" she said maliciously. She couldn't keep her tongue in check and didn't miss the opportunity to poke at Jodha.

"Oh, how could he refuse the wedding? Such a pretty girl like Jodha! How dreadful for the Raja and your family!"

"How to take it!" she said uppishly.

"What do you think?"

"Well, the Raja agreed to the proposal and Jodha ran away afterwards. She didn't want to marry the Kunwar."

"Ahh! Interesting! A stubborn girl!" thought Maham Anga. "How dreadful for Amer!" she feigned sympathy.

"She doesn't deserve it any other way!"

"How can you say that!" "This Rajputqueen is an interesting conversation partner!" thought Maham Anga sardonically.

"She is impossible, doesn't behave, does what she wants! And the Raja lets her get away with everything." hissed Padmavati.

"Surely she was punished appropriately for running away!"

"Och! She wasn't allowed to leave her room for a while. That was all!"

"Well, then, seems she is to be the Raja's favorite?"

"Oh yeah! And my daughters are always disadvantaged!" wailed the Rani.

"Certainly the Raja makes no distinction between his daughters and suitable husbands will be found for all of them. Your daughters are very appealing! You worry too much! Rani Sa, can I ask you a favor? But that's asking too much ... "

"But please Maham Anga!" said Padmavati eagerly. "What can I do for you?"

"Bakshi, tell Jodha to dance! She is just wonderful!" Sukanya exclaimed.

"Do you and your sister dance too?"

"Yes and Moti too! Tell her to dance!"

"Jodha! Jodha! Please dance! Your sisters are also participating!"

"Please Jiji!" Sukanya called and quickly got up and motioned for Shivani to get up as well.

"Mehndi ni mehndi, mehndi ni mehndi ..." came the melody.

Jodha jumped up and pulled Moti with her.

"Come on Moti, let's dance!" she shouted with shining eyes. She began to move lightly to the beat of the music. Her lehenga billowed around her slim body as she turned quickly and snuggled up against her shortly afterwards. She was completely absorbed in her dance. Moti and her sisters danced with her.

"Rani Sa, what a graceful girl your daughter is! You can be really proud of her" praised Hamida Banu.

"Dhanyavaad, Mariam Makani! Yes, she is a good girl." Champavati looked proudly at her daughter.

Bakshi was delighted about Jodha's dancing skills! Ruqaya moved up to her.

"Bakshi, what is the henna doing? Is it dry?"

Bakshi carefully rubbed the paste in one place.

"Ji! It is dry!"

"Quickly, let's see how it turned out!" Ruqaya shouted eagerly. The paste was carefully removed. Bakshi looked disappointed at the light red!

"Ruqaya! Look! It only got light! Do you think that means something?"

"Do not worry! Everyone can see how enamored Sharif looks at you! Enjoy the ceremony! Subhanallah, you have to give the Rajput princess one thing! She can dance brilliantly!" Ruqaya admitted unwillingly.

"You're right! It is a pleasure to watch her!"

Jodha was completely lost in her dance. She didn't realize she was being watched! Jalal stood half behind a pillar, hidden by the light curtains. He only had eyes for Jodha. He stood there, fascinated, absorbed in the sight of her, a abstracted smile on his face. She wore green! His favorite color! It looked great on her! He admired her graceful movements. Her braid flew around her head with every turn. Her face expressed pure joy. An incredible energy emanated from her. Her braid had come loose and her black hair now floated long down her back. He couldn't take his eyes off her. But a movement opposite woke him from his rapture! Was someone hid there? Someone was standing behind the flowing fabric! Slowly and unobtrusively he circled the hall! A man hid behind a pillar and watched the dancing girls! Who dared to broke in here? Anger crept up inside him. His one hand clenched into a fist and the other drew his dagger! He hurried forward, clasped a hand over the intruder's mouth, and held his dagger to his throat.

"Not a word, otherwise I'll cut your throat!" He slowly pulled the man with him. In the corridor he turned him around! "What are you doing here?" His eyes widened in surprise. "Fadhil! You?"

"Gustakhi maaf Jahanpanah! Please, I..." Fadhil squirmed under his master's gaze.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, dangerously quiet.

"I... I..."

"What?"

"I heard that the women are coming together today for the Mehndi ceremony. Please forgive me, Jahanpanah!" he said pleadingly. "I, I ... I wanted to see Moti Bai!" He stood with his head bowed.

"Ah! Moti Bai!" Jalal had to smile. "What am I doing to you now?" he asked sharply.

"Please spare my life, Jahanpanah! I have always served you faithfully so far! Please huzoor, I ... I just wanted to see Moti Bai."

"Fadhil, Fadhil...! What should I do with you now? Whipping? Dazzle? Poke out the eyes? Alltogether? Can you think of anything else?"

"Forgive me, Jahanpanah! Forgive me!" Fadhil sank to his knees.

"Stand up!"

"Ji huzoor!" Fadhil got to his feet. He didn't dare look up.

"Fadhil, it's good!" said Jalal, grinning.

Fadhil looked at him in disbelief.

"You ... you don't punish me?"

"You're lucky! I'm in a good mood and you are a good man! So Moti Bai?"

"Ji, huzoor! I just wanted to see her once. She doesn't want to talk to me." he said, embarassed, relieved but dejected.

"You don't have much time left! They'll be leaving soon. Come up with something! Maybe a little present? Go now before I change my mind!"

"Shukriaa Jahanpanah, shukriaa!" He hurried away.

Jalal went back to the hall. Unfortunately, Jodha didn't dance any more! "Ah Fadhil!" he cursed him! Maybe he should have punished him after all ...

_____________________________________________________________

After the Mehndi ceremony, Jodha strolled into her room with Moti. The henna had dried and had left deep, dark red patterns.

"How nice the maid painted your hands! She cleverly fitted the 'J' into the patterns. And what a dark red! Are you sure the 'J' stands for Jodha? "Moti smirked.

"Moti!"

"I just mean ..."

"Stop it!" Jodha opened her clothes chest. "Did you put the dagger somewhere else?"

"The dagger? No. It was right at the top of your clothes chest. Did you maybe put it away yourself?"

"No! It was in the chest! Moti, it's gone!" She turned pale.

"That can not be! Let me take a look! "Moti rummaged excitedly in Jodha's chest. The dagger was gone! „Is there anything else missing? Your jewelry?"

"Mhh everything there! But I have the impression that a few things are different in the room, than when we left it for Bakshi's mehndi!"

"Are you sure? Strange! Who knew about the dagger?"

"Certainly! Only you knew about the dagger! Hmm, you were waiting for me at the entrance to the garden. Did you notice someone in the garden?"

"No, there was nobody!"

"Then nobody but you could know about it! I only told it to you!"

"Do you think someone overheard us? But why?"

"I dont know! It was such a beautiful piece! It meant a lot to me!" she said softly and blushed.

Moti had noticed the remark. "Jodha, don't tell anyone about it!"

"And if Jalal finds out?" she asked dejectedly.

"He won't know. Probably one of the servants heard it when we spoke and seized the opportunity when we were with Bakshi Banu."

"But that would mean that someone was specifically looking for the dagger! But why? My jewelry is worth much more! That does not make sense. Mhh but you are probably right! I can't tell anyone about it, otherwise everyone will find out that I ...! No, that doesn't work!" Disappointed and sad she looked at Moti.

_____________________________________________________________

"Sharif, Adham! What are the wedding preparations doing?"

"Everything's fine, Jalal." Adham smirked. "Sharif can hardly wait!" Sharif grinned crookedly.

The ministers and nobles stood together in small groups after their meeting at Diwan-I-Khas and discussed the topics discussed in the meeting. Raja Bharmal and Bhagwant Das talked to Chugtai Khan, whom Raja Bharmal knew from the surrender of Narnaul.

"Find yourself with the elephants tomorrow before the wedding ceremony. The mahouts prepare an elephant for the baraat for you who will bring you to the fort! I will then meet you there." Jalal told Sharif ud-Din.

"Shukriaa, Jalal. I appreciate that!"

"That's allright! Make Bakshi happy! I don't want to see her unhappy anymore!" he said with a threatening undertone.

"Sure Jalal! I will guard her like the apple of my eye!"

"Bahout khub! Let's see the construction work on the wall later. I want to see how the work progresses!"

"It is progressing. Adham and I were there earlier and got an overview!"

"We'll meet here later!" He went on in order to speak to Atgah Khan.

An hour later they approached the construction site on the wall. Loud shouts and hammering could be heard. Workers pulled large blocks of stone up on several winches and fitted them into the wall. The damaged areas were almost repaired. Only a small piece of the wall still had to be repaired. Sharif and Adham accompanied Jalal to the spot that was being repaired. The workers had seen the emperor from afar and were working hard. The next stone was brought to the winch and attached to the ropes in order to be pulled up.

"Good job Azad Khan! The work will be finished soon!" said Jalal to the overseer.

"Ji huzoor! We'll be ready this week."

Azad Khan's eyes suddenly widened in horror! "Jahanpanah!" he yelled.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

982K 69.2K 57
The Mughal Princess fell in love with Rajput Prince. A beautiful love blossomed and soon the wedding preparations begun. But when the mighty Rajpu...
263K 12.1K 45
||PART 1- REGAL DUOLOGY|| Aradhya, the firstborn of the king of Shiladhika...her life wasn't very pretty. Dispised for being a concubine's daughter...
797 116 13
𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐀𝐁 : 𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐝, 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭, 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦. 𝐚𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐣𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐫𝐚, the rajputana princess...
302K 16.4K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...