Changed

By SapphireRosekook

She wasn't always like that, but you know, people change. So did she... An 18 year old, named Rose, is a cold... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 19

7.6K 194 88
By SapphireRosekook

Rose's P.O.V

I was sitting on my desk, doing my homework after a long time. I wonder how I still got good grades when I barely studied. That was when I heard a knock on the door. Of course, it has to be any of them. They can't see me living in peace.

"Rose, come down for dinner." It was Dylan. He sure loves to bother me whenever I want to be alone. Even though he's trying his best to make it up to me, I don't want him to annoy me, since he's not going to get what he wants.

However, I got up from my chair and closed all my books, as I was actually hungry right now. Putting my stuff aside, I left my room and went downstairs.

In the dining hall, I saw everyone gathered. Damien and Robert were there, too. I sat down on my place without saying anything. They were all silent for some time, nobody ate but then Robert spoke up.

"Rose, your birthday is coming next month and that means, you're going to be 19. I have decided that you will be engaged to Daniel, my friend's son." He told me and I raised a brow in surprise. The audacity he has to tell me whom I am going to be engaged with.

"Really? And what exactly makes you think I'll do that?" I asked as I started to eat my food.

"Because it'll help us in the mafia. In this way, our mafia will grow bigger and stronger. Daniel has agreed, so they're coming here next month. Now, it's time for you to be prepared." He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"Mafia. Sh*tty mafia. Do I look like I give a da*n about your stupid mafia? Besides, you call me useless and mafia is really important for you so, why don't you just marry one of your sons with him? That'll be better." I told him and he closed his eyes, trying to calm himself down while the others were looking shocked and angry.

"Daniel will come here with his family next month and you will be engaged to him, whether you like it or not." He said with gritted teeth while I took a bite of my steak.

"Let's see if you can do that." I said, taking a sip of water. If he really thinks I'll obey him like before, he should be prepared then, for I will not do what he wants.

"Don't test my patience, Rose. Stop being so egoistic and just agree." He told me calmly but I could see the anger rising in his eyes.

"I wonder where I got that ego from." I said and noticed Dylan's lips slightly curved upwards.

"Why won't you listen? I'm your father!" He hit his palm on the table in anger.

"Are you though? I remember you saying that you were ashamed of having such a daughter." I asked and got up from my seat.

"Sit down, Rose." He demanded but I just ignored him and left the dining hall, leaving them all silent.

Ryan's P.O.V

Father and Damien came back from their business trip just a while ago. They wanted to tell us something, so we all went to the dining hall. We sat on our places and father spoke up.

"So, what had happened to Rose?" He asked with no expression on his face.

"Dylan said she passed out while searching something in the cupboards, so we took her to hospital. Doctor said that there were drugs found in her body and it was affecting her health. She woke up later that day and we asked if she takes or used to take drugs. She denied and we asked who did it to her. She said.." I explained but paused at the end.

Was it really true? Did mother really do that? But why would she, when she loved Rose the most? But why would Rose lie? I was fighting with my subconscious, confused about whom to trust.

"She said?" Father brought me out of my thoughts and I cleared my throat.

"She said it was mother and her boyfriend, Oscar." I said and Damien's eyes widened slightly while father raised his brow in confusion.

"She's lying. Why would mother do that? She loved her so much, even more than us." Damien said and I felt angry for an unknown reason. He can't just say anything about anyone without knowing the whole story.

"But what if she didn't lie? How can you say anything without proof?" Dylan asked angrily and father sighed.

"Let's just forget about it for now. What I wanted to tell you all is that I talked to my friend. He has agreed to work with me. Next month, on Rose's 19th birthday, he'll come here with his son, Daniel and Rose will be engaged to him. It'll help us build a stronger mafia." He told us all, evilness shining in his eyes and my eyes widened in shock.

"But, isn't Daniel like, 26 or something? Besides, Rose is too young for a marriage right now. How can you do that to her?" Dylan asked with rage.

"Stop arguing, Dylan. It's me who decides when and who to marry her with, not you." Father told him calmly, but I could see the hidden anger behind the veil.

"No, just because you are our father, doesn't mean you can do anything you want to your children. She's my sister and I can't stay silent while you just sell her away for your own profit." Dylan said angrily, raising his voice a little and father hit his hand on the table harshly, causing him to slightly flinch.

"You either do what I want, or you get thrown away into darkness, where no one helps you. Choice is yours. Do you want to be called my son and live a luxurious life or you want to go beg for a living?" He told him and Dylan sighed and I noticed tears in his eyes.

He really loves Rose that much, but does she? No, she doesn't. She doesn't care about anyone of us. She just wants to be left alone, all because of us. We were the cause of her becoming a ruthless person, who doesn't give a sh*t about anyone.

____

"Brother, can you play football with me?" Rose asked as I took a sip of my coffee. My mood was good until she decided to ruin it.

"Why would I want to play with you?" I asked annoyed, narrowing my eyes at her.

"Because you're my favourite brother. I love you more than the other three. You're cool and you play football really well." She replied with a small smile, her eyes shining with hope and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop with this sh*t. You know that I don't care about you a bit, yet you annoy me all the time. Just go and leave me alone." I told her and she pouted slightly, looking down at the floor.

"Are you saying the truth? I hope you're not. Father beats me up everyday, Damien calls me a b*tch and a brat. I don't even know what that means, David hits me whenever he's angry, Dylan tells me not to call him brother because he doesn't like me. You all are rude to me. Why do you do so?" She said as a tear rolled down her red cheeks.

I had enough of this sh*t and slapped her real hard on her left cheek, causing her head to turn to the side.

"You're a useless sister. Nobody wanted you in the first place, that is why. Happy now?" I replied angrily and walked out of the living room, leaving the sobbing girl alone there.

____

"Ryan!" Damien shook me a little, bringing me back to reality. I looked around and saw my brothers looking at me in confusion.

"What's up with you?" He asked in a bit concerned tone but I couldn't process anything right now.

"Nothing, just a little headache." I replied shortly and took a deep breath.

"Dylan, go and call her." Father ordered and Dylan slowly and unwillingly got up from his seat. He then left the dining hall and all I could think about was how Rose is going to react to this news.

•••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 13.8K 45
Morana, a thirteen year old assassin, a legend. She was born in France and raised by the French mafia. She gets sent to kill a Cortello brother, she...
1.8K 139 23
𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐀𝐡𝐯𝐢 𝐒𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐳, a young independent woman, who navigates life the best she can. From the beginning of her life, she was loved by he...
32.6K 694 28
Aniyah Rose Moretti She knows what she wants and she gets it. There's nothing can stop her. She's strong willed, feisty, and sarcastic. She's been t...
368K 7.2K 41
Hey, this book is not finished, but I have been asked to keep it up! I am rewriting it right away, because there were major plot holes and it was jus...