The Bodyguard

By FetchingAilurophile

The marriage of Anthony Delmont and Catherine Heart is one of the most important celebrations of the year, an... More

After the Wedding
The Name is Emilia
Rules
First Name Basis
Issuing Challenges
Questions and Not Quite Answers
Breaking Rules
Clubs and Chauffeurs
Red Room Rage
Car Troubles
Consequences
Courage
Closer
Cards and Hearts
Family Dinner
Research
Midnight Snack
Doubtful Breakfast
The Beach
Books and Waves
The Docks
Dangerous
Agreements
Terms
Answers
FairyTales
Heart in his Hands
A Date
Unwelcome Guests
Confrontation
Open Fire
New BOOK!!!!!
Conversations
The Little Things
Family Events
Introductions
Dances and Desserts
Caught Unarmed
Drastic Solutions

Private Conversations

122 5 0
By FetchingAilurophile

(Sorry guys!!! I'm back though!)

Emilia was talking the hallway to hell, the empty, whispering hallway toward the devil himself. Of course, that was only her personal opinion. But she was quite certain that nearly every other person in that ballroom could feel the tension of taught tempers and anxiety between them as she steps up to his menacing form, caged by penetrating stares around them.

"There you are Emilia, I was really hoping to talk to you before you got too lost in the crowd." He says, nonchalantly, almost friendly in a way. Probably the friendliest he had ever been with her, she thought ruefully, unsure how to answer.

"Let's head to a little more private of an area, shall we?" He raises an eyebrow as if daring her to say otherwise, tempting her into refusing and running for the exit a million paces behind her.

"Sure." She manages past the cotton ball that had been steadily growing in her throat, choking on it slightly as his hand comes in contact with her lower back in a subtle gesture to move along.

She couldn't help the small flinch she had as his cold hand came in contact with her bare skin, the cold-blooded reptile showing through his human form. Jumping forward like she was afraid he would stab her in the back, right then and there, in a room packed with people. Then again, maybe he would, who cared about witnesses in a room full of criminals.

She spied out of the corner of her eye his other hand as it clenched briefly before falling back to his side, like her flinch was an offence worthy of reaction. It had her heart leaping with new fear in her chest, she swore if this night didn't end soon her heart just might beat out of her chest in panic. 

"Allow me to lead the way then, Emilia." The curling snarl that was her name could not make his temper more obvious than when he stormed past her, brushing her shoulder with the aura of rage that constantly seemed to surround the man. Leading with strides so long that she may have to run to keep up.

But then, Emilia had always been a stubborn little shit, even before this man appeared in her life. That wasn't about to change with the added fear of a sudden violent death in front of witnesses. 

What did get her moving was a different hand in the small of her back, one warm and significantly more gentle. One that had her melting with the goosebumps raised on her exposed skin. It gently wrapped around to the other side of her waist, a steadying hold that had her stumbling into an awkward walk finally.

Emilia's stubbornness didn't melt or crumble under the man's firm hand, but perhaps it bent just a little to the logic and reality of a dangerous situation. With one hand on her heels, the other lifting just the edge of her skirt in as delicate a manner as she can muster and not visibly tremble. Following Mr. Delmont into a silent hallway off the room decorated with suits of armor and lavish paintings of vineyards and romantic countryside villas.

She slows down a little, admiring the beautiful medieval style of this hall alone. She supposed were it not so dark and foreboding she may have actually enjoyed its beauty, just like the rest it felt like something out of a fairytale. Perhaps a dark and gloomy fairytale with a terrible ending, but maybe she'd learn a lesson along the way. 

Without even meaning to with every step she leaned into the warm arm and shoulder that rested just behind her head giving support. Her body fitting just perfectly into that curve of his side, his thumb slipping between her skin and dress to trace a reassuring figure on exposed skin.

And to think, Emilia mused, she had sensed a looming doom over all of this. She steps into the open room behind Mr. Delmont. Eyes wandering around the comfortably outfitted sitting area with a single wall filled only half with books, the rest full of antiques. It resembled something from a movie really, one of those gentlemen smoke lounges where some big shot controls the room with overly expensive liquor and cigars worth more than you could imagine.

"Are you enjoying yourself Emilia?"

As casual as he tried to make them, she truly struggles not to roll her eyes with annoyance. It was just so fake that it hurt her to even respond.

"Of course Mr. Delmont, how could I not at such a lavish event." She murmurs, walking to the book shelf merely to avoid looking at him and feigning interest in the antiquities.

"Excellent, excellent. I saw that you were spending some time with our guest of honor as well. What did you make of the young man?"

Pausing in her examination of some stone carving of a lion she tries to think what Mr. Delmont's objective may be in asking this. Did he suspect something about Lukas?

"I thought he was a lovely dancer, very polite." Emilia responded, swallowing a suddenly leaping pulse of nerves.

"Yes, polite is always a good mark of a man. " He was skating around a very important point she just couldn't quite find the last piece of the puzzle, the one that put it all together. " He is of age now you know, and as the second son of a very wealthy family he is well sought after as well. He may not be the heir but he certainly has connections. Our families have been friends for quite some time and as the closest thing to a daughter of my own perhaps we could arrange a more informal setting for the two of you to get to know each other further."

It was delicate, but not subtle. The lion rocked as she let go of it, the pin dropping in the dead silence. 

She can't help the disbelief in her voice as she turned to face him. "Are you seriously trying to set me up with him?" 

"If you are to put it that crassly, yes." Unlike her voice his is dead monotone, no room for argument. 

"And what if I say no? More threats and manipulation?" She accuses, leaning back on the bookshelf as she locks eyes with the man turning her life to misery. Lukas may have answers to her questions but he was undoubtedly a snake. Just waiting for the right moment to strike her down, to squeeze every ounce of usefulness from her before devouring her whole. 

"I think you know damn well that my threats are not empty ones girl, you would do well to head them." Mr. Delmont was cold in his calculations and willing to do anything to achieve power. He had a gun to everyone's head, the only question was when he would pull the trigger.

"And what threat are you sending me this time?" Emilia was tempting him to squeeze, she knew it, but damn did her stubbornness just get away from her sometimes.

The fire in his eyes did little to deter her cold fury that he thought he could control every move she made for his own gain. And that last puzzle piece fell into place as he responded.

"I think that you will do as I ask Ms. Emilia, because in the eyes of the public you are nothing but the rebel daughter. And if your mother were to find out about the attack you caused, I am certain she would support my decision to pull you from university and protect you in the house permanently. Maybe even if I tell her that my lovely business associate has a son that would be invested in taking care of you so you never had to go back, well, I'm sure she would be thrilled." His smile held no warmth, just a cold pleasure in getting what he wants. "But before I inform her of your adventures I thought I would give you to the opportunity to do the right thing, for everyone involved."

Emilia always had a fear of suffocation, of that cold slow way of dying as you tried so hard to suck air into lungs that ached. That no matter how hard you struggled you were merely stuck, watching yourself die. No quick death, but something that could take minutes and you knew what was coming with only fear to keep you company before darkness finally came. But this wouldn't take minutes, this type of suffocation would last decades as she was swallowed in the darkness behind locked doors. 

He was giving her the illusion that she wasn't dying, those slow gulps of air every now and then to stay alive. But anyone that suffocated would tell you that those shallow breaths felt like heaven, a light in the darkness.

A date, one date, to find out what he knew. Because if he could lift the pressure even a little and give her the hope of escape while obeying the hand of her demise. Who was she to say no, no matter how she despised the idea. "Fine."

"I am so glad you see my side of things Emilia. I will make a Delmont of you yet." His smirk was unbearable, a satisfaction that made her insides snarl like a caged wolf. "Mr. Knyte, escort her home, and make sure she stays there." 

The hand on her back is not uncomfortable despite its stiffness as he pushes her from the room, walking faster than she is comfortable with and almost making her trip on her dress to keep in step. 

"What are you doing!?" Emilia whisper yells at him, trying to slow down so she can see his face properly and figure out what is wrong. 

"Obeying orders." 

Emilia can't help but shiver, his voice held so much contempt and vile anger that she didn't know how to respond but continue walking in their dead silence. Stumbling every now and then on her dress. Without the shoes it was far too long and holding it with a slightly shaking hand didn't keep away her clumsiness. 

"This way." The only words that came from his mouth before they were outside, the cool air forcing breath into her lungs as she stumbled over a step. Hands on her waist kept her from falling down the sweeping side stairs that led to a path and presumably where the cars where parked. 

"Thanks." She murmured, leaning back against his chest to catch her breath in shallow gulps. 

His hands dug into her waist, as his nose came to rest in the corner of her neck, breathing slowly and evenly as if only the smell of her helped to calm him. He readjusted, letting go with one arm to wrap it more tightly around her so he may hug her from behind. His face now buried in her hair as she melted into his body.

"You can't do it Emilia." He murmured, lips brushing against the back of her neck as she shuddered with the pleasure of it.

"I can't do what?" She was barely even paying attention as one hand began to rub small circles into her hip.

"You can't go out with that snake." She stiffened, he had been there, he had heard the threats, how dare he tell her not to.

"You know damned well why I have to." Emilia growled, standing up straight and trying to pull away from him. "What the hell do you care anyway, you're only here because Mr. Delmont pays you to be." She snaps at him.

He growled low in his throat and let go of her. "And you know just as well, that if I had my way the only person I'd be on my knees for is you."

Her cheeks turn red as she steps away from him, on his knees for her? Was he suggesting what she thought he was? God if only. She thought, squeezing her thighs as he passed her and led the way down the steps once more.

Bringing her her face to cool her cheeks just a little before following in his wake. She couldn't wait to finally be in bed and for this terrible night to be over with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35K 1.3K 53
β™‘ 𝐦.𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐱 𝐟.𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 β™‘ β•­β”ˆβ—¦β€’β—¦β₯β€’β—¦ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ , a twisted casanova falls for an indifferent girl, faced by an unrequited love fr...
10.3K 269 46
How parents bring up their kids effect their outlook on the world and their actions towards it later in the future. Emilia and Luca are the perfect e...
25.2K 850 39
William is a wealthy and powerful business tycoon married to an educated, simple, and middle-class girl named Amelia. After marriage, Amelia graduall...
2.8K 79 7
Yandere!Husband!Mafia x F Reader You're living a perfect life. But sometimes, it's only perfect on the outside. You're asking yourself some questions...