Scorched Twilight

By _Arius

Revenge is a long and arduous journey, and Y/n knows he isn't even halfway there. His search for the third of... More

File B129: Sathariel
Prologue: Midnight Chase
Chapter 1: Westward Crater
Chapter 2: The Ruler in Red
Chapter 3: My Only Child
Chapter 4: Proclivitic Plumes of Two
Chapter 5: Boot Camp, not a Highschool
Chapter 6: Lights, Camera, and Finals
Chapter 7: Skadi
Chapter 8: Mother and Son
Chapter 9: Purple Ring
Chapter 10: The Smell of Smoke
Chapter 11: Dysthe
Chapter 12: Black Lillies
Chapter 14: Act of War
Chapter 15: Basket Hilted
Chapter 16: Seraphiel, the Abandoned Son
Chapter 17: For the Sake of Privacy
Chapter 18: In Deed
Chapter 19: False and Fallen
Chapter 20: Babysitting
Chapter 21: Double the Plumes, Double the Perniciousness
Chapter 22: Sparks Fly, Smoke Follows
Chapter 23: Brethren
Chapter 24: Antlers, Rot, and Fury
Chapter 25: First Ascension
Chapter 26: Delusional
Chapter 27: Paradoxical Promise
Chapter 28: The Denouement of a Scheme
Chapter 29: Whistling Fire
Chapter 30: All You Ever Say
Chapter 31: Azeth Andrei Irune
Chapter 32: Alone Again
Chapter 33: Pink + White
Chapter 34: Line Without A Hook
Chapter 35: Novacane

Chapter 13: Brothers in Memory

327 13 7
By _Arius

*thud*

"I resign."

Ch'en: Hah?

This was the second officer to resign today, both within the span of three hours. Ch'en was suspicious of them, yet could not find any connections between them, and aside from working for the same organization, they had only met once.

"You heard me. I want to resign, I'm sick of this."

Ch'en: Sick of what? If you have any complaints you know very well you can-

"That's not it. You know fully well of my condition, Madam Ch'en."

Ch'en closed her eyes as she crossed her arms, gears turning in her head.

Ch'en: So you want to leave because you felt like a hypocrite.

"Yes. I'm leaving before I become more like one, before I become you."

She opened her eyes, glaring at the her subordinate, as if she just crossed a line.

Ch'en:...I will pretend I didn't hear that last one.

"You shouldn't ignore what I said. We have the same condition Madam Ch'en, I hope you reconsider which side you are on. 'Cause one day Lungmen will find out, let's see if they can accept an infected like you, Superintendent."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You can do better."

"Don't disappoint us."

"I like you too."

"You can't leave me!"

"Please, don't go."

"I can't breathe..."

"It's all your fault."

Visions... Memories floated pass him, in a dark void that was his messed up mind. Each memory was distinct, carrying a certain emotion, or a certain moment in his life he deemed memorable.

There were memories he liked...

A woman with her face obscured by light embraced him, he could feel her warmth even when it was just a memory.

"I'm proud to be your mother."

...And memories he hated.

"We mustn't tell him."

A man in a bloodied suit peered over a corpse, knives and forks and even a metal rod floated next to him, which revealed who killed the dead man judging by the bloody cuts and bumps he had.

In the corner, a young black-haired boy witnessed the whole thing, mouth covering his hand to silence his cries. It was his first time crying, or showing any sign of emotion aside from the slight smile. Shocked and possibly traumatized, the boy could only whimper as his father called for the maids to clean up the murders scene.

He breathed a sigh, taking a hold of his emotions that was the cause of this memories spinning in his head. The memories came to a stop, and he could now focus on one at a one instead of taking it all in.

"They... what?"

"They've been switching your grades. You brother's taking all the credit for your work, not you."

A specific memory was first, one he didn't want to experience if he was a child, which he was in this particular memory.

A 10 year old, dressed in comfortable sleepwear stared in quiet shock at his visiting teacher, who had come to pass his grades and stayed with them for a night because of a storm outside.

The teacher revealed to him that for the past three years, his parents had been switching his better grades with the much poorer grades of his twin brother's. What made the reveal much worse was that his parents asked HIM to improve, only for his hardwork to be taken credit for by his brother.

"I just wanted you to know, as your teacher. I know how they've manipulated you for the past three years, and I want to help. In a few days time I will come back, I hope you have your belongings ready by then. Do not let anyone see you."

"...Why?"

"That... I do not know myself. But I can provide help, either you turn up or rat me out to your parents, my fate and yours are in your hands."

"Okay..."

*click*

"Shit. They must be coming back, find somewhere to hide."

That was easy for the little boy, he played hide and seek with his brother all the time and he knew all the good spots. One was in this room, the space between and bookshelf and the corner of the wall was a blind spot, blocked by the furniture and the angle you have to be in to be fully hidden.

As the boy, let's call him Danielle, settled in his hiding spot. He heard wet choking, only to see sharp, metal utensils circling around his sharply-dressed father, all of them covered in his teacher's blood.

"Ghk..! Yo-You..."

"You will carry out your plans no longer, Mr. Foch. As much as I like you and been your student during my youth, I personally think it's best for you to retire... permanently."

Danielle stared in apathy, while his face remained stone cold, a tear moved down his eye as his father spat on the corpse. That was it, his only escape was gone, his only light was extinguished by the people he thought was his loved ones.

"Tch. Next."

He pulled up the next memory, recognizing it immediately when he saw Lily bushes take shape around him.

It was a hot afternoon, Danielle called his twin brother out for a chat.

"Brother? Why have you asked for me?"

Danielle: Have you known?

"Known? Known what?

Danielle: Our grades Azeth, have you known?

Azeth: No? What are you talking about? And what's wrong with you, you're being more... expressive than usual.

Danielle: Watching someone die does that to you.

Azeth's eyes turned to worry as he grasped his brother's shoulders ad shook him, only for him to be pushed away.

Azeth: You can't just joke around with things like that! What if someone hears?!

Danielle: I'm not laughing. I'm also not lying. Azeth, please just answer my question.

Desperation. Confusion. Anger. Azeth could easily see those expressions on his face, even without his glasses it was crystal clear.

He had an answer, but Danielle wouldn't like it at all.

Yet he needn't to say it, Danielle already knew from his eyes.

Danielle: I see. I hate you, Azeth.

Azeth's heart broke in two, seeing his brother say such hurtful words in such an apathetic way. Danielle turned his back on him and briskly walked away, dropping a black gemstone pendant to the ground and stomping on it.

Danielle: To hell with this family.

"Stop. This memory sucks ass."

Y/n waved away the memory, it morphed and blended into the void like milk in coffee. He yawned, it certainly has been a few minutes already, yet that voice that wasn't Azeth earlier still hasn't come back.

Y/n: Guess I'll watch my first year in highschool. I miss those days so much.

"No."

Y/n: No? Who are you to decide what memory of mine do I get to see huh?

Azeth: Go back to that memory. I want to see it again.

Y/n: Do it yourself. You have his perspective of it after all, you demon.

Azeth: Change. It. Back.

Y/n put his foot on the void, distorted images and lights surrounded the place for the split second. His face displayed no feeling it all, just like how Danielle used to look.

Y/n: Make me.

Azeth lashed out, multiple appendages rising from his body and shooting towards him with its hands open to grab him. Y/n raised a finger to one arm aimed at his neck and turned it into water, causing a chain reaction where all of them met the same outcome.

Y/n: My head, my rules. Reality here is determined by me.

Azeth: Then I'll just have to power through!

More ghostly arms sprouted from his body, Azeth clenched his fist as some of the arms did the same, he sprinted at Y/n who did not move from his spot.

Y/n: Invisible wall.

Azeth abruptly stopped, his fist punching something solid but wasn't there. He glared at Y/n who looked back.

Y/n: We can talk, y'know. Besides, you can't defeat me when I have weaponized imagination.

Azeth: Fine.

Y/n made a chair and sat on it, a wry smile as he made another one for Azeth but kept the invisible wall next to him. To provoke a reaction out of him, he changed the scenery from a black void to the same Lily garden.

Y/n: Let's talk then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So, what do you think of her?"

"Well, after sealing away his influence along with her powers, lately it doesn't feel like my fight for flight response is being triggered all the time."

She giggled, amused with his way of words, it was a fresh of breath air to speak with someone so casual. It wasn't like she did not like being treated with respect, but Kal'tsit's verbose manner of speech did bore her at times.

"Hm. I can already see it."

"See what."

"The ruination of Babel, the rise of Rhodes Island, the death of the Sarkaz Queen, and the disappearance of the Doctor."

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Nothing. My passing is inevitable. No matter how much I try, no matter how much others try."

"Eh... same. I'd rather not mess with anything time-related."

"But I do have one request from you, if that is possible."

"What is it?"

The royal-blooded Sarkaz smiled warmly, looking over the balcony of the training room to see at young brown-haired Cautus in front of a target, swiping her palms in the air, small spurts of black Originiun Arts popping out from behind her before disappearing.

"I want you to keep an eye on her, who knows what I could do once she fully awakens."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhodes Island, 31 hours later

When she awoke totally surrounded by darkness, the only light was a faint blue hue coming from the wall behind her, it was where PRTS was stationed aside from outside her door.

PRTS: Good morning Doctor, or should I greet you Good night?

Still groggy from her rest, Wendy took a full minute to register what the A.I.'s soothing yet familiar voice said, groaning as she placed the spare pillow all over her waste.

Wendy: Why does my face feel wet? Also I want to vomit so bad.

PRTS: If you wish to vomit, there is a plastic bucket beside you at all times. To answer your first question, you are still in the middle of recovering from Chronic potassium cyanide poisoning, you may walk around in your current state, but please refrain from strenuous activities like running and exercise.

Wendy: How long have I been out of commission?

PRTS: Over a day, it is currently 9 in the evening.

When did she get poisoned, also what? The amount of information she had to register at this so state made her want to vomit, which she did.

Once she felt adequate enough to think, she wondered how she got poisoned during the operation, then her memory flashed back to that moment, where the mist was full of deadly colours and she was dragging a masked Amiya through it.

Wendy: AMIYA...!

PRTS: Doctor, please refrain from-

*slam*

"Hahahahahahaha...!

A strained, joyous rang out, stopping Wendy in her rush as she looked for who she hit with her door.

Wendy: O-Oh, Sathariel...!

Y/n, soothing his head as much as he could with his hands, he glared at the Doctor with squinted eyes, his anger contrasted with the unnatural grin he unintentionally wore.

Y/n: Don't kick your door open next time.

Wendy: I'm sorry! I'm very sorry!

Y/n: *sigh* You apologized, so that's something.

He stood up, carrying a travelling bag, with a small duffel bag at his, Wendy noticed the bags he had, and asked about it.

Y/n: Oh? I'm boarding Rhodes Island as a temp, should be here for a year or two, I mainly want to go sightseeing.

Wendy: But what about your job? Don't you work for the LGD?

Y/n; About that... I quit. After more than two years of working, I realized police work ain't it for me, so I handed Ch'en my resignation letter and took my severance pay! Though I agreed to be a sort of ambassador to keep relations between us peachy.

Wendy: Oh.

Y/n: Yep! Um... here! It's a gift I got for you.

Wendy: What is it?

Her eyes flickered brightly in recognition, it was the same ring she had taken from that empty room, which unfortunately broke in half apparently earlier in the operation. What Y/n had was a much lighter shade of purple, with white accents instead of none.

Y/n: It's a ring, obviously. Did you know that in Yen, soldiers used to wear rings to protect their fingers when drawing bows? I guess you can say it's like I'm giving you a protection charm.

Wendy: Oh, I'm fla-flattered.

Her flustered face was only reddened when seeing his smile.

Y/n: Don't be! It's the cheapest one in the pawn shop!.

Wendy; E-Eh?

That wasn't the smile of a man who liked her romantically, it was the smile of a middle-aged mom who got the best deals in a supermarket.

Y/n: I'll be going now!

Wendy: HEY GET BACK- *cough* *cough*. Fuck, I can't run. Damn you Sathariel, you cheapskate! But... I guess this ring looks nice.

Wendy clutched her stomach, the need to vomit rising from her throat as she dashed back into her room. Meanwhile, Y/n watched from the corner, smiling when she wore the ring.

Y/n: That's her condition dealt, that ring should protect her for a week or two until I can get a better one. Now where in the fuck is Skadi? She better be here after I spent so much time persuading her to seek medical help here.

He didn't know where she was in the landship, but he did now she had a sick friend, who he also did not know the whereabouts of nor did he find out what they looked like, so what he did was ask the medical personnel.

Y/n: Helloooooo~! So I'm trying to find this patient-

"Get out."

Y/n: But I haven't even asked yet! Jeez.

"Sir I would like to ask you to-

Y/n: *sigh* You gave me no choice, man.

Pulling his revolver out, Y/n pointed at the operating table where a woman lay sleeping, blissfully unaware that she was about to be riddled with holes in an indefinite matter of time.

Immediately, the surgeon who asked him to get out dropped their scalpel, raising their hands to their head as their concern for themselves and the patient skyrocketed.

Y/n: I'd like some questions asked, if you don't mind.

"Sir, this patient's name is Jean Eric Fymeil, a one of a kind Oripathy researcher who's work had greatly pushed the medical advancements in resisting Oripathy. Before this operation she was in the midst of cracking the code to the origins of Oripathy, if I don't save her now-"

The surgeon cut themselves off when Y/n pushed the barrel to her cheek, a silent but effect gesture that translates to 'shut the fuck up'.

Y/n: Save your breath. I need it to answer my question.

"Nu-Nurse!?"

Y/n: I told her to go on a break.

"Fine! What is it that you want?!?!"

Y/n: I need to know the room of a patient staying in the ward. I don't know who or what they look like but they were accompanied by this woman with white hair and a greatsword.

With no choice at all, the surgeon dug up their memories to see if any of the faces he's seen on recent time matched Y/n's description.

"Long white hair, red eyes, silent, avoids everyone and unbelievably hot?"

Y/n: She's hot?

"She goes by Skadi here . Her friend you mentioned should be in room 218. Can you stop threatening us now?"

Y/n: Sure, sure! I'll be right out of your hair!

Y/n dashed out of the room, leaving the door open to piss off the surgeon more. Speaking of the surgeon, they grumbled while picking up the scalpel from the floor, dreading sterilizing the room and everything again since the room could potentially be contaminated by outside bacteria.

Y/n: Oh, by the way. Your patient's already dead.!

"Wha-"

Y/n: So sorry!

Y/n slammed the door closed, muffling the scream the surgeon would let out a second later.

Y/n: Truly a hospitable environment with its hospitable people, Rhodes Island is.

Now let's go on a bit of a tangent here while Y/n makes his way to Skadi's room. Let's talk about Y/n's beliefs, shall we? First, he is a Deist, which meant that he believes that there is a God that created the universe, but said God rarely intervenes with... living affairs. He also believes that the only way to witness God is to die, which he did but that didn't count he got revived by that stupid bitch in his head that wasn't Azeth.

But did the post-death experience shook his belief up a bit? Maybe. Paige wasn't a God, was she? I mean, she didn't look omniscient at all, just looked like someone in the skin suit that resembled a young, female office worker. (Apparently humans were the least threatening-looking being to her, which he took offense to.)

Y/n wondered what her true form looks like.

Anyway. Arriving in front of the room, Y/n slowly knocked on the door, hearing a soft shuffling on the floor before a short hum with the door opening after.

Y/n had a mini panic episode when he saw her figure, heart racing quickly while sweat dribbled down his back. It was when he slapped himself in front of her did he calmed down a bit.

Y/n: Hi?

His voice cracked. She pretended not to notice.

Skadi; Hello.

Y/n: Do you have time... for chat?

Skadi: I have the time.

Y/n: That's good then! I'll come in now.

The room was fairly big, enough space for a small group of eight visitors, as if Skadi was sold on the idea of that many people chatting in the room given her quiet nature.

On the medical bed must be her friend, dressed up as a nun and staring at him like a creep. Dozens of machines hooked up to her that monitored her current health. Y/n wasn't a doctor, so he didn't know a thing at what was displayed on the digitized screen.

Skadi interpreted his actions, and answered him.

Skadi: She will be fine, the doctors suppressed her infection.

Y/n: Why is she wearing a nun outfit.

Skadi: That... I do not know myself.

Y/n: Is she good? Like can I talk to her?

Skadi: You ought to test it yourself.

*poke* *poke*

Huh, no response.

All she did was blink her eyes when he poked her cheek. Weird, usually he would get his arm slapped for doing that.

Y/n: Hm... She looked harmlEEEESS-!

He was suddenly brought in an embrace, so quick he couldn't react in time. The woman in the nun outfit gave him uncomfortable amounts of affection only a close relative or a loved one should be giving, like the hug he was receiving, or the gentle headpats too, and also she was less strong or as strong as Skadi, which is undeniably still strong, so strong he couldn't get out of the embrace.

"O' heavens above, I express this subject's gratitude for bringing me this blessed child to my unworthy presence!"

The nun lady cupped his cheeks and moved them to face her. A crazed, distant look in her blood-red eyes that could have traces of her previous self in her expressing her apologies.

Y/n: Guess we now know she's receptive.

Skadi: Specter, this is...

Y/n: Y/n, or Sathariel.

Specter: Sathariel... such a grand name. But Sathariel isn't who I am looking for, it is what is festering beneath those blood-stained orbs of yours.

Y/n blinked, his eyes squinting at her in total confusion. He didn't have red eyes.

A thump in his head, his eye moved by itself. Another thump on his jaw, his lips curved into a jolly smile. She was taking over again, but this time, it took more of an effort to stop her.

"Oh my~! If it isn't Little Laurentina! My, my, how you've grown, the little girl I've chastised for misconduct has now grown into such a blooming young woman!"

Y/n returned the embrace, letting go a second later to face Skadi, who's eyes contained some shock in the situation.

"Oh? Aren't you-!"

Skadi: Skadi. I go by Skadi now.

"Oh. No matter! It's been so, so, so, so long since we have seen or talked to each other! How are you two? What about the others?

Skadi: I'm good. But no, the other Hunters are gone. Dead.

The news brought "Y/n" to frown. Visibly shocked by the news.

"Really? Gladiia, Angler, Spermaceti, Oar, Nautilus, Iso, and little Guppy?

Skadi: Yes. They perished I'm battle.

"Even Pinkie?"

Skadi: Even him.

"Damn, he was such a invaluable specimen too, his affinity with Originium Arts was inexpensive. And I even gave him regenerative healing just in case..."

Skadi: He perished leading our escape, there was simply too much of them.

"How unfortunate then. Knowing the current state of Ægir, it's best to discontinue the Abyssal Hunter's program."

Skadi: Yes, Ægir has officially fallen to the Abyss. It is only a matter of time before they come to shore, or they could already be across this land.

"Yes, yes. Once I recover all of my powers, which is growing increasingly unlikely, I'll set out to the deep, dark sea to terminate them. Oh, he's coming back, keep yourselves in check, especially you, Skadi. We don't need one of the last few specimens to turn rogue on us~."

Skadi: Roger.

"Good! He's back now, toodles~!"

Wordlessly, control was given back to Y/n. He heard the whole conversation, and was scratching his head on what was being said.

Y/n: "Toodles?" Did I actually say that?

Skadi: You did.

Y/n: No shit, that was rhetorical. But it looks like Specter's only responsive to me or whatever that woman was. And I guess you answered my questions, even when I hardly understood most of them. But before I go, Skadi can I ask a favour from you?

Skadi: Name your price.

Y/n: You decide. But first I have to explained why you're doing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the whole ordeal with the Abyssal Hunters left him confused and a bit lost at what was happening. His mood was content as Skadi agreed to his plans, his mood further brightened when he spotted a familiar pair of white feline ears, slightly twitching while it's owner was reading a stack of papers.

A smirk was seen on Y/n's face as made his way inside the room, sneaking past her detection and making his way to the table, before taking a seat in front of her.

Kal'tsit: Sathariel.

Y/n: Kal-kal!

Her hands clenched against the paper, crinkling it. It was evident that she disliked the nickname, it gave her another reason to hate the person who made that name.

Seeing her reaction, Y/n have a closed-eyes smile and rested his hand against his cheek.

Kal'tsit: I see that-

Y/n: Upupupupup! Remember our rule, Kal-kal. 20 words or less, I'll apply for a private philosophy lecture with you when I got time to spare.

Kal'tsit sharply inhaled, preparing a week's worth of stress to build up on her from this interaction with Y/n.

Kal'tsit:...You're alive.

Y/n: Yep, still kicking! What about you Kal-kal? Judging by your looks, you look like you've aged a hundred years in just three!

Kal'tsit: I'm fine, thank you for asking.

Y/n grinned, gauging at how irritated the Feline was by checking at her clenched hands. And from the looks of it, she was really irritated.

Y/n: Hmhm. Nice place you've got here, definitely a much better upgrade than Babel, the whole landship doesn't hum so loud now, the water didn't cut for ten minutes every hour, and the best part is that we've got an A.I. now! Isn't that just great?

Kal'tsit: That A.I. was modeled after a dear colleague.

Y/n: Ah, yes. The Doctor's guardian, Priest or whatever her codename was, killed by the same person she was protecting, how ironic.

Kal'tsit: She saved us.

Y/n: Not all of us, and certainly not me. I wasn't even there when Babel went to shit, I only heard tidbits of it while in Lungmen.

Kal'tsit: As you know, Wendy's... ability has been extracted from her genetic code.

Y/n: But...? You've been known as the bearer of bad news or a mood killer for centuries. There's always a "but" with you.

Kal'tsit: Unfortunately, she had accidentally ingested the pill containing her ability. Now I have to constantly monitor her sanity levels.

Y/n: 19 words. Firstly, the origin of her abilities are still unknown to me, but it could possibly be linked with those two Reunion members that were responsible for the deaths of two Blacksteel operators.

Kal'tsit: They called themselves Reapers, I've heard about them.

Y/n: Yes. They contained the scent of flowers, Pride's "essence" in a sense. They are vulnerable to damage, but immune to dying and would regenerate in minutes. Every aspect of their physical power has been increased, strength, speed, reaction time, ect. They'll be hard to deal with for even an Elite Operator.

Kal'tsit: Even someone like Rosmontis will have difficulty.

Y/n: Yes. Even her, they seem to have some kind of ability that can foresee or envision a future outcome or action. But from my experience fighting them, they cannot tap into the ability once they lose control of their emotions. Like Izanami when she fought me, her course of action vastly differs from Thanatos', who acted calmly the whole fight.

Kal'tsit: But going back to Wendy's situation. It's best that she doesn't reach zero sanity. For everyone's safety.

Y/n: Don't worry so much. If she so much shows a sign of turning, then be sure to inquire the pathologists that they will be extracting exactly 23 bullets from her body.

Kal'tsit: And about the Ægirs. I immediately recognized who Skadi was describing when she mentioned a halo as red as wine.

Y/n: 20 words. They'll be staying for the time being, most likely when Specter is back to her old self. Besides, having Skadi here will stop her from killing innocent Sanktas, so that's a plus.

Kal'tsit: And you truly believe they won't wreck havoc wherever they go?

Lightly tapping against the iron table, Y/n created a needle for fun, lightly pricking it against his finger enough to draw blood.

Y/n: I can't guarantee that, but at the very least they won't destroy the landship. One of them needs treatment while the other is finding answers.

Kal'tsit: Did she find those answers?

Y/n: From the looks of it, maybe. Though humans like us are born with the drive to search for more questions than answers, to search for the unknown in what's known. It's a matter of whether she as an Abyssal Hunter has that drive or not.

Y/n stood from his seat, smiling at Kal'tsit as he put down the needle and waved goodbye. His eyes turned wine red as he opened his mouth.

"That's why I compelled him to recommend her Rhodes Island, for her to find that drive in such a lovely environment. I truly want what's best for the both of them, but sometimes they need a push in the right direction."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lungmen, Underground Infrastructure

A group of Reunion soldiers marched under Lungmen, led by two Reunion leaders, Faust and Mephisto.

Faust was a pythia with dark blue hair and pale skin, holding a crossbow with a scope. His dark attire would effectively conceal him in an urban environment if it weren't for the white pants he wore.

He and Mephisto were navigating with a drawn map of the infrastructure below, leading their small army through the vast space that acted as a waste disposal and water treatment center.

Faust: This is where we split up. Remember, my squad and I will scout the building, reporting the guard's schedules every two hours. The rest of you wait for the guide in the warehouse, he's your key into the LGD.

Mephisto: Once we infiltrate the building we'll get Kevin and the other infected out from their holding cells, simultaneously taking over the LGD Headquarters.

Faust nodded at his partner before handing him the map and bringing out another copy from his jacket.

Faust: Our escape route is through the slums, the map should be behind it. Good luck, Eno.

He held his hand out, and was met by Mephisto's own hand in a handshake that was met with determined nods, they had been through a lot in the past years since they turned infected, a handshake was enough to show the camaraderie between the two long-time friends.

Mephisto: Same could be said to you, Sasha.

They split up, a majority following Mephisto as most of them were foot soldiers, some complained about not bringing enough fire power.

Mephisto: Hm? Are you saying I am weak?

"Aside from healing Arts, I've never seen you do anything except barking your stupid mouth off. We should've brought the Yeti Squad with us, with their leader this mission would have been done in less than a day!"

Others started to chant in agreement, as Mephisto frowned. How could they be so inconsiderate of Frostnova? Her infection was already critical, if she used her Originium Arts any further then she would have died, that was why Patriot himself requested Talulah that she be excluded.

Mephisto:...Tch.

The thump of his staff against the concrete made the army look at their leader who approached the soldier that first spoke up. There was a loud crunch as Mephisto slammed his staff against his skull, knocking them out cold and breaking their nose.

Everyone else stood in stunned silence, Mephisto usually didn't bat an eye at what they said, unless it was something negative about him or Faust.

Mephisto: You doubt my abilities as a fighter, don't you? Well here's a food for thought. Why did you think Talulah even made me a squad leader? Was it because of my Arts? No, I would have been a medic if that was it. Do you see what I'm implying here?

He twisted his staff, grabbing the wooden shaft and unsheathing it, revealing a rapier, with no words spoken he thrust through the soldier's head, silencing them.

Mephisto: "Always show your true strength to your enemies at the last moment." That is what my teacher told me when he made me this rapier. I have been training with this very blade for years now, practicing on infected wolves, slugs, and even on human beings. I can't say that I am a master at it, but if you'd like to see how proficient I am, then walk forward right now.

You must have heard of the two F's when in a dangerous situation, fight or flight. But did you know, that there are actually three F's instead of two? In a dangerous situation, some would take either fight or flight, but in the eyes of most people, they would subconsciously choose the third F: Freeze.

Freeze was what all of them did, ironic how they could freeze even without Frostnova's presence.

Mephisto: None? Then all of you shut your damn mouths...

Mephisto sheathed his weapon back into his came, and unfurled the map of Lungmen, he smirked when he stared close to the center of the map, right next to the tallest building in Lungmen.

Mephisto: We have a headquarters to take over.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally done! Been recovering some sleep after that hell of a ride where I just played horror games for a whole week almost without sleep.

Man that was fun but my eyes are gonna be fucked in the long run.

Now, with the arrival of chapter 5, I've changed a few things. Y/n will be appearing but he won't fight much, I want to focus on Siracusa clone for a short bit somewhere down the line. And yes, the clone will be based on someone who some might know.

CC#5 has been pretty good so far, east armory sucks but that's to be expected, luckily it's probably going to be gone in the next CC. M3'ed my Surtr but she's still level 60 which does nothing in risk 18. But after I farm enough exp then I only need Eyja left to join my collection of the Big 5.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 62 4
Getting R.O.B'd by my Manager who so happens to be a Demon And "Best Girl" Yagoo, was an odd experience. However, what is an even odder experience is...
20.3K 487 9
Yeah Why Not? Will diverge from canon eventually. Disclaimer: Arknights is owned by Hypergryph. Other pictures and videos and works I include here b...
8K 169 32
Cover & art by @leafyisbest This is just a bfb au that could be called a fanfic, I guess :|. Also this book is made by two people, so the updates may...
66K 1.7K 27
A little AU where Lucifer and Alastor secretly loves eachother and doesn't tell anyone about it, and also Alastor has a secret identity no one else k...