Stark Struck | The Avengers

By snowberrries

[COMPLETED 2014 // FOREVER REWRITING] After moving to the wondrous New York City, Alex Heart is skeptical... More

before you read
word from the wise
Chapter I: 8:53 am
Chapter II: Coffee Runs
Chapter III: Big Break
Chapter IV: Tony Stark with a Side of Capture
Chapter VI: Questioning Breakfast
Chapter VII: Shadows
Chapter VIII: A Rude Morning Wake Up Call
Chapter IX: A Dead Agent and Lola
Chapter X: Meeting the Team
Chapter XI: Intruder Alert?
Chapter XII: A Threat Larger than Mankind Itself
Chapter XIII: Deformed Red Skulls
Chapter XIV: Secrets Revealed
Chapter XV: Collateral Damage
Chapter XVI: Team Player
Chapter XVII: Disappearances

Chapter V: Deceptions

7.1K 287 80
By snowberrries

Chapter Five

        I tugged and pulled my hands to get out of the bindings behind my back. I had to get out of here. He was going to kill me, I was sure of it. I pulled on the more, and even tried to untie the rope holding my arms together. It felt like hours, but I finally freed my hands, and then I started on my feet. That was the easy part. I wobbled a bit when I stood. I frantically looked around the room, spinning on feet in the process. My reflection followed my every move. I rushed over to one of the mirrored walls and ran my hand along the edges of the mirror. I was trying to find a seam where I door would be.

        "Trying to escape?" came the voice from earlier.

        I looked at his reflection through the mirror. His cold stare was chilling my spine, even if it was a reflection. "And you would care?" I croaked.

        He took a few steps until he was right behind me. His brought long fingers to my hair, and brushed away a few strands, tucking them behind my ear. He leaned in right next to my ear before speaking, "I have always cared, Alex." He laid his hand on my shoulder.

        I grabbed his hand over my shoulder, turned around facing him, and twisted his arm. I had his hand twisted behind his back, and he was uncomfortably close. He chuckled. "Why did you bring me here," I spat out his name, "Loki?"

        He chuckled again. "I have already told you, Alex, for fun."

        "How is this fun?"

        "That is none of your concern." He replied, smirking.

        "I think it is, actually." Loki took this time and reversed our positions. I was now the one with my arm twisted behind my back, and had my back to him. He chuckled in my ear. I winced away from his metallic, evil laughter. "Let me out of here, Loki."

        He took his free hand and ran his thumb along my cheekbone. "Now, why would I do that?"

        "Quit stalling and let me out," I growled, "Plus, you don't even know me."

        "Oh, but I do. You see, I know more about you, than you know yourself."

        I tried to pull away from Loki, but he held- no, more like crushed- my wrist tighter. I didn't say anything to his previous statement. I didn't want to know what he knew about me. I sighed, and looked towards the masks and helmets sitting on the table. "Why me?"

        "Why you?" Loki repeated, "Why you? Well, I suppose this is something I could tell you, no harm would be done..."

        "Just cut to the chase." I interrupted.

        He smirked. "I chose you because of your humanity, it's so precious and dear to you," I like being alive, thank you. He looked at the table, too. "And because your city's precious Avengers are getting in the way-"

        "How so? They don't seem to have done anything wrong, other than stop you the first time."

        He glared at my reflection. "Let me finish," he growled, "And you were chosen because you were getting close to one of them-"

        "You mean Stark?" he nodded, "We met once, and if anything, we're just friends." I turned by head and looked him in the eye. "Seriously, just let me go. Find someone else to use for your tricks."

        He smirked evilly. "As you wish, Alex." He stopped smirking. "But I shall warn you, I will find you again." He let go of me. "And next time, your precious Avengers won't be able to save you." He grabbed a hold of me again, and a tried to free myself. "But first..." he gave me his wicked smirk, he turned me towards him. I braced myself for the worst.

        But instead, he let me go, again. Loki turned with his back towards me. "'But first' what?"

        "I hate coffee." I was perplexed of what he said until he turned around. He looked exactly like Mr. Brown.

        "Wait a second..." I pointed at him, "You're Brown?!"

        He smirked and nodded slowly.

        "Why?!"

        "At first; to watch and keep an eye on you." I rolled my eyes at his reply. He shifted and took on a different look.

        My eyes widened in realization. "And the bartender from the Gala?!" I threw my hands in the air. "How crazy are you?!"

        He smiled. "Crazy enough." He grabbed hold of my wrist, and in his right hand, his scepter materialized. He aimed it at one of the panel of mirrors. A blast came from his scepter and I took a violent step back. Through the hole in the wall, I saw skyscrapers. Not any skyscrapers, but the exact same ones in New York City. And from the looks of it, we were way more than ten stories up.

        I took a shaky breath and looked back at Loki. He smiled evilly back at me, and shoved me forward. I stopped right before the edge. "Wait- you want me to jump?"

        "Not jump-" And he pushed me forward one last time. "-Pushed."

        "LOKIIIIIIIIIII!!" I screamed in anger as I fell to my death. He stared at me for a moment than turned and let me fall. I looked at the rising building as tears flooded my eyes. I kept myself from flailing, knowing it wasn't going to help whatsoever. "You son of a-" I fell for a few more seconds until I hit something hard, my eyes were closed so I couldn't see what I hit.

        Was this the ground? Was I dead? I was still moving, but not down. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around. I saw a familiar 'face'. "Oh God, Tony, where would I be without you?!"

        "Dead?" he joked loudly through the wind. His Iron Man mask was down, "Why the hell were you falling anyways? Decided to go suicidal?"

        I groaned. "Yeah, Tony, exactly. I wanted to kill myself." I rolled my eyes. "Loki KIDNAPPED ME." I shouted as loud as possible over the wind.

        He stopped in midair. "Loki's back?"

        I nodded.

        Tony slowly dropped to the ground. He let go of me, and flipped his mask up. "Where do you think you're going?" I asked.

        "To warn the others."

        "Who?"

        He sighed and looked in the distance at the Stark Tower. "The Avengers."

        He slowly lifted in the air again and I stared up at him. "You can't leave me here! What if Loki comes back?" I shouted at him.

        "Don't worry," he said with a long pause. "You'll be fine."

        "Maybe!"

        "It's fine!" He started, "We're connected!" and he flew off. What the heck did that mean? 'We're connected!'

        I shook my head and looked up at the building I just fell from. Fright began to overwhelm me. What if Loki did come back? What if he threw me off another building- but next time someone won't be there to catch me? I tried not to imagine it.

        The terrifying thoughts and images forced me to sit on the ground. I leaned up against the skyscrapers wall and hugged my knees. I buried my face into my knees and tried not to cry. When I looked back up, all the people in the café next to the building stare at me. A elderly women begins to speak but I don't let her, I stood up quickly and run back towards my apartment.

***

        That night, nightmares haunted me. I feared of falling, and Loki's face crept into each of my dreams. I woke up sweating nearly three times. I couldn't stand it after a while. I flipped on almost all the lights and lay on the couch watching reruns of Lost. After a couple of hours, I fell asleep with no dreams. The next time I woke up it was around eight am.

        I rolled off the couch and changed into a white blouse and a pair of black jeans. I slip on some black ballet flats when my phone rings. I don't look at the caller ID, and hit answer. "Hello?"

        "Meet me for breakfast."

        "Tony?" I ask.

        "Yup, now meet me for breakfast."

        "Where?"

        "Italy." he says, and I can hear a smirk in his voice.

        "Where, really?"

        "Five Leaves," and I think of the Australian themed restaurant. It brought a smile to my face, "18 Bedford Avenue."

        "I know where it is."

        "Good. Meet me there in an hour." And before he hangs up he says, "And bring your stories of yesterday."

        I felt just like Tony probably did after the Avengers. Terrified, afraid to talk about it.

        But I suppose I was going to have to.

        And how did Tony Stark get my phone number?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

586K 19.1K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
10.4K 555 55
"𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮?" -𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟓 When Leora wakes up, the only thing she can remember is h...
1K 120 27
Charlotte Red went through World War Two, helped to create a super-soldier, fought HYDRA, lost Steve Rogers a day after she told him she loved him, a...