Friendship with the Potions M...

By Yan_Senna

Y/N Y/L/N is a shy, quiet, smart and hard-working girl who is sorted into Slytherin. Her father, Y/F/N Y/L/N... More

Introduction
Year 1 Part 1 (chapter 1)
Year 1 Part 2 (chapter 2)
Year 1 Part 3 (chapter 3)
Year 1 Part 4 (chapter 4)
Year 1 Part 5 (chapter 5)
Year 2 Part 1 (chapter 7)
Year 2 Part 2 (chapter 8)
Year 2 Part 3 (chapter 9)
End of Year 2 (chapter 10)
Year 3 Part 1 (chapter 11)
Year 3 Part 2 (chapter 12)
Year 3 Part 3 (chapter 13)
Year 3 Part 4 (chapter 14)
Year 3 Part 5 (chapter 15)
End of Year 3 (chapter 16)
Year 4 Part 1 (chapter 17)
Year 4 Part 2 (chapter 18)
Year 4 Part 3 (chapter 19)
Year 4 Part 4 (chapter 20)
Year 4 Part 5 (chapter 21)
End of Year 4 (chapter 22)
Year 5 Part 1 (chapter 23)
Year 5 Part 2 (chapter 24)
Year 5 Part 3 (chapter 25)
Year 5 Part 4 (chapter 26)
Year 5 Part 5 (chapter 27)
End of Year 5 (chapter 28)
Year 6 Part 1 (chapter 29)
Year 6 Part 2 (chapter 30)
Year 6 Part 3 (chapter 31)
Year 6 Part 4 (chapter 32)
Year 6 Part 5 (chapter 33)
End of Year 6 (chapter 34)
Year 7 Part 1 (chapter 35)
Year 7 Part 2 (chapter 36)
Year 7 Part 3 (chapter 37)
Year 7 Part 4 (chapter 38)
End of Year 7 (chapter 39)
Three Months Later (chapter 40)
Thank You
New Story: The Long Lost Princess!
One Shot: A Day in Their Married Life
One Shot: Honeymoon
One Shot: Surprise
One Shot: Toddler Daughter
New Story: Capture Bonding!
One Shot: We Got You
One Shot: At the Zoo
One Shot: Severus Snape's Memories
One Shot: How She Fell in Love with the Potions Master
One Shot: Daughter's Boyfriend
Author's Note
New Story: Lonely Man!
One Shot: Rictusempra!

End of Year 1 (chapter 6)

7.4K 218 130
By Yan_Senna

Author's note:
It's the end of year 1! I apologise for the late publication - it took a while to write.

I hope you enjoy! The start of year 2 will be out tomorrow (later today)😇

PS: I just want to thank anyone who reads this series. I'm definitely enjoying writing it!
———————————————

Word count: 2.6k
Warning: Mentions of death

Severus can't sleep, just like any other night. He hasn't even bothered to change into something else - he's still in his teaching robes.

Sighing, he decides to walk through the halls. Perhaps he can catch any students who should be in their bed.

Or even better - he might run into Quirrell.

He leaves his private chambers and strolls through the dark halls. After a while, he spots someone.

It's Quirrell.

When the man with the purple turban notices the Potions Master, he widens his eyes and tries to run away. Of course, the pathetic man fails.

Severus grabs him and pushes him to the nearest wall, making sure that he can't leave.

His action makes Quirrell gasp. "Severus, I-I... I-" he nervously starts before he's interrupted.

"You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell" Severus calmly and slowly says.

"What do you m-mean?" the man asks, acting all innocent and oblivious.

"You know perfectly well what I mean" Severus states in a serious yet irritated tone.

He suddenly feels a third presence. As he turns around, he hears breathing.

Severus slowly reaches out his hand only to grab the thin air. Weird, there doesn't seem to be anyone there...

He quickly spins around and returns his focus on Quirrell. The stammering man looks frightened.

"We will have another little chat soon. When you've had time to decide where your loyalties lie" Severus warns him.

Just then, Argus Filch interrupts them with his annoying cat following right behind him. "Oh, professors. I found this," the Caretaker says as he shows them a broken lamp.

"In the Restricted Section. It's still hot. That means there's a student out of bed" he explains, giving a creepy smile.

Severus doesn't think twice before quickly leaving to find the dunderhead student. He bets it's Potter. Argus and Quirrell follow him.

Alas, their search is in vain. They never found the student.

Severus grumpily retreats to his private chambers. He wonders if there indeed was a third presence.

If whoever was there hadn't shown up, he would have successfully confronted Quirrell about him trying to steal the Stone.

After a while, sleep takes over his body.
______________________________

Severus keeps an extra good eye on Quirrell for the next few months. They haven't been easy months, though - the poor Potions Master has been quite busy.

Not only has he made sure that Quirrell doesn't steal the Stone, he has also been grading papers, dealing with obnoxious students, keeping an eye on Potter as well as preparing for the first-years' Potions exam.

As if this wasn't enough, he now has to listen to complaints - from his Godson.

"It's not fair! Professor McGonagall gave me detention, too!" Draco exclaims, sounding furious.

Severus simply rolls his eyes. When the boy's father isn't answering his complaints through letters, he always comes to Severus. It's quite tiring.

"Wait until my father hears about this! What kind of school sends the students into a dangerous forest at night?!" the boy keeps going, rambling on about his detention.

Severus sighs in irritation. "Well, next time, don't leave your bed in the middle of the night!" he lectures his Godson.

"That's not fair! If it wasn't for me, then Potter, Weasley and Granger wouldn't have been caught!" Draco pouts.

The Head of Slytherin glares at him. "Filch would have found them, you dunderhead!" he snaps at him.

Sighing, Draco finally gives up. His Godfather won't agree with him.

The boy decides to change the subject. "So, what will the Potions exam be about?" he questions curiously.

The Potions Master raises an eyebrow at that. "You know I can't tell you. You will just have to wait and see" he simply says.

He then sits in a more comfortable position on his chair. "I have noticed you and Y/L/N sit next to each other at every meal" he points out.

Draco nods. "Yes, that's right. We have become quite good friends, actually. I have been thinking of asking Father if she can come to the manor this summer" he says, looking quite excited at the thought.

His Godfather nods. "I think that would be good. She is a Slytherin after all, so your father shouldn't have a problem with letting her into your home" he states.

He just hopes that his friend will accept whatever her blood status is. Lucius does strongly believe in blood supremacy.

Draco snorts. "That, and she's a Pureblood. She should be safe" he says, laughing a bit.

"A Pureblood, huh? How do you know?" the Potions Master questions. He wonders if Y/L/N told him that. She probably knows about the Malfoys' standards.

"Well, Father knew her mother. So he knows that both her parents were Purebloods" the boy explains.

That caught Severus off guard. So Lucius knew Y/L/N's mother? He wonders if he knows how the woman died.

After they have talked for a while, Severus follows his Godson to the door. "It's almost curfew. Don't get any more detention" he warns.

The boy just shrugs as he bids him farewell before leaving.
______________________________

A week later, it's time for exams. All the first-year students are not only stressed out, but nervous too.

Even Potter and Weasley actually seem to be studying... Somewhat studying, at least.

Severus is proud of his Godson for receiving an O for Outstanding in Charms.

He however scolds the boy for only getting an A for Acceptable in Herbology and Transfiguration.

The boy just shrugs, of course.  He's just glad that he passed.

Most of his Slytherins have done an exquisite job so far. Y/L/N has gotten O's in all of her exams - Severus can't help but be proud of her. He's sure that she will get O in Potions as well.

And he's right.

Today is the last exam - Potions. He has made the students brew a Forgetfulness Potion as one would think they have been drinking it anyway.

Whenever the Potions Master has been grading papers, he has noticed that they always seem to forget the most basic things.

Except for Y/L/N, Draco and the annoying Granger girl. The three of them got O in their Potions exam.

Potter and Weasley both got A - Severus has no idea how that is possible. They passed.
______________________________

The next day, all students are celebrating that there are no more classes and that the exams are finally over.

"No more studying!" an annoying Gryffindor cheers. Severus growls at the noise.

He then notices three particular Gryffindors being inside and discussing something rather than being outside and celebrating with their fellow students.

He strolls towards them. "Good afternoon" he says in his silky voice.

They must have been talking about him since they look like they have been caught.

"Now, what would three young Gryffindors such as yourselves be doing inside... on a day like this?" he questions them suspiciously as he looks at Granger.

The girl seems to be making up an excuse in her head, but finds none. "Ah, w-we... we were just-" she starts just as Severus interrupts her.

"You would want to be careful. People would think you are..." he starts just as he looks at Potter who is glaring at him.

He decides to use Legilimency on the boy and reads his mind. The idiotic boy believes that he wants to steal the Stone. Wrong professor, Potter.

And they are going to stop him... by going down the hatch tonight?!

"... up to something" he finally ends his sentence as he gives the boy a warning look. He then leaves, his cloak billowing behind him.

He needs to alert Albus. And he needs to find Quirrell, fast!

Of course, Quirrell is nowhere to be found. Where in Merlin's name is he?! It's already night.

Severus hurries to the Headmaster's office. He mutters the password as he walks up the stairs. He enters to see a smiling Headmaster.

"Good evening, Severus. Would you like a lemon drop?" the long-bearded man asks the Potions Master politely.

Severus looks at him in disbelief. He's offering him... candy?

He shakes his head. "No, thanks... We have a problem, Albus" he states, giving him a serious look.

The Headmaster's eyes sparkle. "I suppose this is about the Stone, isn't it?" he questions.

That confuses the Head of Slytherin - does he already know?

"How-" he starts before Albus quickly interrupts him.

"Like you, I have had a feeling that Quirinus wanted to steal the Philosopher's Stone. You see, he doesn't want to steal it for himself" he reveals.

Severus stares at him while he's in deep thought. There's no way. It can't be-

"Tell Poppy that she has to get ready to heal some students. I will go and get Ms. Granger, Mr. Weasley and Mr. Potter right away" the Headmaster says as he quickly leaves the office.

Severus stares at the door, absolutely dumbfounded. Did he know this entire time?

After recovering from the shock, he quickly strolls to the Hospital Wing to let Poppy know about the students.

A moment later, Albus enters with two unconscious boys and a frightened-looking girl.
______________________________

Weasley wakes up a few hours later. Potter does as well after a few days just before the revelation of the winner of the House Cup.

Everyone is gathered in the Great Hall, eating their last dinner as all the students will be going home tomorrow.

Severus is relieved that it's the end of the year - the end of a very hectic year. He wonders how the other years will turn out...

He's barely eating his meal as he has a lot on his mind. He still can't believe that the Dark Lord was on the back of Quirrell's head. No wonder he wore that stupid turban.

He just can't seem to understand why the Dark Lord didn't reveal himself to Severus - doesn't he trust him?

He wonders if he will be back sooner than later. He really hopes that won't be the case.

At least Quirrell is dead now. Who will be the next Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher?

Anybody but Severus, the Headmaster will make sure of that. He just hopes they won't be as annoying as Quirrell...

His train of thoughts is interrupted as Albus starts his end-of-year-speech.

"Another year gone, and now, as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding, and the points stand thus - in fourth place, Gryffindor with three hundred and twelve points," he says as very little clapping can be heard.

All the Gryffindors look absolutely disappointed. As they should be, dunderheads.

"In third place, Hufflepuff with three hundred and fifty-two points" he says as the cheering seems a bit more enthusiastic compared to the Gryffindors.

"In second place, Ravenclaw with four hundred and twenty-six points" he says as the cheering gets louder and louder.

Finally, the old man says what Severus wants to hear.

"And in first place, with four hundred and seventy-two points - Slytherin House" the Headmaster declares as the cheering gets quite loud.

All the Slytherins look very pleased and happy, especially Draco.

Severus claps quite intensively. You might not be able to see it on his face, but he is very pleased as well.

He notices Draco giving a smug look to Weasley and Potter who both do not look happy at all. Well, too bad.

"Yes, yes. Well done, Slytherin. Well done, Slytherin. However - recent events must be taken into account," Albus suddenly says.

The Potions Master can't help but look confused - what in Merlin's name does he mean?

"And I have a few last-minute points to award. To Ms. Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect while others were in great peril - fifty points" he states. All the Gryffindors loudly cheer for this.

All the Slytherins are looking just as confused as Severus.

"Second, to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best-played game of chess that Hogwarts has seen these many years - fifty points" Albus states as all the Gryffindors once again cheer loudly.

Severus is dumbfounded - did he seriously give the boy points for playing a game of chess?

"And third, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure love and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor House sixty points" the Headmaster declares just as the cheering gets even louder and louder.

The Head of Slytherin looks quite surprised - they are tied with Gryffindor.

"And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award ten points to Neville Longbottom" Albus states. The cheering keeps going and going.

Severus can't believe it - that old fool just gave Gryffindor enough points to win the damn Cup! He just couldn't handle losing. Jealous old man!

"Assuming that my calculations are correct, I believe that a change of decoration is in order" the Headmaster says as he claps his hands a few times.

Just then, the flags of Slytherin House change into Gryffindor's.

Severus scowls at the red and golden colours.

"Gryffindor wins the House Cup" the old fool declares as the cheering gets even louder than before.

Minerva gives Severus a satisfied and smug smile. The Head of Slytherin huffs.

"Yes!" Rubeus Hagrid exclaims, clapping.

Severus looks at the Slytherin table - Draco looks absolutely miserable, even more miserable than when they lost the Quidditch match.

Y/L/N does her best to comfort the boy. It seems to help a little, but only a little.

The Potions Master is absolutely furious. He still can't believe what just happened. He will get his revenge one day.
______________________________

The next morning, Severus refuses to get out of bed. He sadly has to - otherwise, Draco will just complain to Lucius that he didn't bid him goodbye.

He groans as he finally stands up and puts on his clothes and cloak. He doesn't bother eating breakfast - there's only ten minutes left for that, anyway.

When all the students are about to leave, Severus quickly finds his Godson. "There you are! I thought you were still sleeping" the boy complains.

The Potions Master rolls his eyes. "I'm here, am I not?" he sarcastically says as he sighs.

"Well, will you be visiting us this summer?" Draco questions, hoping that his Godfather will say yes.

Severus once again sighs. "I will try" he mutters.

As he's about to leave, Y/L/N walks towards them. "Hello, professor, Draco. I hope both of you will have a good summer" she politely says. Severus simply nods at her.

"You too, Y/N. I'm sure Father will approve of you coming to the manor" Draco says, giving her a smile. The girl shyly smiles back.

The boy then clears his throat. "Anyway, would you like to sit with Pansy, Blaise, Crabbe, Goyle and I in the Hogwarts Express?" Draco asks, looking hopeful.

Y/L/N looks quite surprised at that. She probably expected to sit alone the whole ride to King's Cross Station.

Meanwhile, Severus is quite confused as to why Draco still calls Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle by their last name. Perhaps he's not as good friends with them as he is with Pansy Parkinson and Blaise Zabini.

As the girl gets eye contact with Severus, the man gives her an encouraging nod as if saying "Go ahead".

Giving Draco a shy smile, she nods. "I would love to" she says. The two of them wave at their Head of House before leaving with the others.

Severus is glad that it's finally summer - he will be free from the dunderhead students.

There is one thing he will look forward to, however - seeing Y/N Y/L/N again in the new school year.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 3.9K 20
(Y/n) (Y/l/n). A 5th year Hogwarts student. 16 years old. A Gryffindor and a muggle-born. Very kind, very nice, and very very lonely. Severus Snape...
37.4K 1.2K 25
[y/n] [l/n], an 18 year old girl from America transfers to Hogwarts in her 6th year of her wizard schooling in an attempt to build a new life and fle...
4.5K 202 21
Jinx Darlington is a pureblood witch that was sorted into the House of Slytherin her first year at Hogwarts. She only has one friend, Severus Snape...
3.9K 135 38
A seventh year hufflepuff girl (y/n) falls deeply in love with her potions master who happens to be your best friend's family friend, Professor Snape...