An Adventure of a Lifetime

By SASPred

Follow Ash and his Pokémon as he and Serena begin a new adventure together after his victory in the Alola Lea... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 25

2.2K 48 36
By SASPred

It's been three days since Ash won the Kalos League. In those days he respectfully declined the opportunity to battle to Elite 4 as he didn't want to possibly become the Champion of more than one region. He and Serena had talked at length about the decision and were happy with their plan for the future.

The Alola delegation had left the day after the victory. They were all so happy for Ash, especially Burnett and Kukui. They were so happy that Ash had won. They knew Grace was going to let Ash and Serena travel to a new region but they never let on you anyone else. They also knew that Ash and Serena had been discussing moving to Alola after their trip.

Ash and Serena were currently sitting at the table in Grace's kitchen, helping with dinner preparation while Grace and Delia were enjoying a nice relaxing evening after having gone shopping all day.

"Ash, those carrots are to big!" Serena said looking over at the pile of carrots that Ash was cutting for the stew they wanted to make. "They should be little slices not big chunks!"

Serena shook her head as she giggled with a big smile on her face. "Come on, just because you have a big mouth doesn't mean we all want to eat like you do!"

Ash laughed when he realized she was right. "Well I guess I forgot that it wasn't just you and me eating the stew...sorry!" He said with his hand behind his head. "I will cut them into threes so they are easier to eat."

The laughter and giggling coming from the kitchen had both Grace and Delia smiling as well. They were loving how happy their children were and how easily they worked together.

"Those two are going to be amazing parents. They are on the same page with everything and they make everything seem so effortless!" Grace stated, taking a sip of her tea.

Delia could only nod her head in agreement. They both were seeing and thinking the same things. "They both had great teachers in the parenthood part. Serena takes after you allot Grace." Delia stated simply.

Grace could do nothing but smile. She knew how similar her and Serena were. They both had a strong sense of loyalty as well as a strong personality.

Serena and Ash walked into the living room, having put the stew into the slow cooker. They both smiled as their mothers having fun.

"What do we have here?" Ash asked, a smile gracing his features as he looked at Serena. "I think our mothers are having to much fun together!"

Serena giggled. "I think so as well. Maybe they should do some training and have a battle against you."

This resulted in both mothers gulping and their smiles fading as they quickly imagined how that would go.

Their reaction elicited laughter from their children, exactly what the two teens were wanting.

"Y...yo...you should s...s..see the look on your faces!" Ash said, a tear rolling down his cheek from how hard he was laughing.

"Oh my Arceus mother! Your faces are priceless!" Serena stated as she sat down beside her mom.

The teasing got a look of annoyance from Grace while Delia just shook her head and smiled some more, loving how the two young adults were enjoying themselves.

The smiles faded from Delia and Grace though as they looked at Ash and Serena. It was now time to honour Grace's word from before.

"Ash, Serena, it's time for you to listen closely." Grace said.

Both Ash and Serena stopped smiling as they noticed the seriousness on their mothers faces and sat up. Ash was joined by Serena on the love-seat.

"Ash, when you first came here you asked if Serena could go on a journey with you, an adventure." Grace stated, looking at them both. "I told you that if you won the Kalos league I would let her join you and that I had an idea as to where you could go. Now, since you won the league, it's only fair for me to let you know of my decision."

Grace took a sip of her tea as she gathered her thoughts. She knew she was ready for them both to go on the next chapter of their adventure together, the next chapter of their lives.

"Ash, there is a region that not many know of. It's old and steeped in tradition. They don't have a league from what we can tell, but there are 17 kingdoms for you to battle against. There is a strict order in which to battle them, but should you defeat them all in order, it is said the victor of the challenge will be rewarded handsomely."

Ash and Serena looked at each other with excitement! A new region! A very unique region at that!

Serena turned to her mother with excitement. "Are there any new Pokémon there?! Do they have contests or showcases?!"

Grace frowned. She knew Serena was going to ask about contests. "I'm sorry hun, but from what information I have managed to gather, I don't think they do have them. You can find out when you get there though."

Serena looked down in disappointment. "I'm sorry Serena." Ash said, taking her hand in his. "I'm sure they have something. If they don't, we will find something for you to do."

"No, it's ok Ash, really it is. As long as we are together and having fun then that's all that matters. Besides, I have a feeling we will have tons of fun no matter what!" Serena said, laying her head on his shoulder.

"As for Pokémon, there isn't much data on what kinds are in the region." Said Grace. "What is known is that there have been reports of some rare Pokémon being in the region that are not seen anywhere else."

Ash had a grin on his face. He loved the idea of having the chance to get new Pokémon to add to his team. Now his mind was racing! What Pokémon would he find? Would they want to join his team?

Serena giggled as she saw the look on his face. "Ash, I can see the gears turning in that head of yours! Do you know who your taking with you?"

Delia looked up at her son, seeing how deep in thought he was. "Other than Pikachu and Lucario, I think Greninja would be a good idea. I have a feeling they would fit right into the battle styles you would want to use there." She said.

This comment from his mother caused Ash to look at her with curiosity. How did she know the styles of battle that he might want to use? Has she been there before?

Ash looked at the mothers. "I don't suppose either of you have been there before have you? You seem to know allot about it in some ways but know nothing in others."

Grace looked over at Delia who nodded. She turned back to Ash. "Ash, we haven't been there but have spent the last few weeks researching the region so we can give you as much information as we could."

Grace stood up and went to the desk where her computer was and grabbed a small package of documents before returning to her seat.

"This is all you need. Your flight information and tickets, a map with city and rout information, the order in which to battle the kingdoms, as well as customs and traditions and laws." She handed the package to Serena who took the tickets out of the envelop.

"This says we leave in two days and fly out at 7am." She said, reading the tickets. "Ransei...is that the region we are going to?"

Delia nodded as she replied. "You are indeed going to Ransei. It's an island that is said to have been created by Arceus in his image. The island, as Grace told you, is divided into 17 kingdoms. They have the main city and several smaller villages. The airport is located in the city of Aurora. That is where you will start your adventure."

Grace looked at the young couple. "Now, do not rush thing trip for you both. Take your time and experience all there is to experience. Enjoy your selves." She said this last part with a big grin on her face.

"We want you both the enjoy your selves and just relax while your out there." Delia confirmed. "You are adults now. We are trusting you both the make the choices you want to make."

Serena blushed as Ash grinned and squeezed her hand. They could do anything they wanted. However, as fast as his grin arrived, it faded and was replaced by a frown.

"Ash? What's wrong?" Serena asked, noticing the frown and how deep in thought he was.

"Oh, it's nothing really. I just remembered I will have to go back to Alola for the League. As long as we can time it so that we can be back in Aurora to get a flight back to Alola for when I need to be there, this trip is going to be amazing." He said. "I think I'm also going to bring Charizard with me. Have 4 of my heavy hitters and have room for 2 new members."

Serena smiled once again at seeing how Ash was planning and making sure he had things organized. Last time they had journeyed together she had been the one to make the plans, to see where things were. Now she was going to let Ash do all the planning and she couldn't be happier.

Ash turned to Serena. "Do you need a new tent? Boots? Any clothes for the trip?" He asked.

Serena thought for a few moments before answering. "I think we need a tent, mine is old and not in the best shape. My boots are good as is my backpack but we might need cooking utensils and sleeping bags as well." She looked up at Ash. "Are you in need of anything?"

"Well since my last trip I lived with Professor Kukui, I definitely need new gear. My sleeping bag is a little ratty now and the tent is a lost cause thanks to Pikachu frying it accidentally." He said. "Maybe we should make a trip into town tomorrow and get some gear."

As Ash and Serena started discussing what they would need for the trip, Delia and Grace smiled. They were witnessing their children growing up right in front of their eyes. It wasn't something they had expected but were happy and excited as well.

Grace and Delia moved into the kitchen and were shocked to see it was spotless other than the pot the stew was in.

Delia turned to Grace with a grin. "Well, do you think it will happen?" She asked.

Grace looked at Delia, a sparkle in her eyes and a big smile on her face. "I sure hope so. They are perfect together. They compliment each other, work so well together and keep each other level headed." She said. "They couldn't do any better. It's what we hoped for back when they were in summer camp."

Back with Ash and Serena, they were now outside with their Pokémon, telling them the news.

"Ok everyone! Ash and I are going to be going to a new region! It's called Ransei, and it's not like anywhere we have been before." Serena said looking at her team of Delphox, Pangaro, Sylvion, Absol and Draginite. "Now there aren't any showcases or contests that we know of but we will have fun anyway!"

Serena's Pokémon were so excited to be going with her to another region. They had enjoyed Hoenn more than they had expected.

Ash looked at his team, a slight frown on his face. "I know you all would like to come but I'm only taking 4 of you. I'm sorry I won't be taking you all. Infernape and Lycanroc, I won't be using you in the new region, at least not to start with." He said. Turning to Lycanroc, Ash continued. "I'm going to send you back to Professor Kukui for the time being and I will be back in time for the Alola League." He then turned back to Infernape. "I will send you back with mom to Professor Oak's. You can continue to train with the others until I call for you. I don't know when that will be but I will try and have you join me for some of the trip."

Both Lycanroc and Infernape understood. They knew Ash wouldn't leave them behind if he didn't plan on getting some more team members. They also knew those he was taking with him were more well rounded battlers and would bring honour and victory to their trainer.

"Do you guys want to know where we are going?!" Serena asked all of them with excitement in her voice.

Upon seeing all their partners looking at her with expectation and excitement, she looked at Ash.

"We are going to a region called Ransei. All we know so far is that it is steeped in tradition and culture. We dont know what kind of Pokémon will be there and from what we have been told there is no league but that has not been confirmed. However..." Ash started, seeing how his team went from excited to disappointed. "However there are 17 battles we will partake in. They are in a specific order so that will be fun to challenge."

As he finished the last part, his team once more started smiling.

"Ok guys, it's going to be an early morning wake up for the next few days so go rest up. Tomorrow is shopping, the next day it's off to Ransei!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 814 46
Ash Ketchum, the Aura Guardian, and his twin sister May, the Aura Princess, had to flee from Kanto and seek shelter in Kalos in order to escape from...
57.6K 653 12
After winning the title of Kalos Queen, Serena & her friends head on over to the Alola region in search of Ash What would happen if Ash & Serena we'r...
20.4K 398 12
CONTINUED ON @CrazyPokemonWriters Ash Ketchum just recently beat Diantha, becoming the new Kalos champion, a day after Serena Yvonne beat Aria, beco...
44.5K 481 11
It has been four months since the kalos group parted ways.Serena is currently travelling through the Hoenn region she has made many new friends and r...